HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester to any Eastern Conference team

Old
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
The problem with moving Bouwmeester is we would need a piece back that helps us down the road.

Most of the proposals so far dont do that. If we can't get said piece I think we will just hang onto him.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

vCash: 500
what are the priorities for Calgary in any return ? forwards, D, goalie, prospects? picks?

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:04 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
The problem with moving Bouwmeester is we would need a piece back that helps us down the road.

Most of the proposals so far dont do that. If we can't get said piece I think we will just hang onto him.
Hence the problem due to his Cap hit.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:35 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Gustaffson, 1st 2014 for Jaybo. I'd do it if I'm the flyers, he's the exact type of defensemen we lack right now.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

id actually like to know this

what are the priorities for Calgary in any return ? forwards, D, goalie, prospects? picks?

Old
01-23-2013, 11:22 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

I wrote this a few weeks ago-- and a few people here have alluded to it: If Calgary at half of the cap hit/salary, such that the team acquiring J-Bo would have him on the books next year for a 3.3M cap hit, then I think you'd find a number of suitors in the East willing to give up decent assets.

At 6.6M, nobody is going to bite, not where the cap is next year. The more Calgary eats, the more interested suitors and the bigger the return. At 3.3M, I think you'd actually get a decent hockey trade, because warts and regression notwithstanding, I think a lot of hockey teams will see value in J-Bo at a 3.3M hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Gustaffson, 1st 2014 for Jaybo. I'd do it if I'm the flyers, he's the exact type of defensemen we lack right now.
Do you want him on your books next year for 6.6M? That's just over 10% of your cap space on J-Bo. As a Pens fan, I really do hope you do want that, but I doubt Homer goes for that. If Calgary ate 1/2 or close to that of the salary, then I could see that type of offer. But, not J-Bo at full cap hit . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
SeriousHabs

Calgary eats at least 50% of his cap or they accept an awful contract in return. A $6.7M cap hit on a $64.3M salary cap will deter almost all teams.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Giordano has been just as bad if not worse to start the year I wouldn't move him yet.
Exactly. Two games in (under a new system, with 70% of the team having not played this season) is hardly the time to have a knee-jerk reaction and make a panic trade. Or has the Phaneuf fiasco already been forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
If the Flames find themselves in a position that Bouwmeester would be traded (and keeping part of his salary / cap hit may be an option to up the return) a top four defenseman is required to fill in the massive hole left by his departure, and a blue chip prospect who'd be NHL ready as soon as next season.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Exactly. Two games in (under a new system, with 70% of the team having not played this season) is hardly the time to have a knee-jerk reaction and make a panic trade. Or has the Phaneuf fiasco already been forgotten?

If the Flames find themselves in a position that Bouwmeester would be traded (and keeping part of his salary / cap hit may be an option to up the return) a top four defenseman is required to fill in the massive hole left by his departure, and a blue chip prospect who'd be NHL ready as soon as next season.
oh, yikes. well ill bow out on Ottawa's behalf

Old
01-23-2013, 11:55 AM
tfong

Wings (not eastern team)

Can prob do Kindl, 2nd, Emmerton at this point I think.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:55 AM
jeromeo87

McBain, Boychuk, 2nd for Bouwmeester

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Winnipeg probably isn't interested given the description you have of him, as well as his age and salary compared to our roster.

He could be a heck of a partner for Bogosian though if he just made, uh, half his salary.

Sucks for the flames, I wanted to sign him as a nucks fan back in the day. Some guys just dont have that fire in them. It's no wonder he hasn't been injured pretty much ever...

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Perro

I wouldn't mind LA (I know not East) picking him up if Calgary will retain some of his Cap Hit. Even at full hit I think they can fit him in next year.
TO CGY: Bernier, Lokitinov

With kipper getting older would be nice for Calgary to finally have a decent back up. Some Flames fans think they have that in Romo, but thought I would put it out there.
Lokitinov would provide add som centre depth which Calgary Needs

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
Why would any of those teams need the ineffective D-man that you describe? And at a large cap hit no less!
Because JayBo is a smooth skating dman with a long reach and even though he refrains from physical contact he knows how to pokecheck. Plus hes the leagues ironman and has been for the past 10 seasons.

Quote:
As much of a dick move as I thought it was when Keenan broke Sarich's streak by benching him, they should sit Bouwmeester and get this damn Ironman streak out of his mind. Maybe then he'll start playing like a D-man and not like a ballerina.
This made me laugh so hard

Last edited by Puckgenius*: 01-23-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Langdon Alger*

If I'm Jay Feaster - and for the record, I'm not - Bouwmeester is the asset I'm shopping right now. Boatloads of teams are looking for d-men, and I'd be doing all I could to maximize Bouw's value before teams can't wait anymore and dip into the UFA pool.

Shop him aggressively, say you'll retain half the cap hit, and watch the offers roll in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
I would move Giordano before jbo, at least jbo can somewhat handle top 2 minutes
I wouldn't. Giordano's outperformed Bouwmeester each year they've played with Calgary, has a cheaper contract, and is signed long-term.

Last edited by Langdon Alger*: 01-23-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Toronto would be glad to give you the preferred customer rate

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
no way in hell will a team give you a top 4 d + a blue chipper, for the privilege of getting back, a top 4 defenseman that looks like bill gates, is as soff as bill gates, and has the same salary as bill gates.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post

I wouldn't. Giordano's outperformed Bouwmeester each year they've played with Calgary, has a cheaper contract, and is signed long-term.
And Gio actually hits and is a leader in the locker room. This guy should be wearing the flames A, not Jay. How Jay is wearing an A is beyond me, the guy avoids cameras and all media. Ive always wondered how vocal a guy like Jay is in the lockerroom, I cant imagine him being night and day different from the media.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:11 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I wouldn't mind LA (I know not East) picking him up if Calgary will retain some of his Cap Hit. Even at full hit I think they can fit him in next year.

With kipper getting older would be nice for Calgary to finally have a decent back up. Some Flames fans think they have that in Romo, but thought I would put it out there.
I'd do this.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I'd do this.
Lets get Lombardi and Feaster on the phone.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
And Gio actually hits and is a leader in the locker room. This guy should be wearing the flames A, not Jay. How Jay is wearing an A is beyond me, the guy avoids cameras and all media. Ive always wondered how vocal a guy like Jay is in the lockerroom, I cant imagine him being night and day different from the media.
FWIW Gio has an A as well.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Perro

delete

Last edited by Perro: 01-23-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: already posted
Old
01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post

Thats a pretty good offer...I guess it would allow us to move Kipper for a young D as well...id be tempted.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
bert

Bishop, Phillips Puemple for J Bo from the sens.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
REM17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
How about something around:

To

Volchenkov
+

To

Bouwmeester

Bouwmeester could come live in relative obscurity in NJ and possibly find his game again, whereas the flames get a hard hitting physical defender who blocks a ton of shots; both have fairly large contracts, although Bouwmeesters is probably a little worse at least in the short term. Devils have the space though; what else would Calgary want?
as a devils fan this looks appealing to me

REM17 is offline   Reply With Quote