HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Kovatar

vCash: 500
Don't worry about Cole, he had a slow start last year too. He'll be fine. Don't forget he hasn't played all year and he's getting into game shape, unlike others like Pleks who have been playing in Europe all year. Poor Eller and Subban. In one night, Eller suddenly becomes the 13th forward, and Subban realizes he's not the Habs top defenseman (Markov), top pp unit (Markov/Diaz) nor top young rising star (Galchenyuk). Game two bargaining leverage metre shifts to Bergevin's favour! That said, once we sign Subban, I'm betting my student loan that the Habs make the playoffs!

Old
01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovatar View Post
Don't worry about Cole, he had a slow start last year too. He'll be fine. Don't forget he hasn't played all year and he's getting into game shape, unlike others like Pleks who have been playing in Europe all year. Poor Eller and Subban. In one night, Eller suddenly becomes the 13th forward, and Subban realizes he's not the Habs top defenseman (Markov), top pp unit (Markov/Diaz) nor top young rising star (Galchenyuk). Game two bargaining leverage metre shifts to Bergevin's favour! That said, once we sign Subban, I'm betting my student loan that the Habs make the playoffs!
When Diaz is feeding Markov AND Kaberle is feeding Subban you are going to see some scared goaltenders.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Pretty much this.

Washington has simply owned us in the last 7 meetings, often with shutouts. They are 0-2 and in desperate need for a win after 2 subpar losses against non-playoff teams from a year ago. That game is going to tell us a lot about who are the real Habs are.
Adam Oates is one of the few managers who Therrien should be able to comfortably outcoach too.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:39 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Could anyone else just not stop smiling when Galchenyuk scored, So happy for the kid love that he scored it at home

Old
01-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Valois

What I love most about this game is that Bourque looked decent, as did Kaberle, and Markov - none of them seemed as good as this last season. Shows that the team has a better attitude, and that things might go a lot better this year if this keeps up.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:05 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
What I love most about this game is that Bourque looked decent, as did Kaberle, and Markov - none of them seemed as good as this last season. Shows that the team has a better attitude, and that things might go a lot better this year if this keeps up.
+1 Mental approach and attitude is major.

A lot easier to play on positive attitude team. It's contagious.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdecoy View Post
everytime i see price clearing the zone on pk's, i can't help giggle like a little girl
lol!

Old
01-23-2013, 02:43 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

These are the lines I'd like to end up seeing:

DD-Eller-Patches
Cole-Pleks-Gionta
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Prust
Armstrong-White-Moen

If Gallagher stays up (he looks NHL ready but going back to Hamilton wouldn't do him any harm) than put him in Prust's place and sit Armstrong. Also at one point I could see Eller and Galchenyuk getting swapped but probably not quite yet.

It's either DD or Eller who will get moved to the wing. My vote as of now is DD on the wing.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:01 AM
Jimmym007

Both gallys are going to play together for a long while. Maybe Leblanc can join them in their line someday, but right now Prusy is doing great mentoring them and playing with intensity

Old
01-23-2013, 03:20 AM
muzion

You guys noticed how in the game's second half, the Panthers gradually stopped going to Emelin's side, only to end up getting their pocket picked by Markov. That is a deadly combination people!

Old
01-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Plante

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
You guys noticed how in the game's second half, the Panthers gradually stopped going to Emelin's side, only to end up getting their pocket picked by Markov. That is a deadly combination people!
Get hit or lose the puck....

Dump it in!

Only to have Carey put it back out.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:52 AM
bib
#believe

Old
01-23-2013, 04:44 AM
PricePkPatch

I know I'm gonna get screamed at for this..

But in the case Gorges is ever indisposed for a game, I'd be curious to see PK-Bouillon on the same line. They'd rough the opposition bad, PK can cover for Bouillon's shortcoming.

Bouillon has stepped up big so far in PK's absence. Yes he missed his goal opportunity, but the fact he pinched at the perfect time to seize the opportunity should tell you something. Yes, there was a lack of coverage for the Panthers' only goal, but he still pull a damn good game on the PK overall.

One of these days, he'll get a cramp or just have an off-day, and it might be disastrous. This is why we need Subban badly.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:47 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I know I'm gonna get screamed at for this..

But in the case Gorges is ever indisposed for a game, I'd be curious to see PK-Bouillon on the same line. They'd rough the opposition bad, PK can cover for Bouillon's shortcoming.

Bouillon has stepped up big so far in PK's absence. Yes he missed his goal opportunity, but the fact he pinched at the perfect time to seize the opportunity should tell you something. Yes, there was a lack of coverage for the Panthers' only goal, but he still pull a damn good game on the PK overall.

One of these days, he'll get a cramp or just have an off-day, and it might be disastrous. This is why we need Subban badly.
Who would you sit out if or when PK returns?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:48 AM
habsfanatics

I thought Desharnais was easily the worst player on the ice.

The good news is Therrien adjusted and played pleks as the number 1 center throughout. I liked what I saw from MT.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:54 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Markov - Diaz
Subban - Gorges
Kaberle - Emelin
Boullion

Old
01-23-2013, 04:54 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
At the moment? Kaberle. He's the only superfluous D-man on the lineup. Bouillon, so far, just has more impact and plays with great, great energy. That sort of thing is contagious. As long as Diaz-Markov keep producing as well and Bouillon doesn't screw up, I'd have either Emelin-Subban or Bouillon-Subban on the PP.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:55 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I thought Desharnais was easily the worst player on the ice.

The good news is Therrien adjusted and played pleks as the number 1 center throughout. I liked what I saw from MT.
More like DD was bad, but his linemates were utter garbage, not even in the same universe. I'll give Patches credit for making the pass to Markov, but he did very little else, but show his rust. That line is all about chemistry. Either it's there or it's not. Effort is always there, the timing and hockey skills will come. But seriously, those 3 are the worst right now. Kaberle handled the puck/was implicated in the play...for a short duration, which was the thing he did well.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:58 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
More like DD was bad, but his linemates were utter garbage, not even in the same universe. I'll give Patches credit for making the pass to Markov, but he did very little else, but show his rust. That line is all about chemistry. Either it's there or it's not. Effort is always there, the timing and hockey skills will come. But seriously, those 3 are the worst right now. Kaberle handled the puck/was implicated in the play...for a short duration, which was the thing he did well.
The last successful Habs 1st lines, Higgins-Koivu-Ryder and Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev, both roared back the following season with repeat performances.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:58 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
At the moment? Kaberle. He's the only superfluous D-man on the lineup. Bouillon, so far, just has more impact and plays with great, great energy. That sort of thing is contagious. As long as Diaz-Markov keep producing as well and Bouillon doesn't screw up, I'd have either Emelin-Subban or Bouillon-Subban on the PP.
Agree with you. Although it's too bad, because Kaberle seems to be improved this year.

Can't complain about having depth though.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:03 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Agree with you. Although it's too bad, because Kaberle seems to be improved this year.

Can't complain about having depth though.
With Diaz clicking with Markov, you don't touch that.

Emelin and Gorges are also two Ds who earned their stripes so far, you keep them.

This leaves only Kaberle and Bouillon. While Kaberle is, without a doubt, the best passer and puck-carrier of the two, Bouillon is one courageous mother****er who has the IQ to know when to go forward and when to hold the line like there is no tomorrow. I'd give a slight offensive edge to Kaberle.

On the defensive side, Bouillon has the advantage simply by his very, very rough and physical playstyle. The sort of edge that you combine with Prust, Emelin, Armstrong, Subban to tire out the opposition.

Yes, it sucks bad for Kaberle, and us. I'd rather we showcase him and trade him. But injuries will come, so like you said; depth ain't exactly the worst of our problem.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:28 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Markov and Diaz have been great, Markov just being dominant.

If Diaz continues to put up big offensive numbers and good two way play, mark my words... PK is going to regret not having accepted whatever contract he was offered.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
Therrien played Bourque a ton of minutes last game, giving him PK time and PP time and it seemed to have been a confidence booster. Therrien knows human beings, Martin didn't.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
It was a fast play, it's easier to call it dirty after watching a bird-view replay.

I liked White's reaction, it shows team unity, especially after only 2 games in.
I'm just disappointed his punches did not connect. If you're gonna take a 5 and put your club in trouble then make sure the other guy gets a bloody noise.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:39 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Therrien played Bourque a ton of minutes last game, giving him PK time and PP time and it seemed to have been a confidence booster. Therrien knows human beings, Martin didn't.
A HC doesn't have to know human beings.

but someone dominant in the coacing staff had. Kirk was that man, and we lost him.

Closed Thread