HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
So you're just talking out your ass ASSUMING he will become a top PK guy.
Oh gee, I tought this was a prospect thread where we talk about potential and what we think a player will be. Stop trying to sound like a smartass trying to prove everyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you wrong.

Quote:
You're right they aren't the same size...MacKinnon is a half inch taller and Drouin is 6lbs heavier...

5'11" 179lbs vs 5'10.5" and 185lbs

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/190000/
Yeah, because those kind of stats are always right.

Clearly only half an inch taller..

Old
01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Oh gee, I tought this was a prospect thread where we talk about potential and what we think a player will be. Stop trying to sound like a smartass trying to prove everyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you wrong.

Yeah, because those kind of stats are always right.

Clearly only half an inch taller..
I can say the same about Drouin that he will become a Plekanec calibre PK guy with his speed and anticipation. This has no impact on who goes 1st. Anybody drafting top 5 and even top 10 will draft for impact 1st and foremost. Who can be an impact player on my team, generate a lot of offense and make teammates better.

In terms of the size thing, why would Hockey Canada bother weighing and measuring players to the pound and half inch if their numbers were random?

Old
01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
After watching the recording of Sunday's Mooseheads @ Armada game, all I can say is just the mere thought of Drouin walking to the podium in Newark on June 29th to put on the CH and then spending 10-15 years creating offensive magic with Galchenyuk makes me want to start sobbing with joy.
The exact same feeling I have thinking of them hoisting our next Stanley Cup.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
I can say the same about Drouin that he will become a Plekanec calibre PK guy with his speed and anticipation. This has no impact on who goes 1st. Anybody drafting top 5 and even top 10 will draft for impact 1st and foremost. Who can be an impact player on my team, generate a lot of offense and make teammates better.

In terms of the size thing, why would Hockey Canada bother weighing and measuring players to the pound and half inch if their numbers were random?
You don't seem to get the point I'm trying to get across. Can't say I'm really surprised, though.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

2 pages of bickering....

Anwyays, Denis Kamaev over PPG since going to Sherbrooke. Interesting late pick?

Old
01-23-2013, 12:25 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He didn't seem to have any trouble working the boards or dekeing through arguably the best D corpse Sunday vs Blainville. He made the best D in the league, Ouellet, look like a fool on one play.

As for your 2nd point, I agree. Mackinnon will be chosen before. Because he's closer to the NHL. But I'd pick Drouin because he'll be the best player down the road.
Like I said, "in the NHL". Maybe Blainville has a good defence...for a CHL team. I'm worried about Drouin being controlled by guys like Regehr and Seidenberg. You can't compare Ouellet to them. He's going to have to adjust, and I hope he can.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Like I said, "in the NHL". Maybe Blainville has a good defence...for a CHL team. I'm worried about Drouin being controlled by guys like Regehr and Seidenberg. You can't compare Ouellet to them. He's going to have to adjust, and I hope he can.
Regehr couldn't keep up with a guy that quick.

He has the speed and quickness to elude most of those guys, plus he is very strong on skates, has a low center of gravity like Marchand.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
2 pages of bickering....

Anwyays, Denis Kamaev over PPG since going to Sherbrooke. Interesting late pick?
Soft small russian... no.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Regehr couldn't keep up with a guy that quick.

He has the speed and quickness to elude most of those guys, plus he is very strong on skates, has a low center of gravity like Marchand.
I think he does too, but I'd have to see it first. Maybe he turns out like Giroux, he certainly has the skill. Get him to do leg presses all summer.

Regehr was just an example of a mature 6'2 200lbs defenceman in comparison to a <20 year old CHL defender.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Beendair Donedat

Prospects that I'd love for the Habs to draft or at least have a shot at getting: Jones, MacKinnon, Barkov, Drouin, Monahan, Erne, Mantha, Lazar, Mitch Wheaton, Duclair, Justin Bailey, Samuel Morin.

I'd really like to get Morin with one of our second rounders and a couple of big wingers/centers that can crash and score. Some grit with talent that will complement Galchenyuk in the future.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well you have to compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges...

Drouin is just 17. He'll get bigger and stronger, and he'll gain experience. He's not ready for the NHL and he shouldn't be anyway. His talent is special though. What he can do at his age is quite an achievement and I think he'll be great at the NHL level.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Well you have to compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges...

Drouin is just 17. He'll get bigger and stronger, and he'll gain experience. He's not ready for the NHL and he shouldn't be anyway. His talent is special though. What he can do at his age is quite an achievement and I think he'll be great at the NHL level.
With any kind of growth and development he could be bigger than Plekanec.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Timmins spotted watching Rimouski tonight. Habs brass continues to watch that team closely, no doubt Gauthier is a potential target.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Et le But

Well, we are missing a Gauthier in the organization.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Gauthier sucks by association.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Timmins spotted watching Rimouski tonight. Habs brass continues to watch that team closely, no doubt Gauthier is a potential target.
They have a few others too...Desrosiers Morin Kostalek Deluca Gravel and Oke all could also be drafted.

Closed Thread