HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 08:16 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
ya. its seriously retarded that he didn't get an invite to the camp. why dont you let him practice with the NHL squad. give him a list of things to work on before you send him down for more games. at least this way it makes sense.. he feels like he competed hard to make it and he'll have a very clear idea on what to work on. not even giving the guy a chance to make it is stupid
Isles told Nino that they wanted him playing 20-22 mins a game, in all situations.

I think I could understand better, if Nino and his agent were upset over last season.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...medium=twitter

"It's more conducive for him to be there at this point in time."

Old
01-22-2013, 08:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Technically it was Rundblad and a 2nd rounder

Phoenix had to add more along with the second rounder to get Vermette
A conditional 4th two drafts away(at the time) and a contract we did not want (in order to stay under the max). A 30 year old minor league, back up goalie, IIRC. Let's not pick nits.

01-22-2013, 08:24 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
So I guess Brock Nelson and Donovan, who are also having strong ahl seasons and didn't get invited to camp, will also be asking to be traded?
Yes.

Brock Nelson will ask to be traded, because Nino Neiderreiter asked to be moved. Good logic!

Old
01-22-2013, 08:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Yes.

Brock Nelson will ask to be traded, because Nino Neiderreiter asked to be moved. Good logic!
Well the argument seems to be Nino's playing well in the AHL, so since the isles didn't invite him to camp, his asking for a trade is understandable.

Donovan was named to the 2012-2013 AHL all star team. He wasn't invited to camp.

Nelson was Bridgeport's best all round forward, before getting a broken jaw.He came back days before the lockout ended, yet he wasn't invited to training camp.

Why aren't Nelson and Donovan outraged? Where are their agents to demand a trade

Old
01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Kulemin + a good D prospect for Niño?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Well the argument seems to be Nino's playing well in the AHL, so since the isles didn't invite him to camp, his asking for a trade is understandable.

Donovan was named to the 2012-2013 AHL all star team. He wasn't invited to camp.

Nelson was Bridgeport's best all round forward, before getting a broken jaw.He came back days before the lockout ended, yet he wasn't invited to training camp.

Why aren't Nelson and Donovan outraged? Where are their agents to demand a trade
His being pissed is expected. Demanding to be moved is a bit of a surprise, but not an entire one. Your argument is missing the entire human concept. That people are different.

If a last place team has a player that publicly wants out, does that mean the rest of them want out too because the team sucks? You know the answer... obviously.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post

Ask yourself. 1 and 1/2 yrs of Kulemin or 5 and 1/2 yrs of Nino, which would the cash strapped, rebuilding NYI prefer?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
His being pissed is expected. Demanding to be moved is a bit of a surprise, but not an entire one. Your argument is missing the entire human concept. That people are different.

If a last place team has a player that publicly wants out, does that mean the rest of them want out too because the team sucks? You know the answer... obviously.
Shouldn't Donovan and Nelson be pissed?

You are missing my point: I'm sorry Nino is unhappy, but don't want him moved because he's having a hissy fit. Get over the disappointment and continue to play hard. He'll get another chance to win an NHl job.

He's had more chances then Nelson and Donovan at securing and keeping an NHL roster spot.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Man, is ANYONE trying with these offers? This doesn't do squat for the Islanders.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
belair

Not entirely familiar with his NHL upside, but if the Oilers were to take a stab, I'd say:

Magnus Paajarvi + Theo Peckham

for

Nino Niederreiter + a depth player or a late pick

As it's been said before, there is the Swiss connection a'la Ralph Krueger in Edmonton. But it won't happen.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
dannyj10

Despres+?

Old
01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Shouldn't Donovan and Nelson be pissed?

You are missing my point: I'm sorry Nino is unhappy, but don't want him moved because he's having a hissy fit. Get over the disappointment and continue to play hard. He'll get another chance to win an NHl job.

He's had more chances then Nelson and Donovan at securing and keeping an NHL roster spot.
If Donovan and Nelson want to be NHL players, they should be upset. Does that mean they automatically demand a trade? Of course not..

I'm sure he will either get over it or get traded, should he automatically look the other way because of Snow's incompetence? I dont think so... I mean a friggin invite to a top prospect, how hard is that to do?

He is 20, that alone, makes your "more chances" argument downright foolish.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
No thanks.

Snow has said in interviews that he's not stopping his youth movement. I don't see him trading a 20 yr old recent lottery pick, for 30 yr old Umberger.

Offer up a young, potential stud to replace the young, potential stud Snow is losing.
Quote:
Isles don't want picks for top youngsters. How many yrs till that 2013 draft pick, is contributing?

This just pushes the rebuild back further.
Gah! If you don't like the offers, fine. But you don't want and "old" guy and you don't want a first-round pick, both in addition to a young defenseman with serious scoring potenial.

FYI -- I don't think Nino is going to get traded, and I wouldn't trade him if it was my decision to make. I'd love for the CBJ to get him, though, if it came to it, and I think between Savard and Erixon and the first-round picks, a good offer could be made.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I'd give Kane for Okposo, Nino, 2014 1st, 2015 1st.
Not bad. I would want one of those picks protected but Kane and Tavares would be gross

Old
01-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Not entirely familiar with his NHL upside, but if the Oilers were to take a stab, I'd say:

Magnus Paajarvi + Theo Peckham

for

Nino Niederreiter + a depth player or a late pick

As it's been said before, there is the Swiss connection a'la Ralph Krueger in Edmonton. But it won't happen.
Why do the Isles add? Peckham doesn't bring much more than Martinek/Carkner/etc, and the Islanders have a glut of D-men in the prospect pool. Don't need another depth d-man. As for Paajarvi...just not interested. He couldn't stay in the line up in the 29th place Oilers last season, isn't putting up the stats in the AHL one would expect of a player of his pedigree which is disconcerting. Furthermore, considering how often I see Paajarvi (and Gagner for that matter) thrown into Oilers trade proposals, I've got to think they are just the scraps of the Oilers. This trade doesn't address any Islanders needs...at all.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
If Donovan and Nelson want to be NHL players, they should be upset. Does that mean they automatically demand a trade? Of course not..

I'm sure he will either get over it or get traded, should he automatically look the other way because of Snow's incompetence? I dont think so... I mean a friggin invite to a top prospect, how hard is that to do?

He is 20, that alone, makes your "more chances" argument downright foolish.

I could buy the Snow's incompetent argument last yr, since I didn't like an overwhelmed Nino being kept up on the NHL roster. However, I have no complaint with the isles wanting 20 yr olds Nino and Nelson getting a ton of 1st line icetime, wanting them playing in all situations and deciding that Bridgeport gives them the chance to play under those conditions.

Unless the ufa age has been drastically lowered, I expect these lowball Nino offers, to go as far as the lowball Okposo and Grabner proposals of the last 1-2 yrs.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Kwikwi

55 game played (2011-2012)
1 goal
0 assist
1 points

i know he is 20 years old but hey. He has a lot to prove.

I don't know what people see in him expect that he was considered a future star. Reminds me of Patrick Stefan. I hope he finds is way soon

Old
01-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Yossarian54

Quote:
Isles told Nino that they wanted him playing 20-22 mins a game, in all situations.

I think I could understand better, if Nino and his agent were upset over last season.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...medium=twitter

"It's more conducive for him to be there at this point in time."
It's a fair point that you'd make to a lot of players in that situation, I agree with your assertion.

However, if I was in Nino's situation, it would come across as being an incredibly hollow statement. Last year, they played you for 55 games at an average of about 9:50 a game with Tim Wallace and Jay Pandolfo as your linemates? I don't even know who those guys are. It's amazingly obvious that the only thing Snow cared about last year was having your salary bonuses count towards the cap while giving you no opportunity to earn them. Now that the bonuses cannot count towards the cap; 'it's all about your development'. Again, were I in his position, I would view that statement as somewhat dishonest, and it would certainly impact my confidence in the ability of Snow to be straight with me, or do what is best for my development.

