HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
did anyone notice a few times today, when pacioretty had the puck and he didn't drive it to the net? last year, that was a big part of his game, but he seems to be missing that crashing to the net game and takes a harmless shot from the outside.

not sure what it is, confidence or lack of speed. he's playing a different style of hockey.
Took him a while to get going last year if I recall. Cole too.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
We go from a no emotion coach in Martin to a guy that might have too much. Did anyone see therrien yelling at Upshall "what the f u looking at" after the White fight, and saying "f me" to the ref twice, man that was funny. But seriously overall he seems calm, and liked that he waited to hi5 all the players before going to the room.

Looked at the ice time, everyone on d played well, specially Bouillon and Daiz, and I like that they sheltered Kaberke mins, got like 12 min mainly on the pp.

Also that MT gave the young guys some pp time late in the game.

Plus we haven't given up an even strengthen goal against yet, D is doing a pretty good job, could be even better with Subban
This.

It's so much refreshing to see a coach with emotions and bring a Toughness mentality to his team.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
After a win like that? You cray?

White should probably sit.
Eller was not missed at all. Zip, zed and zero.

You think Eller would have stood up for Gorges? Hell no.

What White did was energize the Habs down the stretch in the 3rd Period.

Benching White would be Martinesque.........and he is gone (thankfully!!!!)

Old
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
did anyone notice a few times today, when pacioretty had the puck and he didn't drive it to the net? last year, that was a big part of his game, but he seems to be missing that crashing to the net game and takes a harmless shot from the outside.

not sure what it is, confidence or lack of speed. he's playing a different style of hockey.
What it can be is players after doing very well in a year will sometimes revert to playing a more finesse game rather then the power game that got them there, usually its a one or two year thing hopefully nothing more

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Its still early, so I'm not worried, but both Cole and Pacioretty look noticeably slower than last season. Cole especially.
I'd say its more about timing and cohesion than speed right now. If cole scores that open netter and patches buries one out of his multiple golden chances thus far, we are probably not even talking about this.

Old
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Therrien > Martin

Passion > lukewarm

White > Pyatt

Btw... Bouillon was solid tonight. And I also can't wait for Tinordi!
I still don't like letting Pyatt go. He's got like 13-goals in his last 77-games.

Lapierre - Moore - Pyatt was such an awesome line.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
So, change your mind about the two kids with the grinder?
I'm happy to eat crow about how well they played. Of course time will only tell if it sustains but Gallagher looked much more NHL ready than I expected him to and I'm once again impressed at how Prust plays hockey. I assumed he was on the same level as Moen (who was one of my favourite grinders over the past few seasons), but he might be even better.

Galchenyuk was mostly invisible besides his goal, but you can't teach that sense and determination.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Glad to see the adjustment on the point of having Diaz with Markov instead of Kaberle.

Florida looked awful, but the habs did what they had to do. Most games won't be this easy though, and its clear that the habs still have alot of improvements to make if they are getting anywhere this season.... but that's for another topic.
Habs played a very solid game, but Florida was playing a second game in 2 nights and they lost against Ottawa too.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Patofqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
How about;

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller - Cole
Moen - White - Prust

lol .. but honestly i dont think we can change the line-up much after the win.. maybe eller in for armstrong
Humm... you have me thinking. Not bad at all.

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
How about;

Moen - White - Prust

lol .. but honestly i dont think we can change the line-up much after the win.. maybe eller in for armstrong
I like your lines but there has to be a way to get Bourque on the right wing! We could swap him with Gallagher and give the youngster some time on the top line before he gets sent down.

Old
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
"Don't play soff, pas l'temps d'niaser"
And you sir, are the winner!

Old
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Markov breakout pass from his own zone are a thing of beauty. Best defenseman in the nhl for the 1st pass. I couldnt care any less about the 2 goals. When he got the puck on his blade, the Montreal Canadiens can focuss on offense 100%.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
'Cause the attacks are totally unjustified. This is his 2nd freakin game. People gave more chance to Cunneyworth than him. People wanted Diaz with Markov....he gives Diaz with Markov. Yet, people keeps bashing Bouillon who frankly was fine today. But he plays on PP2. And then it's the "sit game" while Therrien only want to get his message through. And Eller needs to understand it. And so are the others. And then people go on thinking Therrien will apply it to vets? In his 2nd or 3rd game? This is pure hatred based on total nonsense. And posters, like you, are MUCH better than that.

