HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs' Connolly placed on waivers - McKenzie: Cleared waivers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 10:00 AM
  #776
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
No, mostly because he's never played an AHL game and then nearing the end of the career which has been fairly successful, he gets asked to play there.
So did Alex Mogilny and he reported to the AHL.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
  #777
MrLegend28*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
so all year, you guys make the "LACK" joke, and now we get rid of 3/4's of LACK, and you guys are saying we should of kept Connolly?

Bozak/Grabo/Kadri/McClement/Steckel.. who is Connolly better than at 4 mil? top 3? no. and then your 4th line. lol @ Connolly being a 4th liner.

Dude sucks. If he didnt, any of the other 29 teams would of picked him up.

MrLegend28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
  #778
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
so all year, you guys make the "LACK" joke, and now we get rid of 3/4's of LACK, and you guys are saying we should of kept Connolly?

Bozak/Grabo/Kadri/McClement/Steckel.. who is Connolly better than at 4 mil? top 3? no. and then your 4th line. lol @ Connolly being a 4th liner.

Dude sucks. If he didnt, any of the other 29 teams would of picked him up.
agreed.

connolly sucks, if he was any good one of the 29 other teams woulda taken a flyer on him, surprised the islanders passed tbh

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
  #779
joepeps
Registered User
 
joepeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
agreed.

connolly sucks, if he was any good one of the 29 other teams woulda taken a flyer on him, surprised the islanders passed tbh
I'm surprised Vancouver didn't take him... although it's a bigger cap hit, they need a center bad

joepeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
  #780
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
No, mostly because he's never played an AHL game and then nearing the end of the career which has been fairly successful, he gets asked to play there.

Thats even more reason to report. He needs the moeny at the end of his career.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
  #781
Fogelhund
Registered User
 
Fogelhund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 500
I would disagree about him sucking, but he certainly isn't worth what he is paid. He'll get moved at some point.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
  #782
DaveT83*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
If Connolly's cap hit wasn't so bad he'd have no problem finding a home in the NHL.

Players around the league should take note -

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
  #783
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
what happens if the leafs want to call him up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
then they just do it, all they have to worry about is having enough cap space

at least, that's how I think it is
And worry that the player they would send down (unless he's waiver-exempt or put on the IR) gets picked up on waivers.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
  #784
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
If Connolly's cap hit wasn't so bad he'd have no problem finding a home in the NHL.

Players around the league should take note -
Guaranteed money is better than maybe next contract.

Connolly is a PPG in the AHL, just like Kostka is the Leafs 2nd. best defenseman in the NHL.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.