Around the League Games

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Pi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
I am no fan of Phil Kessel, but seriously Patrick Kaleta, could you be more of a ********ing *****? I mean really? What a punk ***** move. Brown or Orr is going to feed him for that, I'd wager all my vCash on it.
He won't fight Orr or Brown, he just ran right away from Brown...

I don't care if we don't win, I hope someone jumps Kaleta. Kessel definitely didn't do that on purpose and Miller was out of his net anyway.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
He won't fight Orr or Brown, he just ran right away from Brown...

I don't care if we don't win, I hope someone jumps Kaleta. Kessel definitely didn't do that on purpose and Miller was out of his net anyway.
I know he won't stand up and fight them, I just meant one of them would jump him and beat the piss out of him. That's kind of what I was hoping for.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

Old
01-21-2013, 08:54 PM
slasher911

Dion Phaneuf is a pitiful captain. Your team is getting smoked, they have zero energy, and you're going to let a piece of s*** like Ott face-wash you? Grow some balls.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Fun fact during the Detroit game Vinny Prospal goes to the ducks leaving the Lightning they win the cup that year, leaves ANA and they win the cup that year what luck??

Old
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Johnnyduke

Is anyone else hearing a constant banging of the post in this Detroit game? Is it Bobrovsky with his stick?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:19 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
I know he won't stand up and fight them, I just meant one of them would jump him and beat the piss out of him. That's kind of what I was hoping for.
kaleta is a complete embarrassment. watching lucic tune his face inside out last year was delicious. seems like the addition of scott will only lead kaleta to believe he can run around even more (that's saying something) without fear of retribution. with a little luck, he'll receive the beating of a lifetime shortly and we'll all be able to watch it.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Sanman19

Send a message via AIM to Sanman19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
Is anyone else hearing a constant banging of the post in this Detroit game? Is it Bobrovsky with his stick?
Yea. I heard it too. Assumed it was Bob banging his stick.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Alan Ryan

Sharks 6 Oilers 1 at the end of the first period.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

ryan white should be the first shanahan skype of the season. his ****fit on fleischmann was absolutely unacceptable.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Sharks 6 Oilers 1 at the end of the first period.
yeah and no fights or skirmishes, great team the Oilers have there

Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman19 View Post
Yea. I heard it too. Assumed it was Bob banging his stick.
That's what she said

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
yeah and no fights or skirmishes, great team the Oilers have there
One guy who should watch the Oilers; then get down on his knees and thank; God, Brian Burke, Phil Kessel, and Peter Chiarelli - isTyler Seguin.

We used to debate who got the better pick. No one debates which pick got the better team.

At some point they could be a powerhouse, but they have a ton of work to do. Right now they seem completely hopeless.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Lobster57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
One guy who should watch the Oilers; then get down on his knees and thank; God, Brian Burke, Phil Kessel, and Peter Chiarelli - isTyler Seguin.

We used to debate who got the better pick. No one debates which pick got the better team.

At some point they could be a powerhouse, but they have a ton of work to do. Right now they seem completely hopeless.
They need some blueline help and some physicality up front for sure. Justin Shultz looks legit, but they need a 25-30 minute shut-down bruiser in a bad way

Old
01-22-2013, 11:05 PM
thepootamis

Kings 0-2 to start the year. 0-6 on the powerplay against Colorado just wow

Old
01-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
ryan white should be the first shanahan skype of the season. his ****fit on fleischmann was absolutely unacceptable.
And yet if a Bruins player did that to stand up for a teammate who got boarded you'd be praising them for spirit and togetherness. Ference jumps guys all the time whenever a teammate gets hit.

Gorges is a team guy who is well liked by the entire roster. White showed he was a guy who cared, saw the cheap shot and took issue with it, making it known stuff like that wont be tolerated any longer. The Habs appreciated it so much they worked damn hard to kill the extended 5 on 3.

Good for them all around.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
And yet if a Bruins player did that to stand up for a teammate who got boarded you'd be praising them for spirit and togetherness. Ference jumps guys all the time whenever a teammate gets hit.

