HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 07:19 AM
  #326
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,950
vCash: 500
Great game but Florida did a really poorly job fore-checking. I think we're going to struggle against any teams that come after us hard in our own end. We don't have enough size back there. But anyways good win.

Ginu is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:25 AM
  #327
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,996
vCash: 50
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:28 AM
  #328
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.
I don't mind White doing stupid things like that after what appeared (and I still think was) very questionable hit on Gorges.

It's White's job to wail at opponents taking cheap shots at us. He stood up for Subban last year, and I am happy he stood up for Gorges yesterday.


It's not a bad idea to let other teams know some of our people aren't above wailing on them if they pull dangerous tricks.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:28 AM
  #329
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,738
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.
I bet Fleischman won't do it again though...

Tuggy is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:28 AM
  #330
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.
Fleischmann shouldn't get a free pass just because he is a *****. He threw a dangerous hit on Gorges and paid the consequences.

Dasachtach is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
  #331
Montreal4Life*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.
Yes, Laracque was very successful at doing this for the Habs!

Montreal4Life* is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:31 AM
  #332
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.
Yeah, I think he was a bit too "enthusiastic". I think Therrien was happy about it in a way but unhappy about the 2 and 5. They are trying to change the culture from the JM "turn the other cheek" to standing up for teammates, that was sort of a side effect.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
  #333
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
Fleischmann shouldn't get a free pass just because he is a *****. He threw a dangerous hit on Gorges and paid the consequences.
I think White could have sent the samne message by keeping his gloves on and "roughing him up". May have led to a 2 min PP but at least not a 5 min one.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:35 AM
  #334
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think White could have sent the samne message by keeping his gloves on and "roughing him up". May have led to a 2 min PP but at least not a 5 min one.
Maybe. Maybe not. The hit on Gorges could have gone really, really ugly. This is the sort of thing you don't take half-measures to make sure the opponents get the clue.

Fleshmann will remember the time he took a shot directly at the #26. Next time, he'll sure as hell take it easier.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:38 AM
  #335
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,673
vCash: 500
Enjoyable game overall. Almost everyone improved from last game save for DD, Kaberle and White and Price. Price didn't have much room to improve, White went full ****** and I hope that DD is playing injured because he is just godawful at the moment. Gallagher gets a pass because it was his first game.

We dominated the Cats on all aspects, but let's keep in mind that they are one of the softest team in the league. They seem to have went with the old Habs formula of hoping that one first-class fighter would solve the toughest issue (Parros vs Laraque). It doesn't work.

Price. His haters are probably people who look at NHL.com stats to evaluate talent. They are the people who dropped Markov to add Winnik on their fantasy team. I just can't fathom how anyone could give Price an honest look and not conclude that he is elite. Haters gonna hate I guess!

Galchenyuk. We watch hockey because of players like him. I want more of those on the Habs. I am still on the tank train If DD doesn't step it up, who knows where he will end up this season?

White. I don't appreciate when career 4th liners drop the mitts on small, skilled forwards. We would be up in arms had a Thornton or Orr dropped the gloves on Plekanec or DD. Gutless. Swap him for Eller.

Markov. We essentially have to clone him (inject someone else's knee DNA). Perfect passer-shooter combo

Pacioretty. Work horse. He needs to be the personnal trainer of the whole team

SeriousHabs is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:39 AM
  #336
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think White could have sent the samne message by keeping his gloves on and "roughing him up". May have led to a 2 min PP but at least not a 5 min one.
It was a ridiculous call anyway. A five minute major for fighting turning into a power play? I don't think I've ever seen that before. It should have been a double minor for roughing at most.

Dasachtach is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:41 AM
  #337
REM17
Registered User
 
REM17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 249
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
glad you mentioned Diaz in the thread title...

he's looking really good out there. Very curious to see just how high his ceiling is!
Mark Streit++
Diaz is smarter than Streit and is the better allaround player.
So, this time you guys should not let him walk after his contract is up...

REM17 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:48 AM
  #338
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM17 View Post
Mark Streit++
Diaz is smarter than Streit and is the better allaround player.
So, this time you guys should not let him walk after his contract is up...
He doesn't have Streit's shot.

Dasachtach is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:53 AM
  #339
PK76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Great game but Florida did a really poorly job fore-checking. I think we're going to struggle against any teams that come after us hard in our own end. We don't have enough size back there. But anyways good win.
Couldn't have said it better. We did play poorly against the Leafs but they were always putting pressure on us when we had the puck. Yesterday, it felt like the Panthers always let us make passing plays so we looked amazing.

PK76 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
  #340
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 500
Florida was terrible... encouraging win anyway though...

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:04 AM
  #341
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Enjoyable game overall. Almost everyone improved from last game save for DD, Kaberle and White and Price. Price didn't have much room to improve, White went full ****** and I hope that DD is playing injured because he is just godawful at the moment. Gallagher gets a pass because it was his first game.

We dominated the Cats on all aspects, but let's keep in mind that they are one of the softest team in the league. They seem to have went with the old Habs formula of hoping that one first-class fighter would solve the toughest issue (Parros vs Laraque). It doesn't work.

