HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 10:49 PM
  #151
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd sit DD next game, put Pleks on the #1 line and Eller on the #2. DD has been poor. Gally deserves the #3 spot next game after tonight.
Why mess with line #2? If Eller's going to take our DD, play him with Patches and Cole --- even though they've played poorly too.

If anything, I'd probably take out Armstrong and run Moen - Eller - White

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
  #152
Vinc360
Registered User
 
Vinc360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Also, refs need to slow down with the penalties. Not that they were awful tonight or anything, but handing out so many penalties is only gonna slow down the pace of the game and that's sad.

Oh and Price rocks. He's starting this season right where he left off. It's nice having a goalie we never have to worry about.

Vinc360 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
  #153
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Some folks are just fans of some players and not the team.

Hockey. Is a TEAM sport and winning is the ultimate goal.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
  #154
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Brilliant game.

Prust and Markov, just wow.

Gally and Gally, awesome.

White defending Gorges.

Diaz, holy moly he is good.

Price solid. Just a great game to watch.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:51 PM
  #155
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd sit DD next game, put Pleks on the #1 line and Eller on the #2. DD has been poor. Gally deserves the #3 spot next game after tonight.
Agreed, although DD was never really our #1 centre, Pleks always took on the best lines he just didn't have the best wingers.

Give Eller some time with Patches and Cole, see how they work.

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:51 PM
  #156
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,985
vCash: 500
Awards:
Markov was great today, even putting the 2 goals aside. If that's a glimpse of what we can expect all season from him...we'll be solid. Watching him run those PPs was a thing of beauty. Still, we obviously missed a shooter on the 2nd unit...cough, cough.

The Pleks line played well again. They were quieter as the game was put out of reach, but that happens. The DD line was putting together some chances but it looks like the timing is still off, or like they're forcing things. I didn't think DD had a very good game, and Pacioretty kept shooting the puck in Clemmensen's chest for some reason. PGG line was excellent, glad they got rewarded with PP time. I really liked White stepping in when Gorges got hurt. Armstrong and Moen did some good work on the PK but weren't noticeable otherwise. Armstrong is probably the forward I've been least impressed with in the first two games.

On D, everyone played well. Markov I mentioned, Diaz looked great, Bouillon did his job perfectly (though we can't play the full season with him on the powerplay - it will bite us)...even Kaberle has played two very good games so far.

Even if it was 3 games in 4 nights for the Panthers, it would be nice to see this kind of effort from the Habs on a nightly basis.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:51 PM
  #157
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
The Cole-DD-Patchoretty line had 3 points tonight, and people want to send them in India, Habs fans will never be happy! Plekanec line had 2 points, Galchenyuk line had 3 points.

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 PM
  #158
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Some folks are just fans of some players and not the team.

Hockey. Is a TEAM sport and winning is the ultimate goal.
It's normal to have favorites, but I hate player bashing too...

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 PM
  #159
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
What assist? I don't remember seeing him get an assist. Maybe it was a 2nd assist and I missed it.

Anyway, I don't hate Desharnais. In his defence, Pacioretty is not playing that well and Cole is slow to start.

I just wanna see my boy Eller get some ice time with good forwards.
Watch the Markov goal (it's on YouTube already, it was in the GDT thread). He won a board battle against, I think Smithson who is 6'3, 210, and fired a pass to Pacioretty, who passed to Markov for the goal.

Either way, I doubt any of them get sat. The 1st line had 3-points tonight (Desharnais 1, Pacioretty 2). If that's them playing bad, they'll be on fire once they get going.

I like Eller too and I'd play him over Armstrong.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
  #160
68
Registered User
 
68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
That's why I like it has a coach right now. He's good with players and our players need that. Martin was pretty much a army general, is force was strategies. MT is lacking on this side but he's a damn good motivator.
That's what I like about MT. Did you see how he was defending his players against the referees? Did you see his passion on the bench? Did you see him stay at the end to high five all the players after the game? The players love this kind of coach. I would not be even surprised if Rene Bourque does well under Michel Therrien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Watch the Markov goal (it's on YouTube already, it was in the GDT thread). He won a board battle against, I think Smithson who is 6'3, 210, and fired a pass to Pacioretty, who passed to Markov for the goal.

Either way, I doubt any of them get sat. The 1st line had 3-points tonight (Desharnais 1, Pacioretty 2). If that's them playing bad, they'll be on fire once they get going.

I like Eller too and I'd play him over Armstrong.
Ahh I see it now. Yeah I think if someone needs to sit, it's Armstrong. Nobody played bad tonight but I think Armstrong was pretty invisible.

68 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
  #161
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Why mess with line #2? If Eller's going to take our DD, play him with Patches and Cole --- even though they've played poorly too.

