HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niskanen + Tangradi to Montreal

Old
01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
? What would you be looking for in a trade for Niskanen
Someone you couldn't afford to give up. A loss that would create a major hole in your lineup. He isn't going anywhere though.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
? What would you be looking for in a trade for Niskanen
The thread has been pretty adamant that he wouldn't be moved for anything less than a better defenseman.

He's working so well with Letang that nothing else would make sense.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Someone you couldn't afford to give up. A loss that would create a major hole in your lineup. He isn't going anywhere though.
Quote:
Right now, no one needs Tangradi. He is out of place in Pittsburgh and its pretty sad ... a young, 6-4, 235 pound power forward can't seem to do much when he is paired with Malkin. I think his experiment in Pittsburgh might be coming to a close soon. Besides, Niskanen isn't going anywhere. You might not need him, but I don't think Montreal has the goods to get him either. There isn't a match.
Big difference

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
The thread has been pretty adamant that he wouldn't be moved for anything less than a better defenseman.

That's fine, was just responding to the other poster who said we don't have the goods to trade from him

Old
01-23-2013, 08:44 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post

Exactly.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:46 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
He was saying he wouldn't dislodge any of the top six. He is better than Emelin, Kaberle and Diaz. A healthy Markov, probably not, but lets face facts, Markov is an injury waiting to happen - like Hemsky.
He actually said top 4.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Big difference
No, not really. If you aren't willing to give up a significant defenseman or someone like Patches, you don't have the goods. Niskanen is worth more than questionable prospects or low picks or a combo of such. In other words, the return would create a major hole in your lineup, so you wouldn't part with such - therefore, you don't have the goods to surrender. They go hand in hand.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
What a bizarre thread. Habs have zero needed for ANOTHER puckmover.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:49 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
He actually said top 4.
He is better than one of your top four and I need to see more of Markov or see him remain healthy before I say two. A healthy Markov is better. The Markov of the last three years - nope.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:51 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
And Pittsburgh has zero reason to trade him based on his play last season and the start of this. Then again, every single on of these threads, rarely any of them make sense trade wise.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Pretty much.

You swing your stick and you're going to hit a puck mover for the habs. It's sad. Habs need physical, stay-at-home dman.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
No, not really. If you aren't willing to give up a significant defenseman or someone like Patches, you don't have the goods. Niskanen is worth more than questionable prospects or low picks or a combo of such. In other words, the return would create a major hole in your lineup, so you wouldn't part with such - therefore, you don't have the goods to surrender. They go hand in hand.
Ok sure buddy...

Old
01-23-2013, 08:59 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
You are sadly mistaken if you think Hemsky is worth any of those three. Exactly, it creates a hole. Why? Because Hemsky DOESN'T bring to the table ANYTHING that Sutter, Orpik or Kunitz bring. You have no idea what you get out of Hemsky. He is an enigma. To me, there isn't much value in a fragile Euro who makes 5 million per year, is lucky to get close to 40 points and play 50 games. That is a draft pick and a B or C prospect. Every GM in the league absent Edmonton's knows this and that is why Edmonton still has him after trying to get rid of him the last two trade deadlines. Agree to disagree
I will break this down for you.

Hemsky is a top line player who's value is severley diminished due to exactly what you said.

Kunitz is a 2nd/3rd line tweener. He fits in well on a top line in Pittsburgh but by himself he is not a top line player, Sutter is a 3rd liner, Orpik is a 2nd pairing D who was terrible last year.

If Hemsky was healthy and we knew what he would give a team every year within reason and it was what he has shown he is capable of, he would be worth far more than any of those players but since he has questions about his health he is only worth somewhere around what those players are worth.

I'm not trying to say this as an insult, Hemsky is a better player than any of those guys and I am taking into account his history when I said I think the value is fair.

Again, I don't think the Penguins would do that deal but it doesn't mean that the value is bad. It means it doesn't work for the Penguins. Those are two different things.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
He is better than one of your top four and I need to see more of Markov or see him remain healthy before I say two. A healthy Markov is better. The Markov of the last three years - nope.
My top 4? I hate the Habs. I'm a Bruins fan.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:06 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:

Hemsky is a top line player who's value is severley diminished due to exactly what you said.

That is all you need to say. He doesn't fit into the Pens lineup whatsoever. Kunitz and Sutter are much better fits for what the Pens do than Hemsky could ever dream of. A healthy Hemsky; a motivated Hemsky could help someone greatly because he has the talent. That said, I'm not parting with any of the three you mentioned because I think they are better overall players and give the Pens what they need to win. Agree to disagree.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:07 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
My top 4? I hate the Habs. I'm a Bruins fan.
In that case, he might not be a top four in Boston. I was talking Montreal, which he would be.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:

Kunitz is a 2nd/3rd line tweener. He fits in well on a top line in Pittsburgh but by himself he is not a top line player, Sutter is a 3rd liner, Orpik is a 2nd pairing D who was terrible last year.

If Hemsky was healthy and we knew what he would give a team every year within reason and it was what he has shown he is capable of, he would be worth far more than any of those players but since he has questions about his health he is only worth somewhere around what those players are worth.

I'm not trying to say this as an insult, Hemsky is a better player than any of those guys and I am taking into account his history when I said I think the value is fair.

Again, I don't think the Penguins would do that deal but it doesn't mean that the value is bad. It means it doesn't work for the Penguins. Those are two different things.
Orpik is our only REALLY physicaly d-man. He has been fighting injuries for the past two years. Hemsky is soft.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Dangles78

Quote:

Yeah, okay, keep telling yourself that.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:52 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Tangradi is in a position where his value isn't that great & it's either going to get a lot of better or a lot worse depending how these next dozen games go.

Niskanen has turned into a heck of a player & a legitimate top 4 dman. We would want something like Bourque back if we are going to lose him.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
In that case, he might not be a top four in Boston. I was talking Montreal, which he would be.
I wouldn't dislodge Emelin for Niskanen personally, and I'm pretty sure most Habs fans would agree with me. It's not that Emelin is a much better hockey player, just that he brings something that is currently very scarce on the Habs top-6, let alone top-4.

Niskanen is redundant on the Habs and is pretty much the last type of player they should be looking for. Whether or not he looks good paired with Letang has no relevance whatsoever to the Habs' willingness in parting with substantial assets to get him.

I will give you that a Habs fan started this proposal, so I see your POV, but it is important to note the OP is not really good at this nor representative of most Habs fans around here.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Healthy Markov>Subban>Semi Healthy Markov>Gorges>Emelin>Diaz=Niskanen

Niskanen wouldn't crack our top 4 and he is a lateral move to Diaz who is really starting to break out offensively.

Would you trade Neal for Diaz? Then maybe stop with the ridiculous Niskanen for Patches talk.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:01 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Healthy Markov>Subban>Semi Healthy Markov>Gorges>Emelin>Diaz=Niskanen

Niskanen wouldn't crack our top 4 and he is a lateral move to Diaz who is really starting to break out offensively.

Would you trade Neal for Diaz? Then maybe stop with the ridiculous Niskanen for Patches talk.
You are utterly ridiculous and you fail to get the total point either. We aren't trading a top pairing Dman that works well with Letang for your garbage and marginal players. The only thing that would work is Subban who you wouldn't trade and I wouldn't want because he is a turd and Patches, who you wouldn't trade either. Not that Montreal should do either - no chance. It's not equal value, but its the closest thing to what Pittsburgh would want from your roster that would HELP. I wouldn't want anyone else on your roster. There is no trade here. The OP fails to figure that out.

Diaz for Neal is alot like me asking Tangradi for Subban.

And no, Diaz isn't equal to Niskanen. You must be blind if you think so. Agree to disagree.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 01-23-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 09:14 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Where the **** did Hemsky come from again? It`s like groundhog day with him in any vaguely Pens-related thread.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote