HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Great game but Florida did a really poorly job fore-checking. I think we're going to struggle against any teams that come after us hard in our own end. We don't have enough size back there. But anyways good win.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:28 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.
I don't mind White doing stupid things like that after what appeared (and I still think was) very questionable hit on Gorges.

It's White's job to wail at opponents taking cheap shots at us. He stood up for Subban last year, and I am happy he stood up for Gorges yesterday.

It's not a bad idea to let other teams know some of our people aren't above wailing on them if they pull dangerous tricks.

Old
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:

I bet Fleischman won't do it again though...

Old
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:

Fleischmann shouldn't get a free pass just because he is a *****. He threw a dangerous hit on Gorges and paid the consequences.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:

Yes, Laracque was very successful at doing this for the Habs!

Old
01-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Yeah, I think he was a bit too "enthusiastic". I think Therrien was happy about it in a way but unhappy about the 2 and 5. They are trying to change the culture from the JM "turn the other cheek" to standing up for teammates, that was sort of a side effect.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
Fleischmann shouldn't get a free pass just because he is a *****. He threw a dangerous hit on Gorges and paid the consequences.
I think White could have sent the samne message by keeping his gloves on and "roughing him up". May have led to a 2 min PP but at least not a 5 min one.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:35 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think White could have sent the samne message by keeping his gloves on and "roughing him up". May have led to a 2 min PP but at least not a 5 min one.
Maybe. Maybe not. The hit on Gorges could have gone really, really ugly. This is the sort of thing you don't take half-measures to make sure the opponents get the clue.

Fleshmann will remember the time he took a shot directly at the #26. Next time, he'll sure as hell take it easier.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:38 AM
SeriousHabs

Enjoyable game overall. Almost everyone improved from last game save for DD, Kaberle and White and Price. Price didn't have much room to improve, White went full ****** and I hope that DD is playing injured because he is just godawful at the moment. Gallagher gets a pass because it was his first game.

We dominated the Cats on all aspects, but let's keep in mind that they are one of the softest team in the league. They seem to have went with the old Habs formula of hoping that one first-class fighter would solve the toughest issue (Parros vs Laraque). It doesn't work.

Price. His haters are probably people who look at NHL.com stats to evaluate talent. They are the people who dropped Markov to add Winnik on their fantasy team. I just can't fathom how anyone could give Price an honest look and not conclude that he is elite. Haters gonna hate I guess!

Galchenyuk. We watch hockey because of players like him. I want more of those on the Habs. I am still on the tank train If DD doesn't step it up, who knows where he will end up this season?

White. I don't appreciate when career 4th liners drop the mitts on small, skilled forwards. We would be up in arms had a Thornton or Orr dropped the gloves on Plekanec or DD. Gutless. Swap him for Eller.

Markov. We essentially have to clone him (inject someone else's knee DNA). Perfect passer-shooter combo

Pacioretty. Work horse. He needs to be the personnal trainer of the whole team

Old
01-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It was a ridiculous call anyway. A five minute major for fighting turning into a power play? I don't think I've ever seen that before. It should have been a double minor for roughing at most.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:41 AM
REM17

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
glad you mentioned Diaz in the thread title...

he's looking really good out there. Very curious to see just how high his ceiling is!
Mark Streit++
Diaz is smarter than Streit and is the better allaround player.
So, this time you guys should not let him walk after his contract is up...

Old
01-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM17 View Post
Mark Streit++
Diaz is smarter than Streit and is the better allaround player.
So, this time you guys should not let him walk after his contract is up...
He doesn't have Streit's shot.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:53 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Great game but Florida did a really poorly job fore-checking. I think we're going to struggle against any teams that come after us hard in our own end. We don't have enough size back there. But anyways good win.
Couldn't have said it better. We did play poorly against the Leafs but they were always putting pressure on us when we had the puck. Yesterday, it felt like the Panthers always let us make passing plays so we looked amazing.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Top Corner2

Florida was terrible... encouraging win anyway though...

Old
01-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Enjoyable game overall. Almost everyone improved from last game save for DD, Kaberle and White and Price. Price didn't have much room to improve, White went full ****** and I hope that DD is playing injured because he is just godawful at the moment. Gallagher gets a pass because it was his first game.

We dominated the Cats on all aspects, but let's keep in mind that they are one of the softest team in the league. They seem to have went with the old Habs formula of hoping that one first-class fighter would solve the toughest issue (Parros vs Laraque). It doesn't work.

Price. His haters are probably people who look at NHL.com stats to evaluate talent. They are the people who dropped Markov to add Winnik on their fantasy team. I just can't fathom how anyone could give Price an honest look and not conclude that he is elite. Haters gonna hate I guess!

Galchenyuk. We watch hockey because of players like him. I want more of those on the Habs. I am still on the tank train If DD doesn't step it up, who knows where he will end up this season?

White. I don't appreciate when career 4th liners drop the mitts on small, skilled forwards. We would be up in arms had a Thornton or Orr dropped the gloves on Plekanec or DD. Gutless. Swap him for Eller.

Markov. We essentially have to clone him (inject someone else's knee DNA). Perfect passer-shooter combo

Pacioretty. Work horse. He needs to be the personnal trainer of the whole team
Sweet, next time maybe Subban can get hit from behind, have a career ending injury, and White can just skate by, pat the skilled forward on the back and say "nice hit, i should probably stick up for him but I can't cause serioushabs thinks its not right"

White was 110% in the right. ****ing A.

And yes, if it was the other way, I would hate it. But that's hockey. And if Desharnais or Plekanec cheapshotted someone, they'd deserve as much as Flash (who I love) did.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:08 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Sweet, next time maybe Subban can get hit from behind, have a career ending injury, and White can just skate by, pat the skilled forward on the back and say "nice hit, i should probably stick up for him but I can't cause serioushabs thinks its not right"

And yes, if it was the other way, I would hate it. But that's hockey. And if Desharnais or Plekanec cheapshotted someone, they'd deserve as much as Flash (who I love) did.
Agreed, any time someone takes a run at one of your teammates, especially if you are a White or Prust, no matter if they are skilled or not you have to make them pay.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:09 AM
sandysan

Quote:

I got no problem with what White did, that is his job. You take liberties and your right to refusal goes away. You don't get to use " but I'm a good guy" excuse.

Although fleischmann is a pretty stand up guy, there are already tons of players who think they can do what they want with impunity and not have to answer the bell. If fleischmann had run price would you have a problem if white did the same thing? What I don't like is Dineen implying that white was a spot picker, I've seen enough of white that he does that no matter who runs gorges from behind.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:10 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I don't mind White doing stupid things like that after what appeared (and I still think was) very questionable hit on Gorges.

It's White's job to wail at opponents taking cheap shots at us. He stood up for Subban last year, and I am happy he stood up for Gorges yesterday.

It's not a bad idea to let other teams know some of our people aren't above wailing on them if they pull dangerous tricks.
Agree 100%-no place for cheap shots. The 1 penelty out of 8 that was worth it!

Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 AM
ClasslessGuy

Is it me or the call on Gorges was awful? On the replay there's to knee at all?

Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 AM
charlie

What the hell was Bergevin doing at the game last night????
Shouldnt he been in his office working a deal to get Subban on the ice.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:13 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

A-****ing-men. Whats wrong with some people It not only sets the bar on what retribution comes after you run one of our players in the numbers but its also great for team chemistry.

Plus the score was 4-1... it was then or never.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:14 AM

Was impressed by Therrien last night, great job coaching and playing players with the hot hand.

Loved how he threw Galchenyuk's line on the PP after they scored...one time he even put Galchenyuk between Bourque/Gionta on the PP after Plekanec was just out killing a penalty.

That's the kind of instinctive coaching i've been looking for for years...

Was also veryhappy to see Markov play like the Markov we all know and love last night, that was vintage Markov. He controlled all 3 zones on the ice, ran the PP like a boss and was solid defensively. The skating was never his strong point, but his intelligence hasn't eroded one bit and IMO, I have no doubt he'll be able to return to the player he was because his hockey sense is just so superior, and that's HUGE for the Habs.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:15 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quick thought about the White situation. Actually more about Parros and enforcers in general. He was dressed for Florida, he was unable to deter White from acting like he did and furthermore was unable to get retribution afterwards. To ice the cake he didn't go after anyone on the Habs. So what's his purpose?

I suppose next game, White will have to take his lumps, I'd expect nothing less. However, it could mean a Habs PP in a close game.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:17 AM
ClasslessGuy

Even on the Gorges BS call Parros didn't do nothing

Closed Thread