HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino seeking trade?

Old
01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
doug88

vCash: 365
he'd better be traded, this team is really ruining him and he'll never get to reach his full potential by staying here..

doug88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
TheIslesFan

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug88 View Post
he'd better be traded, this team is really ruining him and he'll never get to reach his full potential by staying here..
That's true, he better get out of town quick since none of our top picks have become stars in this league!

TheIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1118
Quote:

Get back to Snow in 5 and 1/2 more seasons, when Nino becomes a ufa.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
Toronto offers JVR straight up.
No thanks.

I've read how unimpressive JVR's been and Flyer fans responses that he'll play well for 1-2 games, then disappear.

Isle fans already have their whipping boys, in DiPietro and Okposo.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:44 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No thanks.

I've read how unimpressive JVR's been and Flyer fans responses that he'll play well for 1-2 games, then disappear.

Isle fans already have their whipping boys, in DiPietro and Okposo.
At least it's a reasonable proposal, that can't be said for the majority of the ones I've seen in the Trade Forum thread.

I see you're working OT in there, I've decided to stay out of it because I'm bound to slip up and get in trouble myself.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:50 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
At least it's a reasonable proposal, that can't be said for the majority of the ones I've seen in the Trade Forum thread.

I see you're working OT in there, I've decided to stay out of it because I'm bound to slip up and get in trouble myself.
So many crap offers.

I'm waiting for Oiler fans to come and tell me I'm underrating Gagner and Hemsky.

If I wait long enough, one of them will bring up that Tavares and Gagner used to skate together as 10 yr olds

Last edited by CREW99AW: 01-23-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Some many crap offers.

I'm waiting for Oiler fans to come and tell me I'm underrating Gagner and Hemsky.

If I wait long enough, one of them will bring up that Tavares and Gagner used to skate together as 10 yr olds
I can't even open that thread. I know what I'm going to find and I'm not gonna like it. Then you respond with a simple "no" and they start bashing your player, the same one they are trying to acquire, by saying he's not even that good. It's always the same ****.

Either way, Nino will be fine. He'll get his opportunity. He'll run with it. Both parties will be happy. The End.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:13 PM
steveat

I wouldn't mind sending Nino + for Wayne Simmonds, but inter-division trade is unlikely. I'd like Marchand, but we have enough lefties..We do need a guy like him to get under the other teams skin and affect their play.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I can't even open that thread. I know what I'm going to find and I'm not gonna like it. Then you respond with a simple "no" and they start bashing your player, the same one they are trying to acquire, by saying he's not even that good. It's always the same ****.

Either way, Nino will be fine. He'll get his opportunity. He'll run with it. Both parties will be happy. The End.
My fear is that Nino's agent will not be willing to negotiate with Snow in two years. By going public with not thinking his "client" can succeed under Snow/Capuano, if Nino stays with this guy, in two years what will come of this?

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
1st off whats this love affair with Can Fowler??? He fell to 12th so in hindsight 6 other teams had a chance to grab him and let him go. Here are the players picked before him and by position.
Let's start with the fact more than a few people wanted Fowler despite what some of the draft rags had to say. Sure more than a few teams chose over him, in particular the Rags screwed the pooch pretty bad, but right now with Nino pulling this stunt no one in their right mind can come out and say Nino was the right choice over Fowler, and I will tell you why.
1 - Right off the top, the Ducks, despite all of their good players, sucked rocks the past couple of years. While Cam led the way in minus, he had more than a little company in double digits minus.
2 - They made the exact same mistake with Cam that the Isles did with Nino - they plugged him in before he was ready. But look again at the stats. Nino has 1 whole point. Cam may have a big minus in the +/- dept, but at least he hit the ground running offensively.
3 - Watching both their first year, you could see game in Cam. I saw a lost puppy in Nino.
4 - Nino rose to the top 5 on the back of a standout performance in world juniors in part because his team had almost no offense and Conz stood on his head. It got him into our first round pick dept the same way DP's only claim to fame got him into Milbury's.
5 - And this is the big one, despite being tossed to the wolves, Cam is sticking in there and holding his tongue despite relegation to lower end minutes while trying to grow into the adult defensive game. I would be shocked if he said boo if he was stuck in the AHL, like he should have been. What's Nino do? Throw a nuclear bomb into the Isle's plans for him by acting like an entitled pouty pussbag. Has anyone ever heard Cam or his agent complain?

So go ahead and try to brow beat fans of a prospect who lead his team to a gold while another prospect stood out like a sore thumb on an almost completely offenseless team at the world juniors. Any number of people here wanted Cam over Nino, so please stop with the hindsight lie. That he pulls this garbage now just adds a pile of weight behind our angst, and rightfully so.

But don't blame us, blame Nino & his agent.

And really, quoting a blog and Corsi? Trust your eyes. Sometimes Corsi lines up with the truth, and sometimes it doesn't. +/- is even more of a lie. I've seen Cam play on good and bad days. He was rushed, but the skills are definitely there. Nino showed all but nothing during his time up.

BTW - Drew Doughty his first year with the Kings was a -18. Care to explain how he sucks? Know what I get from that? Don't rush your top prospects, but what do I know.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
My fear is that Nino's agent will not be willing to negotiate with Snow in two years. By going public with not thinking his "client" can succeed under Snow/Capuano, if Nino stays with this guy, in two years what will come of this?
Nino will be a rfa in 1 and 1/2 yrs. There's plenty of time for fence mending between Nino and the Isles.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Mustang2750

The only deal I would be ok with is one sending PK Subban the other way otherwise...no thanks.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:28 PM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Let's start with the fact more than a few people wanted Fowler despite what some of the draft rags had to say. Sure more than a few teams chose over him, in particular the Rags screwed the pooch pretty bad, but right now with Nino pulling this stunt no one in their right mind can come out and say Nino was the right choice over Fowler, and I will tell you why.
1 - Right off the top, the Ducks, despite all of their good players, sucked rocks the past couple of years. While Cam led the way in minus, he had more than a little company in double digits minus.
2 - They made the exact same mistake with Cam that the Isles did with Nino - they plugged him in before he was ready. But look again at the stats. Nino has 1 whole point. Cam may have a big minus in the +/- dept, but at least he hit the ground running offensively.
3 - Watching both their first year, you could see game in Cam. I saw a lost puppy in Nino.
4 - Nino rose to the top 5 on the back of a standout performance in world juniors in part because his team had almost no offense and Conz stood on his head. It got him into our first round pick dept the same way DP's only claim to fame got him into Milbury's.
5 - And this is the big one, despite being tossed to the wolves, Cam is sticking in there and holding his tongue despite relegation to lower end minutes while trying to grow into the adult defensive game. I would be shocked if he said boo if he was stuck in the AHL, like he should have been. What's Nino do? Throw a nuclear bomb into the Isle's plans for him by acting like an entitled pouty pussbag. Has anyone ever heard Cam or his agent complain?

So go ahead and try to brow beat fans of a prospect who lead his team to a gold while another prospect stood out like a sore thumb on an almost completely offenseless team at the world juniors. Any number of people here wanted Cam over Nino, so please stop with the hindsight lie. That he pulls this garbage now just adds a pile of weight behind our angst, and rightfully so.

But don't blame us, blame Nino & his agent.

And really, quoting a blog and Corsi? Trust your eyes. Sometimes Corsi lines up with the truth, and sometimes it doesn't. +/- is even more of a lie. I've seen Cam play on good and bad days. He was rushed, but the skills are definitely there. Nino showed all but nothing during his time up.

BTW - Drew Doughty his first year with the Kings was a -18. Care to explain how he sucks? KNow what I get from that? Don't rush your top prospects, but what do I know.
Doughty was rushed? When is a prospect ready to some of you people, 35?

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Care to elaborate as to why?

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:33 PM
StrongIslanders90

Nino's agent is an ******* plain and simple....Garth wont be bullied...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:34 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisUML View Post
If a kid's not in the pro's by age 13, he's useless.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
TheMadHatTrick

Leafs fan here. Always been a fan of Nino. Not sure what the needs of your team are, but what do you think it would take from our team to get him? We have a lot of young defensemen, if that helps.

TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatTrick View Post
Leafs fan here. Always been a fan of Nino. Not sure what the needs of your team are, but what do you think it would take from our team to get him? We have a lot of young defensemen, if that helps.

Wow. So do the NYI.
Hamonic, MacDonald, Reinhart, De Haan, Donovan, Pokka, Pelech, Mayfield and Pedan.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:43 PM
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN

vCash: 1110
I would take JVR for Nino in a NY minute...

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:44 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
I didn't know Doughty was rushed. Considering he made the Canadian Olympic Team as a 20 year old. Pretty impressive.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:46 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
I would take JVR for Nino in a NY minute...
^ definition of panicking

Old
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
redbull
respect, earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatTrick View Post
Islanders need everything. I don't believe Isles will trade Nino but if they do, they'll probably want a young forward or young defenseman, NHL capable, probably with some experience.

From Toronto, I'd guess someone better than Cody Franson, along the lines of Jake Gardiner or Morgan Rielly (of which the answer will be "NO")

If Nino doesn't go public and put Snow in a position of weakness, maybe the deal is EASIER. But now, with the perception that Snow has to deal a disgruntled player that may never play with them (Turris being the extreme example), other GMs will look to STEAL this prospect.

It's a lose-lose for Nino, just because his agent is dumb.

Nino was awful in the NHL last year. But outside the Oilers wunderkidz, he was the top young player in the AHL, ahead of players like Granlund, Schenn, Couturier, Kadri, and others. He'll probably lead the AHL in goals if he finishes the year there, on pace for 40, and just turned 20. This is a very good player and a top prospect, regardless of his mishandling last year.

I don't think the Leafs need Nino, they really should focus on getting a #1 C. I've been saying for years that the Leafs should try and pry Bailey, he'd be a PERFECT centre for Kessel.

For Nino, I'd ask for Rielly or Gardiner.

Leafs should try and pry Bailey though, tell Nonis.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
I tried to translate it for you guys. Hope it helps you in any way, since I guess it's pretty terrible
Thanks for this. Some thoughts on some of what you translated.
Quote:
Was it your idea to ask for a trade or Ninoís?
It was solely my idea and I have told Nino how I will proceed and that I will take over all responsibility for this. Itís not rushed at all. I thought about this for a long time and and gathered different opinions towards this topic.
That is pure fantasy. He is trying to take all the negative heat for this while putting Nino on the "not responsible" shelf. Only a 5 year old would agree with him. Nino gave him the green light, so this is Nino's responsibility. It is repugnant to suggest otherwise.
Quote:
So you canít see any chances for Nino Niederreiter with the Islanders?
To be honest: Not with this GM and not with this headcoach.
Ok, this one is a stick of dynamite. Wang has Snow sewn to his coat tails. The agent is basically telling the owner to fire Garth or lose Nino. Really, does he have any idea who Chuck "I don't negotiate, stay at the beach the rest of this season for all I care" Wang is? How about a GM that acted like Chris Botta had Ebola Ziare?
Quote:
So one can understand this as a cry for help?
Yes, if you want to call it that way. Now every NHL franchise knows that there is a chanceless 1st round draft pick that wants to leave.

Are there any reactions?
Yes. And many agree with me.
Wow. That's another bomb. So the agent has effectively solicited input from other clubs or am I reading this wrong? If it is, then that's tampering.
Quote:
You had a comparable, but not as dramatic situation with Luca Sbisa. Sbisa too got relegated to the farm team, even though he was way too good for that. But you didnít do anything back then.
This situation was different: I knew that the problem was Randy Carlyle, whose time was basically up with Anaheim. Luca Sbisa was highly regarded by the GM and we simply had to wait, until Carlyle was fired.
Wow again, going to the well of telling the owner to fire the GM, but without saying it.
Quote:
What are you going to do now?
Weíll see. Iíll have some tough negotiations with GM Garth Snow when Ninoís contract is over in two years, anyway. I want Nino Niederreiter on a team, that believes in him and that gives him a chance. It doesnít matter if this team is the New York Islanders or a different team.

Be honest: You hope that you will have to negotiate with the successor of Garth Snow.
It was you who said that, not me.
Ah, whatever. You can't act like it will be business as usual after the statements you just made.

I am surprised after reading this so many of you act like everything will go back to normal in a short while. Nino & his agent just demanded Garth get fired, opened the door to tampering, compared the GM to one that got canned, said nothing good will come of staying here... and you are convinced this will still end well?

IMO, this ends one of two ways - Garth gets fired (not happening unless Wang considers Nino the Alpine DP), or Nino gets traded. I'm thinking #2.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:55 PM
OpAck

Yeah...we're pretty well stocked on D now. From the sound of it...Nino's agent is being too pushy and tried to back Snow into a corner and Nino went along with it, stupidly. When Snow didn't flinch, "someone" in Nino's camp leaked to Strang that Nino wants to be traded to hopefully try to stir the pot a bit. Snow is probably pissed, and rightfully so, but knowing how Snow runs things and how he can be an ass, this is only going to make it more unlikely that Nino is traded. Unless of course, a GM calls him and blows him away with an offer (aka overpayment), which I don't think is going to happen. It's a tough situation though if the agent is really serious about Nino being disgruntled and not wanting to deal with Snow.

What could blow him away...is likely a top-6 young forward that is a little more established in the NHL than Nino or a top-4 young d-man who has the potential of becoming top-2. Even then, Snow would probably say no. A draft pick might help entice him. But honestly, I just don't think there's a team that would be that high on Nino to pull the trigger or even get them talking.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:08 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

Quote:
Actually I don't think he was rushed at all. I was responding to someone who saw very good goals/assists/points vs a terrible +/- Cam's first year and used that as a basis to crucify him. If you take anything away from Doughty's poor +/- (again, I don't because I know what BS +/- can be if all you do is stat-watch) it is that he should have been kept down a year like most defensive prospects should to work on his adult defensive game and adjust to the bigger bodies. Anaheim should have known better with Fowler, because Cam for all of his pluses, is no Doughty.