HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
11-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
St Louis -
85 points in 35 games for Vermont
Well over PPG in the AHL

He has put up points everywhere he went. Tedenby has always had skill but never translated as many points as his talent indicated, that is a massive red flag for a small player.
St. Louis also played in a different era. That has to be mentioned too.

That said, I too agree it isn`t too late for him to break out. He won`t get many chances to prove himself though.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Tedenby still has a chance. I don't think Lou is going to give up on him. I believe he will eventually break through and make something of himself in the NHL. The question is whether he will have the persistence and determination to stay in North America until then, instead of returning to Sweden.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

if Tedenby werent a first rounder i doubt he'd be given much of a chance to make the team. he has so much skill, but this is a production league. Fancy moves and hard work wont get you anywhere without some numbers to back you up, especially for a small guy

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

He has to score/put up points that's the bottom line, and most of us seem to see eye to eye on that. There's players like Zubrus who don't need to put up points. He's got size(A lot of it) and can play defensively. He still puts up the points, but forget that for a moment. Josefson is a center, faceoff guy, and can play defense, and he does both pretty damn good, even if he's not putting up points. I still think Jacob will be a pretty good offensive player, but that's besides the point.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Please trade him to a team that will actually give him a fair shake. How Deboer handles him is an embarrassment. Benched? For what?! He's been more noticeable than Elias, Josefson, etc. Pathetic.

MartyForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

It was a pretty bad penalty to take, and he is an adventure defensively at best. The Flyers are a dangerous team offensively. It made perfect sense to bench him in the third.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:15 PM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
Please trade him to a team that will actually give him a fair shake. How Deboer handles him is an embarrassment. Benched? For what?! He's been more noticeable than Elias, Josefson, etc. Pathetic.
Completely disagree. Tonight, he made two nice defensive plays he wouldn't have made in the past, but the only notable thing he did tonight was take an absolutely brutal penalty for no reason whatsoever. If he isn't putting up 40 points, he doesn't deserve to hit the ice, and it's been that way his entire tenure.

xdl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
For being dumb.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

i honestly feel like pete just doesnt like the way tedenby plays overall. and essentially with that he will look for any nitpick reason to bench him. might only be a matter of time until he gets last years treatment and is on his way back to albany im afraid.

AirheadPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
He took a stupid unnecessary penalty. I don't think Pete is gonna take it out too much on him. I think they just wanted to give Matteau more time while he's only got 5 games to see if he stays or goes.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Darkauron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadPete View Post
i honestly feel like pete just doesnt like the way tedenby plays overall. and essentially with that he will look for any nitpick reason to bench him. might only be a matter of time until he gets last years treatment and is on his way back to albany im afraid.
That is how i feel. I want Tedenby to do well so bad but i just don't feeling it happen under Pete's system.

Darkauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Teddy has looked really good . He has created chances and has good chemistry with Patty

Even on the one mistake he made, which was the stupid penalty. He made a good play right before by covering for Tallinder

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
Completely disagree. Tonight, he made two nice defensive plays he wouldn't have made in the past, but the only notable thing he did tonight was take an absolutely brutal penalty for no reason whatsoever. If he isn't putting up 40 points, he doesn't deserve to hit the ice, and it's been that way his entire tenure.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kovalchuk wouldn't be able to put up 40 points in a regular season playing 5 minutes a game for crying out loud. This guy hasn't gotten consistent top 6 minutes under Deboer EVER. That is a fact. He did fine when Lemaire actually have him a fair shot.

Dumb mistake? 1 play by a young player that happens dozens of times in a season.

EDIT: You recall 2 nice defensive plays, and the nice drop off in the offensive zone (can't ignore it). So 3 memorable good plays in 6 minutes. That's 3 more than Elias had all game. You have to let a guy get in a groove. Anyone that has ever played hockey can't possibly disagree with what I'm saying.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Maybe it's not just DeBoer, multiple coaches have seen the same issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Teddy has looked really good . He has created chances and has good chemistry with Patty

Even on the one mistake he made, which was the stupid penalty. He made a good play right before by covering for Tallinder
I think it's not so much the penalty, it's that they don't trust him defensively or with puck responsibility yet. I don't blame DeBoer for that, we all know Tedenby is lacking defensively, and he goes for the fancy play a little too often.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:25 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Well last year Ted's was given half a season, and did very little with it.

I don't see an anti ted's bias from anyone on the dev's.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
CerebralGenesis

And we were up in the third protecting a lead. Not sure I want tedenby out there for that, maybe for more of those PP chances but the PP starters are still learning so tedenby should be waiting in line.

If Larsson has to wait his turn then so will Tedenby.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

I think Teddy has been decent. Some brain farts as well but definitely had some flashes of skill. He just needs to pot one soon and get some confidence back.

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
I think Teddy has been decent. Some brain farts as well but definitely had some flashes of skill. He just needs to pot one soon and get some confidence back.
Think that is key as well. Joseffson in the same boat as well.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
Well last year Ted's was given half a season, and did very little with it.

I don't see an anti ted's bias from anyone on the dev's.
Half a season on the 4th line (playing with Janssen/Boulton and other scrubs LOL), with some 3rd line, averaging 5 minutes per game and 8 shifts. Oh yea, he was really given a fair shot.

And people say other coaches had a problem with him? A hall of famer liked him enough to give him consistent playing time in his 1st year and he produced. This myth that he cant play defense or doesn't hustle is getting really old too. The cliches are getting old. He is not a liability on the ice.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Tedenby was given PP time tonight, even after his bad penalty. Not sure how anyone can say there is a bias against him when he is on the PP unit.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kovalchuk wouldn't be able to put up 40 points in a regular season playing 5 minutes a game for crying out loud. This guy hasn't gotten consistent top 6 minutes under Deboer EVER. That is a fact. He did fine when Lemaire actually have him a fair shot.

Dumb mistake? 1 play by a young player that happens dozens of times in a season.

EDIT: You recall 2 nice defensive plays, and the nice drop off in the offensive zone (can't ignore it). So 3 memorable good plays in 6 minutes. That's 3 more than Elias had all game. You have to let a guy get in a groove. Anyone that has ever played hockey can't possibly disagree with what I'm saying.
I agree with the poster who said he needs 40 points to be on the roster. Of course that's in an 82 game season. Not a 48 game season. And yes I do agree he can't get that playing low minutes. However if he gets a lot of minutes he needs to do better than that. Him air mailing it over the crossbar the other night on the partial breakaway is my biggest annoyance with him. Not so much his defensive play. He did a lot of that last year with us too. Get tons of opportunities like that only to hit the glass.

He does need to put up points if he wants to stay. He really has not much use other than that. He isn't a center that can win faceoffs, he isn't a big guy like Zubrus, he isn't a PK guy. I do agree though that he needs more than 8 minutes a game or whatever he got tonight. He's played 103 games so no one can say give him a chance. It's the minutes he needs though. If he is getting the minutes, and can't do anything with them then I have a problem.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Funny how when Tedenby has a rare good game, it has nothing to do with the fact he's playing a lousy team that isn't in game condition but when he plays a decent team (0-3 or not) and does the same **** he always does, it's the coach's fault for benching him.

I'm sure the game thread was 80% *****ing about his benching and the other 20% actually positive about the game.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:08 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Half a season on the 4th line (playing with Janssen/Boulton and other scrubs LOL), with some 3rd line, averaging 5 minutes per game and 8 shifts. Oh yea, he was really given a fair shot.

And people say other coaches had a problem with him? A hall of famer liked him enough to give him consistent playing time in his 1st year and he produced. This myth that he cant play defense or doesn't hustle is getting really old too. The cliches are getting old. He is not a liability on the ice.
He also had a few bad plays leading up to the penalty and benching, but keep making believe he only got benched for 'one' mistake.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Not sure how Tedenby is supposed to do anything to impress the coaches while sitting on the bench.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:17 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Funny how when Tedenby has a rare good game, it has nothing to do with the fact he's playing a lousy team that isn't in game condition but when he plays a decent team (0-3 or not) and does the same **** he always does, it's the coach's fault for benching him.

I'm sure the game thread was 80% *****ing about his benching and the other 20% actually positive about the game.
There's a psychology topic on this:I think it's a self-serving bias but I don't want to offend anyone on the couch.Either way, he has shown flashes of brilliance in certain areas but you really would have hoped to see more from a guy who has played over 100 games. With this offensive unit, he will still get a few chances