HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 01:06 PM
hockieguy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
This would not be the first case of an owner building towards a championship team a few years down the road when it matters most to the child(ren) they have playing on the team. Look at who they brought in, some good 17 year olds who have not shown an interest in the OHL nor do they look like early departures to US Colleges.
If that was the case here then I would agree. But, the losing has been going on for three seasons. Yes, there are some good young players, but, under this staff, they don't get ice time unless your last name is Seatter. Kville has wasted half the season playing two lines, instead of developing every player for the next season. If you pick a player, play him, dont sit them on the bench. The really sad thing is that Malloy is still shortening his bench and putting on the same PP and PK lines that have failed all year. When you aren't gonna make the playoffs and the 2 points don't matter, at least have the smarts to start working with the lines you gave limited ice time to thus far. When a non- playoff coach is still worrying about wins, then that is a guy trying to make his record look better than it is, and save his job. Kville won't improve under this staff. That is my opinion.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockieguy View Post
If that was the case here then I would agree. But, the losing has been going on for three seasons. Yes, there are some good young players, but, under this staff, they don't get ice time unless your last name is Seatter. Kville has wasted half the season playing two lines, instead of developing every player for the next season. If you pick a player, play him, dont sit them on the bench. The really sad thing is that Malloy is still shortening his bench and putting on the same PP and PK lines that have failed all year. When you aren't gonna make the playoffs and the 2 points don't matter, at least have the smarts to start working with the lines you gave limited ice time to thus far. When a non- playoff coach is still worrying about wins, then that is a guy trying to make his record look better than it is, and save his job. Kville won't improve under this staff. That is my opinion.
Having specified PK and PP units is not shortening the bench... I do agree that there should be better managment of playing and matching players even strength however. Often it is just a player or two that needs changed on a PP unit to make it succeed.

Excited for the games on the schedule tonight! My picks are Nepean at home and Ottawa!

Old
01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongkongphoey View Post
Nepean's home record one of the best (if not the best) in the league. Line matching is a big deal and in his home rink PG is extremely good at it, as the Bears and Ottawa recently found out. Nepean has top PK in the league and that also translates into shut down line matching at home.

It is also why Nepean will be desperate for home ice advantage going into the playoffs.

If they get it, all bets are off (I dont see how they do at the moment given the standings) and if they don't then they wont make the final. I still see the league winner coming out of Ottawa or SF but Brockville is certainly making a case for themselves.

Interesting question now is who is Nepean's real number one goalie?

Prediction for tonight - Nepean 4 Braves 2.
Nepeans 6 points out of second with 3 games in hand, doesn't seem so improbable for them to get home ice adv for p.o.'s. They just need to start stringing a win streak together and get hot at the right time. I see brockville, cp, nepean, and ottawa being the strongest going into the playoffs, if they dont play eachother they will move on, but bears and colts have chance of upsetting

Old
01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
I have watched 3 Kemptville games in the last few weeks and I certainly did not see the bench being shortenend to 2 lines, from what I could see the lines were more or less rolled with the exception of PP and PK, even then I seen what most people would define as the 4th liners occasionally out in a special teams situation. In fact if anything I would have played some of the better players more. You say he has been playing the same PP & PK all season, that is highly unlikely considering that Byron, Lussier, House & Gonu are gone who were all fixtures on those units, if anything I thought they were spreading special teams amoungst more players. To me the PK looked quite good in the recent games I watched, in fact only allowed 1 goal in 10 chances Sunday against CP, but the PP still struggles IMO.

I agree it has been frustrating watching the franchise flounder, since coming to the league, but I like most of the young players they have brought in and they seem to have more depth of Junior A calibre talent than before, who should only get better over the next couple of seasons. Adding guys like Blais, Seatter, Allard, Crampton and possibly Galasso seems like a positive step.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:12 PM
hockieguy

At this point of the season, when you have no chnce of making the playoffs, the is nothing to be gained by playing PP and PK specialty units. This is when he should be giving ice time to the guys that got limited ice time. Further more, if you read the post a litte closer, it stated that the PP was poor while Byron, Lussier and Gonnu were here, and it is still as poor now with the new players here.

I can not see the hype in Seatter, I think he is grossly over rated, and I have seen him pouting more often than back checking. and I have been at about 40 Kville games this season.

There is no point in playing one player more than another at this point in the season. If you want to have a better team next season, the players that got limited ice time the first half of the season, better start getting it now. How else will they develop? Playing road hockey?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
hockieguy

I will make the point again...... The players are not the problem in Kville.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:30 PM
hockieguy

Seatter

I have seen players like Seatter a thousand times. And it is my opinion that unless someone, be it coach, management or a team mate address his huge prima donna attitude, this kid is going to have a tough time as he goes forward.... No matter who you are, and what you do, you still put your pants on the same way as the guy next to you. I have had a few coffees over the last month or so with several of the players and many are tired of his attitude. I know I am tired of seeing him mope off the ice when someone didn't pass him the puck etc...... I do however really like Blais. He is quick and works hard.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
I have seen players like Seatter a thousand times. And it is my opinion that unless someone, be it coach, management or a team mate address his huge prima donna attitude, this kid is going to have a tough time as he goes forward.... No matter who you are, and what you do, you still put your pants on the same way as the guy next to you. I have had a few coffees over the last month or so with several of the players and many are tired of his attitude. I know I am tired of seeing him mope off the ice when someone didn't pass him the puck etc...... I do however really like Blais. He is quick and works hard.
You hang it with the players? Isn't that kind of creepy?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
"a few coffees over the last month or so with several of the players".....for this to be true you have to be either a parent or player or somehow associated with the team or you are just making it up. Trashing a 17 year old continuously like you have done over the past few weeks helps no one, least of all the kid.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
hockieguy

Neither, I am a not a parent, and I don't hang out with these players. We happen to go to the same Tim Hortins for a coffee. There is nothing creepy about it at all. Several of the players see me at practices and games. I am a season ticket holder and have talked to them about their seasons. No different that what you guys are doing here. I am a paying fan and I have asked several players what their opinion of certain things and certain players. These guys play on the team, and they have opinions that matter. It may be a good idea for coaching and management to ask some of these guys what they think.

As far a trashing Seatter. I have not trashed Seatter at all. I have very simply stated that his "visible" attitude while on the ice, in front of everyone watching at the game needs to be fixed. Thats all. I then stated that I am tired of seeing it, and several of the players I see at Tim Hortins have said the same thing.

Now, how did this turn into trashing a kid and hanging around players? I will ask you, what gutter is your mind in?

Old
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
hockieguy

Maybe, putting this opinion out there about his "visible" attitude is what will help change it.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:28 PM
hockieguy

Ottawafan66

That is a pretty silly comment to make. Stupid actually.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Stupid! You can't say stupid? I thought that was illegal?
Boy if I new I could call people stupid.....I'm going to have to go back and re-write some of my posts!....

Anyways, if there is any room left on the the CPC band wagon....I want on. They were scary good in the first 2 periods against Nepean when I saw them. 10-0 over Kanata last night.....hitch up the horses.
Important game tonight for Nepean, can't lose twice in a week against Brockville, tonight at home. Raiders 4 Brockville 2, my prediction.

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 01-23-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: forgot
Old
01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Actually, you're the one who made the comment about having a coffee with the players. I was just wondering why a grown man would be doing this. Looks like I wasn't the only person who thought this was odd. Maybe you should be speaking with the coaches instead of the players?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Actually, you're the one who made the comment about having a coffee with the players. I was just wondering why a grown man would be doing this. Looks like I wasn't the only person who thought this was odd. Maybe you should be speaking with the coaches instead of the players?
It does sound weird for someone who is not associated with the team at all or a parent to be constantly engaged with them at the arena and outside of the arena...The majority of players will not outright put down or say they dislike a player on their team to a fan at the rink.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:55 PM
hockieguy

Sometimes all you have to do is ask. And there isn't anything wrong with talking with people at all, be it a player, a waitress or bus driver. Don't turn a few simple conversations into something that it isn't. It's kind of humorous to see how some posters react. Just because you show interest in a team, in a community of 3500, and actually aren''t afraid to ask questions, doesn't make you a creep or automatically a parent or friend of a players parent. As far as I know, there isn't any law that simply asking a question, and getting an honest answer is illegal. If I have a question, I am not afraid to ask it, nor am I afraid of the answers that I will get. Maybe, if some of you actually did the same thing, and asked a few questions, you will get answers that differ than what you may have assumed as correct and posted. If I have a question for any of the management or staff of any team, I will ask it. It is so discouraging that people assume things without really finding out the facts of something. My case in point is exactly what is happening here.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:03 PM
hockieguy

As far as not being associated with this team is incorrect. I and my wife are season pass holders and have paid money to see this team. We have every right to ask questions of anyone associated with this team. As a paying customer, their product is accountable to two of the people that contribute to their profits. Fans make this team and this league, and any other league possible to exist. So, if a team is not accountable to the fans paying to see them, then who are they accountable too? That is why I ask questions.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
overtheboards

Wasted 30 post on the last place team . They dont have any good players on their team because 3 of the top 5 scorers on the team come from another where they got most of their points , Cooney has the most amount of goals from players who started with the team @ the beginning and he only has 7 . At this time of the year , talking about kville , gloucester and cumberland is a waste of time because how the those teams are coached and how they are runned off the ice . Should be talking about the good games in the schedule between good teams and potential playoff math-up .

Old
01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
workforce

Quote:
As far as not being associated with this team is incorrect. I and my wife are season pass holders and have paid money to see this team. We have every right to ask questions of anyone associated with this team. As a paying customer, their product is accountable to two of the people that contribute to their profits. Fans make this team and this league, and any other league possible to exist. So, if a team is not accountable to the fans paying to see them, then who are they accountable too? That is why I ask questions.
This is probably the most intelligent thing I have read on this Board... EVER. A forthright season ticket holder gets called out as "creepy" by a group that fawns over SK. That same group keep their blinders on about the whole PLK experience... read Simmons book on Frost, Keefe etc. Better still, talk to a goalie named Chestnut and this group may get a different picture then the delusions that result from drinking red & white koolaid.

Take a look at how this league is run. The best season this league has had in the past 15 years that I have been following it (perhaps EVER)... along with a gratuitous "hockey void" brought on by an NHL lock-out... and what happens? Two things happen: 1. attendance dramatically declines in good markets (and if you believe the attendance stats, Kville is having a good year)... and 2. talk about charging players and playing in markets like Wellington, Kingston and Trenton. This Commissioner should be canned.

All you need to do is look at the cast of characters who are running this league and the personal connections to Wellington... and its pretty easy to connect the dots. City teams will be pushed out and teams further west will be brought in. What?... no talk about the Junior A Hockey Alliance? No talk about going outlaw and leaving Hockey Canada? When that happens, there will be zero accountability. Franchise values and the brand of this league will be sunk. How many buyers are lining up to buy Kanata? LOL.

What about teams and owners with close connections to Hockey Canada? What about coaches and players looking to advance in Hockey Canada? How will this league or any team be able to recruit any players local or foreign, with a "pay to play in an outlaw league" slogan.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Sometimes all you have to do is ask. And there isn't anything wrong with talking with people at all, be it a player, a waitress or bus driver. Don't turn a few simple conversations into something that it isn't. It's kind of humorous to see how some posters react. Just because you show interest in a team, in a community of 3500, and actually aren''t afraid to ask questions, doesn't make you a creep or automatically a parent or friend of a players parent. As far as I know, there isn't any law that simply asking a question, and getting an honest answer is illegal. If I have a question, I am not afraid to ask it, nor am I afraid of the answers that I will get. Maybe, if some of you actually did the same thing, and asked a few questions, you will get answers that differ than what you may have assumed as correct and posted. If I have a question for any of the management or staff of any team, I will ask it. It is so discouraging that people assume things without really finding out the facts of something. My case in point is exactly what is happening here.
Then why dont you ask them! Why dont you talk to the people you seem to have problems with rather then everyone else?

anyways there were two great games tonight! SF continues to fall and Nepean won a close one against a rising brockville team

Old
01-24-2013, 03:37 AM
oldnucks

Hockieguy, all you have done is insult a 17 year old kid. If his attitude is questionable well maybe that is because he is playing on the worst team in the league, if he was happy about it than i would question his character because who would be content with losing consistently. Of course its frustrating. The only person who's character I question is yours, grow up and talk about something different because there is alot more going on in this league rather than bashing a player no matter your reason.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:28 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Hockey Guy.....great post...most blogers on here are out to lunch...finally something that a real fans says..good for you....and another note....it has not been 3 years of losing....it has been SEVEN YEARS OF LOSING.....trust me i know what it is all about...some real bad years in the plk.....

Old
01-24-2013, 08:34 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by workforce View Post
This is probably the most intelligent thing I have read on this Board... EVER. A forthright season ticket holder gets called out as "creepy" by a group that fawns over SK. That same group keep their blinders on about the whole PLK experience... read Simmons book on Frost, Keefe etc. Better still, talk to a goalie named Chestnut and this group may get a different picture then the delusions that result from drinking red & white koolaid.

Take a look at how this league is run. The best season this league has had in the past 15 years that I have been following it (perhaps EVER)... along with a gratuitous "hockey void" brought on by an NHL lock-out... and what happens? Two things happen: 1. attendance dramatically declines in good markets (and if you believe the attendance stats, Kville is having a good year)... and 2. talk about charging players and playing in markets like Wellington, Kingston and Trenton. This Commissioner should be canned.

All you need to do is look at the cast of characters who are running this league and the personal connections to Wellington... and its pretty easy to connect the dots. City teams will be pushed out and teams further west will be brought in. What?... no talk about the Junior A Hockey Alliance? No talk about going outlaw and leaving Hockey Canada? When that happens, there will be zero accountability. Franchise values and the brand of this league will be sunk. How many buyers are lining up to buy Kanata? LOL.

What about teams and owners with close connections to Hockey Canada? What about coaches and players looking to advance in Hockey Canada? How will this league or any team be able to recruit any players local or foreign, with a "pay to play in an outlaw league" slogan.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
IMO being a fan does not give anyone the right to continually speak negatively about a 17 year old kid. If you want to ask questions of staff or ownership that is fine by me, although I doubt if they would answer any question regarding the behaviour of an individual player, that is something that gets dealt with inside the dressing room and sometimes it takes a while to change behaviour. Asking players, who are for the most part minors on Kville to comment about other players or to listen in on their discussion then post about it here is also wrong IMO.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
hockieguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Wasted 30 post on the last place team . They dont have any good players on their team because 3 of the top 5 scorers on the team come from another where they got most of their points , Cooney has the most amount of goals from players who started with the team @ the beginning and he only has 7 . At this time of the year , talking about kville , gloucester and cumberland is a waste of time because how the those teams are coached and how they are runned off the ice . Should be talking about the good games in the schedule between good teams and potential playoff math-up .
No team in this league is a "waste"? Without Kville, Cumberland or any other team that is deemed not worthy narrows the league down. Take Kville away, and the league is down to 11. Thats 22 players that don't get a chance to play. So minimalizing a team because they are at the bottom is pretty shot sighted and not very well thought out.

I will make this point again, there is nothing wrong with the majority of players that were here, are here now, or in the future. The problem is not on the ice.

Closed Thread