HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #3| Jan. 22, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET pt II

Old
01-22-2013, 09:52 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
"I wouldn't say it's a crisis. But I think it's fair to say the next game is a must win," Wayne Simmonds post-game, Jan. 22.
Thursday will tell us what we got.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:54 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I think heads will roll snider wont be a happy camper would like to see Burkie brought in as the new GM
I'd enjoy this scenario the most if Burke failed to get Luongo to Philly and therefore got fired by Snider.

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:54 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Just look no farther then our farm team we have no talent down there worth speaking.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So... if your saying we should relax and not worry (not your words but seems to be the consensus of those who "believe" I guess), when do we start to worry? Remember, we dont have half a season to get the thing right. We have 45 more games now.
After 20ish games, if we're far away behind the playoff teams, then we should start to worry. After 3 games against pretty good teams? lol.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Why the Burke love? I honestly think he is/was a worse GM then Homer.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

If this team can't get up and get ****ing prepared for the rangers game then I really think its time to flip the plastic cover up on the panic button... I'm not hitting it yet... Just getting it ready.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
After 20ish games, if we're far away behind the playoff teams, then we should start to worry. After 3 games against pretty good teams? lol.
So, you are saying we should wait half a season before freaking? What about the team? Should they make changes, or not worry?

Also we will be playing these teams alot in a short season, so better hope they get better against "pretty good teams"

Old
Saison Marguerite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
A shootout win. They can't get it done in regulation.

They are now losing 6-1.
Lol, shoot out win or not, they still won.

And hey, they at least scored one goal tonight .

Saison Marguerite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:57 PM
BernieParent

My worry is a panic move by Holmgren. Please just let this roster play together and don't go chasing the shiny objects. If they miss the playoffs this year, they miss the playoffs this year.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
My worry is a panic move by Holmgren. Please just let this roster play together and don't go chasing the shiny objects. If they miss the playoffs this year, they miss the playoffs this year.
If there is a year to miss the playoffs , it seems like this is the year.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:59 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
So, you are saying we should wait half a season before freaking? What about the team? Should they make changes, or not worry?
They have to adapt, not to worry or to do panic moves. We've lost 3-1 with an empty net against Pittsburgh, 5-2 against buf, but it was 2-2 for a while and we've been disallowed 2 goals. Then 3-0 against NJD with 2 weird goals. It's not like we lost 8-0 3 times in a row against Columbus, NYI and the habs.

Edit : you can add to that the fact that Briere is out, that Laviolette tried new lines, which were pretty weird, etc.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I think thats what people HAVE to understand. This team is relying on their sophomore players to help out Giroux. You also got guys like Hartnell and Simmonds who had career years. Who knows if they replicate it.

Even during the losing streaks last season, this season, with the short schedule feels different with their work ethic.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:00 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
I think heads will roll snider wont be a happy camper would like to see Burkie brought in as the new GM
I don't understand this love affair with Burke. He couldn't handle the Toronto situation, do you really think he could handle working for Snider and dealing with the Philly media? He would have a nervous breakdown if he hasn't already had one. The guy is walking on the edge as it is, it wouldn't take much for him to fall over.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Rags play Bruins tomorrow than Philly Thursday. Zero excuse not to win.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
They have to adapt, not to worry or to do panic moves. We've lost 3-1 with an empty net against Pittsburgh, 5-2 against buf, but it was 2-2 for a while and we've been disallowed 2 goals. Then 3-0 against NJD with 2 weird goals. It's not like we lost 8-0 3 times in a row against Columbus, NYI and the habs.
It's not the results that I'm worried about. It's the complete lack of synchronization and work while we're making teams that had just as much time to prepare as we did look like they're playing for the cup against a prep school team.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Weird goals or disallowed goals, they are still goals. The teams still scored those goals. I see the "unlucky" thing floating around. You aren't just unlucky, you promote it how you act (or in this case play).

They have to bring their own luck, or they could lose a lot of game. It doesnt matter if the other team scored lucky goals or not, they are still losses.

I'll be honest. Wish I was as calm as you. You seem to have alot of faith in the current roster. I see the holes in it which are being found out by other teams it seems. Could they turn it around? Sure. But they have ALOT of work to do and not alot of time to do it.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I don't want to see any panic trades either.

We know they'd involve draft picks. I'd rather keep those.

ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Lavi better figure something out b/c his team looks extremely confused out there and he bears responsibility regardless. Tocchet said there doesn't seem to be any commitment to defense but I guess so when Lavi said he was going to attack attack attack. Ironically, the attack looks like the Polish cavalry going up against Panzers...
Completely OT fun fact, that's a myth. http://www.historynet.com/1939-polis...an-panzers.htm .

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
It's not the results that I'm worried about. It's the complete lack of synchronization and work while we're making teams that had just as much time to prepare as we did look like they're playing for the cup against a prep school team.
I don't think it was that bad. The PP sucks, but otherwise... like I said, they will adapt their game.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
I think thats what people HAVE to understand. This team is relying on their sophomore players to help out Giroux. You also got guys like Hartnell and Simmonds who had career years. Who knows if they replicate it.

Even during the losing streaks last season, this season, with the short schedule feels different with their work ethic.
Common sense endures.

In the most of extreme scenarios, if this team can't pull it together in time, you ask Timonen and Briere if they want another shot at the Cup, and see what the market will bear. Attempt to restock the cupboard in a D-heavy draft year. If they pull it together, sweet!

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Weird goals or disallowed goals, they are still goals. The teams still scored those goals. I see the "unlucky" thing floating around. You aren't just unlucky, you promote it how you act (or in this case play).

They have to bring their own luck, or they could lose a lot of game. It doesnt matter if the other team scored lucky goals or not, they are still losses.

I'll be honest. Wish I was as calm as you. You seem to have alot of faith in the current roster. I see the holes in it which are being found out by other teams it seems. Could they turn it around? Sure. But they have ALOT of work to do.
It's not really a luck thing, it's more that we were not that far from winning. We were in the first two games, this one is the only one in which we didn't really compete. This roster is basically the same as last year, with rookies being a year older and a more confident Bryz. There's no way we won't be an offensive power.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:08 PM
ayshplaysh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If there is a year to miss the playoffs , it seems like this is the year.
Yeah really, look at dat draft!

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Just look no farther then our farm team we have no talent down there worth speaking.
all of our young talent is on the roster.

schenn, couturier, laughton if they were all in the ahl or whatever we would be ranked number 1 by hf....do think that ish matters?

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:10 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Common sense endures.

In the most of extreme scenarios, if this team can't pull it together in time, you ask Timonen and Briere if they want another shot at the Cup, and see what the market will bear. Attempt to restock the cupboard in a D-heavy draft year. If they pull it together, sweet!
As mentioned somewhere on this board, the draft isn't all that D-heavy. Only 2 (with obviously Jones) in the top 8, and 4 in the top 10.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:10 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
It's not really a luck thing, it's more that we were not that far from winning. We were in the first two games, this one is the only one in which we didn't really compete. This roster is basically the same as last year, with rookies being a year older and a more confident Bryz. There's no way we won't be an offensive power.
I disagree. If Hartnell can't replicate or even improve on his career year and Voracek can't put it together, this offense is not good enough. In that circumstance, it's essentially Giroux and then a team of 2nd and 3rd liners right now.