HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time to move Mike Green? (aka the hat0r thread)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Bananas

vCash: 500
It looks like our "Young Guns" have been downgraded to "Is This Really Your Primes?"

Old
01-23-2013, 01:44 AM
PSUCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
It looks like our "Young Guns" have been downgraded to "Is This Really Your Primes?"
haha sad isn't it? To be fair Backstrom is still progressing and will return to 100 point form no doubt.

OV i'm worried about. It's like he lost his balls after the debacles of 2010 (Olympics + Halak). It will take time but he will rise from the ashes anew.

If we could fix the f'ing pp that would help everybody! That's where Ribs fits in...

Old
01-23-2013, 03:44 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
Mike Green is washed up. He was a flash in the pan that was made possible buy a street hockey system were he played as the extra wing.

I have never seen him with anything but a weak sulking look on his face.

Mike Green is a great example of vary bad resource management.

The sad part is you can that about most of the team.

I am ready to blow it up. And that has little to nothing to do with this season. It has to do with the past five season.

GMGM has to go. He is a great collector of talent that has no clue what it takes to win.

Its been 10 years since this team has had any Heart, Passion or push back.

They are all soft on the ice and in the head.
Ahh reboot city though more GMGM h3t0r3d3 and by extension Greenie (aka traded asset too late) thread. Ahh the past five seasons...wish my memory only went five. Lets take it back to '90. Honestly the whole thing bores me at my age. Naturally as Capitals fans we overvalue what we have in whatever awesome potential trade.

01-23-2013, 11:21 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

If it's any mention I believe a trade for Jordan Leopold would work if we gave up something in return.

Schultz, Chimera/Perreault, 2nd rounder?

That fills their needs as well as ours. Maybe a little more but we need another defenseman. Even in the system we have virtually no one except Kundratek who is ready to play NOW.

Let's make it happen boys. Put Leopold on the first line with Green. Alzner/Carlson 2nd pair. Orlov/Kundratek or Poti and Hamrlik over Kundratek. Just turned a crappy defense to a pretty darn good one.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:36 AM
tycoonheart

He looked really timid last night. I thought he played fairly well last season under Hunter, even in the playoffs. But the two games this season he's looked like a guy who wants to avoid contact at all cost.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
He looked really timid last night. I thought he played fairly well last season under Hunter, even in the playoffs. But the two games this season he's looked like a guy who wants to avoid contact at all cost.
Agree with this. I don't know how many times he would just reach out with his stick along the boards rather than just banging bodies.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:46 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
go back and look at adam oates interviews on systems. he has said several times that he wants his defense to avoid getting hit. so.....yea, he is being told to avoid it. conversely had had 4 hits last night highest on the team.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
tycoonheart

Oates said he wants his defensemen to avoid contact? What? That sounds like it would be more detrimental to their play than somehow helping them out. Maybe he said that around some context. I'd love to see a link with that quote.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
txpd

"The system really is based on keeping the D from taking as much contact as possible. They’re the lifeblood of the team. I really believe that,” Oates said. “They’ve got to obviously help us in our own end, but we’ve got to help forwards score. The way teams back check now and play all three zones, our D are vital to us. The system is really based on them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...m-new-coaches/

Last edited by txpd: 01-23-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Capitlols

Maybe he realizes our D are pathetically soft and can't handle the contact.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

There a difference in avoiding contact all together and not wanting your blueliners to get mashed in the face every shift (see 52) when they're retrieving a puck deep in their own end.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
"The system really is based on keeping the D from taking as much contact as possible. They’re the lifeblood of the team. I really believe that,” Oates said. “They’ve got to obviously help us in our own end, but we’ve got to help forwards score. The way teams back check now and play all three zones, our D are vital to us. The system is really based on them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...m-new-coaches/
He said the system is designed to avoid hits to the defensemen. Which means that there is something inherent in Oates' style of hockey that prevents the D from taking hits. Not the same as Mike Green turtling up when someone is being physical with him and giving the puck away.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:38 PM
CapsandOilers

I would be upset but at the same time understand. It feels like he is either past his prime or the coaching has not been what he needs. Also if we let go of Mike plenty of fangirls would freak out, and that would be fun to watch haha.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:44 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
If preventing them from taking contact is the ultimate goal, it should be considered that dispensing contact be it from our forwards or defensmen, should be equally a priority.

Its becoming a hit free league. Green may love it now.

Mario's vision is happening right in front of our faces and the game has never been so ****ing boring. Really, its not even close.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-23-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: zzz
Old
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
A very over-hyped 3rd round pick.
As opposed to your average run of the mill blue chip 3rd rounder...?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
As opposed to your average run of the mill blue chip 3rd rounder...?
Well when you hype a guy so much and he doesn't even make the NHL roster that's a bit dissappointing, eh?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Well when you hype a guy so much and he doesn't even make the NHL roster that's a bit dissappointing, eh?
If you expected Galiev to jump directly from the Q to the NHL then I don't really know what to tell you. Because of his abundant Memorial Cup experience over the last couple years he is one of the rare junior players Caps fans have had the opportunity to actually watch and he was clearly nowhere near being ready for the NHL.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
If you expected Galiev to jump directly from the Q to the NHL then I don't really know what to tell you. Because of his abundant Memorial Cup experience over the last couple years he is one of the rare junior players Caps fans have had the opportunity to actually watch and he was clearly nowhere near being ready for the NHL.
I didn't expect that, but I honestly doubt he'll ever jump to the NHL ranks.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
I didn't expect that, but I honestly doubt he'll ever jump to the NHL ranks.
Doesn't disappointment, by definition, occur when expectations are not met?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD

Old
01-23-2013, 05:26 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Doesn't disappointment, by definition, occur when expectations are not met?
Expectations are that he would probably crack an NHL roster. Another "project" that went wrong.

He is not even close to being on an NHL 4th line.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Expectations are that he would probably crack an NHL roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD
I didn't expect that

Old
01-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Okay I see your point here, you misunderstood and didn't read my entire post or the quoted.

"Do you expect him to jump directly into the NHL?"

"No, I didn't expect that. I expected him to make an NHL roster eventually and at that time I believed soon, which he's not even close of doing"

Read an entire post before replying, including the quoted or you will read it out of context. I knew someone would, but I didn't bother fixing it because it's their problem.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Clearly I misunderstood.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Clearly I misunderstood.
No problem.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I am still trying to figure out why Green jumped up to RW to open the game last night. Nick passes it to.... Green? Its not like Ovi was lagging behind the play.

He was cherry picking trying for a breakaway in our first game.

I am ok with him trying to generate offense but that just seems over the top. He or Oates are out there a little bit.

I am now thinking he like his idol, may see some time at wing before he retires. Maybe he wants to move to RW a la Ovi to get away from getting pounded like a mallard duck. He doesnt know how to take hits.

He is mentoring Carlson, for better or worse. Carlson should teach him how to protect himself.

Lesson learned, when a fat cat just gets inked, drop him on the fantasy draft rankings.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Closed Thread