HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 5.0 - The "Doughty Money Vs. Lowball Bridge" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 09:45 PM
  #126
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I seriously doubt it. BUT... you have to at least wonder what Philadelphia would offer for a good D right about now. If there's one lesson we should've learned from Gauthier, it's never ignore the other GMs.
Philly needs more a goalie than a D man.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:52 PM
  #127
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,312
vCash: 500
Markov making his case. He's not ready to pass the torch of #1 Dman to PK just yet.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:57 PM
  #128
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,382
vCash: 500
It was good to see Montreal dedicate this game to PK.

PK, dump Meehan, sign for $4 million per and start playing hockey. Enough is enough.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
  #129
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLu View Post
Do you guys think Bergevin is seriously thinking about trading PK?
If it drags on, yes

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:12 PM
  #130
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Sorry to break it to you.. but it's not very hard to take a bigger role on a team with gill, kaberle, diaz, emelin, gorges, etc on D. They just simply are NOT good.

and whoever mentioned OEL.. that's just retarded.. Kulikov is way better than OEL.
OEL was sent to the minors multiple times.

Kulikov has no rep because of where he plays, it's as simple as that. Subban is over hyped like many Habs.. it's starting to become a joke around here.
his "simply not that good" teammates where good enough for a run to the EC finals 3 seasons ago, and taking the cup winners to 7 games 2 years ago.

Panthers as a group played above expectations last year, but I wouldn't go nominating that group of dmen as an elite force.

your comments on OEL sum your understanding of hockey up nicely, no need to go any further.

Miller Time is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:12 PM
  #131
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Markov making his case. He's not ready to pass the torch of #1 Dman to PK just yet.
PK already has it. Markov is trying to wrestle it back.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:13 PM
  #132
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Sorry to break it to you.. but it's not very hard to take a bigger role on a team with gill, kaberle, diaz, emelin, gorges, etc on D. They just simply are NOT good.

and whoever mentioned OEL.. that's just retarded.. Kulikov is way better than OEL.
OEL was sent to the minors multiple times.

Kulikov has no rep because of where he plays, it's as simple as that. Subban is over hyped like many Habs.. it's starting to become a joke around here.
Sure it's easy, but it's not easy to be EFFECTIVE, and despite whatever garbage you want to spit out, he was effective.

Also, if you read advanced statistic, you'd realize the hype in PK's case is warranted.
A lot of players are overhyped, sometimes in the wrong, sometimes they prove us right.
Price was overhyped, and he's arguably overpaid, but he's still a great player. Same can be said of PK. Even if you want to say he's overhyped, doesn't mean he's worth half of Prust's salary or isn't great.


As for OEL, I really don't know what you're talking about. Your evaluation is so off. Then again, can't say I'm surprised after the way you speak of PK.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:13 PM
  #133
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Subbie-doo to Boston for Taylor Seguin

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:17 PM
  #134
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
PK already has it. Markov is trying to wrestle it back.
Markov showed exactly why he should've always been considered a top 10 dman. If he can play anything like he played tonight consistently throughout the year (I'm not talking about the goals he scored, I'm talking about the defensive game and the crisp passes as well as the intelligence displayed in all 3 zones) he'll regain that top 10 spot. Not to diminish anything that PK has done for the habs...but PK has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:24 PM
  #135
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
PK aint going anywhere, no way.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:27 PM
  #136
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Markov showed exactly why he should've always been considered a top 10 dman. If he can play anything like he played tonight consistently throughout the year (I'm not talking about the goals he scored, I'm talking about the defensive game and the crisp passes as well as the intelligence displayed in all 3 zones) he'll regain that top 10 spot. Not to diminish anything that PK has done for the habs...but PK has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath.
I think PK will have a decisively better career than Markov at the end of the day. I could be wrong but that's how I see it.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:28 PM
  #137
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
i'll say it:

i think emelin will be the best defensive d-man in a couple years. the guy has an unreal skill set a lot of players simply do not have, at his size and strength.

really, really love this player. just needs to play, and learn from his mistakes and limit his risk-taking.

pk will never reach the next level if he cannot stay out of the box but could learn a thing or two from markov about being a professional on the ice. markov reminded me tonight the difference in mentality, which you cannot teach, but it resonates through-out the team.

markov just makes me feel comfortable, subban never brought anything but pure excitement. he has a LONG way to go.

