HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News around the NHL

Old
01-19-2013, 10:17 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

vCash: 500
PAP playing with Duchene and Landeskog, not looking like a $4MM player. Duchene looks awful.

Minny looks real solid with Parise and Suter added to a pretty good team.

STL looked unreal against DET - wow. What a team, they are cup contenders IMO.

CBJ won tonight, watch out !

C.Schneider pulled, Luongo in, 2nd period. Drama in VCR!

Last edited by redbull: 01-19-2013 at 10:49 PM.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Tavaresfan91

Rookie Tarasenko was a beast in his NHL debut check out blues highlights he has 2 beautiful goals

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
The goaltending drama unfolding in Vancouver is so freaking entertaining... Schneider got yanked after giving up 5 goals halfway thru the second here come Luongo!

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
PAP playing with Duchene and Landeskog, not looking like a $4MM player. Duchene looks awful.

Minny looks real solid with Parise and Suter added to a pretty good team.

STL looked unreal against DET - wow. What a team, they are cup contenders IMO.

CBJ won tonight, watch out !

C.Schneider pulled, Luongo in, 2nd period. Drama in VCR!
Yeah, if I had to pick a Cup final today I'd go with StL and Bos.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:09 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

Would it be completely crazy if we put Finley at forward? He would probably be amazing as a net front presence.

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Rookie Tarasenko was a beast in his NHL debut check out blues highlights he has 2 beautiful goals
Yes, he looked great. Blues are a real cup contender.

Degeneration Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:23 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
Would it be completely crazy if we put Finley at forward? He would probably be amazing as a net front presence.
He wouldn't make it there, and if he did, he wouldn't make it back.

Seriously, I think Finley is a pretty good skater for his immense size, he's just not very polished. I would like to see him play in Bridgeport, he's not good enough to play in the NHL, yet.

Team needs Visnovsky, Bailey, Martinek ASAP. And if Nabby stays healthy, Isles will win games and have a shot at the playoffs.

But we gotta get past the expectations that waiver pickups can improve an NHL team....that's just ridiculous.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:12 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
He wouldn't make it there, and if he did, he wouldn't make it back.

Seriously, I think Finley is a pretty good skater for his immense size, he's just not very polished. I would like to see him play in Bridgeport, he's not good enough to play in the NHL, yet.

Team needs Visnovsky, Bailey, Martinek ASAP. And if Nabby stays healthy, Isles will win games and have a shot at the playoffs.

But we gotta get past the expectations that waiver pickups can improve an NHL team....that's just ridiculous.

If they do improve your team then your team pretty much sucks.

August 31st. That's the date Wang (oh, I meant to say Snow) either lives up to his word regarding having the arena issue squared away and finally getting the club real help, or gets exposed as a fraud of the highest magnitude.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:25 AM
CREW99AW

Some nice props for young O'Reilly.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...ned-three.html

Ryan O'Reilly, Colorado Avalanche

The Colorado Avalanche don't talk about this stuff. A request for comment was politely declined. The Denver Post's Adrian Dater reported O'Reilly turned down a five-year, $17-million offer last summer. Colorado pulled that proposal and came up with two years for $7 million, which went nowhere.

O'Reilly remains in Russia, although he missed a game last weekend with a foot injury. His situation reminds me a lot of Michael Peca's in Buffalo. O'Reilly likely won't ever be a 100-point scorer. He had 55 points last season, more than his first two years combined, but he is a fierce, fierce competitor who can do a lot of critical things for you. He took more defensive-zone faceoffs than any other Avalanche player and faced the toughest competition among the team's centres (credit: behindthenet.ca).

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:06 PM
original islander

Anthony Stewart on waivers.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:51 AM
crashthenet

Luongo deal coming?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:57 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Anthony Stewart on waivers.
I'd definitely rather have his brother. Anthony Stewart has been a disappointment.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:18 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashthenet View Post
Gillis is trying to make a market for Luongo. Based on his cryptic message (a signal to TOR to up their offer) could this "other player" be the Thomas and the Bruins?

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I'd definitely rather have his brother. Anthony Stewart has been a disappointment.
Definitely.. Always have been a fan of Chris's game..

I know this doesn't really classify as news but did anyone else see this last night during the Ottawa game?

Awesome job

Old
01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
Gillis is trying to make a market for Luongo. Based on his cryptic message (a signal to TOR to up their offer) could this "other player" be the Thomas and the Bruins?
I seriously don't believe other teams are that dumb to fall for that stuff.

I saw both VCR games, Luongo looks really damn sharp. Still a superstar goalie but that's one steep price. I'm curious to see where he ends up.

This won't happen with the NYI but I'd make a deal for Luongo if we can get rid of DiPietro's salary. A team like VCR that can afford the dollars to buyout DiPietro, and free up the cap space to add players (plus what they get in return) should go for it, especially since they are one of the top teams in the league and have a chance for a cup.

Luongo's got the next five years at $6.7MM salary, then it drops significantly. Poulin and Nilsson are both good prospects but I'd feel very comfortable with Luongo in net, especially since we're adding so many young players over the next 2-3 years.

