HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
  #976
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,347
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Wow, i see that there is zero rational here if anyone just seems to ask a hockey question or for an explanation. i am still not sure how Garrison is amazing but obviously as he now wears a Vancity jersey he is. I never said he was crap and +/- comments are being taking out of contexts. I only cared as I was trying to have a legit hockey discussion, but apperently as a Leaf fan my opinions don't count, point taken
we were having a legitimate hockey discussion until this post. We are saying that Garrison is very good defensively and would not be replaced by Gardiner ATM IF we we got him. You brought in +/- to say that Garrison isn't that good defensively and I said +/- isn't a good way to determine defensive ability.

and here we are

LPH is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
  #977
TheSilencer
Registered User
 
TheSilencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaper View Post
It's okay. Leafs can keep both of Kadri and Bozak cause I wouldn't want either or both for Luongo's return.
Now trade Luongo to anywhere but the leafs, and everyone's happy.

TheSilencer is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:14 PM
  #978
hyduK
Registered User
 
hyduK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Cheech View Post
Wings/ Nuck fans: Luongo for Filppula somewhat fair?
No.

If we trade Fil it needs to be for a dman. More than happy with Howard, he's the least of our worries right now.

hyduK is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
  #979
neksys
Registered User
 
neksys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Cheech View Post
Wings/ Nuck fans: Luongo for Filppula somewhat fair?
I really like Filppula. Ignoring contracts its a lopsided trade on skill alone, but I for one would be satisfied with him as a return. He has clear top 6 skill.

neksys is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
  #980
Lou Cheech
Registered User
 
Lou Cheech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyduK View Post
No.

If we trade Fil it needs to be for a dman. More than happy with Howard, he's the least of our worries right now.
Fair enough- consider this:

Howard for package from the Leafs? Perhaps: Franson+Kulemin or Liles+ MacArthur?

Lou Cheech is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
  #981
doorman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Thunder Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
we were having a legitimate hockey discussion until this post. We are saying that Garrison is very good defensively and would not be replaced by Gardiner ATM IF we we got him. You brought in +/- to say that Garrison isn't that good defensively and I said +/- isn't a good way to determine defensive ability.

and here we are
No, what i said was I fail to see how a player of such little experience 3yrs(was told defensive stalwart for years) and a carreer +10 is a defensive gem. I realize that +/- only tells part of a story, but it is a part, is it not? Plus I was replying to more then just the two of you. This post "Originally Posted by rune74
I like gardiner, and understand he is a good player. But to be honest he isn't a needed asset in Vancouver. We have a solid D core and he would be hard pressed to crack our top 6, maybe 5 or 6 dman. That is not what we need. We need scoring, a sniper. Take that for what it's worth." This lead me to ask of the top 6 reference. I have no issues with Garrison as a player. From what i saw of him, I think he is an average NHL defenceman, with a howitzer of a shot who cashed in on an above average season. I may turn out to be wrong about him. But as a realistic leaf fan, one who doesn't make horrible offers and such, i guess can react whenwe are constantly told how bad our players/prospects are.

doorman is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
  #982
doorman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Thunder Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No one said that. We said he wouldn't crack OUR(ie one team's) top 4. That is all.
When i said top 6 i was refering to more then just your self and the other poster. Originally Posted by rune74
I like gardiner, and understand he is a good player. But to be honest he isn't a needed asset in Vancouver. We have a solid D core and he would be hard pressed to crack our top 6, maybe 5 or 6 dman. That is not what we need. We need scoring, a sniper. Take that for what it's worth.

doorman is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
  #983
baartman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamhuisHip View Post
This statement reflects the stage of each team, no? VAN is looking to the present and TOR is looking to the future.
Absolutely. That's where risk comes into play. Van makes a move that is lateral or slightly detrimental now, for future needs. Similarly, TOR makes a move to improve now at the expense of the future. I am in no way implying these examples are relevant to these current teams.

baartman is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
  #984
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,444
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
When i said top 6 i was refering to more then just your self and the other poster. Originally Posted by rune74
I like gardiner, and understand he is a good player. But to be honest he isn't a needed asset in Vancouver. We have a solid D core and he would be hard pressed to crack our top 6, maybe 5 or 6 dman. That is not what we need. We need scoring, a sniper. Take that for what it's worth.
He said Gardiner would be our 5 or 6 dman...don't see what's wrong with that.

Our need for a top-6 forward is much more pressing.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
  #985
Lou Cheech
Registered User
 
Lou Cheech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
I really like Filppula. Ignoring contracts its a lopsided trade on skill alone, but I for one would be satisfied with him as a return. He has clear top 6 skill.
I think the contracts, Flip being risky as a pending UFA and Lu's bad term, both have issues, that I feel, almost balance out the lobsided skill respective to their positions.

Essentially, I think Lu is easily still a top 10 goalie (yet worse contract situation) but I wouldn't put Flip in the top 10 centres (better contract situation) but I do believe he's very skilled and would be a very nice player for the Nucks.

Lou Cheech is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
  #986
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
When i said top 6 i was refering to more then just your self and the other poster. Originally Posted by rune74
I like gardiner, and understand he is a good player. But to be honest he isn't a needed asset in Vancouver. We have a solid D core and he would be hard pressed to crack our top 6, maybe 5 or 6 dman. That is not what we need. We need scoring, a sniper. Take that for what it's worth.
I don't see the problem with that? he WOULD be a 5 or 6 dman on vancouver. And it's not like we are weak there. We have a more pressing need for scoring forwards. I'm not sure why you are having issues with that...seems you are a bit sensitive to a perceived fualt where there is none.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
  #987
doorman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Thunder Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
He said Gardiner would be our 5 or 6 dman...don't see what's wrong with that.

Our need for a top-6 forward is much more pressing.
I agree with your forward need being higher. He said hard pressed to crack top 6, maybe 5-6. To me that says he can't, now maybe I am wrong, but thats how I read it.

Personally as a leaf fan i don't think we are good trading partners nor do i want him. Not because of how he is as a player, but because we are not that player away yet. The assets required to get him, do us more long term harm then good. He unfortunatly will not bring your team what he should, that is just the nature of todays NHL. I also think Gillis recent statements did more harm then good, as well.

doorman is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:29 PM
  #988
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!
 
spiny norman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Next thread is now active.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1330913

spiny norman is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.