HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Why so much scrutiny and hate for Kadri?

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 07:40 PM
leafspring*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Straka and Domi, interesting. Never knew that.
Tie is from birth name Tahir. Thats all i could find anyways.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Tie is from birth name Tahir. Thats all i could find anyways.

looks like nail is muslim too, it says so on wikipedia, wow, thats awesome, NHL is starting to become multicultural, I love it!!!!!!!!

meaning 3 muslim players have played in NHL
Ramzi Abid first draft-28th overall redraft-85th overall
Nazem Kadri 7th overall
Nail Yakupov 1st overall

Old
01-22-2013, 07:51 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
looks like nail is muslim too, it says so on wikipedia, wow, thats awesome, NHL is starting to become multicultural, I love it!!!!!!!!

meaning 3 muslim players have played in NHL
Ramzi Abid first draft-28th overall redraft-85th overall
Nazem Kadri 7th overall
Nail Yakupov 1st overall

Nail is 4 sure. there is more than three i listed Martin Straka there before to.Alain Nasreddine(hawks,habs,island,penguins)

Giant list of Muslim athletes here:http://sportingummah.com/athletes/25...n%20Nasreddine

Straka was drafted in 92 by the penguins. Nasreddine 93 draft.

Last edited by leafspring*: 01-22-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 07:58 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Nail is 4 sure. there is more than three i listed Martin Straka there before to.Alain Nasreddine(hawks,habs,island,penguins)

Giant list of Muslim athletes here:http://sportingummah.com/athletes/25...n%20Nasreddine

I really love this

these guys can be rolemodels for young muslims in the future in the sports field

Here is a great video of kadri talkin about being a role model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Old
01-22-2013, 08:23 PM
leafspring*

Bernard Hopkins the world light heavyweight champion,middle weight champ. light middle weight champ. Oldest boxer in history to be champion(46) is Muslim. LOL Bernard hopkins doesn't sound very muslim does it .

Old
01-22-2013, 08:32 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Bernard Hopkins the world light heavyweight champion,middle weight champ. light middle weight champ. Oldest boxer in history to be champion(46) is Muslim. LOL Bernard hopkins doesn't sound very muslim does it .
Anyone can align themselves with any religion they choose.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:00 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
This is exactly what OP is talking about. You just trash him with all those things that are completely unwarranted.

-What has he done to earn the reputation of being selfish?
-Have you seen his defensive game with the Marlies and how much it has improved?
-Why don't you trash 90% of the offensively gifted kids that come into the NHL with flawed defensive games?

Facts:
-He's not small, he's average NHL size for his position, 6'0 and 185 lbs.
-He's much stronger on the puck than he used to be when he first came up, again like most rookies who have to adjust from playing against kids to playing against men.
-He is grittier than most players on the Leafs, and isn't afraid to throw the body. He had 4 hits in under 10 minutes of play against Montreal. If a player averages 4 hits per game, he likely leads the NHL in hits.

The problem is, you and many posters like you have these ignorant stubborn impressions that you refuse to adjust. If a guy happens to do something bad in the one game you pay attention, you will always point to that one bad example. Go take a look at how NHL prospects develop, it's a miracle Kadri is where he is today with all the negativity he's received.

You don't see this on any other team's forum, no other team has so many guys who continuously trash their best offensive prospect. Even guys with flaws are defended, to the point of blind homerism by their fans, except Kadri. Go to the Habs board and ask them why Lois Leblanc is where he is. Or to the Oilers board about MPS. Or to the Flyers board about Brayden Schenn. Or to the Islanders board about Neiderreiter. I could go on and on with examples. None of these guys are busts yet. And they will all support and defend their guys and tell you so.

I just can't wait until you and all the haters continue to eat crow.
Possibly the best post I've seen on HFBoards. Bravo, my friend, bravo.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
Possibly the best post I've seen on HFBoards. Bravo, my friend, bravo.
Wow thanks

Old
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
HOTD
Rookie User

Kadri is the only 1st rounder playing in the NHL that we've developed and kept since Brad Boyes was drafted in 2000, and the people that want him dealt still haven't learned their lesson. Not all 1st rounders are superstars and some never make it, but the ones that stick usually have fairly succesful careers. See Boyes, Steen and Colaiacovo. Their not superstars by any means, but I'm sure we would have been pretty happy having these guys playing for the Leafs. We finally have a homegrown prospect, one that is showing maturity, and development, and people want him gone. I just don't understand.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTD View Post
Kadri is the only 1st rounder playing in the NHL that we've developed and kept since Brad Boyes was drafted in 2000.
I dont get what this means. Boyes was dealt..... and if you mean drafted and developed than we have Schenn, Steen, Rask, Colaiacovo, all playing still.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:39 PM
HOTD
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
I dont get what this means. Boyes was dealt..... and if you mean drafted and developed than we have Schenn, Steen, Rask, Colaiacovo, all playing still.
He's the only 1st rounder we've drafted in the last twelve years that we have playing for the Leafs.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:45 PM
masyo88*

As someone of middle eastern descent, who has played hockey in this great country, I can tell you that racism exits. Growing up and playing with all white people, I was called all sorts of names. I know most of you don't want to hear it but it is true, if you are a none white hockey player, you do get ****ted on cause you are different. I think that's why a lot in the media and fans can't stand Kadri cause hes not Bill Smith from buck ***** Alberta. He doesn't look like what a hockey player looks like in their eyes. People gave Schenn all the chances in the world, are willing to give Frattin all the chances in the world, but when it comes to Kadri they want him gone. Of course I'm not all fans and media personal who want Kadri gone are like this, but I wouldn't be surprised if a portion wanted him gone just for his background.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:45 AM
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
As someone of middle eastern descent, who has played hockey in this great country, I can tell you that racism exits. Growing up and playing with all white people, I was called all sorts of names. I know most of you don't want to hear it but it is true, if you are a none white hockey player, you do get ****ted on cause you are different. I think that's why a lot in the media and fans can't stand Kadri cause hes not Bill Smith from buck ***** Alberta. He doesn't look like what a hockey player looks like in their eyes. People gave Schenn all the chances in the world, are willing to give Frattin all the chances in the world, but when it comes to Kadri they want him gone. Of course I'm not all fans and media personal who want Kadri gone are like this, but I wouldn't be surprised if a portion wanted him gone just for his background.

Give me a break,I doubt his race has anything to do with it. As far as his appearance,I thought he was Italian when I first seen him.

Minor hockey is very strict in the way of anything racsist.You should have reported these people.

My son has played minor hockey for years and there has always been "non white"players on the teams and these kids are not treated any differently.

Last edited by black charger: 01-23-2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Add
Old
01-23-2013, 04:14 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

/thread

No reason to have another one of these especially when it leads to playing the same old card.

Take your prejudice elsewhere.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread