HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 02:22 PM
  #51
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,898
vCash: 500
Speculation: If Leksand ends up being promoted to the SEL next year (they lead the Allsvenskan) does Forsberg stay for another year to develop, or would he make the jump? As a Caps fan I'd like to him to make the jump, but a year in the SEL might not be a bad option for long term development. He's still young, won't be 19 until August

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
  #52
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Speculation: If Leksand ends up being promoted to the SEL next year (they lead the Allsvenskan) does Forsberg stay for another year to develop, or would he make the jump? As a Caps fan I'd like to him to make the jump, but a year in the SEL might not be a bad option for long term development. He's still young, won't be 19 until August
Late draft birthday, so could go either way. Physically and mentally I believe he will be ready. I don't see SEL2 to NHL right away as an obstacle in his case, not really a bigger jump than CHL to NHL for that matter.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:07 PM
  #53
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
I would like Leksand to be promoted this year but I don't want to see Forsberg in the SEL. The level of hockey there is slightly better but i'm not sure the style of hockey that's being played there will be good for his development. He is an offensive player and I hope he heads over to NA to develop those qualities. Hopefully he can play a few games in the AHL after his season with Leksand is over.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM
  #54
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,898
vCash: 500
thanks for the feedback, Joe and Perry2Perry

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:52 AM
  #55
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
I would like Leksand to be promoted this year but I don't want to see Forsberg in the SEL. The level of hockey there is slightly better but i'm not sure the style of hockey that's being played there will be good for his development. He is an offensive player and I hope he heads over to NA to develop those qualities. Hopefully he can play a few games in the AHL after his season with Leksand is over.
It's not a bad thing to get defensively mature either. But I agree the SEL sure is very oriented on defense.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:06 AM
  #56
gretskidoo
Registered User
 
gretskidoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
It's not a bad thing to get defensively mature either. But I agree the SEL sure is very oriented on defense.
Leksand wouldn't just start playing defense first hockey just because they get promoted, I would hope.

Playing against teams that are far better defensively, let alone better overall, would surely be better for his development. As long as his ice-time doesn't suffer or they start using him as a shutdown forward, of course.

gretskidoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:59 AM
  #57
OiledUp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Leksand wouldn't just start playing defense first hockey just because they get promoted, I would hope.

Playing against teams that are far better defensively, let alone better overall, would surely be better for his development. As long as his ice-time doesn't suffer or they start using him as a shutdown forward, of course.
Yeah, I think Silfverberg has proven that SEL is a pretty ok path to take if you wanna develop your offensive game.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
  #58
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Leksand wouldn't just start playing defense first hockey just because they get promoted, I would hope.

Playing against teams that are far better defensively, let alone better overall, would surely be better for his development. As long as his ice-time doesn't suffer or they start using him as a shutdown forward, of course.
If Leksand makes it the Elite Leauge, they will have to play a lot more on the defense than now.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
  #59
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 7,976
vCash: 500
E.Lindholm sidelined?

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
  #60
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
E.Lindholm sidelined?
Illness I believe.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:15 PM
  #61
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,802
vCash: 500
Allsvenskan:
Wallmark 2G
Forsberg 1G
Burakovsky 1G
Andersson 1A

Wallmark has 3+3 in 8 games now. Burakovsky has 3+4 in 31 games.. Without reading further into it.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:23 PM
  #62
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Erik Karlsson (Carolina) also had an assist for Karlskrona

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
  #63
Shyguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Allsvenskan:
Wallmark 2G
Forsberg 1G
Burakovsky 1G
Andersson 1A

Wallmark has 3+3 in 8 games now. Burakovsky has 3+4 in 31 games.. Without reading further into it.
Good for Wallmark, I wonder if he could be a sleeper in the draft. ATM I don't think he's expected to go in the first 3 rounds.

Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:44 PM
  #64
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyguy View Post
Good for Wallmark, I wonder if he could be a sleeper in the draft. ATM I don't think he's expected to go in the first 3 rounds.
He's had a great start in Allsvenskan on a bottom team. There is really nothing wrong with his numbers at any level, his skating has looked really awkward the few times I've seen him though.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
  #65
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyguy View Post
Good for Wallmark, I wonder if he could be a sleeper in the draft. ATM I don't think he's expected to go in the first 3 rounds.
I think he's been around 3rd round material for a while. A good finish and U18 Worlds could probably work him into the top60. But he needs to show skating isn't too big of an obstacle.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:29 PM
  #66
Shyguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
He's had a great start in Allsvenskan on a bottom team. There is really nothing wrong with his numbers at any level, his skating has looked really awkward the few times I've seen him though.
Well, he's not the first prospect to enter the draft with questionable skating/shot/physicality etc. All those things can be worked on and improved, the kid is still young.

Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:55 AM
  #67
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyguy View Post
Well, he's not the first prospect to enter the draft with questionable skating/shot/physicality etc. All those things can be worked on and improved, the kid is still young.
And yesterday he scored again, a shorthanded goal. Im surprised Wallmark gets to play both PP and BP.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:05 PM
  #68
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Can anyone give me updates on any of the following Swedish Preds prospects?:

Max Gortz
Pontus Aberg
Simon Fernholm

I'm hoping Aberg can develop into a nice sniper for the Preds, we need someone who can shoot the pick. I'm also really intrigued by Gortz and Fernholm.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:53 AM
  #69
Coffe
Registered User
 
Coffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,231
vCash: 500
William Nylander will likely make his debute for SSK tomorrow vs Djurgården.

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:49 AM
  #70
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Can anyone give me updates on any of the following Swedish Preds prospects?:

Max Gortz
Pontus Aberg
Simon Fernholm

I'm hoping Aberg can develop into a nice sniper for the Preds, we need someone who can shoot the pick. I'm also really intrigued by Gortz and Fernholm.
I've liked Gortz this season. He was often one of the best players on the Swedish U20 squad, too bad he got injured. He's shown he can score at the men's level, but he's not really playing that role for now. Going forward, I think he's either the hard worker you put with skill guys, or he's a 3rd liner. Seems like the type of player who fits like a glove into Nashville's system. If I'm the Preds, I either make sure he gets a somewhat more offensive role in the SEL next season, or I bring him over to North America so he can work on it further there.

Aberg turned a corner this season when he was cut from the WJC squad. Like you said he can shoot the puck. But he has work to do when it comes to accuracy. No PP goals after 41 games is also unacceptable for him. He's having a very solid season for a junior player in a men's league, but it could've been even better considering how good he can be.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
  #71
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I've liked Gortz this season. He was often one of the best players on the Swedish U20 squad, too bad he got injured. He's shown he can score at the men's level, but he's not really playing that role for now. Going forward, I think he's either the hard worker you put with skill guys, or he's a 3rd liner. Seems like the type of player who fits like a glove into Nashville's system. If I'm the Preds, I either make sure he gets a somewhat more offensive role in the SEL next season, or I bring him over to North America so he can work on it further there.

Aberg turned a corner this season when he was cut from the WJC squad. Like you said he can shoot the puck. But he has work to do when it comes to accuracy. No PP goals after 41 games is also unacceptable for him. He's having a very solid season for a junior player in a men's league, but it could've been even better considering how good he can be.
I watched a couple of games on the internet during the lockout and I noticed that Aberg loves to shoot. We need forwards like that. I think he should stay maybe one more year in Sweden and then move to NA and challenge for a spot on the Preds offense immediately.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
  #72
Konnan511
#Loyalty
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Detroit Red Wings - Both Bäckman and Järnkrok chosen to the Swedish national team roster for next week's tournament.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:14 AM
  #73
Coffe
Registered User
 
Coffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,231
vCash: 500
No debute for William Nylander tonight, apparently he wasn't declared 100% fit.

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:35 AM
  #74
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 500
Wikstrand staying in Mora..

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
  #75
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: København/Skellefteå
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Arvid Lundberg will be playing his first full SEL-game tonight.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.