Nedved is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
  #138
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
i'll say it:

i think emelin will be the best defensive d-man in a couple years. the guy has an unreal skill set a lot of players simply do not have, at his size and strength.

really, really love this player. just needs to play, and learn from his mistakes and limit his risk-taking.

pk will never reach the next level if he cannot stay out of the box but could learn a thing or two from markov about being a professional on the ice. markov reminded me tonight the difference in mentality, which you cannot teach, but it resonates through-out the team.

markov just makes me feel comfortable, subban never brought anything but pure excitement. he has a LONG way to go.
He's got talent that Markov never had though. His skating is sick. He hits, isn't afraid to get dirty and he's just really, really good.

I was skeptical of him but he's really proven to be a gem. I'm excited at watching him develop. He's not as good as Markov was in his prime but he will be very soon.




If he ever signs a contract.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
  #139
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,394
vCash: 500
panthers play tonight made markov look better than he should...still strong game but against tough teams we need pk subban to lead the way.

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:54 PM
  #140
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
pk will never reach the next level if he cannot stay out of the box but could learn a thing or two from markov about being a professional on the ice. markov reminded me tonight the difference in mentality, which you cannot teach, but it resonates through-out the team.

markov just makes me feel comfortable, subban never brought anything but pure excitement. he has a LONG way to go.
Ah yes, how people quickly forget! When the Habs went up against the Bruins in the playoffs last time, it was always nerve wracking unless PK was on the ice, which he usually was, for nearly 30 mins a game. He had the necessary toughness, speed, agility, and skill to face their most feared forecheckers.

You don't have to diminish one to praise the other.

SB164 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:40 AM
  #141
habfaninvictoria
Registered User
 
habfaninvictoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
To me this hold-out is showing us how PK is not a team first type of player. When thinking about it Price could have easily embarased the management by holding out when Halak was traded but he did not and accepted to take a 2 years deal and proved himself before signing his longterm deal. And before anybody claim how Price was not proved yet he was still the best young netminder in the game with the most value around the NHL.
After the lockout and CBA crap, why would a player not just lookout for himself.

habfaninvictoria is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:26 AM
  #142
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 174
Markov>Subban

EDIT: I like both players btw.


Last edited by Nicko999: 01-23-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Nicko999 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:51 AM
  #143
Valois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
I have only seen markov play at the end of last season - I was young and not following the habs before.

Holy crap he is good now that he's on his game. I get it now. I hope even more we sign Subban now, having those two manning the blue line would be wicked.

Valois is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:55 AM
  #144
vipergtx18*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
No thread for Price talk so figured id mention it here... So for only goals he let in were all on power plays

vipergtx18* is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:36 AM
  #145
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtx18 View Post
No thread for Price talk so figured id mention it here... So for only goals he let in were all on power plays
We have a PGT, this is a Subban thread.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:50 AM
  #146
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
After the PK lovefest that has occurred over the past while, particularly after the loss on saturday, I've read so many comments about how perfect PK's 2 years have been and how he has been a hockey mistake-free player. Make no mistake, PK has the talents to change a game, but what Markov showed me tonight in terms of CONTROLLING a game - PK has so much to learn. It shouldn't become a PK vs Markov comparison, but what I remember Markov being, and the reason we have all felt him to be so important to the team was on display. PK made a ton of brash mistakes that will happen and some simply careless ones as well as some real puck hogging at times. When I saw Markov dishing, shooting and making great D and neutral zone defensive plays, I just hope PK knows that he can in fact improve his game. THEN he will be worth what he thinks he is currently. Getting the attention sucked away from him has got to hurt. The more we win without him, the more the double bonus. (He'll realize he ain't 100% of the team, but an important cog AND ...we'll win.)

