HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
What are your damages? That you didn't receive the experience you expected? Even if you were to somehow convince a court to hear that, you are instantly made whole by a full refund. Not going to happen. It's far, far more likely the city sues for a multitude of reasons. That doesn't mean the team magically stays, though. There's nothing stopping the NHL from just whisking the team away while they sort out some punitive damages for Glendale. They could even let the 31st lapse, go to extend, and be denied. Then they'd have an even better case for walking away, without fear of being sued.

Not really. If January 31st comes and goes, there will be a lot more questions than there are answers. The Coyotes schedule is suspiciously front-loaded with home games. Wouldn't be hard for them to pull the plug, and honestly, they wouldn't be incurring significant losses over what they are already slated to lose. It won't be ugly. Did you see how quickly and quietly Atlanta was snuffed out? You don't think, after all this time (and an arena being built in QC) that there aren't back room dealings?

The Coyotes were $25 million away from moving to Winnipeg over the Thrashers. We are not special
shouldnt you be out on a ledge somewhere?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
How can ANYONE think that there's hope past February 1st?
For the same reason why they're so many out of touch ideas from so many sides in this mess or on any other given discussion for that matter. Stuff like truth and facts are not well taken among many of those who don't like to be proven wrong and have to make any kind of changes to their argument as a result, especially by those in the blame game who have developed a self fulfilling prophecy by putting all of the blame on someone else.

Think about it! Come Feb 1st(should the sale not be completed at the deadline of course) those who are objective will tell Jamison to show us the money. Either he will or he won't but if he doesn't, instead of saying he doesn't have the money, he will say something to the tone of " I have the money but...." "and I need more time to get the deal done with the NHL and the City is not willing to work with me on it". Then comes the respose from those who blame the City for why a deal can't be done "Why does Glendale have such incompetent politicans who can't get a deal done?" "Jamison said he has the money and needs more time and Glendale is too stupid to figure this out, they are not willing to work with anyone on this because they know nothing about business.". Then comes in someone like me to debunk this crap the City of Glendale gets by making the case that there is plenty of blame to go around for why the team is in the mess it is in by stating the truth and facts going back even before the bankruptcy papers were filed. As a result, I get a mixed response of the following for those not willing to make any chagnes to their arguement: strawman argument, cherry pickings, personal attacks, whoosh, "conspiracy" getting thrown around too easy, etc, etc.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 01-22-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 02:35 PM
moosemeister

It's a little sad, that the Sacramento Kings are about to be sold to Hansen, yet we are still anxiously waiting for something to happen, going on year four. All we can do is hope Jamison is the real deal, or we win the effing lotto.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Today's Update:
Quote:
@rocandmanuch: BTW LeBlanc was at the game
Plus Jamison was at last Wednesday's scrimmage.

Old Rehash:
Quote:
Ice Edge head Anthony LeBlanc has been in discussions with Jamison throughout the summer in putting a deal together to buy the team although it's not known exactly what role the group will play in the new ownership structure.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/83...ures-financing

Old
01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
doaner

Round and round we go! Next stop, looney bin hotel!

Old
01-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

I should also add that they amount of suites occupied was at the highest levels I have ever seen on Sunday. Also, with low amounts of Blackhawk fans in attendance, I am thinking some of them converted after last year.

Tonight's game will be in the 9-10,000 range with the late start but Saturday is on pace to hit the 14,000 range. Showing some great improvement.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:05 PM
goyotes

As a STH, I tend to not defend attendance at Coyote games, which I think is generally terrible and disappointing to me. Plus, more fans in attendance makes my experience watching the game better.

However, I do agree there were a lot less Hawk fans than in years past. That was a good sign. Most probably due to the fact they couldn't get the trip down from Chicago on their schedule in time with only one week's notice.

Also, I was pleased to see the suites did seem to be fuller. A lot less blacked out suites.

However, attendance under 10k is terrible. Excuses will not matter to anyone. Attendance on a weekend of less than 15k is terrible to. It just is. Especially against LA after the Western Conference Finals. I can understand why attendance is what it is, especially with the short notice on the lockout resolution and little time to sell single game tickets, but we are kidding ourselves as a market if we think we can survive under any owner with less than 15k average attendance at standard NHL prices of $50 on average. Even at those numbers, the team will always be a salary cap floor team.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Well I dont know what the actual attendance for tonight's game will be. Last year in March during the week, 13,000 showed up for a CBJ game. Most of the Kings' games only had 11,000 or so last year and it did not matter if it was a weekend or not.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
ssmatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well I dont know what the actual attendance for tonight's game will be. Last year in March during the week, 13,000 showed up for a CBJ game. Most of the Kings' games only had 11,000 or so last year and it did not matter if it was a weekend or not.
March=Spring Training=Out of town sports fans looking for evening entertainment.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
March=Spring Training=Out of town sports fans looking for evening entertainment.
I was trying to show the last time they came here during the week. I also disagree with the Spring Training=Higher NHL attendance idea. It would mean that a lot of folks would be going to a game at 1pm and then heading over for a hockey game at 6pm. I think the Coyotes suffer during this period since families usually dont do both and obviously changing out your cloths is another challenge (I have done it before though but I dont see it being a regular event).

But 2 years ago on Jan 4, 2011 the attendance was around 9,000 for a CBJ game during the week. This is why I think it will be around 10,000 tonight which would be an 11% increase. A lot of people want attendance to jump through the roof immediately are not being realistic.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Fathead

[QUOTE=naurutger;58166551] I also disagree with the Spring Training=Higher NHL attendance idea. It would mean that a lot of folks would be going to a game at 1pm and then heading over for a hockey game at 6pm.

Sorry but your so wrong about this so many people come to AZ for Spring training and Spring Break and decide to go catch a NHL game when intown. Weekday Hockey games start at 7:00 so it would work out great to see a game at 1 then hockey at 7.
Before I moved to AZ 10+ years ago I would do this everytime I came down for spring training games and go see the Yotes.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

[QUOTE=rick1424;58171591]
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I also disagree with the Spring Training=Higher NHL attendance idea. It would mean that a lot of folks would be going to a game at 1pm and then heading over for a hockey game at 6pm.

Sorry but your so wrong about this so many people come to AZ for Spring training and Spring Break and decide to go catch a NHL game when intown. Weekday Hockey games start at 7:00 so it would work out great to see a game at 1 then hockey at 7.
Before I moved to AZ 10+ years ago I would do this everytime I came down for spring training games and go see the Yotes.
Ha, I have tried but people dont like double headers. It has to be their team in town and they have to want to go home and clean up before a game. I am saying that I have done it but unless one of the MLB visitor's NHL team is playing, they are not going to want both games. A Red's fan for example would not want to go see the Coyotes play the Ducks.

In this case though, you are a hockey fan. But the casual Phoenix fan will do one or the other; not both.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
From twitter:

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz

Just spoke to prospective #Coyotes owner Greg Jamison. Nothing new to report at this time. Quote will follow in the next tweet.

Greg Jamison: "We’re working to finish this. We’re aware of the deadline and we know what we have to do to get it to the finish."

------

Time's a'wasting.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
"We’re working to finish this. We’re aware of the deadline and we know what we have to do to get it to the finish."
Sounds like they are praying for more investors.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:22 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
My guess is they're crossing their fingers for the league to help with financing or last-minute price negotiation. I'm not holding my breath.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:10 PM
lockstock

At least he called it a deadline. I don't see them trying to get an extension. That's something...

Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Well, at least we can't say two weeks anymore.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

50/50

Old
01-24-2013, 11:30 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
From twitter:

Just spoke to prospective #Coyotes owner Greg Jamison. Nothing new to report at this time. Quote will follow in the next tweet.

Greg Jamison: "We’re working to finish this. We’re aware of the deadline and we know what we have to do to get it to the finish."

------

Time's a'wasting.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
My guess is they're crossing their fingers for the league to help with financing or last-minute price negotiation. I'm not holding my breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
At least he called it a deadline. I don't see them trying to get an extension. That's something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Well, at least we can't say two weeks anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
50/50
For all we know everything is in place and Jamison is simply dragging it out just to piss off the posters in BoH.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:31 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
I just wish that a reporter type would ask Jamison if he'd come out and say the deal won't go through as soon as he knows if that is the case. I'm sure we'd all want to know what are the things that have been done in the process since the COG vote in November and what is left to do. I guess that's what bugs people the most.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:26 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
I just wish that a reporter type would ask Jamison if he'd come out and say the deal won't go through as soon as he knows if that is the case. I'm sure we'd all want to know what are the things that have been done in the process since the COG vote in November and what is left to do. I guess that's what bugs people the most.
I bet Scruggs will come out and say it right away. She'd love to break that news. Her last goal in life is to be the person that helped bring the Coyotes in and take them out.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

I still get a kick how Lieberman and Scruggs were once supporters of bad deals and how Clark was against the old proposals....Chuck Norris style vendettas between those characters.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I think we should chill out on the speculation, I'm sure the man is doing all he can do. If he can't pull this together by next week then maybe we don't deserve a team & this trully isnt a viable market; four different owner groups kicked the tires. I'm the interim I am keeping the faith.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
If it becomes clear to the NHL and Jamison that he will not be able to complete this sale, we will NOT be informed. That's the thing you can be most confident about in this process. If Jamison misses the deadline, he will almost certainly maintain publicly that he's attempting to work with the city for an extension. The league will almost certainly maintain publicly that they continue to work with Jamison. The city will almost certainly maintain that they are doing all they can to facilitate a positive resolution to the matter. If the new council is vehemently against the 320m, and Jamison has no prayer of closing with every penny of that amount, I imagine all sides will keep that fairly close to the vest, while the NHL begins the process of exploring relocation. I imagine all sides will feel it best to keep up appearances of positive progress toward closing until the the last home game has been played. We will be given false hope from all sides until the day relocation is officially announced.

At this moment it appears very clear to all of us fans (for and against the Coyotes remaining in Glendale) that January 31st is a drop-dead date. I suspect most of us (myself included) will reverse that opinion in the event that January 31st comes and goes without resolution and all sides provide statements that the process is NOT dead in the water and they there is still HOPE for a positive resolution. They'll hint at unknown circumstances that might allow for a sale to be completed and we'll all have to accept that there might be.

In other words, it will be business as usual and nothing will have actually changed since the day Moyes filed for BK. We will be in the dark, and hanging our hopes on incredibly limited information.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
lockstock

Why would CoG keep it quiet if they have no intention of extending. I think if that's the case and the drop dead date passes, the very next council meeting will be about getting an arena manager to fill as many dates as possible. Moving forward. We'll know. Either they'll have a working relationship with GJ and there's still hope or they cut the rope and start making moves to limit losses immediately. Unless the NHL promises them something to keep it quiet, in which case the question would be, why couldn't they drop the price by that amount.

Closed Thread