I think you are correct, they are upset over last season. But it's the absurd contrast with this season, which obviously stems from ulterior motives on the part of the GM, which would have destroyed confidence in him.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:15 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Gah! If you don't like the offers, fine. But you don't want and "old" guy and you don't want a first-round pick, both in addition to a young defenseman with serious scoring potenial.

FYI -- I don't think Nino is going to get traded, and I wouldn't trade him if it was my decision to make. I'd love for the CBJ to get him, though, if it came to it, and I think between Savard and Erixon and the first-round picks, a good offer could be made.
Snow has shopped his high lottery picks. According to Strang, offering those picks for a 20-22 yr old, with similar upside.

So, yeah, we can say Snow would want a young player who fits into his rebuild. One who's development is 2-4 yrs ahead of Snow's draft pick.

Trading 20 yr old Nino for an undrafted 17/18 yr old, is the exact opposite of what Snow's tried to do the last few yrs.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
It's a fair point that you'd make to a lot of players in that situation, I agree with your assertion.

However, if I was in Nino's situation, it would come across as being an incredibly hollow statement. Last year, they played you for 55 games at an average of about 9:50 a game with Tim Wallace and Jay Pandolfo as your linemates? I don't even know who those guys are. It's amazingly obvious that the only thing Snow cared about last year was having your salary bonuses count towards the cap while giving you no opportunity to earn them. Now that the bonuses cannot count towards the cap; 'it's all about your development'. Again, were I in his position, I would view that statement as somewhat dishonest, and it would certainly impact my confidence in the ability of Snow to be straight with me, or do what is best for my development.

I think you are correct, they are upset over last season. But it's the absurd contrast with this season, which obviously stems from ulterior motives on the part of the GM, which would have destroyed confidence in him.

Last yr Nino was 19. Too young to play in the AHL.

Would the isles have sent Nino to the AHL last season, if he'd been 20? I think so.
He looked overwhelmed in the NHL, his confidence shot.

I'm glad he's rebuilt his confidence, is playing with swagger. Good for Nino and good for the NYI.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:25 PM
sjci

vCash: 2000
Pick two of the four:
C/LW - Luke Adam
D - Brayden McNabb
D - TJ Brennan
2nd Round Pick

For

Nino

Would any of that pique an interest?

Last edited by sjci: 01-22-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Savard/Erixon + whatever ends up being our lowest first. It'd be interesting to get him re-united with Johansen, but I lol'd when people said Murray or Tyutin +. Nino obviously has potential, but he had an off year last year and is rumored to want out. His value couldn't be that high around the league.

Welp, just saw a similar offer get poo-pooed. That's the most I would let go of, so I'll show myself out.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:41 PM
FanHabtic

Lars Eller + 2nd round pick.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Savard/Erixon + whatever ends up being our lowest first. It'd be interesting to get him re-united with Johansen, but I lol'd when people said Murray or Tyutin +. Nino obviously has potential, but he had an off year last year and is rumored to want out. His value couldn't be that high around the league.

Welp, just saw a similar offer get poo-pooed. That's the most I would let go of, so I'll show myself out.
Not an off year, just dumped into the bigs before he was ready, and put out there with garbage for linemates.

I think I was the one who threw Murray's name out, but not as a serious suggestion, but what we would want from the Jackets. I also said I wouldn't do it if I was Columbus, but that it is what would be asked for regardless.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Don't want Jbo anywhere near Long Island. Unless he's on the visiting team, in which case he can come as often as he likes.
That's fair what about something like

Giordano + Smith + Stempniak

For

MacDonald + Nino

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 01-22-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Closed Thread