HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 5.0 - The "Doughty Money Vs. Lowball Bridge" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 10:21 AM
DenverHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

It is sad when someone's enthusiasm has to be muted.
That's something that always annoyed me about the Habs. Jeremy Roenick would have been traded within a couple of years if he played here, depite being an incredible warrior.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Best advice he got so far was to stop Tweeting crap. Next bit of advice is to stop behaving like a prima dona and get back on the ice with his team. If he does not accept the contract currently on the table, whatever it is within a week I say trade him. He'll net us something good.

Yeah, those "crap" tweets about Martin Luther King had to stop.

How is he a prima donna? And quote real instances, not just "I heard he threw a towel on the ground a few years ago"

Old
01-23-2013, 10:24 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He's 23yrs old...he's not supposed to be there already

Man, reading some posts (not yours specifically), listening to the radio/TV...it's ridiculous how much hate Subban gets

The character assasination of PK Subban rolls on...
Yet he wants the big long-term contract....so PK thinks he's there to some degree. I thing this fuels the hate.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Yet he wants the big long-term contract....so PK thinks he's there to some degree. I thing this fuels the hate.
We know he wants long-term. We don't know how big. There's no reason to hate at this point.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:28 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Oh yeah? Which big long term contract is that? Could you provide a source? I'd like to read about it.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Yeah, those "crap" tweets about Martin Luther King had to stop.

How is he a prima donna? And quote real instances, not just "I heard he threw a towel on the ground a few years ago"
B. Raymond is not my favorite guy but you can read this if you like. I think he makes some valid points the fanboys here will of course discredit. Truth is PK is annoying and the current situation could have been avoided in my opinion. He dug himself a hole so now he can just lay in it. No matter how much he thinks he's worth there's no reason for not playing, especially after a lockout.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355163.html

Old
01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Lshap

First of all, comparing Subban to Markov is totally ridiculous. They have two completely different physical styles and skill sets. Let's just be happy we can enjoy both (hopefully) at the same time for a little while longer.

Second thing: trading Subban out of frustration is the worst move the Habs could make. It's all about getting, paying and keeping the best assets. Subban is an asset we need to keep. If we trade him because of yet another case of franchise ADHD, we may as well start kicking ourselves now.

That said, we have no idea how far apart the two sides are and what agendas are actually in play. Despite all his sound-bites to the contrary, it is possible PK secretly wants out.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Oh yeah? Which big long term contract is that? Could you provide a source? I'd like to read about it.
Look. Of course nobody knows the offers on the table but who the hell would not show up to camp, miss the opener, miss the team photo if the only think they want is a 3 year 9M contract. Nobody.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Look. Of course nobody knows the offers on the table
Oh, no way! I thought you actually had a number, or other facts on which to base your opinion. My mistake.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
B. Raymond is not my favorite guy but you can read this if you like. I think he makes some valid points the fanboys here will of course discredit. Truth is PK is annoying and the current situation could have been avoided in my opinion. He dug himself a hole so now he can just lay in it. No matter how much he thinks he's worth there's no reason for not playing, especially after a lockout.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355163.html
Bertrand makes little sense in that article. It shows he's a baseball guy and doesn't know what he's talking about. This is what he considers to be a prima donna?

P.K., lui, est malheureusement passé à autre chose. Son carnet mondain le tient très occupé. Il est flamboyant quand il se présente à des événements sportifs. Il assiste à des spectacles avec ses chums. Il explique la météo au petit écran. Il signe des contrats de publicité. Bref, il s'occupe de lui d'abord.

So, he is flamboyant, he goes to concerts with his friends, he gets paid to do commercials and *gasp* he did the weather on CTV!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Such a prima donna!

I said real examples, not some confused rant by an old baseball reporter.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Go cheer for some drones, you heartless moron.
Sorry, but I just can't feel sympathy for Subban right now. Why would he deserve any. His on strike when he could have to opportunity to become a multi millionaire. I have no sympathy for Benn and Reilly either.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Oh, no way! I thought you actually had a number, or other facts on which to base your opinion. My mistake.
Nobody has any facts yet there's opposing opinions. We've had 100s of pages of opposing opinions. If you can't deal with mine, or those that share my view, just don't follow the thread.

Last edited by onebighockeyfan: 01-23-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old
01-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
I new the fanboys would disagree!
You "new" that?

He doesn't give one valid example as to why someone can wrongly assume he's a prima donna. His "examples" are pathetic and baseless.

If you swallow that crap, I have a bridge to sell you real cheap.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:39 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I new the fanboys would disagree!
Most of these things happened during the lockout, when he couldn't negotiate with the Habs anyway. What should he have done?

These appearances and publicity contracts are source of income to him. He should renege?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

These appearances and publicity contracts are source of income to him. He should renege?
But...but...but...PK went to a concert....WITH FRIENDS!!!

Such a diva!

Old
01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Most of these things happened during the lockout, when he couldn't negotiate with the Habs anyway. What should he have done?

No, he can do what he wants and people can make their opinion based on what he does.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
But...but...but...PK went to a concert....WITH FRIENDS!!!

Such a diva!
So... he is... a human being?!

Old
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

Quote:
Then what was that?
It means that we finished 15th with Subban in the lineup. I don't see where all the blame goes on Subban!

Old
01-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
No, he can do what he wants and people can make their opinion based on what he does.
So according to you (via Bertrand), he's a prima donna because he went to a concert with friends, gets paid to do publicity and hosted the weather on CTV ? Those are... phenomenally stupid reasons to think someone is a diva, but I digress.

What about him going to Haiti after the earthquake? His charity that pays for hockey equipment for under privileged kids? Or his constant trips to hospitals to spend time with sick children?

Do those not equate? Or does going to a concert with friends render those acts moot?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:45 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Nobody has any facts yet there's opposing opinions. We've had 100s of pages of opposing opinions. If you can't deal with mine, or those that share my view, just don't follow the thread.
No. Here's the difference between you and me. You are demonizing someone based on 0 evidence whatsoever.

So instead of simply avoiding your idiotic opinions, I'll show them for what they are.

It's been very nice making you look silly. Do you think you might reevaluate your approach to the situation, or do you think that baseless hate with 0 supporting evidence for your "arguments" is still the way to go?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
So... he is... a human being?!

He also tweeted about Martin Luther King, that terrible prima donna!

I'm glad Meehan put an end to those terrible tweets.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
No, he isn't. He's looking for the best possible deal. Again, it's business.
What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

There are what three RFA still not playing out of what 700 players? PK belongs on the ice in front of the fans who are paying his salary. I suppose I blame Meehan more than PK though.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
You "new" that?

He doesn't give one valid example as to why someone can wrongly assume he's a prima donna. His "examples" are pathetic and baseless.

If you swallow that crap, I have a bridge to sell you real cheap.
You are right. He probably also made up the quote of one player saying it's quiet with him gone. And Martin was wrong to bench him 4 games. Subban can do no wrong. He's not flamboyant. He's not annoying at all, hes a role model. I also think that the players that have stepped up in the past to voice some concerns about PK's attitude are all lying and picking on him for no reason. Also, the 3-4 incidents where he traded blows at practice with his teamates is probably not because he's a prima dona or annoying. It's the other guys that are jealous of him because he's so good.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
....unbelievable. Seeking fair value for one's services is indeed a soulless pursuit.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
What does he do exactly? Watch basketball games? Make a few appearances on TV? Hang out with his friends? Workout?

****, pretty normal if you ask me. Except for being on TV, but he would still be if he played, so it doesn't really matter.

Closed Thread