HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
lamp9post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Our defence is not as bad as people think.

Markov is a ****ing general.
Markov-Emelin is a good even strength pairing.
Markov-Diaz is a good PP pairing.
Gorges is solid defensively.

Now sign PK to improve the defence even more and get Eller in the lineup.

I hope PK was watching.
Agreed. And if the team can sign Subban to replace Kaberle and next year replace the Cube with Tinordi...

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz

Is a nice mix of veterans and youth, offensive and defensive players and plenty of physicality.

Old
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
This picture kinda makes me teary eyed.. WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THEM FEELS1111

"Don't play soff, pas l'temps d'niaser"

Old
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Bigger players always take longer to get in game shape, patience guys...
Desharnais also.

Old

Man Therrien looks like a good player coach. I like his passion. I would love to get drunk with him. So different from the boring ass Martin.

Old
OneSharpMarble

I would like to see Eller get some centre time on the second wing, either give him decent wingers or make him a winger!

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Is this board really going to be "Who sits next"??? Come on guys, you can do better than that. We won. Enjoy. Eller will have his chance and look better in the process.

The entire DD looks not up to par though they had quite a few chances that didn't materialize. DD made a nice play that provoked one of Markov's goal. And he had a few other nice passes that didn't materialize. But somehow, I guess that the same who hates Therrien, are the same who hates DD and Bouillon....Go figure....
I don't think it's about hate. It's more about fairness.. The kid is sitting in the stand while he need's confidence.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:42 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Let's see if Therrien applies his intensity excuse to Desharnais and Cole for next game.
He won't. He just won 4-1.

But yeah, they both played terrible tonight. Desharnais passes were sloppy and slow as hell. It's your force kid, do it right.

Let's drop the negative tonight. It was a great game. I can't remember last time I saw the Habs play as a team like they did tonight.

Old
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:

Matt Duchene on the right?

Old
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Nice title Seb. Glad to see Diaz finally getting some love.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Eller sit again. That's one of the better game I've seen this team play in years. Especially with the physical aspect.
Maybe Armstrong out, Eller in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
EVERY circumstance entering this game was on our side. The Panthers are an average team that was tired after a grueling early schedule AND depleted by several important injuries.

Still, we kicked their ass. That game was never in doubt.

Markov was incredible. If he's truly back...that is huge. With that said, let's see if he can play at this level once the schedule gets busy. And lol at people who will now proclaim we don't need Subban.

Diaz on the point of the 1st unit was a very nice adjustment.

Desharnais line still not clicking like it did last year.

Good game by the Gally's. Prust was a force, the way he played tonight he's probably only 500-700 K overpaid.
I agree almost completely but I need to add a comment regarding "...Desharnais line still not clicking like it did last year..."

Our first line had its chances; they are working hard. I especially liked Desharnais winning his 1 vs 1 battle against 6’3” Smithson. That play kept the puck in FLO’s territory and led to Markov’s first goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
White is the man.

It was funny listening to the butt-hurt Panthers announcers trying to make excuses. Flesichmann is a nice guy. Gorges is okay. If you hit our player from behind, 4-5 feet away from the boards, INTO the boards, expect retribution. White didn't hesitate. That's exactly what you do.
We need White on 4th. I did not like the team’s indiscipline but coming to the defence of Gorges was not indiscipline... it was a necessity. Passion > Lukewarm, Therrien > Martin, White > Pyatt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
-Bourque - Played hard and looked great all night tonight! Worked hard all game, drew a penalty and went to the net hard on Plekanec's goal. He also had a bunch of hits and created space out there. Was very happy with his game, credit where it is due!
Bourque, Plekanec and Gionta are a legit second line. They have speed, sound two ways play and they are (so far so good for Bourque) low maintenance vets. I also don’t expect them to pout if Therrien feels the need to boost the confidence of the two rooks by giving them PP time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
The #1 underrated player by this board was Bouillon tonight.

The man hit. He pitched in at the right time. He held the zone.

He might be in a bit over his head, but damn it, he works hard as hell. Top work ethics.
You can’t blame Bouillon for Subban’s decision (or Bergevin's) to stay in Toronto. I don’t think that giving him 20+ minutes per game is a viable solution but tonight he was solid. Him, Diaz (great), Emelin (good) are holding the fort/picking up the slack due to Subban's absence.

Well...

Gallagher is feisty and speedy; I hope he stays in Montreal.

Markov and Price are our best players.

Pas l’temps de niaiser!

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-22-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Bad faith on your part. And people need to make the difference between lack of effort and lack of points. If DD doesn't make that great effort on the boards, Markov doesn't score 1 goal. And they had a couple of other occasions but just didn't score. Obviously, it HAS to mean that they didn't work hard. We won....you seriously think he'll sit people?

And as if a coach, any coach, would sit vets like they sit kids. Not happening.
He actually got a point on that play too.

