TD Garden Parking: $34

Old
01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
so true- and if the Bruins got eliminated in the 7th game against Montreal (thank you Chara's skate on Cammelleri's series clinching shot- not) the Bruins would be Cupless, probably not selling out and ticket prices and parking would be lower.

My guess is season ticket holders can park for $15

price of success

before the Claude-era they were giving out Bruins tickets if you bought a 5 game pack for Providence (and tickets could be lodge glass), they gave tickets to people in line at the Carnival....I'm sure if they sucked parking would be cheap

They win another Cup $32 will look like a bargain (especially with the Celtics looking like they may be ready to return to tough times)
No **** right ! Celtics are already there DKH and if the B's bring home another 34.5 piece of metal this summer , then will we see parking under the ice for $45 - $50 ......I will have to ride my mountain bike in or learn how to use a skateboard

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:29 AM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Any high end business man like Mr.Jacobs that creates tons of jobs, not only in Boston but in North America.

Mr.Jacobs also pays fortunes in taxes to the city of Boston, Mass, US....

Mr.Jacobs like any high end business man on occasion will have a good deal from the city, state, country for their past and future contributions.

From that 9M in revenue Mr.Jacobs will pay half to the city in taxes.
Not sure how many jobs the parking garage will create - in fact I think they reduced the number of jobs since now its all automated and there will be no cashiers collecting money....more profit that way I guess. Just a guess here but $9M revenue and $1.65M lease subtract say 50% for taxes etc and Mr Jacobs is still clearing over $2.5M. No too shabby.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Seidenbergy

Why on Earth would he be paying 50% in taxes on land he is leasing?

Seidenbergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Not sure how many jobs the parking garage will create - in fact I think they reduced the number of jobs since now its all automated and there will be no cashiers collecting money....more profit that way I guess. Just a guess here but $9M revenue and $1.65M lease subtract say 50% for taxes etc and Mr Jacobs is still clearing over $2.5M. No too shabby.
Look at the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
Why on Earth would he be paying 50% in taxes on
land he is leasing?
Google hides nothing from you.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
beaverjc

I say 50% taxes as a gross exaggeration to show he could even make a ton of profit it that was the tax rate. Leasing to JJ has actually cost jobs not created them since a machine now does the collecting of money.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Google hides nothing from you.
Google? I don't know what that proves, but ok. I'm talking about NEW taxes for the parking garage lease. NOT the taxes he was already paying. Google isn't going to break that down.

It's a lease with machines and no new employees to worry about....as others have pointed out, so that means:

$0 in new real estate taxes.
$0 in new withholding/liability/general employment taxes related to any new employees, as there are none.

He's probably getting taxed on the profits at around $10-20%.....at best. The guy has a sweetheart deal. He wouldn't have signed on the dotted line for any other reason.

Seidenbergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Don't plan on shuttle service from the Charlestown 99 on game days

Last night's game...

I've seen posted on the board several times in the past few years that you can go to the 99 in Charlestown before a game, eat, and grab a shuttle right from their parking lot to the Garden. You then get the same free shuttle back to their lot after the game.

I took my family of 5 to the game last night. I figured I'd call ahead an make sure this was still going on before we got stuck last minute. My wife called on the 90 minute drive down and talked to someone at the restaurant. She was told with each paid entree you got free shuttle service. The shuttle leaves twice before the game (at 6:15 and 6:45) and again after the game back to the restaurant- 15 mins after game and 30 mins after.

We got there at 5:25. Decent food and fast service. We were thinking we probably wouldn't have time to catch the 6:15 shuttle. But if we got the food fast, we could possibly still make it. As my 3 kids really like to watch warm ups. So we get the food in less than 15 mins. We're all finished eating at 6:10. The kids are excited to leave for warm ups. We ask our server if there's a specific spot in the parking lot we should wait for the shuttle or if we could just wait inside somewhere since it was pretty cold. Our server is confused and tells us she doesn't think they offer any shuttle service to the game but she'd check with her manager. 5 mins later she come back (6:15). At this point we're thinking we're probably gonna miss the shuttle. The manager explains to us the shuttle no longer leaves from their parking lot. It moved to a spot somewhere else in Charlestown. Apparently people were parking in the Whole Foods parking lot close by and using he shuttle service. So Whole Food got the shuttle moved.

It's still a great affordable option for dinner. As we fed 5 people with drinks and tip for $74. That included a decent margarita and a 23 ounce premium beer. We left fat and full. I think we all would have gotten a hot dog and a soda at the Garden for the same price per person.

We ended up having to do my usual and make a quick drive over to the Nautica Garage and pay $7 for parking. It was a frigid walk. But worth saving $100 on food and parking to get similar service in or around the Garden. Unfortunately we got to the ice right as warm ups ended.

Last edited by Looch: 09-25-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:34 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Last night's game...

I've seen posted on the board several times in the past few years that you can go to the 99 in Charlestown before a game, eat, and grab a shuttle right from their parking lot to the Garden. You then get the same free shuttle back to their lot after the game.

I took my family of 5 to the game last night. I figured I'd call ahead an make sure this was still going on before we got stuck last minute. My wife called on the 90 minute drive down and talked to someone at the restaurant. She was told with each paid entree you got free shuttle service. The shuttle leaves twice before the game (at 6:15 and 6:45) and again after the game back to the restaurant- 15 mins after game and 30 mins after.

We got there at 5:25. Decent food and fast service. We were thinking we probably wouldn't have time to catch the 6:15 shuttle. But if we got the food fast, we could possibly still make it. As my 3 kids really like to watch warm ups. So we get the food in less than 15 mins. We're all finished eating at 6:10. The kids are excited to leave for warm ups. We ask our server if there's a specific spot in the parking lot we should wait for the shuttle or if we could just wait inside somewhere since it was pretty cold. Our server is confused and tells us she doesn't think they offer any shuttle service to the game but she'd check with her manager. 5 mins later she come back (6:15). At this point we're thinking we're probably gonna miss the shuttle. The manager explains to us the shuttle no longer leaves from their parking lot. It moved to a spot somewhere else in Charlestown. Apparently people were parking in the Whole Foods parking lot close by and using he shuttle service. So Whole Food got the shuttle moved.

It's still a great affordable option for dinner. As we fed 5 people with drinks and tip for $74. That included a decent margarita and a 23 ounce premium beer. We left fat and full. I think we all would have gotten a hot dog and a soda at the Garden for the same price per person.

We ended up having to do my usual and make a quick drive over to the Nautica Garage and pay $7 for parking. It was a frigid walk. But worth saving $100 on food and parking to get similar service in or around the Garden. Unfortunately we got to the ice right as warm ups ended.
Nautica is great.. 7 bucks you're usually in and out and when i went regularly I don't remember waiting in line to pay the ticket that much. The fact its only gone up 2 bucks in the 5 years i've had tickets is amazing since everything around the garden has gone up. Even the garages before the charlestown bridge use to be like 7 then 10 and I think its like 20-25 now.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Last night's game...

Sounds like bait and switch to me. Or they have no idea. Not cool eeither way

Hnidy Hnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Sounds like bait and switch to me. Or they have no idea. Not cool eeither way
Yeah I thought the same. Didn't want to get too pissy with the manager. The food and service was good. We just had to pony up $7…the frigid walk to and from was far worse than the $7!

Old
01-29-2014, 10:34 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Nautica is great.. 7 bucks you're usually in and out and when i went regularly I don't remember waiting in line to pay the ticket that much. The fact its only gone up 2 bucks in the 5 years i've had tickets is amazing since everything around the garden has gone up. Even the garages before the charlestown bridge use to be like 7 then 10 and I think its like 20-25 now.
Only problem I've ever had with Nautica is they keep letting people in once it's full. You end up driving around in circles for 15 minutes until they finally tell you, "Oh yeah, there aren't any spaces left."

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
qc

vCash: 69
Wellington.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 11:00 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Only problem I've ever had with Nautica is they keep letting people in once it's full. You end up driving around in circles for 15 minutes until they finally tell you, "Oh yeah, there aren't any spaces left."
What game was it? because sometimes with the bigger games like Habs and some bigger weekend games like philly games they sneak some spaces on the side closest to the office. Now this was a 2-3 years ago. They did it throughout the 2011 cup run as well. I will say they're communication is brutal though. Probabley because the guys that work there don't know much English and seem angry haha.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 11:24 AM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
If JJ took over the parking is this how he's making up for the free hot dogs?

At any rate, if you don't want to take the T....

Park across the bridge at the Charlestown Navy Yard visitor parking, and then walk under Rutherford Avenue, there's a little tunnel that leads to Paul Revere Park, cross the little park and then walk through the Charles River locks (there are pedestrian bridges across the locks) and you come out right behind the Garden.

Cheap parking and a 5 minute walk.
That's what I usually do... It's actually a pretty neat little walk.

TCDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 12:33 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
What game was it? because sometimes with the bigger games like Habs and some bigger weekend games like philly games they sneak some spaces on the side closest to the office. Now this was a 2-3 years ago. They did it throughout the 2011 cup run as well. I will say they're communication is brutal though. Probabley because the guys that work there don't know much English and seem angry haha.
Can't recall. There was one time it happened this season and once last season.

And everyone mentioning the Navy Yard, please stop. Been trying to keep that under wraps so it doesn't get flooded with people.

Old
01-29-2014, 12:38 PM
BklyNBruiN

Can't you find parking on the streets close or around the Garden? After 7pm here in NYC you don't have to pay.. That's what Ive done at Madison Square Garden, it just takes a bit of patience and luck.

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 12:48 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
Can't you find parking on the streets close or around the Garden? After 7pm here in NYC you don't have to pay.. That's what Ive done at Madison Square Garden, it just takes a bit of patience and luck.
You can with a bit of luck in some of the adjacent neighborhoods (Beacon Hill, North End, Charlestown), but not right by the Garden, unless you have an amazing stroke of luck. You have to deal with resident parking restrictions in some of those other neighborhoods too.

I lived in Central Square for a bit a few years back and would actually hoof it over the salt and pepper bridge, through Beacon Hill to the Garden. Not a walk you want to make in this weather, but works well come late March/April, just need to give yourself a few extra minutes.

Old
01-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I pm'd you the remedy to this situation.

Old
01-29-2014, 01:26 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

If it makes you guys feel better, parking at Cowboys stadium is $75

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 01:27 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
It does.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
And the NFL wonders why they can't sell out stadiums

Hnidy Hnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 01:52 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
It does.
Crazy part is we couldn't get a spot, sold out. We had to walk 30 mins to a $20 spot.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Crazy part is we couldn't get a spot, sold out. We had to walk 30 mins to a $20 spot.
I used to park at the furthest lot near Gillette, about a 15-20 minute walk from car door to ticket scan.

It wasn't that much cheaper, but you got out of their at least 45 minutes faster, even with the walk back.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 02:42 PM
SpeedyLazaro

I drive to just about every weeknight game that I don't plan on drinking at.

I park about 100 yards away from the Garden and it costs me $3... There hasn't been a single game in 4 years where it has taken more than 5 minutes to get a spot.

SpeedyLazaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
You can with a bit of luck in some of the adjacent neighborhoods (Beacon Hill, North End, Charlestown), but not right by the Garden, unless you have an amazing stroke of luck. You have to deal with resident parking restrictions in some of those other neighborhoods too.

wrong

SpeedyLazaro is offline   Reply With Quote