HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 09:46 PM
XX
Lots of Try

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
why bring him up when you know you are going to send him back down again? That's just bad for morale.
And what they did was good? The player wants a trade. An invite would at least give him a shot at showing what he can do. The Coyotes do suck at developing forwards, and that isn't magically going to get better under Tippett. Dallas fired him largely over his handling of Loui Eriksson. Boedker and Hanzal have only made it because they are defensively responsible guys.

Look at the short leash guys like Rundblad and Miele have. You can make an argument that those players undermine the system, but the system also undermines the future of the organization. If you are an average talent looking to get NHL time to develop, you aren't going to get it under Tippett.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
And what they did was good? The player wants a trade. An invite would at least give him a shot at showing what he can do. The Coyotes do suck at developing forwards, and that isn't magically going to get better under Tippett. Dallas fired him largely over his handling of Loui Eriksson. Boedker and Hanzal have only made it because they are defensively responsible guys.

Look at the short leash guys like Rundblad and Miele have. You can make an argument that those players undermine the system, but the system also undermines the future of the organization. If you are an average talent looking to get NHL time to develop, you aren't going to get it under Tippett.
I think we veered away from the topic a bit. This really isn't about the Coyotes afterall. I'm just saying, with the shortened season, and an even shorter training camp, your roster better be pretty much set the first day of camp. They had all they needed. We didn't with the Torres suspension, which is why we brought up two forwards to fight for that spot.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
His other linemates didn't do much better. Pandolfo had 3 pts in 62, Reasoner 6 in 61. Both with 1 goal each. 10 mins of TOI, average. The -29 is nice too. He had no business going 5th, but still.

19 goals, 17 pts in 39 games in the AHL. Good for top 10 in the AHL. Similar stats to Brett Connolly.
129 hits in 55 games averaging 10 minutes/game, has scoring potential. Big bruiser, shoot 1st type player. Wouldn't mind him on the Coyotes. Seems like a Tippet kinda guy!
Pretty much tells you what is wrong with the Islanders. Our 4th line is more productive in both zones. I can see the BJ's having interest, wanting to pair him up with Johansen.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
cobra427

Quote:

Dallas has not made the playoffs since then and the coyotes have made the playoffs every year since Tip arrived. Also, I would say, Tip has done more with less, because of his system based defense first approach. The Coyotes have over achieved for sure, especially last year. Runblad has to be responsible defensively for him to stick, he was -2, so he was sent down. Forwards have to be responsible too. I think next game stone plays and so does Schlemko, so they either play 7 or sit somebody else, Klesla, Yandle, we shall see.....

Old
01-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Most of last year but he only managed 1 goal and 0 assists in 55 games. That's pretty awful. I could see how Isles wanted him to stay in the AHL.
The way Islanders have mismanaged Nino is hilariously bad. Yeah, he only had one goal in 55 games playing on the fourth line with two really bad players. They shafted him completely last season and this one and Nino is completely in the right asking for a trade.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:28 AM
ducky

Too obvious. Rundblad for Niederreiter. Put him with Hanzal and Vrbata.

Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Nino - Hanzal - Vrbata

Pretty good top 6.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'm not too sure Dave Tippett would see it as all that obvious. Especially when Torres comes back.

Niederreiter spent most of last season as 4th line RW, so I guess he can play his off-wing. We know Korpikoski can do the same. Still, this means Tippett loses Chipchura. I'm not sure Tippett will love losing Chipchura for a 20 year old (even if that 20 year old weighs over two hundred pounds and was on better pace for hits than any forward on our team not named Hanzal or Doan).

Also, if you don't want Nino on that fourth line, it means Moss will be. I'm good with Torres-Gordon-Moss as the fourth unit. Would Tippett be good with that?

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Niederreiter-Hanzal-Vrbata
Sullivan-Lombardi-Korpikoski
Torres-Gordon-Moss
Chipchura
Bissonnette

Last edited by rt: 01-23-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old
01-23-2013, 03:34 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
The way Islanders have mismanaged Nino is hilariously bad. Yeah, he only had one goal in 55 games playing on the fourth line with two really bad players. They shafted him completely last season and this one and Nino is completely in the right asking for a trade.
So, last season when 19 yr old Nino was overwhelmed in the NHL, he was mismanaged ?

and

this season, when he's dominating in the AHL, but his team wants him to continue to play 20+ mins a game in all situations, so they left him in the AHL, he's again mismanaged ?

Old
01-23-2013, 03:38 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Too obvious. Rundblad for Niederreiter. Put him with Hanzal and Vrbata.

Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Nino - Hanzal - Vrbata

Pretty good top 6.
Gonna pass. Snow's not one to let the players dictate. He ignored Nabokov's let me go to a Cup contender plea, ignored Vis' I want to stay home and play plea and since Nino is signed to a contract and 5+ yrs from being a ufa, I expect he'll ignore Nino and his agent too. At until next season's training camp or injuries force a 2012-2013 AHL callup.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
So, last season when 19 yr old Nino was overwhelmed in the NHL, he was mismanaged ?

and

this season, when he's dominating in the AHL, but his team wants him to continue to play 20+ mins a game in all situations, so they left him in the AHL, he's again mismanaged ?
If he was overwhelmed he should have been sent back to junior.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
If he was overwhelmed he should have been sent back to junior.
I posted the same comments during his rookie season.

I could see if the argument was that Nino and his rep, were angry over his being in the nhl in 2011-2012, but Nino has made statements saying the opposite: he doesn't feel he had anything more to learn in juniors and is proud to have been an nhler.

Nino feels he's too good for the AHL at this point. But, Matt Donovan and Nelson are also having very strong ahl seasons. Shouldn't they also feel too good for the AHL?
They also didn't get NYI camp invites, with Snow wanting them logging 20+ mins a game in Bridgeport.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I think the problem is that he didn't even get a shot, despite being on the team last year.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Rutkowski

The reason he was on the team last year? Because Wang realized his caphit was 1.7m with bonuses, letting the team reach the floor. However, they put him on the fourth line so he wouldn't have a chance to reach any of those bonus clauses which mean that the team didn't have to pay all that money.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:03 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
The reason he was on the team last year? Because Wang realized his caphit was 1.7m with bonuses, letting the team reach the floor. However, they put him on the fourth line so he wouldn't have a chance to reach any of those bonus clauses which mean that the team didn't have to pay all that money.

Isles head coach was in the hot seat, worried about losing his job.

19 yr old Nino opened the season injured and after coming back, Cappy was in no mood to go through a 19 yr olds growing pains.

Isles would have loved a monster season from Nino, that would have pushed them towards a playoff spot.

I guess they tried keeping guys like Tavares and Okposo from hitting their bonuses too?

Old
01-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

Isles head coach was in the hot seat, worried about losing his job.

19 yr old Nino opened the season injured and after coming back, Cappy was in no mood to go through a 19 yr olds growing pains.

Isles would have loved a monster season from Nino, that would have pushed them towards a playoff spot.

I guess they tried keeping guys like Tavares and Okposo from hitting their bonuses too?
If he was worried about losing his job why would he put a great prospect on a dumpster fire line? And if they weren't in the mood to go through the growing pains why didn't they just send him down?

Old
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
And if they weren't in the mood to go through the growing pains why didn't they just send him down?
Nino wasn't AHL eligible at the time and couldn't be returned to his junior team, if I remember right. His salary helping them to the floor probably played a factor in him staying, no doubt. Putting him on a grind line is just silly though, and reeks of incompetence.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
If he was worried about losing his job why would he put a great prospect on a dumpster fire line? And if they weren't in the mood to go through the growing pains why didn't they just send him down?
Wang and Snow were willing to toss 19 yr old Nino into the fire, glad to use his caphit.

Cappy, however, was more concerned with getting as many wins as possible, avoiding getting fired.

And I'll repeat my earlier comment: Nino never expressed unhappiness with Nino making the NHL and being kept up last season. Just the opposite.

If the isles had Nino on this season's NHL roster, he'd be happy and quiet.

I'll post a translated interview from Nino's agent. Notice his Sbisa comments. He and Sbisa were unhappy when Sbisa was demoted. The reason he didn't step into that situation, was because he expected Carlyle to be fired.

Snow is not trading Nino because he and his agent are having a hissy fit.

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...aubt--30354469
You had a comparable, but not as dramatic situation with Luca Sbisa. Sbisa too got relegated to the farm team, even though he was way too good for that. But you didn’t do anything back then.
This situation was different: I knew that the problem was Randy Carlyle, whose time was basically up with Anaheim. Luca Sbisa was highly regarded by the GM and we simply had to wait, until Carlyle was fired.

What are you going to do now?
We’ll see. I’ll have some tough negotiations with GM Garth Snow when Nino’s contract is over in two years, anyway. I want Nino Niederreiter on a team, that believes in him and that gives him a chance. It doesn’t matter if this team is the New York Islanders or a different team.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Are you guys still interested in a centre?

If Smith is hurt, would you be interested a package around a goalie+centre prospect (Bishop+Da Costa, maybe + (depending on return))?

The Sens would be interested in a defenceman, particularly Stone, Rundblad, Yandle, or Michalek

Old
01-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Fellas, I'd like to get Jaskin from St. Louis, I'd like to see him and Samuelsson on the same line sometime in the future.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Fellas, I'd like to get Jaskin from St. Louis, I'd like to see him and Samuelsson on the same line sometime in the future.
I'd like to steal their scout. Man they have tons of young forward talent.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
I'd like to steal their scout. Man they have tons of young forward talent.
I know...they do have a stable full of promising prospects.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Whelp, I guess we need to re-open this thread. Lombardi is going to miss half the season, and I think we need to replace him. Torres to some random team for a pick, and that pick for Connolly with half his salary retained? Some major package for ROR? How about this insane idea; Niederreiter and Nielsen for Torres and Yandle?

Sullivan-Vermette-Doan
Korpikoski-Hanzal-Vrbata
Niederreiter-Nielsen-Boedker
Chipchura-Gordon-Johnson
Bissonnette

OEL-Morris
Klesla-Michalek
Schlemko-Stone
Rundblad

Meh, I don't like panic trades. Just tossing around recycled ideas with known rumors.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:18 PM
hbk

we'll just sign langkow.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:36 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Whelp, I guess we need to re-open this thread. Lombardi is going to miss half the season, and I think we need to replace him. Torres to some random team for a pick, and that pick for Connolly with half his salary retained? Some major package for ROR? How about this insane idea; Niederreiter and Nielsen for Torres and Yandle?

Meh, I don't like panic trades. Just tossing around recycled ideas with known rumors.
Not a fan of selling low on Yandle. Even if he keeps up the gaffs at least wait till he puts up distractingly pretty offensive numbers.

How about Weiss?
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...-stephen-weiss

Part of the problem I see with the Yotes trade possibilities is, it seems we can only either make the BIG move or the small one this season. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Vermette type deals to be found for the assets we have. Sure we could probably move Yandle for some package, or trade a few picks; but we don't have the mid level talent to move for other mid level talent. It's really annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
we'll just sign langkow.
At league minimum, what the hell. We need a warm body in here.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
we'll just sign langkow.
I'd expect either size or speed. Langkow brings neither.

Closed Thread