HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anton Khudobin

Old
01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Anton Khudobin

I'd like to know what Boston and Minnesota fans opinion are on him? He always seemed put up decent numbers in the AHL but at the same time was behind Backstrom/Harding and then Thomas/Rask. He hasn't had a lot of starts but usually played well in his limited starts.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Bruin4Life

Love him. If Rask struggles he will grab the reigns and run with him. He's a fantastic goalie and I'm hoping Boston signs him again and keeps him if Rask decides to get a bit pricey.

Remember that both years that he played in Providence were on weak teams finishing under .500

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Love him. If Rask struggles he will grab the reigns and run with him. He's a fantastic goalie and I'm hoping Boston signs him again and keeps him if Rask decides to get a bit pricey.

Remember that both years that he played in Providence were on weak teams finishing under .500
Thanks, as far as I can tell the only reason he hasn't been a consistent starter is because the quality of netminders he's been slated behind. I suggested him as a possibility for the Hawks to go after but some fans think Anton is washed up and Ray Emery is a better option.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Right now hes a backup goalie, but I'm extremely confident in his ability to spell Rask for a number of games. Think he could be a starter somewhere down the line for sure.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
He's crucial for this team, Svedberg needs at least this year in Providence to get used to the NA ice and game to be an effective backup/future starter, and Subban is years away. He's only played one game as a Bruin, and he was absolutely fantastic in it... Very confident in him as our backup, especially with the way Rask is playing.

Depending on how he does this season, I hope we re-sign him. He's stated interest that he may be KHL-bound after this season, though. He's undecided but that makes me nervous.

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
He's crucial for this team, Svedberg needs at least this year in Providence to get used to the NA ice and game to be an effective backup/future starter, and Subban is years away. He's only played one game as a Bruin, and he was absolutely fantastic in it... Very confident in him as our backup, especially with the way Rask is playing.

Depending on how he does this season, I hope we re-sign him. He's stated interest that he may be KHL-bound after this season, though. He's undecided but that makes me nervous.
I'm sure hed take a starting gig in the KHL over backup duties in the NHL, cant blame him at all for that.

Id prefer Svedberg to play in the AHL for the next 2-3 years, hes only 23 and has plenty of development time to go. Easy enough to get a stop gap veteran goalie for 1 or 2 years. Plus the competition between Subban and Svedberg will only help both of them when Subban arrives.

For now, Khudobin is a fantastic backup.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote