HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Game #3| Jan. 22, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET pt II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
  #201
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Coatsey would sugarcoat a 3 car pileup ...not surprising. I have noticed that apart from Tocchet the media brass for the Flyers is being kind of cautious about leveling too much criticism.....
Probably cause G just got the C and no one wants another Richards situation where everyone questions the teams leadership when it doesn't perform. That's my guess

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
  #202
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
Therien and Saunders probably have some fantastic rants about this team.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
  #203
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Bryzgalov isn't the problem, not by a long shot, but for him to be worth the money he's getting paid he's going to have to be able to hold down the fort in a game where they aren't that sharp early.
i understand if bryz wants to be gone to better team, i wont blame him because this team is pathetic, getting rid of harnell, briere, and jake will free alot of money to fix the defense and sign fa's to fix the top two lines with giroux.

it's major mess right now.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
  #204
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i understand if bryz wants to be gone to better team, i wont blame him because this team is pathetic, getting rid of harnell and briere will free alot of money to fix the defense and sign fa's to fix the top two lines with giroux.

it's major mess right now.
Why are you so rabidly intent on hauling out Hartnell? Have you failed to notice he's been a key component on each of our best lines for 3 seasons now?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
  #205
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Why are you so rabidly intent on hauling out Hartnell? Have you failed to notice he's been a key component on each of our best lines for 3 seasons now?
only because he was great one season? the other seasons he's been an average player, it's not worth keeping him not for the contract. im sick of fan favorites stuff, when is it ever about whether the guy can actually score goals, not about his image?

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
  #206
MrHockey1982
Registered User
 
MrHockey1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Why are you so rabidly intent on hauling out Hartnell? Have you failed to notice he's been a key component on each of our best lines for 3 seasons now?
I think he's new around here. Hartnell had 37 goals and was an all-star last year my friend.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
  #207
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
only because he was great one season? the other seasons he's been an average player, it's not worth keeping him not for the contract.
Were you watching the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line?

There's nothing wrong with his contract. The cap has gone up a LOT since it was signed. His cap hit is perfectly in line with what players of his level make. Considering the contracts signed in the last year or two, he's actually a bit of a bargain.

Edit: his cap hit is 4.2 million. That's a bargain.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:09 PM
  #208
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Whatever line Hartnell plays on his linemates seem to always play their best hockey. He can hit, agitate, score and pass. What more do you want in a hockey player? The dude also can't stay on his skates so he loves to crash into goalies. I only wish he did that against the Devils. Can't stand the flopping around that goalie does!

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
  #209
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
I think he's new around here. Hartnell had 37 goals and was an all-star last year my friend.
what has he done now? not last year, not the year before, right now?

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
  #210
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
Toughfighter, you're always going on about how the team is soft and needs more grit. Yet here you are saying we should trade a huge chunk of our grit away. I don't follow the logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
what has he done now? not last year, not the year before, right now?
It's been THREE GAMES. That really can't be emphasized enough.

Should we trade Giroux, Timonen, Coburn, B. Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds, Read, Talbot, Leighton, and Fedotenko while we're at it? I mean, they haven't done anything. Let's trade Briere too! He's been completely invisible

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:13 PM
  #211
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Toughfighter, you're always going on about how the team is soft and needs more grit. Yet here you are saying we should trade a huge chunk of our grit away. I don't follow the logic.



It's been THREE GAMES. That really can't be emphasized enough.
stop with bs excuses, what has he done offensively right now?

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:14 PM
  #212
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
what has he done now? not last year, not the year before, right now?
He has been playing very physical. Even when he isn't scoring he does the little things. I am still curious as to what you want with this team. You want more team defense and more grit yet you want to get rid of the players that bring that in Hartnell and Couts. I understand your argument on Lavy because he doesn't change up his scheme when it isn't working against a specific team, but this doesn't make sense on wanting to get rid of those players.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:14 PM
  #213
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
stop with bs excuses, what has he done offensively right now?
Three. Games. What has anyone done so far? Should we trade the entire team?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
  #214
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Three. Games. What has anyone done so far? Should we trade the entire team?
if i was the gm and find better players that can score goals then yes accept giroux, courts, and laughton. you dont want to hear rebuild, you want to keep the same team because you are jealous of the kings, well this is not a cup team, it's not the way you build a cup team.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
  #215
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
if i was the gm and find better players that can score goals then yes accept giroux, courts, and laughton. you dont want to hear rebuild, you want to keep the same team because you are jealous of the kings, well this is not a cup team, it's not the way you build a cup team.
You do know not all goal scorers are good with team defense that you always preach right? It has been three games and the offense will come around. Especially when Briere comes back.

I would say nearly every team out there is jealous of the Kings. Doughty, Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Carter then role players in Stoll, Williams and Mitchell. That is a great team.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
  #216
MrHockey1982
Registered User
 
MrHockey1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
if i was the gm and find better players that can score goals then yes accept giroux, courts, and laughton. you dont want to hear rebuild, you want to keep the same team because you are jealous of the kings, well this is not a cup team, it's not the way you build a cup team.

Are you actually a Flyers fan?

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
  #217
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
if i was the gm and find better players that can score goals then yes accept giroux, courts, and laughton. you dont want to hear rebuild, you want to keep the same team because you are jealous of the kings, well this is not a cup team, it's not the way you build a cup team.
What the hell are you talking about? How do you decide I'm jealous of the Kings? What part of any of my posts suggests the slightest thing? I think you're looking in the mirror.

Why do you suddenly want to keep Couturier? Why do you suddenly want to trade Hartnell, despite believing the team needs more grit and better defense? You do know that Hartnell is one of our more defensively responsible forwards, right?

Why does this team have to be rebuilt after three games?

Hell, if we're gonna go nuclear with this, let's keep following your logic. Since apparently this team is never going to be good again, and everyone but three players needs to be traded, it's pretty clear the GM has done a terrible job. So let's fire Holmgren. Then we should fire Luuko for keeping Homer around. Then Snider and Comcast should just fold the team and start over again from scratch, because clearly they'll never win with any roster, just because they haven't won recently. Clearly.


Do tell me what your moves as GM would be. Tell me how you trade everyone but three players and not only IMPROVE the team, but manage to field a full roster without completely draining our already empty prospect pool, while staying under the cap.

Edit: It's stunning that you constantly throw Schenn, Read and Couturier under the bus for being young and unproven. Yet Laughton is the one you want to keep??? Really? He's the youngest and most unproven guy on the team.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
  #218
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,462
vCash: 50
As far as the game goes, it was all pretty bad, but I was pleasantly surprised by L. Schenn and Gervais. Gervais looked like a decent puckmover and Schenn even made some nice outlet passes while still playing pretty physical.

Also, if Schenn is suspended, then Tootoo needs to get something for the hit in the Dallas game last night. Either way, it's complete BS that he's even getting a call from the league.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.
flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:35 PM
  #219
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
if i was the gm and find better players that can score goals then yes accept giroux, courts, and laughton. you dont want to hear rebuild, you want to keep the same team because you are jealous of the kings, well this is not a cup team, it's not the way you build a cup team.
Thank God you are not the GM.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:37 PM
  #220
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
What the hell are you talking about? How do you decide I'm jealous of the Kings? What part of any of my posts suggests the slightest thing? I think you're looking in the mirror.
because the players we got back from the kings and columbus, you want them to be like carter, richards, and gagne, they are nothing like them. plus with hartnell, he's not a top 4 player no matter what he did last year, years before that, he was an average player, he did nothing in playoffs last year.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
  #221
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
One things for sure, TF83 is right about this not being how you build a Cup team. Our defense doesn't match our system in the slightest. One has to think Lavi is on the hot seat.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
  #222
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Thank God you are not the GM.
thank god you are not either

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
  #223
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
stop with bs excuses, what has he done offensively right now?
His pass was the only reason Giroux scored against Pitt, pretty sure he was the one who went the pass that would have sprung him if it had not been called offside. To discount Hartnell's Philly career and to suggest he be shipped off after 3 games is just silly though Giroux looked horrendous last night, and that was before he let him emotions get the better of him. Should they trade him to?

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:41 PM
  #224
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
because the players we got back from the kings and columbus, you want them to be like carter, richards, and gagne, they are nothing like them. plus with hartnell, he's not a top 4 player no matter what he did last year, years before that, he was an average player, he did nothing in playoffs last year.
Hartnell had 8 points in 11 playoff games, and you think that's nothing?

I have no idea what "you want them to be like carter, richards, and gagne, they are nothing like them." means. I DON'T want them to be like those players. I want them to be themselves. Right now, they aren't being themselves. They aren't helped by the sophomore slump, which is a statistically proven thing if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they can overcome that.

Stop telling me what I believe or think. It's amazingly clear you don't have the slightest idea what I think. You tell me I believe something, and then you argue it...when in fact I don't believe it. That's a crap discussion tactic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman

Edit: Hartnell was 5th on the team in points in the playoffs. That's nothing, apparently.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
  #225
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
because the players we got back from the kings and columbus, you want them to be like carter, richards, and gagne, they are nothing like them. plus with hartnell, he's not a top 4 player no matter what he did last year, years before that, he was an average player, he did nothing in playoffs last year.
8 points in 11 games but you're right he did nothing lol lol lol

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.