HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 08:56 AM
  #451
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
WTF? Desharnais didn't struggle. Wow, delusion has taken over this board.
I agree. I thought Desharnais played a good game. He was physically engaged on almost every shift. His hands may have been a little rusty, but we are seeing that with many players right now.
I personally thought his entire line played well.

I think people are overly critical of him simply because they want to see him fail for some mystifying reason.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:12 AM
  #452
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher
 
Timelord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
WTF? Desharnais didn't struggle. Wow, delusion has taken over this board.
Hockey withdrawal, hangover from the lockout. Sort of like sensory deprivation experiments in which the subjects eventually substitute their own "reality" and hallucinate.

Timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:30 AM
  #453
HTTP 400
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 934
vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Plus DD is playing with two guys who didn't really play during the lock out and looked like they were skating in cement Saturday. They were a bit better yesterday, but still a struggle for Cole and Pacioretty.
True, but you don't judge a player by who he plays with. Desharnais worked hard, but many passes were sloppy and he needs to be better overall (cause he was last year).

That being said, if Eller comes back in, it wont be because Desharnais goes out. Desharnais won his spot last year, and it will take more than 1 "bad" game or 2 to erase what he did.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
  #454
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Breakfast is served... How many have ordered this?



Seriously, I've predicted that this would be a break through season for Eller and I still believe it. Therrien will find the right buttons to push. Be patient Habs' fans.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:38 AM
  #455
e46330ivs*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
WTF? Desharnais didn't struggle. Wow, delusion has taken over this board.
yes he did dont kid yourself, he had a hard time keeping the puck on his stick, couldnt win one on one battles like he did last year, the whole line looks a second behind. Am I worried, no, its only 2 games in.

e46330ivs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM
  #456
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I thought Desharnais looked poor last game. I found him and Cole were our weakest forwards.

I'm a fan of him and don't think he will or should sit next game, but Eller needs to be in the lineup.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
  #457
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,917
vCash: 500
DD didnt play a good game. Get over it. He killed a few play by holding to the puck for too long. He was lost mentally too and he also took a stupid penalty. But he did some great plays wich might hinder your judgement.

Anyway he'll get it together.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:01 AM
  #458
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
I thought Gallagher played good but another year in Hamilton will help him a lot, Eller and Galchenyuk on the third line with Prust or Moen would look really good.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:11 AM
  #459
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
I thought Gallagher played good but another year in Hamilton will help him a lot, Eller and Galchenyuk on the third line with Prust or Moen would look really good.
If anything, I'd prefer having Gally2 on the team than 1. The energy he brings is contagious. We need players like that.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
  #460
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If anything, I'd prefer having Gally2 on the team than 1. The energy he brings is contagious. We need players like that.
That's not really lacking on this team...maybe last year. Guys like Prust Bouillon White Cole(not yet) Gionta bring that energy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:00 AM
  #461
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Eller was the cancer holding us back. Trade him for Konopka.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:03 AM
  #462
SnapVirus
Registered User
 
SnapVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mtl., QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Wow yall are drinking what at this time in the morning?

DD played a great game yesterday. Cole hit the post. Pacioretty shot three times in the middle of the goalie's chest. If his linemates would have scored, he'd have 3 -EASY- passes last night.

He created plays. Destroyed Panthers one with his good positioning.

Remove your pink Eller glasses and wake up. Its not because a player you like is out of the line-up and wont be there next game still -because you know ehat the team performed really well without him last night- that you need to find someone else to blame and remove of the line-up for Eller.

Take-out DD and give Eller his spot? Eh boy. Eller's a good shooter, but one of the worst playmaker on the team. What 3 scorers will do on the same line? Uh?

