HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
That's fair what about something like

Giordano + Cammalleri + Stempniak

For

MacDonald + Nino + Nelson
Isles are in a youth movement. I don't see them trading two of their top 4 prospects for 29/30 yr olds.

30 yr old Cammalleri makes too much at $6m and is a ufa in 1 and 1/2 yrs.
29 yr old Stempniak is a ufa in 1 and 1/2 yrs.

Only Giordano brings interest and I doubt the isles, want to flip either Nino or Nelson for the 29 yr old.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
That's fair what about something like

Giordano + Cammalleri + Stempniak

For

MacDonald + Nino + Nelson
This actually isn't bad at all. The value is certainly there. This trade would also make the Isles a LOT more competitive, and at this point of the rebuilt with the prospect pool bulging, these are the trades the Isles need to be looking to made. My only apprehension is parting with two of our top and most NHL ready prospects in one swoop, but otherwise this a good proposal.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
This actually isn't bad at all. The value is certainly there. This trade would also make the Isles a LOT more competitive, and at this point of the rebuilt with the prospect pool bulging, these are the trades the Isles need to be looking to made. My only apprehension is parting with two of our top and most NHL ready prospects in one swoop, but otherwise this a good proposal.
You are kidding, right? The Islanders get murdered in that deal.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles are in a youth movement. I don't see them trading two of their top 4 prospects for 29/30 yr olds.

30 yr old Cammalleri makes too much at $6m and is a ufa in 1 and 1/2 yrs.
29 yr old Stempniak is a ufa in 1 and 1/2 yrs.

Only Giordano brings interest and I doubt the isles, want to flip either Nino or Nelson for the 29 yr old.
I switched it to Smith and took out Nelson is that any better?

Or if we switch it from Nelson to Nielson?

Old
01-22-2013, 10:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I switched it to Smith and took out Nelson is that any better?
Not really.

30 yr old Cammalleri still makes $6m per, which is too steep for the NYI. He's still a ufa in 1 and 1/2 yrs.
29 yr old Stempniak is still a ufa in 1 and 1/2 yrs.

No real interest in Smith. The player with the highest, longterm upside is 20 yr old Nino.
Also, MacDonald plays quality top 4 mins, at only $500,000 per. I don't see the isles wanting to dump him and Nino for short term pickups.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
StrongIslanders90

I love how much people around here discount the value of Frans Neilsen...

Old
01-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger25 View Post
Tyutin +
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA not a snowball's chance in hell. Go ask Pittsburgh for Orpik. Or maybe ask Vancouver for Edler. Then tell them to add.

He's an integral part of the top pairing*. Asking for him is like, say, us trying to work out a deal for Matt Moulson for a draft pick or something equally absurd.

*: yes, yes, Jack Johnson blah blah blah. Tyutin-Nikitin is the top pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
No interest in Umberger + Savard for Nino + a pick?
Umberger's value is at an all-time low right now and there's no cap coming back. Of course there's no interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Not an off year, just dumped into the bigs before he was ready, and put out there with garbage for linemates.

I think I was the one who threw Murray's name out, but not as a serious suggestion, but what we would want from the Jackets. I also said I wouldn't do it if I was Columbus, but that it is what would be asked for regardless.
Obviously that's what would be asked for. The whole point I was making in my post was whether or not there was any discussion to be had NOT involving his name. Invoking it anyways is kind of... petty.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I only saw one nhl game from Nino and none at the AHL level. Has he played mostly RW or LW?

Old
01-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I love how much people around here discount the value of Frans Neilsen...
I love how much people around here over value Nino .

Old
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
You are kidding, right? The Islanders get murdered in that deal.
Well, I did said I was apprehensive in trading away both of Nino and Nelson. Swap one of them with someone like else I suppose. Yeah, they are older players on two-year contracts, but the Islanders are just dying for a trade to get some quality veteran players. We can't sign quality vets (other than Streit), so we're forced to sign vets like Reasoner and Boyes. Garbage that we knew was garbage when we were signing them, and it's garbage that hold the whole team back. What can a rookie learn from them? Nothing.

Maybe the contracts are not exactly ideal, but IMO this is the direction the Islanders need to be pushing towards. It'd also sent a message that we aren't some bargain-basement team cruising for a lottery pick anymore...and thus have a hell of an easier time signing UFAs. It'd give other teams more respect for the Islanders, and it'd be a huge confidence boost for a young team who has thus far had to go it alone again and again and again...

Old
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Islanders ruined this kids development, don't blame him for wanting a trade. hopefully his career isn't destroyed and a change of scenery will work

Old
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Sorry, but that's a brutal proposal: 1 and 1/2 yrs of a declining, overpaid Cammy + 1 and 1/2 yrs of Stempniak for two of the isles top 4 prospects.

When did the isles make that deep playoff run, showing they are thisclose to winning the SC? Cause that's when you make trades, like the one proposed.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Islanders ruined this kids development, don't blame him for wanting a trade. hopefully his career isn't destroyed and a change of scenery will work

Funny that Nino and his agent, didn't feel Nino's development was ruined until the isles wanted him to spend all season in the AHL.

I guess 19 goals, 17 assists in 39 games, along with being named an all-star is ruined now?