Don't worry, I will be on his case in due time. But now? Come on.
Im not a big Therrien fan, but he ran his bench very well today. Pleks and Markov did the heavy lifting and he found good spots to use 27's line as secondary attackers.

Getting Gally in on the pop when the game was in hand was smart.

Bullion on 2 PP is bad, but it does set up 26-74 to keep things steady the shift after.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Et le But

Quote:
How about;

Moen - White - Prust

I don't expect Theirren to change anything after that game, unless Subban signs of course, but unless the organization is giving up on Eller completely, which I wouldn't rule out considering how they are, I'd like to see Desharnais and Eller together if that "first" line doesn't pick it up soon. And even if they do, I'm still curious to see how DD plays on the wings.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
How about;

Moen - White - Prust

Don't like Patches with Gallys2

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
Markov breakout pass from his own zone are a thing of beauty. Best defenseman in the nhl for the 1st pass. I couldnt care any less about the 2 goals. When he got the puck on his blade, the Montreal Canadiens can focuss on offense 100%.
Its early, but it looks like Markov still has that vision and playmaking ability. He hasn't lost an ounce of that. What he may have lost is some agility and foot speed, but I'll wait to see more games before I say for sure.

This was the biggest positive I took out of this game.

Old
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Its still early, so I'm not worried, but both Cole and Pacioretty look noticeably slower than last season. Cole especially.
I thought they worked hard. Regarding Cole... he is doing what’s most vets do when they are trying to find their game: getting physically involved. Maybe he is slightly overdoing it. Long story short: just like you, I am not worried.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
How about;

Moen - White - Prust

No way. Prust with the kids looked great. Prust is more than a grinder/fighter. He can actually play good hockey.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Pacioretty gained some weight in the off-season so it could be that. Playing only 5 games in the Swiss League didn't help either.

As for Cole, he's an old man and he didn't play at all. I think it took him some time too last year to find his speed. His strength was not really his speed but more his acceleration, I hope he can get back that acceleration soon.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Totally. I won't praise all his decisions but he's a great motivator. I hope Gallant can make up for that.
Therrien was waiting in the hallway to fistpump all the players after the game. Price gave him the puck after the game. (Therrien gave it to Bergevin) Plus, the pic with G-Squared was priceless. He's playing the players' coach game. It suits him well. Like you said, let's hope Gallant, Jodoin and Daigneault can bring the technical side. (The D-men's solid performance tonight looks like a good indicator of coaching adjustments.) Then again, Therrien has enough NHL experience not to get outcoached. (* crossing fingers *)

Old
01-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Drunk World Order

Loved the game tonight and if we put fourth such an effort we will win many more. They were hitting everything that moved and really capitalized on a team playing two game in a row. Therrien coached a good smart game and exercised his line up really well. Our depth is looking very good as well. Diaz is looking really good as well!!! GOOD JOB BOYS!

Old
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Teamwork

Pacioretty is looking awkward out there, not sure what it its..
I hope he finds his timing back

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
How about;

Moen - White - Prust

What do you mean "lol"? I'd totally run those lines for the rest of the tryout for those young guys. Play DD-Eller-Cole "tougher" minutes, even, and let the young guys loose on the semi-regular. Nothing wrong with that 4th line to back all that up, either. I wouldn't like Bourque so high in the depth chart, but he's the least of my worries if he plays more or less like he did tonight.

But, hey, I'd go wild:

Eller - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - DD - Cole
MaxPac - Gally - Gally 2
Bourque - White - Moen/Armstrong (swap wings if you like)

Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
The Cole-DD-Patchoretty line had 3 points tonight, and people want to send them in India, Habs fans will never be happy! Plekanec line had 2 points, Galchenyuk line had 3 points.
I suggest you to watch the games on the ice instead of the boxscore.

You think these numbers of points are a good indications with their performances on the ice?

If you say yes, well, that explains a lot.

Old
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Out of context but 6-1 SJ after 1 period vs Edm lol

Gomez winning aura
The G-Love black hole will suck everything that's good in this team.

They're gonna choke in the series anyways - with or without Gomez.

Closed Thread