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
  #463
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
I don't think it's "Eller glasses" to say DD isn't playing great. He's not the worst person on his line (Cole says hi) but his passing is very off. He had a great hustle play to get involved on the first Markov goal but besides that he was very ineffective. I like how he's always active but if all three people on that line don't improve it will have to be broken up. Desharnais doesn't deserve to be benched at this point, but he needs to cut out the stupid penalties, sloppy passing and holding the puck for too long or this question will return.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:28 AM
  #464
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's not really lacking on this team...maybe last year. Guys like Prust Bouillon White Cole(not yet) Gionta bring that energy.
None of them have the good attitude this guy brings. Well maybe White. Theres a difference seeing a old guy play hard like he always did, and a kid never backing down and smiling. It's just so much better for the team. +He can bring it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Wow yall are drinking what at this time in the morning?

DD played a great game yesterday. Cole hit the post. Pacioretty shot three times in the middle of the goalie's chest. If his linemates would have scored, he'd have 3 -EASY- passes last night.

He created plays. Destroyed Panthers one with his good positioning.

Remove your pink Eller glasses and wake up. Its not because a player you like is out of the line-up and wont be there next game still -because you know ehat the team performed really well without him last night- that you need to find someone else to blame and remove of the line-up for Eller.

Take-out DD and give Eller his spot? Eh boy. Eller's a good shooter, but one of the worst playmaker on the team. What 3 scorers will do on the same line? Uh?
¸
It's not about downgrading DD for Eller(Wich alot have done if you switch the sides.) It's about DD playing bad, and thats it. No other point.

Saying DD played great is having DD-pink glasses. And I never saw DD(In his whole damn career) destroy a play with his positioning. its just not him, it's his biggest weaknest.

Now this may sound like I don't like the guy, but I do like him. If someone is playing/bad good, I say it.

Now where I may have Eller's pink glasses is on his potential, I don't want him rotting in the damn stands.

Give him some ice time.

DD-Eller-Armstrong should be a competent line, if Armstrong ever wants to skate.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
  #465
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,401
vCash: 500
Not fond of the "it's typical of the Habs board" but I believe that this tendancy of bashing a player to upgrade another is typical of this board and it's sad. So let's sit a guy who was really solid for us last year and has proven that he could succeed in any league for a rather ordinairy start that in the process both of his wingers seems to be having as well. Yet, nobody talks about sitting Pacioretty who looks much worst. Yet, nobody from that line deserve to sit or will ever sit. They work hard, but they are not efficient enough. The "sitting" will always be between the bottom 6 players and maybe Bourque if he goes back in his sleeping mode again.

But while you and I want Eller in the lineup, it doesn't have to be at the detriment of DD. It will be because we need more Eller and surely less of any other bottom 6 players in the lineup like White. Another guy I see as a possibility of sitting as the year progresses is Armstrong. I saw glimpses of Toronto Armstrong and that can't be good. Yet, right now, nobody sits, we had a good game last night, but we will lose soon and Eller will be back.

People are really strange though. Targetting Therrien for maybe screwing a prospect up, yet chances are he'll give every chance he can to.....Gallagher and Galchenyuk which are ALSO pretty young prospects. And Diaz forced Therrien to give him some more icetime. Therrien is CLEARLY open for some new love. And it will be Eller's chance to gain it next time he can play.

But really, while we are a pretty ordinairy team, chances are nobody will ever deserve to be sit. But one or 2 guys will at one point or another. But as a new coach, you don't alienate the vets on your team. By sitting DD, you make him made and you make both of his wingers mad as well. Great way to restart a coaching career.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
  #466
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,387
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
DD-Eller-Armstrong should be a competent line, if Armstrong ever wants to skate.
With all this talk of looking for a scapegoat to get Eller back in the lineup, I'm surprised more people aren't pointing the finger at Armstrong. Our worst forward the last two games IMO.

But either way, it's not a big deal. I have a feeling throughout the season we'll see a lot of bodies rotating in and out. I'm disappointed Eller was scratched, and DD didn't have a great game IMO, but I'm not ready to switch one for the other.