Gorges is a team guy who is well liked by the entire roster. White showed he was a guy who cared, saw the cheap shot and took issue with it, making it known stuff like that wont be tolerated any longer. The Habs appreciated it so much they worked damn hard to kill the extended 5 on 3.

Montreal fans still ******** over Ference is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:45 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post

All Oilers hype is rubbish. They have a ton of high end skill, fantastic. If this was pond hockey or the KHL they would be the best team in the league.

Unfortunately for them, this is the NHL. They are MILES away from being able to compete when the going gets heavy. They have zero grit (Ben Eager is not grit), zero toughness (Ben Eager is not tough), their defense is atrocious, they have no penalty killers, they are smallish and their goaltending sucks.

I think Tambellini is a ****ing idiot. He is going to hold on to all these great young forwards with all his might. Eventually they will all be getting paid and he will never have the ammunition to improve his defense or his goaltending.

He should have traded the Nail pick to get a defenseman and another prospect with size.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Montreal fans still ******** over Ference is the gift that just keeps on giving.
Not really, just making a point. I wasn't wrong so..

Old
01-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Lobster57

Quote:
Not really, just making a point. I wasn't wrong so..
You weren't exactly right either though, Ference will come to anyone's aid, but I can't recall him jumping anyone in quite that fashion. Also, i can't recall him acting that brave with a complete cream-puff like Fleischmann. You overall point is correct, your choice of examples is ****-poor.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

LOL Hate Ryan White he is over rated as a fighter all he does is flail around

Old
01-23-2013, 03:55 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
i would? i'm pretty sure i didn't like ference overreacting on tobias enstrom's kind of up high shove on lucic and triggering the atlanta brawl. please don't assume that you know the way i think. thanks.

Quote:

yeah he showed how much he cared, by uppercutting into notorious tough guy tomas fleischmann and swinging more when fleischmann was down. what a standup guy, man.

to borrow from your insinuations, if that had been a bruin, white would have been on his way back to the bench and not gotten involved.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:32 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher911 View Post
Dion Phaneuf is a pitiful captain. Your team is getting smoked, they have zero energy, and you're going to let a piece of s*** like Ott face-wash you? Grow some balls.
never one to defend Phaneuf but his team wasn`t getting "smoked" but your right about all the rest

Old
01-23-2013, 06:36 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
All Oilers hype is rubbish. They have a ton of high end skill, fantastic. If this was pond hockey or the KHL they would be the best team in the league.

Unfortunately for them, this is the NHL. They are MILES away from being able to compete when the going gets heavy. They have zero grit (Ben Eager is not grit), zero toughness (Ben Eager is not tough), their defense is atrocious, they have no penalty killers, they are smallish and their goaltending sucks.

I think Tambellini is a ****ing idiot. He is going to hold on to all these great young forwards with all his might. Eventually they will all be getting paid and he will never have the ammunition to improve his defense or his goaltending.

He should have traded the Nail pick to get a defenseman and another prospect with size.
Coaching is the biggest issue IMO, they are thin on D but if there`s a coach out there who works well with kids, and is capable of teaching a disciplined defensive style until they can improve on the back end, it would go miles for the team.

They keep adding these top offensive picks, and now they have Shultz on the D, but this team could draft 6 great defenseman and without a coach who knows how to implement a system, it`d be useless.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:46 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i would? i'm pretty sure i didn't like ference overreacting on tobias enstrom's kind of up high shove on lucic and triggering the atlanta brawl. please don't assume that you know the way i think. thanks.

yeah he showed how much he cared, by uppercutting into notorious tough guy tomas fleischmann and swinging more when fleischmann was down. what a standup guy, man.

to borrow from your insinuations, if that had been a bruin, white would have been on his way back to the bench and not gotten involved.
So he should have gone after someone tougher even though it was Fleischman that threw the dirty hit? Is that the way the game works now? If your a non-fighter you can throw dirty hits and not be accountable? Doesn't sound very Bruin-like to me.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Fire Julien

Everyone knows Ryan White wouldn't have done anything if it was Parros hitting Georges, just like he won't do anything when Lucic creams Galchenyuk.

Closed Thread