HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I am not jumping to conclusions, the writing is on the wall. They like Gally as a center, they likely won't trade DD because he is part of our best line from last year, cheap and French, which would cause A backlash. So it's either Pleks or Eller that will be moved to make room for Gally. If you can get someone like Niederreiter for Eller, you free up room for Gally and get another power forward winger, something this team is lacking.

If not Eller then it will eventually be Plekanec...but I have seen no inkling that management wants to move him.

One of our centers will be traded, just a matter of when.
They don't have to move anybody. People have to get this thing out of their heads that can't play Gally LW or Eller on the wing. It may be an adjustment short term but only benefits the team long term to have 4 centers on the top 3 lines, even if one is playing wing. Giroux played wing his 1st 2 years and it didn't exactly derail his career. Seguin is doing it now. Zetterberg does both. Carter plays both. Elias can do both. Dubinsky does both. Schenn is currently playing wing in Phi. Malkin does both. Pavelski does both.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They don't have to move anybody. People have to get this thing out of their heads that can't play Gally LW or Eller on the wing. It may be an adjustment short term but only benefits the team long term to have 4 centers on the top 3 lines, even if one is playing wing. Giroux played wing his 1st 2 years and it didn't exactly derail his career. Seguin is doing it now. Zetterberg does both. Carter plays both. Elias can do both. Dubinsky does both. Schenn is currently playing wing in Phi. Malkin does both. Pavelski does both.
They don't have to move anyone for now. They can just send Gally down to Sarnia after 5 games. Next season, they'll most likely have some center complaining one way or the other, so they might as well move one or just not sign Desharnais with a bunch of excuses for the fans.

It's not because center X isn't complaining in another team that no one on this team will complain or just not perform as well as he should. I'm more worried about the not perform as well as he should part. You have to use your personnel's strengths if you want to win anything in this league.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
They don't have to move anyone for now. They can just send Gally down to Sarnia after 5 games. Next season, they'll most likely have some center complaining one way or the other, so they might as well move one or just not sign Desharnais with a bunch of excuses for the fans.

It's not because center X isn't complaining in another team that no one on this team will complain or just not perform as well as he should. I'm more worried about the not perform as well as he should part. You have to use your personnel's strengths if you want to win anything in this league.
Why would a center be complaining?

Play Gally LW for a year next year and see how things go with Eller Pleks and DD.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:

Play Gally LW for a year next year and see how things go with Eller Pleks and DD.
Because he might feel he would be playing better at center than wing for instance. As a fan I would probably feel he could perform better at center if the performances weren't there. Essentially you can play Gally on the wing at the beginning of next season sure, but what if he doesn't perform? Then you have a potential problem (He'll be 19, no AHL if I'm not mistaken). You can address it when you're facing it, which means potential lower trade value for the other centers, or you can address it before and try getting a little extra in a better trading position.

That's the logic in trying to see what Eller, Pleks or Desharnais are worth now or before next season.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Because he might feel he would be playing better at center than wing for instance. As a fan I would probably feel he could perform better at center if the performances weren't there. Essentially you can play Gally on the wing at the beginning of next season sure, but what if he doesn't perform? Then you have a potential problem (He'll be 19, no AHL if I'm not mistaken). You can address it when you're facing it, which means potential lower trade value for the other centers, or you can address it before and try getting a little extra in a better trading position.

That's the logic in trying to see what Eller, Pleks or Desharnais are worth now or before next season.
I don't think you'll see too many pros complaining about where they play as long as they get their ice time. Especially dealing with young players, I don't see an issue.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Znthnk

Just a hypothetical: Would you trade Subban for Giroux ?? Why or why not? What additional pieces would make it fair for both teams?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znthnk View Post
Just a hypothetical: Would you trade Subban for Giroux ?? Why or why not? What additional pieces would make it fair for both teams?
Phillie just made him captain so it's a non starter. They would trade Schenn or Couturier before Giroux.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Znthnk

Quote:
Phillie just made him captain so it's a non starter. They would trade Schenn or Couturier before Giroux.
It is, and unlikely... just want to get a sense of value for both players. Perhaps it would be best phrased as "Would you give up Subban-skill for Giroux-skill, one for one?

Old
01-23-2013, 11:36 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:

I am pretty sure Eller would be upset (and maybe complaining) if he is riding the pine 80% of the time.

Even though we played a great game last night, don't kid yourself into thinking that we are not in rebuild mode. It is evident by the signings that MB made in the summer. He brought in grit and toughness to help protect the young players that are going to be getting spots on the roster. He didn't bring in any high profile guys to make a playoff or cup run. He knows where this team is at and where they rank.

For me, why delay the inevitable. If you know Gally is going to be a center and you want him to play this year, make room for him now at center. Get an asset like Neiderreiter for Eller, get a guy that is three years younger at a position of need with approximately the same ceiling....or a 1st and prospect for Plekanec....or whatever the market value happens to be for any one of Pleks, DD or Eller. I doubt DD is moved though because he is cheap, french and I don't think his trade value reflects his actual value.

Don't delay the inevitable, get the assets into your system ASAP and define the direction of this club for the next 10 years.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I am pretty sure Eller would be upset (and maybe complaining) if he is riding the pine 80% of the time.

Even though we played a great game last night, don't kid yourself into thinking that we are not in rebuild mode. It is evident by the signings that MB made in the summer. He brought in grit and toughness to help protect the young players that are going to be getting spots on the roster. He didn't bring in any high profile guys to make a playoff or cup run. He knows where this team is at and where they rank.

For me, why delay the inevitable. If you know Gally is going to be a center and you want him to play this year, make room for him now at center. Get an asset like Neiderreiter for Eller, get a guy that is three years younger at a position of need with approximately the same ceiling....or a 1st and prospect for Plekanec....or whatever the market value happens to be for any one of Pleks, DD or Eller. I doubt DD is moved though because he is cheap, french and I don't think his trade value reflects his actual value.

Don't delay the inevitable, get the assets into your system ASAP and define the direction of this club for the next 10 years.
Eller isn't sitting because he is a center, he sat because the coaches felt he wasn't working hard enough.

Had he had a strong game Saturday they would have sat somebody else wether a center or winger. From all the guys that have played center in camp and 2 games Therrien doesn't hesitate to try players at different positions.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
You serious?

Absolutely, wouldn't think twice.

To make it faire from a Habs POV, we'd probably have to give up on Galchenyuk at least.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Znthnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
You serious?

Absolutely, wouldn't think twice.

To make it faire from a Habs POV, we'd probably have to give up on Galchenyuk at least.
Alright.. how about trading any defenseman in the league.. would any one defenceman be worth Giroux? I'm just trying to assess the weight one gives to premiere defencemen and forwards, aside from guys like Crosby, Malkin and a few others. What is the best defenceman in the league (in your opinion) worth in the current group premiere forwards (one for one)?

For example, what top forward would be the equivalent of Eric Karlsson?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Alright.. how about trading any defenseman in the league.. would any one defenceman be worth Giroux? I'm just trying to assess the weight one gives to premiere defencemen and forwards, aside from guys like Crosby, Malkin and a few others. What is the best defenceman in the league (in your opinion) worth in the current group premiere forwards (one for one)?

For example, what top forward would be the equivalent of Eric Karlsson?
Only dman worth Giroux is Weber. . Karlsson/Pietrangelo/Doughty can keep up their level of play theyd be up there. In terms of value throughout the league I'd say its something like

Crosby
Malkin

Stamkos
Giroux
Weber

Karlsson
Doughty
Pietrangelo
Tavares

After that it gets murky.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Habitant le colon

what is the value of this package : Eller Subban Kristo ?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Vinny Bombatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
what is the value of this package : Eller Subban Kristo ?
a young top winger +...

T. Hall
E. Kane

are two that come to mind

Old
01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
AmeriHab

Flyers are 1-15 on the PP, think they'd be interested in Kaberle? what would be his return? Missed the game last night so I'm not sure how he played in comparison or if they have the cap room for him

Old
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Flyers are 1-15 on the PP, think they'd be interested in Kaberle? what would be his return? Missed the game last night so I'm not sure how he played in comparison or if they have the cap room for him
I'm sure they can send us an overpaid goon or something....

Old
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
We are enjoying our depth on D for a change, we will be keeping him. Playing Weber and Boullion even more is not an option.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
We are enjoying our depth on D for a change, we will be keeping him. Playing Weber and Boullion even more is not an option.
I kind of disagree. If they'd give us a decent player back I'd have to say yes. Kaberle might be a buyout candidate this summer already. I think if a team is interested you do it if you gain something decent from it.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:20 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Would you trade Diaz for Malkin?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
ROSSter

Subban + Eller for Benn ?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:39 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSter View Post
Subban + Eller for Benn ?
I don't think Bergevin is that incompetent.

Subban > Benn. First pairing dmen >> first line forwards of comparable rank.

How about Subban (without Eller) for Benn and a pair of 2nd rounders?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Time to see what's Kaberle is worth to a team like the Wings.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:43 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's hard to trade Kaberle if:

- Subban is in Toronto
- Bergevin thinks we can make the playoffs.

Don't look now, but the Habs are in 8th place in the standings :-)

Old
01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Exactly what I was thinking!

Closed Thread