habtastic is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:50 AM
  #147
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
I'm reserving judgement on MB but if he handles future signings like this one with key players involved I'm going to question his competency. 2 years at 2.75 mil is a joke. But hey were paying a defenceman with 2 bad knees 5.75 mil and a defenseman who can't play d to save his life or is effective in the PP 4.25 mil. No wonder this organization hasn't won a cup in 20 years.

edit:I know MB isn't responsible for Markov and Kaberle's contracts but that doesn't mean he has to lowball Subban
If this is true ($2.75mil/year for 2 years)...
$5.75mil/year for Markov.
$4.25mil for Kaberle.
$2.75mil/year for Subban (are you ****ing kidding me?).

$2.75mil/year for Subban after he proved that he can shut-down Crosby, and also send us into overtime vs The Bruins in our last playoff series (saw more from Subban in playoffs VS entire palyoffs with Markov)...Subban also gets 28min. of ice-time/game...$2.75mil/year is way more than low-balling!!

This ****ing sucks...Markov is finally healthy (for how long?!), and Subban isn't playing.

I really enjoy watching Subban play for our Habs...not the same without him. Bergevin better stop the low-balling (if it's true).
Who the **** is Bergevin? We need Subban to help us win...enough with contract talks...get Subban back on the ice...#$%^&*#$%@$#.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-23-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:56 AM
  #148
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
After the PK lovefest that has occurred over the past while, particularly after the loss on saturday, I've read so many comments about how perfect PK's 2 years have been and how he has been a hockey mistake-free player. Make no mistake, PK has the talents to change a game, but what Markov showed me tonight in terms of CONTROLLING a game - PK has so much to learn. It shouldn't become a PK vs Markov comparison, but what I remember Markov being, and the reason we have all felt him to be so important to the team was on display. PK made a ton of brash mistakes that will happen and some simply careless ones as well as some real puck hogging at times. When I saw Markov dishing, shooting and making great D and neutral zone defensive plays, I just hope PK knows that he can in fact improve his game. THEN he will be worth what he thinks he is currently. Getting the attention sucked away from him has got to hurt. The more we win without him, the more the double bonus. (He'll realize he ain't 100% of the team, but an important cog AND ...we'll win.)
But he won't learn it if he doesn't play.

Subban brings things that Markov doesn't. You shouldn't forget that.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:58 AM
  #149
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
I'd be open to the idea of trading Subban to NYI. He'd be a good, marketable player, in Brooklyn lol.

Subban + Eller for Strome + Hamonic.

The Right Price is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 05:05 AM
  #150
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
But he won't learn it if he doesn't play.

Subban brings things that Markov doesn't. You shouldn't forget that.
Exactly.
And, love how everyone here always repeats that Subban has a lot to learn!!

Subban and Gorges know how to protect themselves 1000x better than Markov.
So, Markov is the one who still has a lot to learn in this department (Markov is one shift away from getting a serious injury with his brain-dead ways...not protecting himself). Against Toronto (last Saturday)...Markov went down after placing himself in a vulnerable position against Kadri...someone has got to tell Markov not to turn his back on any play. Matter of time before he gets injured again...unless he finally learns how to protect himself the way Subban and Gorges do.


Enough with this thread...Markov is back (feels strange to see him healthy!)...we just need Subban back now. The lockout is over yet we still have to talk about why Subban isn't signed yet...@$%^&@#$#%^&*.


Seems like we'll never see Markov and Subban on the PP playing together (**** you Bergevin IF you're low-balling, and/or **** you Subban...if you're being too greedy...... ****ing money is ****ing up our game).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-23-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.