HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #3| Jan. 22, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET pt II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 09:26 PM
  #26
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I anticipate this strategy would only result in a rash of carrot-related eye injuries with this group. And a couple of own-goals off the sticks.
They'd eventually learn to stand across from each other and eat the carrot of the other person's stick. I also believe this strategy would have minimal results.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:27 PM
  #27
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
What does it say about the ****ing character and work ethic of this team when an 18 year old rookie, who wasnt even supposed to make the team has been the best skater on the ice?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #28
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What does it say about the ****ing character and work ethic of this team when an 18 year old rookie has been the best skater on the ice?
It might say he buys into Lavi b/c he wants a job....but maybe the rest of the team don't want Lavi to have one...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #29
lordsithis
Registered User
 
lordsithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
I thought Schenn had a good game.

Stupid penalties killed the game for you guys though.

lordsithis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #30
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
I'm not really worried about the offense yet. Remember they scored 4 goals against Buffalo, even if they only counted 2. They could have very easily had 3 against Pitt if not for Simmer missing an open net and Craig Adams stopping a puck on the goal line with his stick.

Still it's not good to be in a hole already, and the next game looks like a tough one. I am worried about the defense, but I felt that way before the season started. If they could just stop literally putting pucks in their own net they'll win some games.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
  #31
Primary Assist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
What the hell is wrong with the offense?
Nothing that a puck moving stud defenseman to jump start their non-existant transition game, wouldn't help.

Primary Assist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
  #32
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What does it say about the ****ing character and work ethic of this team when an 18 year old rookie, who wasnt even supposed to make the team has been the best skater on the ice?
Well, he is probably one of the few who's in actual game shape.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
  #33
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
They'd eventually learn to stand across from each other and eat the carrot of the other person's stick. I also believe this strategy would have minimal results.
Now I can't get the image out of my head of both Dmen nibbling on carrots while defending in front of their own nets. The puck goes into the slot, both Dmen skate in different directions to pick up their men, get each other's string around their necks, simultaneously get clotheslined and fall, leaving Bryz alone against 3 opponents.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
  #34
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
I think heads will roll snider wont be a happy camper would like to see Burkie brought in as the new GM

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
  #35
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
It might say he buys into Lavi b/c he wants a job....but maybe the rest of the team don't want Lavi to have one...
If as a professional competitor, you would let your displeasure for the coach outweigh your desire to win, then you have an issue with work ethic and character yourself.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
  #36
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,583
vCash: 500
So when does the preseason end? Guys?



GUIZ!?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
  #37
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Now I can't get the image out of my head of both Dmen nibbling on carrots while defending in front of their own nets. The puck goes into the slot, both Dmen skate in different directions to pick up their men, get each other's string around their necks, simultaneously get clotheslined and fall, leaving Bryz alone against 3 opponents.
That's actually an improvement. Their bodies laying on the ice will at least take away low shots and passes.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
  #38
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Assist View Post
Nothing that a puck moving stud defenseman to jump start their non-existant transition game, wouldn't help.
Yup..there is a reason the Flyers threw the Comcast vault at Suter and Weber. I'm sorry but Gervais, Foster and Schenn were never going to compensate especially when you also lose Carle who played big minutes and transitioned well regardless of all the hate.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
  #39
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I think heads will roll snider wont be a happy camper would like to see Burkie brought in as the new GM
Ew, no thanks. I don't think Homer is the issue here, though building a defense that doesn't mesh in the slightest with the team's system is an extremely questionable GM tactic.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
  #40
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well, he is probably one of the few who's in actual game shape.
What does it say about the character and work ethic of this team when an 18 year old rookie, plus everyone on the penguins, Sabres and devils are in better game shape than them?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
  #41
hotshot26
Registered User
 
hotshot26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TAMPA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
When do we start getting excited for this guy? Cause this team looks awful. We badly need a winger for Giroux's line. We have a team full of 2nd and 3rd line forwards.


hotshot26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:33 PM
  #42
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If as a professional competitor, you would let your displeasure for the coach outweigh your desire to win, then you have an issue with work ethic and character yourself.
Don't disagree but sometimes the message gets old.....so the mind doesn't help the body overcome the malaise.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:33 PM
  #43
Victory5
Registered User
 
Victory5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well, he is probably one of the few who's in actual game shape.
He wasnt the only one playing during the lockout

Victory5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #44
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot26 View Post
When do we start getting excited for this guy? Cause this team looks awful. We badly need a winger for Giroux's line. We have a team full of 2nd and 3rd line forwards.

Is that his real head or was it shrunk by an african tribe?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #45
Totally Radivojevic
Registered User
 
Totally Radivojevic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Slowwww defense and their inability to move the puck leading to virtually no transition game. Subban or Rundblad would be great, but even getting Gustafsson back I think is important.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #46
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Don't disagree but sometimes the message gets old.....so the mind doesn't help the body overcome the malaise.

We've seen this team do alot. Questioning their dedication and heart shouldn't even be an issue.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #47
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 50
Jets with half the talent and a buffoon for a coach have improved team defence in 6 days. This we need time to gel is ****ing nonsense.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #48
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What does it say about the character and work ethic of this team when an 18 year old rookie, plus everyone on the penguins, Sabres and devils are in better game shape than them?
When you put it that way, not much. Though Giroux missed a lot of time recently for some mystery injury. No idea about everyone else. I think a lot of people came back in mid december and then apparently did a lot of nothing. Briere might be good to go? Maybe? I don't know.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
  #49
Victory5
Registered User
 
Victory5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Jets with half the talent and a buffoon for a coach have improved team defence in 6 days. This we need time to gel is ****ing nonsense.
Hire John Stevens again?

Victory5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
  #50
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's actually an improvement. Their bodies laying on the ice will at least take away low shots and passes.
Oh you optimist.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.