HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Is Galchenyuk staying with Gionta yet or is he still bunking up with Gallagher in the hotel?
Still at the hotel.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Therrien was waiting in the hallway to fistpump all the players after the game. Price gave him the puck after the game. (Therrien gave it to Bergevin) Plus, the pic with G-Squared was priceless. He's playing the players' coach game. It suits him well. Like you said, let's hope Gallant, Jodoin and Daigneault can bring the technical side. (The D-men's solid performance tonight looks like a good indicator of coaching adjustments.) Then again, Therrien has enough NHL experience not to get outcoached. (* crossing fingers *)
I don't think Therrien will ever be a tactical genius but if he can continue to tone down the intensity enough to walk the line between "passion" and "angry shouter who his team will tone out in a year", and keep an open mind to coaching adjustments discussed with Jodoin and Daigenault (Supposedly Gallant is an awful tactician too), he could grow.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm happy to eat crow about how well they played. Of course time will only tell if it sustains but Gallagher looked much more NHL ready than I expected him to and I'm once again impressed at how Prust plays hockey. I assumed he was on the same level as Moen (who was one of my favourite grinders over the past few seasons), but he might be even better.

Galchenyuk was mostly invisible besides his goal, but you can't teach that sense and determination.
Good on ya. I was just giving you a friendly ribbing there. I was excited to see them but I didn't expect it to go this well to be honest.

Absolutely agreed about Prust. He's a different beast than Moen altogether if you ask me. It's only been two games and I'm thinking he's going to be a really important player on this team for a lot of reasons. He brings a lot of respect out there and actually makes the other team think twice.

A kid like Gallagher in my opinion is a can't miss. I don't really remember seeing a kid that involved and driving the net and going to dirty areas like that in his first game with the Habs. He doesn't have any quit in him whatsoever. Smart little player and blazing fast.

And Galchenyuk did good things other than that goal in my opinion. He got back defensively really well a few times and provided puck support to the D at his own blue-line once or twice too. And just before he scored that goal he took a pretty good punishment in front of the net there and didn't seem phased at all by it.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No way. Prust with the kids looked great. Prust is more than a grinder/fighter. He can actually play good hockey.
Agreed and in case something happens on the ice, Prust needs to be out there with the kids

Old
01-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I still don't like letting Pyatt go. He's got like 13-goals in his last 77-games.

Lapierre - Moore - Pyatt was such an awesome line.
It was a good, well balanced line but in his role, in the context of this team, I much prefer White. Heck... I prefer Gallagher and Dumont over Pyatt too!

Old
Stive Morgan
Emelin is so slow.

vCash: 50
Really impressed with Diaz so far. I think that time back in Switzerland during the lockout did him a lot of good.

Old
Et le But

Markov was asked if he remembers his last two goal game: "I guess in my dreams"

Old
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Its early, but it looks like Markov still has that vision and playmaking ability. He hasn't lost an ounce of that. What he may have lost is some agility and foot speed, but I'll wait to see more games before I say for sure.

This was the biggest positive I took out of this game.
Of course, i'm strictly talking about his vision here. How is the rest of his game remained to be seen but after tonight, there is hope that the Montreal Canadiens got back his general on the blueline. We'll see i guess.

Either way, with such vision, even a physically diminush Markov can offer great minutes on the ice for the Habs

Old
01-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

what exactly does 'Pas l'temps de niaiser' mean in english? No time for fooling around? lol I don't know

Old
01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalock View Post
Really impressed with Diaz so far. I think that time back in Switzerland during the lockout did him a lot of good.
Reminds me of Streit, kid just shuts up and plays. Better and better from him, hopefully it continues

Old
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
If there is one silver lining with subban out, it is that we will see how diaz will fare on the #1 PP unit with Markov. I mean, he's not prolific 5 on 5, and I doubt he will ever be (not that he's terrible either), but its on the PP where we will find his true worth, and he won't get any better chances to prove himself than now.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Diaz was awesome. Especially on the Powerplay.

One other player that deserves mention tonight was Bourque. That drive to the net in the first that eventually led to Markov's goal on the 5 on 3 was the result of second effort and driving the net.

If this is MT hockey I have to say I like it. Don't reinvent the wheel, get to the net type of game.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't think Therrien will ever be a tactical genius but if he can continue to tone down the intensity enough to walk the line between "passion" and "angry shouter who his team will tone out in a year", and keep an open mind to coaching adjustments discussed with Jodoin and Daigenault (Supposedly Gallant is an awful tactician too), he could grow.
Yeah, I think that Gallant is the 'bad cop' to Therrien's 'good cop'. (I remember hearing about Gallant not getting the most out of his well-stacked junior teams in the past.) We know that Jodoin's the technical one, and I believe that JJ can instill a sound D-system. It's way too early to judge, but I have the feeling that this 'balanced committe' just might work.' We've has too much of one and not enough of the other over the last few years (Martin-Pearn, the Randys, Muller)

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Funny part is that if Therrien would have played Eller at center with Prust and Gallagher as his wingers, some would have said that, again, Therrien isn't doing a proper job with him 'cause he doesn't give him the best wingers of the team. Somehow, this Galchenyuk rookie made the best of it with the same 2 guys on his line.

Again, I want Eller to play and I want him to get his confidence again. But people come on...on which reality are you living in? Since when would you take a guy who hasn't really been lights out and just put him right away with the 2 best wingers of the team and demote one of the guy who was right with them the year before? The idea is to have Eller play on his own line, see how he creates stuff with his linemates, as inept they could be, and reward Eller with some time on the PP once in a while to get his confidence going. You then add some time on the PK as well so he ends up playing quite a while. But you don't destroy everything to make room for it. He needs to build it at a regular pace. Now, if we stay with the same lineup, we will lose soon so he will be back. We played an incredibly tired weak team today. Let's not be like some Maple Leafs fans who thought their team was all that and think we are all that ourselves. We're not. But it's better a win than nothing. We're playing in Washington next game...it won't be easy.

At one point, I believe that the odd man out will end up being Armstrong, White and Nokie. Also believe that we're not set on both Gallys. So there is a way to see Eller soon. But Therrien will do need to be imaginative.

Old
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
what exactly does 'Pas l'temps de niaiser' mean in english? No time for fooling around? lol I don't know
Cut the crap. No time for fooling around. A great quote by Therrien!

Old
Maxpac

Quote:
Kaberle has better vision on the ice but Diaz is able to compensate that by taking A LOT more space on the ice. He doesn't mind spending energy to cover Markov's pitches to the net, and that is one heck of an asset.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:21 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Still at the hotel.
Maybe they've become pretty good friends? Might explain the chemistry already.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:21 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd sit DD next game, put Pleks on the #1 line and Eller on the #2. DD has been poor. Gally deserves the #3 spot next game after tonight.
Idiotic comment of the day.

You've seen that play on the powerplay?!?!?!

Old
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
1UP

I'll simply mention that had this team showed up against Toronto, we would have crushed them.

What a difference. And something we've seen only seldomly the last few years - 60 minutes effort.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
Pacioretty is looking awkward out there, not sure what it its..
I hope he finds his timing back
Opposition teams know what the trio did last year and will pay more attention to them and give them less time and space. I suggested Eller centering for this very reason.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:24 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I suggest you to watch the games on the ice instead of the boxscore.

You think these numbers of points are a good indications with their performances on the ice?

If you say yes, well, that explains a lot.
No, but if they score, and don't get scored against while playing bad.. that's still a positive, I think.

Basically, this line scored 3 points to start the year playing horribly. When they get going, they'll be posting more points.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Cut the crap. No time for fooling around. A great quote by Therrien!
Who made it famous first, Therrien, or the d-bag from the Youtube video?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:26 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
This picture kinda makes me teary eyed.. WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THEM FEELS1111

People can complain about Therrien, but Martin would have just pretended like nothing happened and benched the two after, like he did Leblanc.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 266
LOL, NHL.com is showing Yakupov's goal as "Must see" while Chucky's goal isn't even mentioned.

Good job NHL!

Old
01-22-2013, 11:29 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

DD is so damn small, he was manhandled all game. Sad to see that.

Closed Thread