I know Wang will never bite, and VCR won't take DPs salary back, so whatever. The Isles aren't run like a team who's looking to win games. Sadly.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Would have to be a team in the East, that's also sending back a high end player that's difficult to move due to salary or other reasons in addition to a quality forward.

Philly? Montreal? Leafs? Caps? Isles?

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Would have to be a team in the East, that's also sending back a high end player that's difficult to move due to salary or other reasons in addition to a quality forward.

Philly? Montreal? Leafs? Caps? Isles?
Thinking Tampa Bay and Lecavalier going to Vancouver a possibility. With Kessler out Vancouver is looking for a center.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Thinking Tampa Bay and Lecavalier going to Vancouver a possibility. With Kessler out Vancouver is looking for a center.

Not sure Tampa deals their captain and a guy who just played his 1,000th game in their uniform for Luongo. Not sure Luongo even demands that much back in a trade at this point anyway. Was thinking more of a St. Louis maybe.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:30 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Just saw this on the main boards, is this legit?

Via Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking a trade from the Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:53 PM
bigtim1988
veteran user.

Quote:
I seriously don't believe other teams are that dumb to fall for that stuff.

I saw both VCR games, Luongo looks really damn sharp. Still a superstar goalie but that's one steep price. I'm curious to see where he ends up.

This won't happen with the NYI but I'd make a deal for Luongo if we can get rid of DiPietro's salary. A team like VCR that can afford the dollars to buyout DiPietro, and free up the cap space to add players (plus what they get in return) should go for it, especially since they are one of the top teams in the league and have a chance for a cup.

Luongo's got the next five years at $6.7MM salary, then it drops significantly. Poulin and Nilsson are both good prospects but I'd feel very comfortable with Luongo in net, especially since we're adding so many young players over the next 2-3 years.

I know Wang will never bite, and VCR won't take DPs salary back, so whatever. The Isles aren't run like a team who's looking to win games. Sadly.
i wouldn't mind that happening, Luongo is one goaltender that gets far too much criticism, hes still a good goaltender, and i think hes at least top 10-15 in the league. i was def disappointed when we traded him, because there was a lot of hype surrounding him, and his rookie year wasn't all that bad-- better than Dp's rookie 3-15 campaign--considering how lousy that team was. I remember having a lot of faith that he was going to be our future star goaltender we needed at the time, and than he gets traded and we draft some new kid who is a huge question mark, because its all such a crap shoot. I feel trading him, than making Dp "the first goaltender drafted number 1 overall" was like supposed to make us feel less bad about trading a prime talent, and make Milbury look like he was some eccentric genius gm or something.

Nabokov is a calming presence out there, hes consistent, and seems to have a fundamentally solid game. Hes not letting in these back breaking goals that suck the momentum outta the team (of course sometimes it happens) and Luongo is similar in that respect.

That being said, we kno that trade wont happen, so i hope we can have Nabby 1 more year and hes effective, because i dont think one of Nilson or Poulin could effectively handle 60-65 games yet.

bigtim1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:56 AM
original islander

PA with a goal tonight. Duchene had some jump in his game.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
PA with a goal tonight. Duchene had some jump in his game.
Up until his goal I didn't even realize PA was in the game barely noticed him.

Duchene is awesome took a nasty shot to the face and was right back out there.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Just glancing at the boxscore, holy **** does Edmonton have some major talent up and down that lineup. Need to shore up the defense with D men that ACTUALLY play defense, sprinkle in some reliable goaltending and you've got a heck of a hockey team.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Up until his goal I didn't even realize PA was in the game barely noticed him.

Duchene is awesome took a nasty shot to the face and was right back out there.
PAP was okay yesterday, better than in the 1st game. He's won the hockey lottery with JT & MM for two years and now Duchene & Landeskog. Full credit to him to be able to take advantage as well.

Though, this is not a $4MM/yr, $16MM player.

I remember when Moulson made the NYI in 2009, after training camp's last cuts, coach Gordon says "you've made the team, but treat every game like it's your last" - and he totally turned that into a nice little career!

Flawed, one-dimensional players, for sure, but effective in their own way.

I don't miss Parenteau but I hope he does well in Colorado.

Duchene and Landeskog are nice players, COL has a good young team and will get better once they get O'Reilly back.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:21 PM
original islander

Quote:
PAP was okay yesterday, better than in the 1st game. He's won the hockey lottery with JT & MM for two years and now Duchene & Landeskog. Full credit to him to be able to take advantage as well.

Though, this is not a $4MM/yr, $16MM player.

I remember when Moulson made the NYI in 2009, after training camp's last cuts, coach Gordon says "you've made the team, but treat every game like it's your last" - and he totally turned that into a nice little career!

Flawed, one-dimensional players, for sure, but effective in their own way.

I don't miss Parenteau but I hope he does well in Colorado.

Duchene and Landeskog are nice players, COL has a good young team and will get better once they get O'Reilly back.
Have to admit that I was wrong about Landeskog. I thought that he would be a solid player but not a great player. From what I seen last night he's a franchise type player.