Price. His haters are probably people who look at NHL.com stats to evaluate talent. They are the people who dropped Markov to add Winnik on their fantasy team. I just can't fathom how anyone could give Price an honest look and not conclude that he is elite. Haters gonna hate I guess!

Galchenyuk. We watch hockey because of players like him. I want more of those on the Habs. I am still on the tank train If DD doesn't step it up, who knows where he will end up this season?

White. I don't appreciate when career 4th liners drop the mitts on small, skilled forwards. We would be up in arms had a Thornton or Orr dropped the gloves on Plekanec or DD. Gutless. Swap him for Eller.

Markov. We essentially have to clone him (inject someone else's knee DNA). Perfect passer-shooter combo

Pacioretty. Work horse. He needs to be the personnal trainer of the whole team
Sweet, next time maybe Subban can get hit from behind, have a career ending injury, and White can just skate by, pat the skilled forward on the back and say "nice hit, i should probably stick up for him but I can't cause serioushabs thinks its not right"

White was 110% in the right. ****ing A.

And yes, if it was the other way, I would hate it. But that's hockey. And if Desharnais or Plekanec cheapshotted someone, they'd deserve as much as Flash (who I love) did.

Bad Natey is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:08 AM
  #342
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Sweet, next time maybe Subban can get hit from behind, have a career ending injury, and White can just skate by, pat the skilled forward on the back and say "nice hit, i should probably stick up for him but I can't cause serioushabs thinks its not right"

White was 110% in the right. ****ing A.

And yes, if it was the other way, I would hate it. But that's hockey. And if Desharnais or Plekanec cheapshotted someone, they'd deserve as much as Flash (who I love) did.
Agreed, any time someone takes a run at one of your teammates, especially if you are a White or Prust, no matter if they are skilled or not you have to make them pay.

beowulf is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:09 AM
  #343
sandysan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.
I got no problem with what White did, that is his job. You take liberties and your right to refusal goes away. You don't get to use " but I'm a good guy" excuse.

Although fleischmann is a pretty stand up guy, there are already tons of players who think they can do what they want with impunity and not have to answer the bell. If fleischmann had run price would you have a problem if white did the same thing? What I don't like is Dineen implying that white was a spot picker, I've seen enough of white that he does that no matter who runs gorges from behind.

sandysan is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:10 AM
  #344
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I don't mind White doing stupid things like that after what appeared (and I still think was) very questionable hit on Gorges.

It's White's job to wail at opponents taking cheap shots at us. He stood up for Subban last year, and I am happy he stood up for Gorges yesterday.


It's not a bad idea to let other teams know some of our people aren't above wailing on them if they pull dangerous tricks.
Agree 100%-no place for cheap shots. The 1 penelty out of 8 that was worth it!

otto bond is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 AM
  #345
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,163
vCash: 50
Is it me or the call on Gorges was awful? On the replay there's to knee at all?

ClasslessGuy is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 AM
  #346
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
What the hell was Bergevin doing at the game last night????
Shouldnt he been in his office working a deal to get Subban on the ice.


charlie is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:13 AM
  #347
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Sweet, next time maybe Subban can get hit from behind, have a career ending injury, and White can just skate by, pat the skilled forward on the back and say "nice hit, i should probably stick up for him but I can't cause serioushabs thinks its not right"

White was 110% in the right. ****ing A.

And yes, if it was the other way, I would hate it. But that's hockey. And if Desharnais or Plekanec cheapshotted someone, they'd deserve as much as Flash (who I love) did.
A-****ing-men. Whats wrong with some people It not only sets the bar on what retribution comes after you run one of our players in the numbers but its also great for team chemistry.

Plus the score was 4-1... it was then or never.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:14 AM
  #348
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,488
vCash: 500
Was impressed by Therrien last night, great job coaching and playing players with the hot hand.

Loved how he threw Galchenyuk's line on the PP after they scored...one time he even put Galchenyuk between Bourque/Gionta on the PP after Plekanec was just out killing a penalty.

That's the kind of instinctive coaching i've been looking for for years...

Was also veryhappy to see Markov play like the Markov we all know and love last night, that was vintage Markov. He controlled all 3 zones on the ice, ran the PP like a boss and was solid defensively. The skating was never his strong point, but his intelligence hasn't eroded one bit and IMO, I have no doubt he'll be able to return to the player he was because his hockey sense is just so superior, and that's HUGE for the Habs.

417 is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:15 AM
  #349
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quick thought about the White situation. Actually more about Parros and enforcers in general. He was dressed for Florida, he was unable to deter White from acting like he did and furthermore was unable to get retribution afterwards. To ice the cake he didn't go after anyone on the Habs. So what's his purpose?

I suppose next game, White will have to take his lumps, I'd expect nothing less. However, it could mean a Habs PP in a close game.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:17 AM
  #350
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,163
vCash: 50
Even on the Gorges BS call Parros didn't do nothing

ClasslessGuy is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.