If anything, I'd probably take out Armstrong and run Moen - Eller - White
Yes thats what i see has well, play White on the wing. Anyway Eller will sit until we lose

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
  #162
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,013
vCash: 500
Out of context but 6-1 SJ after 1 period vs Edm lol

Gomez winning aura

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
  #163
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Agreed, although DD was never really our #1 centre, Pleks always took on the best lines he just didn't have the best wingers.

Give Eller some time with Patches and Cole, see how they work.
3 puck possesion player ? On the same line ? Nop.

Eller will suceed if you put him on a line with someone who can dish him the puck while hes in the slot. DD.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
  #164
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
That's what I like about MT. Did you see how he was defending his players against the referees? Did you see his passion on the bench? Did you see him stay at the end to high five all the players after the game? The players love this kind of coach. I would not be even surprised if Rene Bourque does well under Michel Therrien.
Totally. I won't praise all his decisions but he's a great motivator. I hope Gallant can make up for that.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
  #165
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
Also, refs need to slow down with the penalties. Not that they were awful tonight or anything, but handing out so many penalties is only gonna slow down the pace of the game and that's sad.
Well, to be fair, they're all supposed to be aware of the areas that referees are going to be focusing on. There's certainly no surprise. First time I saw someone get called for having their stick up in someone's hands while they were carrying the puck, they talked at length about how that, and other stuff, is going to be cut down on. Apparently "the memo" had already been sent by the league/officials, but we're seeing the players continuing with their old habits, testing the boundaries while (in their minds) being competitive on the ice, and getting 2 minute reminders all over the place. If they remain consistent with these calls, I'd expect a sizable jump in league scoring, like in '05/06.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
  #166
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,895
vCash: 500
Glad to see the adjustment on the point of having Diaz with Markov instead of Kaberle.

Florida looked awful, but the habs did what they had to do. Most games won't be this easy though, and its clear that the habs still have alot of improvements to make if they are getting anywhere this season.... but that's for another topic.

Hackett is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
  #167
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,280
vCash: 500
Ryan White and the "we stick together" mentality.

You gotta love it! It feels so good to be watching a TEAM and not 23 players looking to win by containing opposition like the Martin era. It's easy to go after guys when you feel like you're not alone doing it. I still feel like we're missing a big tough defensive D, like an NHL ready Jarred Tinordi, or Carkner who was signed for the same price as Bouillon, and a bigger bottom 6 player like Rupp, but it's damn good start. I'm pretty sure White's 1st beer tonight was on Gorges with a huge smile on his face.

Kudos to Therrien to let our emotional gamers play their game.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
  #168
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
3 puck possesion player ? On the same line ? Nop.

Eller will suceed if you put him on a line with someone who can dish him the puck while hes in the slot. DD.
I've been wanting to see Eller and DD play together for a while. Who cares about positions, they can switch off.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
  #169
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Price gave the game puck to MT and he gave it to MB. Good stuff.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:57 PM
  #170
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I've been wanting to see Eller and DD play together for a while. Who cares about positions, they can switch off.
So, change your mind about the two kids with the grinder?

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:57 PM
  #171
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Out of context but 6-1 SJ after 1 period vs Edm lol

Gomez winning aura
players are probably doing this to show their gm they don't want the gomez signing.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:57 PM
  #172
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,004
vCash: 500
did anyone notice a few times today, when pacioretty had the puck and he didn't drive it to the net? last year, that was a big part of his game, but he seems to be missing that crashing to the net game and takes a harmless shot from the outside.

not sure what it is, confidence or lack of speed. he's playing a different style of hockey.

Nedved is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:59 PM
  #173
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I've been wanting to see Eller and DD play together for a while. Who cares about positions, they can switch off.
How about;

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller - Cole
Moen - White - Prust

lol .. but honestly i dont think we can change the line-up much after the win.. maybe eller in for armstrong

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:59 PM
  #174
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You gotta love it! It feels so good to be watching a TEAM and not 23 players looking to win by containing opposition like the Martin era. It's easy to go after guys when you feel like you're not alone doing it. I still feel like we're missing a big tough defensive D, like an NHL ready Jarred Tinordi, or Carkner who was signed for the same price as Bouillon, and a bigger bottom 6 player like Rupp, but it's damn good start. I'm pretty sure White's 1st beer tonight was on Gorges with a huge smile on his face.

Kudos to Therrien to let our emotional gamers play their game.
Therrien > Martin

Passion > lukewarm

White > Pyatt

Btw... Bouillon was solid tonight. And I also can't wait for Tinordi!

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:59 PM
  #175
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,472
vCash: 500
Its still early, so I'm not worried, but both Cole and Pacioretty look noticeably slower than last season. Cole especially.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.