The whole first line (including Patches) have been having it rough, but I still hope they Therrien keeps going back.

If they get going and our other lines can KEEP going.. we have a team that CAN compete.

Old
Undertakerqc

You dont change a winning formula, Eller sits next game...

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You're apologizing quite a bit for Therrien these past few days.
'Cause the attacks are totally unjustified. This is his 2nd freakin game. People gave more chance to Cunneyworth than him. People wanted Diaz with Markov....he gives Diaz with Markov. Yet, people keeps bashing Bouillon who frankly was fine today. But he plays on PP2. And then it's the "sit game" while Therrien only want to get his message through. And Eller needs to understand it. And so are the others. And then people go on thinking Therrien will apply it to vets? In his 2nd or 3rd game? This is pure hatred based on total nonsense. And posters, like you, are MUCH better than that.

Don't worry, I will be on his case in due time. But now? Come on.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Desharnais took a bad penalty. He wasn't intense (what he reproached Eller). It's only fair.

Benching White? You cray?
The assist DD got was more intense than Eller was all game. I love Eller though and hate to see him sitting.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Lshap

Sitting Eller also sends an indirect message to Subban. Nothing and no one is set in stone.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I don't think it's about hate. It's more about fairness.. The kid is sitting in the stand while he need's confidence.
I believe, I hope that he will have it. Don't worry, I'm the biggest confidence preacher. So the organizaiton will HAVE to give it to Eller or I'll be mad as hell. But it is just the start of the year.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

Hey which one of you two just broke wind it smells bad.

Old
Vinc360

Had no real problems tonight. Panthers looked horrible, Habs looked good. I'm curious about what we'll look like against teams like the Pens. I'm not saying that in a pessimistic kind of way either, I'm legitimately curious about our response. Therrien looks crazy uncomfortable and nervous with the media in his post-game pressers. I guess he's just as nervous as the fans are!

Hope we can beat the caps on thursday!!

Old
Ginu

I'd sit DD next game, put Pleks on the #1 line and Eller on the #2. DD has been poor. Gally deserves the #3 spot next game after tonight.

Old
Undertakerqc

Holy ****, 6-1 Sharks over the Oilers after 1 period!!! LOL!Z

Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
The assist DD got was more intense than Eller was all game. I love Eller though and hate to see him sitting.
What assist? I don't remember seeing him get an assist. Maybe it was a 2nd assist and I missed it.

Anyway, I don't hate Desharnais. In his defence, Pacioretty is not playing that well and Cole is slow to start.

I just wanna see my boy Eller get some ice time with good forwards.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd sit DD next game, put Pleks on the #1 line and Eller on the #2. DD has been poor.
LOL not happening! Plekanecs days has a number one center are over...

Old
01-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Maybe Armstrong out, Eller in?
Hmm... probably. Makes more sense to stick him on the sideline if we know Gallagher is going to get the full look before decisions are made, for example. Moen had a moment or two out there, but I don't know if he has made a better case for himself so far than Armstrong, if I'm honest. Obviously has the nod as an incumbent vet, but...

Old
Nedved

our pk got better as the game went along. little rocky in the first, but if there's an area that needs practice it's the pk.

couldn't ask more from price, our the bottom 6 tonight. thought our d played excellent top to bottom.

don't know who sits when pk is back?

kaberle? boullion? I don't want the other 4 to go anywhere and I'll be highly upset if it's emelin. the guy brings a lot to the team, and a skill set nobody else has.

habs are good at finding random talent. diaz looks like a good 4-5 guy, with pp time. maybe a bit more in time, who knows.

good job habs.

Old
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

We go from a no emotion coach in Martin to a guy that might have too much. Did anyone see therrien yelling at Upshall "what the f u looking at" after the White fight, and saying "f me" to the ref twice, man that was funny. But seriously overall he seems calm, and liked that he waited to hi5 all the players before going to the room.

Looked at the ice time, everyone on d played well, specially Bouillon and Daiz, and I like that they sheltered Kaberke mins, got like 12 min mainly on the pp.

Also that MT gave the young guys some pp time late in the game.

Plus we haven't given up an even strengthen goal against yet, D is doing a pretty good job, could be even better with Subban

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Man Therrien looks like a good player coach. I like his passion. I would love to get drunk with him. So different from the boring ass Martin.
That's why I like it has a coach right now. He's good with players and our players need that. Martin was pretty much a army general, is force was strategies. MT is lacking on this side but he's a damn good motivator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Matt Duchene on the right?
Maybe Golum?

Quote:
I believe, I hope that he will have it. Don't worry, I'm the biggest confidence preacher. So the organizaiton will HAVE to give it to Eller or I'll be mad as hell. But it is just the start of the year.
Still.. He need's to play ... We have a big raw talented center with awesome work ethic.. And we sit him... Atleast put him on the wing even if i'm not liking that.

Closed Thread