People have DD on such a short leash around here it's incredible. When Eller puts up 60 points, maybe then he'll get that extra rope that Desharnais gets from the coaching staff.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
  #467
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
For the record I don't think Desharnais should be in discussion for being scratched at this point. But I don't think scoring 60 points one year in an offense-only role gives him a free pass to remain on the first line. Eller is not more important than Desharnais...he is younger and therefore has more room to surprise us at this point, but Desharnais has proven more offensively, even if neither one of them has proven much of anything.

I'm more interested if that line doesn't step up in seeing it broken up, and MAYBE trying Desharnais on the wings depending on who else is in the lineup. And quite frankly if anyone should be accused of disinterest it's Cole, but the same thing was said about him last year for the first few games. Of course some of you blamed Plekanec for Cole's slow start, so you should be no surprised DD is getting the same blame. This player vs player thing is silly though - this team has so few skilled players, nobody should be chased out of town until a great trade comes up or we need to clear cap space.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
  #468
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
For the record I don't think Desharnais should be in discussion for being scratched at this point. But I don't think scoring 60 points one year in an offense-only role gives him a free pass to remain on the first line. Eller is not more important than Desharnais...he is younger and therefore has more room to surprise us at this point, but Desharnais has proven more offensively, even if neither one of them has proven much of anything.

I'm more interested if that line doesn't step up in seeing it broken up, and MAYBE trying Desharnais on the wings depending on who else is in the lineup. And quite frankly if anyone should be accused of disinterest it's Cole, but the same thing was said about him last year for the first few games. Of course some of you blamed Plekanec for Cole's slow start, so you should be no surprised DD is getting the same blame. This player vs player thing is silly though - this team has so few skilled players, nobody should be chased out of town until a great trade comes up or we need to clear cap space.
Great post, man. Listen to this guy.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:21 PM
  #469
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
I hope Eller can play wing this year .

I don't see a place for him on the top 9 has a center with Galchenyuk on the team

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
  #470
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Hopefully Eller will get the message. I'd rather have him than Armstrong in the line up.

A Moen-Eller-White line would be fine.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
  #471
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
With all this talk of looking for a scapegoat to get Eller back in the lineup, I'm surprised more people aren't pointing the finger at Armstrong. Our worst forward the last two games IMO.

B
Not sure what you are expecting of him. He's playing 10-13 minutes a game on the 4th line and killing penalties. I thought he did a good job in what he's asked to do. He even drew a penalty last night by digging the puck hard in the corner.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:42 PM
  #472
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 500
Not sure if this was posted here yet, in his post game conference MT confirmed that lineup won't change for next game.

It's at about 2:30 into this video:

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=53&videoID=118951

A journalist asks him if his roster will be identical next game given the performance they had to which he quickly replied: "Yes, it will be identical"

So expect Eller to sit out at least another game.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
  #473
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,008
vCash: 500
I like the Habs, but as a dane, I really hope Eller find's a new club...

I don't think he has proven himself yet, but I also don't think he has been given a proper chance yet...

Nor do I think he ever will...

I don't think there is room for him to develope properly on your team..

He clearly does not have the talent that Gally has, and wont be given the same room to improve...

I don't know if he is even suited for the NHL, id actually like to see him in the SEL or KHL, that is if im looking with my Danish National team glasses..

Im not bad mouthing your team or management, I just think Eller is in a bad spot, not his fault, not Montreal's, just bad luck..

ImGoingNucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
  #474
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,387
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Not sure what you are expecting of him. He's playing 10-13 minutes a game on the 4th line and killing penalties. I thought he did a good job in what he's asked to do. He even drew a penalty last night by digging the puck hard in the corner.
He's been pretty invisible when he's not killing penalties. Haven't seen much hustle, hitting, forechecking, wreaking havoc on the goalie, etc.

I suppose if him being on the team lightens the PK workload for Plekanec then that's a plus in itself, but I kind of expected more...jam, I guess.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
  #475
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
I guess he could be a bit more agressive. 2 games in though, and he hasn't been terrible, id cut him some slack.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.