Old
01-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
January 23

Bruins have started season with a bang behind Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara
WILMINGTON — The 2-0 Bruins will be in New York Wednesday to face the 0-2 Rangers, and the math alone makes Boston coach Claude Julien think it will be an intense evening at Madison Square Garden.

“I don’t think — I know they will,’’ said Julien, figuring that the winless Broadway Blueshirts will be a particularly ornery lot. “When you are put in that position and you are the type of team that they are, we expect nothing but their best game out of them.’’

“We know our fans,’’ Lucic said after a brief practice Tuesday morning, “and they like that Big, Bad Bruins style.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...EzN/story.html

B’s travel familiar road .
WILMINGTON — It wasn’t even necessary to complete the question for Shawn Thornton.

“Looking ahead to (tonight),” he was asked, “the Rangers . . .”

“Are going to be extremely hard to play against?” said Thornton, jumping in to respond. “Yes, I would say so.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin..._familiar_road

Dennis Seidenberg skates; Brad Marchand sits .
Seidenberg was back on the ice with his team for practice yesterday at Ristuccia Arena, looking no worse for wear.
“He practiced, so that gives you the idea that he’s pretty close,” coach Claude Julien said. “It’s still a day-to-day situation.”

Absent from practice was winger Brad Marchand. Jay Pandolfo took Marchand’s place alongside Patrice Bergeron and Tyler Seguin.

“It’s just maintenance in his case,” Julien said. “Whenever there’s something that requires maintenance for the next day, we’ll see a lot of that.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin..._marchand_sits

..Boston Bruins visit New York Rangers, hoping to extend perfect start...
WILMINGTON — Funny how quickly the story changes.

There was, and is, plenty of talk this shortened NHL season about the importance of a good start, avoiding slumps, and so on. So when the Bruins achieve the former, partly at the expense of the New York Rangers, who have far experienced the opposite, it must make the Rangers plenty worried about the 0-2-0 record they carry into tonight’s visit from the B’s (7:30 p.m., NBC Sports Network, WBZ-FM/98.5), right?

“Oh, I don’t know,” said winger Shawn Thornton, whose fight with New York winger Mike Rupp helped re-ignite the Bruins’ momentum in Saturday night’s season-opening, 3-1 win over the Rangers. “It’s only two games in, so I don’t think anybody should be hitting the panic button.

“They’re a good team over there – a really good team.”

http://www.patriotledger.com/mobile/...-perfect-start

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Scotto74

love some of the stuff from Chara in that first article. He is a great captain and that is another reason why.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:38 AM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
“I have to protect Dougie,’’ said Chara. “We all have to make sure he’s comfortable. That’s not just me, but the whole team. And that’s not just because he’s a rookie — which isn’t a term I like to use anyway — but, with [Wheeler] that was sort of, ‘OK, if you’re going to do that, we’re going to say something.’ And so I showed him at the red line.’’

“I just like to call them teammates,’’ he said. “All of them. It’s one of my unwritten rules. I like to treat everybody on the team the same way.

“If you say ‘rookie,’ then to me that can give the feeling that he’s less than anyone else. Why? Just because it’s his first year? No way. He has all the same rights as everyone else.

“And I’ve told him that. I’ve said, ‘Listen, don’t be intimidated because I’m your partner. If we’re out there and you see something, and you think we need to correct it, then say it.’ ’’

Best in the league.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Ksyrium

thanks for the morning reading, Wally

Ksyrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
“I have to protect Dougie,’’ said Chara. “We all have to make sure he’s comfortable. That’s not just me, but the whole team. And that’s not just because he’s a rookie — which isn’t a term I like to use anyway — but, with [Wheeler] that was sort of, ‘OK, if you’re going to do that, we’re going to say something.’ And so I showed him at the red line.’’

“I just like to call them teammates,’’ he said. “All of them. It’s one of my unwritten rules. I like to treat everybody on the team the same way.

“If you say ‘rookie,’ then to me that can give the feeling that he’s less than anyone else. Why? Just because it’s his first year? No way. He has all the same rights as everyone else.

“And I’ve told him that. I’ve said, ‘Listen, don’t be intimidated because I’m your partner. If we’re out there and you see something, and you think we need to correct it, then say it.’ ’’

Best in the league.
I love Z's attitude, great great captain.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I love Z's attitude, great great captain.
Agreed...and he has been since the beginning. Its a shame so many people scapegoated him as a poor leader during his early years here. Easily the best FA signing that I can remember.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:10 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Agreed...and he has been since the beginning. Its a shame so many people scapegoated him as a poor leader during his early years here. Easily the best FA signing that I can remember.

Its incredible to look back and wonder what Ottawa was thinking signing Redden to big money and letting Chara walk.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Scotto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Its incredible to look back and wonder what Ottawa was thinking signing Redden to big money and letting Chara walk.
Ottawa was thinking when they did that?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

Best in the league.
But, but... Felger said he should be stripped of the "C"!

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Scotto74

I remember debating on here about Chara's leadership not all that long ago.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Going to read the entire article now..but wow.

Not only Felger, but I said it a couple of times a few years ago. But he's changed and grown stronger as a Capt. of this team and it really shows.
I don't think Zee has changed. I think what's changed is people's perception of him.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:22 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Oh I know my perception of him has changed, but I truly believe he has grown wearing the C.
QFT. This is a role he has grown into, and is doing an incredible job as a captain now.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote