HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Big Bad John Scott

Old
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

vCash: 500
The buffalo forum is funny before the fight they were thrilled with having this useless goon now after the fight it's look at the overall score

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
The buffalo forum is funny before the fight they were thrilled with having this useless goon now after the fight it's look at the overall score

Well, to his defense, he did lose to Colton Orr. I mean....its Colton Orr. Winning the game was/is most important last time I checked and trumps the whole "game within the game" aspect of the side show that is a hockey fight.

I mean really? Ask Scott if he would take that beat down again if it meant a win and I would be positive he would considering he is a team guy. Scotts a good guy reguardless and I highly doubt it bothers him he lost.

I really dont see the list of heavys lining up to want to fight the guy just because he lost to Orr. It isnt gonna make other players that much braver, either.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
"put in his place?" you mean by tagging him with 1 punch that dropped him to his knees, of which he immediately stood up from? There was no flury of punches by Orr, there was no KO, nor did Scott cover up an turtle.

The hate for this guy is so crazy, this was an even fight until the last punch. This was not some 1-sided beatdown as so many haters are trying to claim.
You might want to watch that fight again, there was nothing immediate about it and he was trying to cover his face while on both knees when the refs came in.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:41 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
He did not get up until the refs broke it up and he was hiding his face because he got hammered in the ribs.
I watched the video a bunch of times. I could tell the elbow pad or Orr was being swung around, and it didnt look like it caught him with an upper cut... I couldnt tell what sent Scott to his knees.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Clear but not decisive win for Orr, who likely gets sicced on Kaleta if Scott doesn't step in. If Scott allows the rest of the team to be as aggressive as they have been their first two games, I don't care if he wings a single fight.

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I watched the video a bunch of times. I could tell the elbow pad or Orr was being swung around, and it didnt look like it caught him with an upper cut... I couldnt tell what sent Scott to his knees.
Really? Between the hundreds of posts on HF since last night and the clear video on youtube you have no idea?

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveOpinion View Post
So my question would have to be: Is the Buffalo News going to write a retraction?
Yes, they will. The instant that the Buffalo News begin decides that the Sabres aren't going to win the cup they will print a retraction in the form of an article about how the Sabres wasted their time signing John Scott instead of traveling back in time to re-sign Drury and Briere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Really? Between the hundreds of posts on HF since last night and the clear video on youtube you have no idea?
Some have said that there was a strong breeze in the ACC at that moment. We also haven't confirmed that John Scott wasn't positioned on the epicenter of an extremely small earthquake. Unfortunately, this is a mystery that may remain unsolved.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Dubi Doo

Never has such a crappy hockey player received so much hate. You guys are too sensitive. Give your balls a tug!

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Clear but not decisive win for Orr, who likely gets sicced on Kaleta if Scott doesn't step in. If Scott allows the rest of the team to be as aggressive as they have been their first two games, I don't care if he wings a single fight.
Clear but not decisive? He dropped him to the ice with a body shot! Maybe one of only two times its ever happened in the NHL. That as decisive as your gonna get.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:33 AM
punkr0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Clear but not decisive? He dropped him to the ice with a body shot! Maybe one of only two times its ever happened in the NHL. That as decisive as your gonna get.
It's not like he beat the **** out of Scott, he knocked the wind out of him. Yeah it's better than a takedown, but it's not like Scott is going to be afraid to face Orr again after one hard punch to the gut.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:36 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x View Post
It's not like he beat the **** out of Scott, he knocked the wind out of him. Yeah it's better than a takedown, but it's not like Scott is going to be afraid to face Orr again after one hard punch to the gut.
Your right but he won't be as open as he use to be thats a given,welcome to the east lol.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote