HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
I know its early in the year but Kaberle has showed me nothing at all. At this point IMO when Subban comes back Kabs should be our 7th dman if Diaz continues to be great and Frankie stays solid. And I see why Kaberle never shoots cause its so horrible that someone could stop it with their balls and it wouldn't even hurt.

Bourque looked solid tonight and is using his speed and size to his advantage. Him and Pleks look good lets hope they can be consistent.

Paches and Cole looked way better than the Toronto game but still they aren't close to their potential. DD is still good on the PP but other than that hes always on his ass. He's battling though and playing a decent 2 way game.

Loved the move by MT to have Prust with the Gally's. As soon as I heard about it this morning I've been buzzing inside in excitement to see how the kids would do with Prust. gave them room and slack out there and it paid off.

And of course Price was Price.

Last edited by Jmac1160*: 01-22-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

MT's pocket square tonight was

Looks like he had no idea how to fold it

Old
01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

They're gonna choke in the series anyways - with or without Gomez.
Yeah but the Gomer will make sure they can laugh about it aftwards.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Gallagher impressed me. Despite his small frame, he didn't seem all that scared to jump right in front of the keeper at every chance and annoy the opponents. Kudos to Ferraro he called it today on TSN 690.
I'm sure having Prust next to him made him feel a little better.

One thing I didn't like. MaxPac on the wing by the ashmark on the PP, nor did I like that we always went to this trio first, even when leading 4-1. Plekanec played just over a minute and a half there. I don't agree with this at all.
I will also never stop thinking that having two PFs that aren't great passers or even one timers on the 1st unit together is ********.
I was happy for Galchenyuk and Gallagher getting some PP time, you need to give young talented forwards who play on a 3rd line some offensive opportunities on the PP. It helps them develop their offensive skills. Unfortunately, they never understood that Eller would likely benefit from this as well.

For Markov, God I missed him. I really hope he can stay healthy. Such a great player.

All in all, pretty good game, but Panthers played with 5 Dmen, were tired and are missing key players. Often times in the past, we let games like that slide, so it's good we didn't.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:35 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Was there:

Galchenyuk was perfect.

Prust was worth 2.5 tonight

Old Markov is back (for tonight)

Diaz was good (weber is probably gone)

Gallagher was really good to. Lot of hit etc.

Price was Price.

Georges (hit was not cheap at all), Emelin were solid.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Funny part is that if Therrien would have played Eller at center with Prust and Gallagher as his wingers, some would have said that, again, Therrien isn't doing a proper job with him 'cause he doesn't give him the best wingers of the team. Somehow, this Galchenyuk rookie made the best of it with the same 2 guys on his line.
I love Gally, but I thought he was practically invisible all game until his goal, where he took a check and then went in front of the net. But you remember when they scored? The PP had just finished a few seconds ago, but essentially, they were on the PP. How often did Eller get that chance??
The talent is undeniable, and he will be a great player, I'm sure of it. However I didn't find he was that great. Didn't make any mistakes, didn't create much either.
I was impressed by Gallagher though. I think him and Prust are the ones that drove this line, not Galchenyuk.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Brandon Prust is our new Chris Nilan. Not the biggest guy outhere, but awesome fighter (they even have the same fighting style), can play a very good 2-way game and good presence in the lockeroom.

I love him.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Couldn't believe the team I was watching. Incredible. It's been a long time since I've seen the habs like that. Loved every minute of it. I know it's just one game, but god damn it I'm going to be excited

Old
01-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Who made it famous first, Therrien, or the d-bag from the Youtube video?
lol

How can I forget the Tequila/Heineken guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
DD is so damn small, he was manhandled all game. Sad to see that.
True dat... especially during his 1 vs 1 battle against 6’3” Smithson!

Ref.:

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-22-2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: + YT link
Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Brandon Prust is our new Chris Nilan. Not the biggest guy outhere, but awesome fighter (they even have the same fighting style), can play a very good 2-way game and good presence in the lockeroom.

I love him.
He's growing on me as quickly as Wisniewski did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
lol

How can I forget the Tequila/Heineken guy!
Well in fairness, the Tequila/Heineken guy probably forgets the Tequila/Heineken guy, so...

Old
01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Maybe they've become pretty good friends? Might explain the chemistry already.
They have become close, both have said it to the media.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Why isnt Canadiens Express playing!?!?!?

Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
coolasprICE

I was there loved what I saw but lets not forget...panthers off to slow start

Old
01-22-2013, 10:59 PM
ChoseLa

The good part is that this team still have Eller and Subban not playing. We could actualy have depth if Gallagher and Galchenyuk keep on playing good and stay with the team.

Though playing an average opponent with 3 games in 4 nights is not indicative of this team potential.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Saundies

After last year, this picture really says it all, and puts a grin on my face.

Great game all around... night and day from Saturday.

Old
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Ryan white has 29 pims per my app in 2 games not bad

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Ok, they outplayed a team that had played 3 games in 3 cities in 4 nights. Good first step. Need confirmation on Thursday that this might be something real.

Old
Miller Time

reading the comments, it's amazing how much push back was out there the last few years in questioning the emotional impact of Martin's approach to running his team.

Therrien has a lot to prove, and certainly has his weaknesses (which I'm sure will be on full display in no time), but he does seem to have a better feeling for the emotional/psychological side of things.

I don't like that eller is out, but if you are going to put your prized rookies in the lineup, better having them on a 3rd line, and with the toughest SOB you have on the roster, and give them some opportunities in easier/appropriate roles (i.e PP or just after PP's), than to have them sit on a barely used 4th line and put out there randomly only to rest the other 3 lines...

Martin knew exactly how to kill confidence in young players (or, more fairly, didn't view his role/responsibility in building up confidence in young players), whereas Therrien seems to "get" that part of the game a bit better...

at least in this very small sample of his approach to managing the roster.

interested to see how this plays out once the 5-game trial period is done.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:07 PM
CN_paladin

I was in the blues where people were awesome and stayed after the game to cheer for Galchenyuk star selection!

Old
01-22-2013, 11:21 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
LOL, NHL.com is showing Yakupov's goal as "Must see" while Chucky's goal isn't even mentioned.

Good job NHL!
I kinda like that. Less pressure.

With hype comes pressure to live up to that hype. I will be content to see Galchenyuk just quietly play good hockey and chip in a few goals than to be under the microscope like Yakupov.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Need confirmation on Thursday that this might be something real.
Pretty much this.

Washington has simply owned us in the last 7 meetings, often with shutouts. They are 0-2 and in desperate need for a win after 2 subpar losses against non-playoff teams from a year ago. That game is going to tell us a lot about who are the real Habs are.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Ryan white has 29 pims per my app in 2 games not bad
Haha Im glad he's been in the line up. With him around people think twice about playin dirty (Fleischmann for example wont be boarding Gorges again)

Old
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Ok, they outplayed a team that had played 3 games in 3 cities in 4 nights. Good first step. Need confirmation on Thursday that this might be something real.
I read somewhere on this forum that we've got the easiest schedule in the league this year. Not sure if that's true but if it is, it helps.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Pretty much this.

Washington has simply owned us in the last 7 meetings, often with shutouts. They are 0-2 and in desperate need for a win after 2 subpar losses against non-playoff teams from a year ago. That game is going to tell us a lot about who are the real Habs are.
Yes it will. But I wouldn't give up on the hopes of making the playoffs if we lose it. The important thing will be for us to play a solid game and force the issue. PP produced last night and this will have to be the story of the year if we want to have any chance of making the playoffs.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gallagher impressed me. Despite his small frame, he didn't seem all that scared to jump right in front of the keeper at every chance and annoy the opponents. Kudos to Ferraro he called it today on TSN 690.
I'm sure having Prust next to him made him feel a little better.

One thing I didn't like. MaxPac on the wing by the ashmark on the PP, nor did I like that we always went to this trio first, even when leading 4-1. Plekanec played just over a minute and a half there. I don't agree with this at all.
I will also never stop thinking that having two PFs that aren't great passers or even one timers on the 1st unit together is ********.
I was happy for Galchenyuk and Gallagher getting some PP time, you need to give young talented forwards who play on a 3rd line some offensive opportunities on the PP. It helps them develop their offensive skills. Unfortunately, they never understood that Eller would likely benefit from this as well.

For Markov, God I missed him. I really hope he can stay healthy. Such a great player.

All in all, pretty good game, but Panthers played with 5 Dmen, were tired and are missing key players. Often times in the past, we let games like that slide, so it's good we didn't.
I agree about having 2 PFs on the same PP unit but I thought Pacioretty was passing the puck really good out there and is generally a good passer. The PP's working now but if it doesn't I think we should separate the two.

Closed Thread