Old
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Funny that Nino and his agent, didn't feel Nino's development was ruined until the isles wanted him to spend all season in the AHL.

I guess 19 goals, 17 assists in 39 games, along with being named an all-star is ruined now?
And you're explanation/justification for his handling last year?

if he's that good, shouldn't that justify him getting a chance to be on the Isles now?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:00 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

if he's that good, shouldn't that justify him getting a chance to be on the Isles now?
I am not gonna try to make excuses, for his handling last season.

I pointed out that neither Nino or his agent, were saying Nino's being ruined or Nino wants out, until the isles said they wanted Nino to spend all season in Bridgeport.

If Nino were playing on LI instead of in Bridgeport, we aren't reading about his hissy fit.

Brock Nelson/Matt Donovan are having impressive 2012-2013 seasons in Bridgeport too. Neither has demanded an nhl roster spot or to be traded.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:03 PM
belair

Quote:
Why do the Isles add? Peckham doesn't bring much more than Martinek/Carkner/etc, and the Islanders have a glut of D-men in the prospect pool. Don't need another depth d-man. As for Paajarvi...just not interested. He couldn't stay in the line up in the 29th place Oilers last season, isn't putting up the stats in the AHL one would expect of a player of his pedigree which is disconcerting. Furthermore, considering how often I see Paajarvi (and Gagner for that matter) thrown into Oilers trade proposals, I've got to think they are just the scraps of the Oilers. This trade doesn't address any Islanders needs...at all.
They add for two reasons.

Firstly, if it's a depth player, it's because I'm not sure where the Isles 50 man roster stands after adding a new player every day via waivers.

Secondly, and more importantly, there is no guarantee that Nino is going to be any better than Magnus Paajarvi at this point in time. Besides being a year younger and being drafted 5 spots earlier, Nino's game obviously hasn't translated as well as Paajarvi's at the NHL level. So their value's pretty much par at this point IMO.

Like I said, I'd never expect them to move a highly touted prospect like him. And the fact that they denied him a trade is a good decision on their part.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:

Maybe he's not good enough for the NHL but was too good for the WHL and too young for the AHL?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Gah! If you don't like the offers, fine. But you don't want and "old" guy and you don't want a first-round pick, both in addition to a young defenseman with serious scoring potenial.

FYI -- I don't think Nino is going to get traded, and I wouldn't trade him if it was my decision to make. I'd love for the CBJ to get him, though, if it came to it, and I think between Savard and Erixon and the first-round picks, a good offer could be made.
I dunno, it seems a number of people in this thread grasped what the Islanders would be looking for. A prospect/young player of comparable value. If a pick or something smallish is necessary to even out the value, that's fine, but the Islanders would be looking for the bulk of the value to be from one prospect/young player, I doubt we'd be looking to move him for a quantity type offer. Neither the late first rounder or Savard would be of comparable value to Nino, so that would make it the quantity type offer we'd be looking to avoid. It's not that the value wouldn't be fair, but I agree with Crew that it's not what management would be looking for.

However, despite what Crew says above, if CBJ put their own 1st rounder on the table, I'm sure Garth would listen.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Remember2004

Blowmeester straight up? Or would we have to add two 1st? I think we do in order to make it happen...

Old
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Yossarian54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Maybe he's not good enough for the NHL but was too good for the WHL and too young for the AHL?
Fair point. What would be interesting is to see how Emerson Etem and Sven Baerschi are handled this year. Similar level of domination in the WHL, Etem spent the extra year there, Baerschi is not, but might get a bit more of an offensive role.

However it's a bit of a failure on their part given that a prospect heralded for his offensive skills spent the VAST majority of his ice-time with 4th liners. (http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...gametype=ALL#A)

That, combined with the salary cap bonuses wrange, is his beef IMO. Not sure if i'd ask for a trade in that position personally, but I understand why.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Deen

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Blowmeester straight up? Or would we have to add two 1st? I think we do in order to make it happen...
Are you trying to say you would trade 2 1st round picks and Bouwmeester for Nino?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I dunno, it seems a number of people in this thread grasped what the Islanders would be looking for. A prospect/young player of comparable value. If a pick or something smallish is necessary to even out the value, that's fine, but the Islanders would be looking for the bulk of the value to be from one prospect/young player, I doubt we'd be looking to move him for a quantity type offer. Neither the late first rounder or Savard would be of comparable value to Nino, so that would make it the quantity type offer we'd be looking to avoid. It's not that the value wouldn't be fair, but I agree with Crew that it's not what management would be looking for.

However, despite what Crew says above, if CBJ put their own 1st rounder on the table, I'm sure Garth would listen.
What prospects of equal worth to Niederreiter do you know of that are struggling?

Because unless they are having a problem, a GM won't have any reason to trade a guy he knows for a guy he doesn't. It's an unnecessary risk.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:09 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Ritchie + Klingberg + 3rd?

Old
01-23-2013, 12:23 AM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
I love how much people around here over value Nino .
how do you think gabriel landeskog would've done if he was given 4th line minutes after missing the first month and a half of last season because of injury? i can guarantee you, not much better

Old
01-23-2013, 12:29 AM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
how do you think gabriel landeskog would've done if he was given 4th line minutes after missing the first month and a half of last season because of injury? i can guarantee you, not much better
lol.

Closed Thread