HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins Fans Fantasy League - Game on!

Old
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
aSockalypse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
Jamie Benn went in the 13th round in my league. Looking back, I screwed up, because I had he and Hiller in my que, but I felt like I needed another good goalie incase Backstrom doesn't pan out. I was hoping he'd be there for my next pick, but someone snagged him

Going to try and make a trade for him. With Roy and Jagr, he's going to have a monster season, me thinks.
Benn went in the 13th? Huh? Crazy. I've even seen him projected to finish top 5 a couple places, don't know if that happens but he's definitely going to have a great year.

Also, Ogre what is your team name in our league? I need a goalie.

aSockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:17 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly34 View Post
wanted to ask you guys since is dont know where else, would you guys trade Kessel for Neal and Baertschi in a Point Only league?
I figure, barring injury, Kessel outscores Neal by a few points, say 41 to 37 sort of thing.

Beartschi might put up anywhere from 15-30, I'd say high 20's, so I guess it depends how deep your pool is and who's left on waivers and such.

Since we're just discussing fantasy, just trade Thornton and Phaneuf for Rask and Skinner. Not big on Skinner having a great year but I was weak in the net and stacked up front so getting Rask was huge.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSockalypse View Post
Benn went in the 13th? Huh? Crazy. I've even seen him projected to finish top 5 a couple places, don't know if that happens but he's definitely going to have a great year.

Also, Ogre what is your team name in our league? I need a goalie.
Staalin

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Question - I've already put in the claim, but I have two days to cancel.

I currently have Schneider, Backstrom, and Hiller in net. I saw that Chris Stewart was available and decided to drop Hiller to add Stewart.

Big factors in this decision are: Schneider and Backstrom should both be good in net. Backstrom had a down year, but he's still an excellent goalie in a contract year, with a few star pieces added to the team. Then, I think it's fair to assume the Blues will be a much better team than the Ducks. I also think Stewart is going to have a rebound year. He's been a monster his entire career, except last season.

My concern is, however, that with this condensed schedule, it might be wise to carry three goalies.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:06 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Question, shouldn't we have points by now? I checked my team this morning and all of the stats are gone from Saturday and there aren't any points. Am I missing something?

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Question - I've already put in the claim, but I have two days to cancel.

I currently have Schneider, Backstrom, and Hiller in net. I saw that Chris Stewart was available and decided to drop Hiller to add Stewart.

Big factors in this decision are: Schneider and Backstrom should both be good in net. Backstrom had a down year, but he's still an excellent goalie in a contract year, with a few star pieces added to the team. Then, I think it's fair to assume the Blues will be a much better team than the Ducks. I also think Stewart is going to have a rebound year. He's been a monster his entire career, except last season.

My concern is, however, that with this condensed schedule, it might be wise to carry three goalies.
I would keep three goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
Question, shouldn't we have points by now? I checked my team this morning and all of the stats are gone from Saturday and there aren't any points. Am I missing something?
We did last night. No clue where they went this morning. Its every yahoo league I think though, not just ours.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Okay guys... I need to ask this here because I don't want the people in my league to realize I'm a noob lol.

I saw this...

Maximum Games
What's This
Pos Played Remaining Projected Max
C 2 94 168 (+72) 96
LW 1 95 167 (+71) 96
RW 2 94 168 (+72) 96
D 3 189 335 (+143) 192
G 2 94 168 (+72) 96

And I think I get it... It's saying, between my centers, I can only have 94 total games played, right? Meaning, in a 48 game schedule, I actually need 96 games to leave my centers in for every game... so I should sit one so Geno can get the majority of games, yea?

Also, I have Oshie. He's considered C and RW. If I play him at RW, does that count as a game against my center?

I feel like this is an easy and obvious answer, but I need to run it past you guys.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Okay guys... I need to ask this here because I don't want the people in my league to realize I'm a noob lol.

I saw this...

Maximum Games
What's This
C 2 94 168 (+72) 96
LW 1 95 167 (+71) 96
RW 2 94 168 (+72) 96
D 3 189 335 (+143) 192
G 2 94 168 (+72) 96

And I think I get it... It's saying, between my centers, I can only have 94 total games played, right? Meaning, in a 48 game schedule, I actually need 96 games to leave my centers in for every game... so I should sit one so Geno can get the majority of games, yea?

Also, I have Oshie. He's considered C and RW. If I play him at RW, does that count as a game against my center?

I feel like this is an easy and obvious answer, but I need to run it past you guys.
You have already used 2 center games, so you can only use 94 more correct. If you have 3 centers, you don't want to play the third best one unless the better two have missed games that need made up. In a perfectly healthy season, your bench players will never leave the bench in a league with a limit on max games played.

Now, if two guys are really close you might want to shuffle them based on matchups. Geno should get 48 of those games assuming he is healthy for 48 games though. This isn't quite the same for goalies because no goalie plays every game.

The numbers in parenthesis are all super high pluses for the estimated games played because Yahoo hasn't fixed that with the lockout. Same as the projected. Ignore those for now since the projections are broken.

If you play Oshie as a RW, it counts as RW. If you play him as C, it counts as C.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Ah okay, the projections was what was messing with me. Thanks dude, you're the man

Old
01-22-2013, 10:14 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Question, how are the points totaled in this league? I noticed I got a negative yesterday. Leagues I've been in the past were all positives (you get points for basically every stat). Do we loose points for not getting a "quota" of a certain stat? Or if GAA is too high? Kind of confused here. If you can't explain, maybe a link? Thanks.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Big McLargehuge
No Hope

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
Question, how are the points totaled in this league? I noticed I got a negative yesterday. Leagues I've been in the past were all positives (you get points for basically every stat). Do we loose points for not getting a "quota" of a certain stat? Or if GAA is too high? Kind of confused here. If you can't explain, maybe a link? Thanks.
+ points are spots moved up in a day and - points are spots moved down. Each stat gets their points from your overall standing amongst that stat (1st place in Goals is worth 14 points while 14th place is worth 1 point, 4th place in PIMs is worth 11 points while 11th is worth 4, etc.). Expect a lot of major rises and falls for the early days of the season.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

I explained how roto scoring works either earlier in this thread or on the board for the league itself in pretty good detail I think.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Vlad will break you. I hereby declare this a keeper league. 5F, 1D, 0G

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

got it. I kept thinking it was a daily basis and was still confused. Thanks for the info.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Rotisserie is a little weird. Still trying to wrap my brain around it / get used to it.

At first I thought it only makes sense to play a BN player in a spot if someone's hurt. But then if that someone is not hurt yet playing ******... seems to me if you have 42 games for that spot or whatever, you're better off using 5 or 10 of those games with a BN player until the other player stops playing like crap. Or you could even do it for a week if one player had a much easier schedule than another player. Is that how you guys approach it?

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote