HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Ralph
Stevehead.

vCash: 500
Hey, double XP is coming Friday.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

The wood chipper scene made me laugh.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Sick of the Skorpion. Even with extended mags. Trying to kill at long distance is a total crapshoot and usually takes my entire clip to pull the kill. Facing 3 or more enemies that can see me usually means death. I rarely make it out of those situations alive let alone get two kills before being taken down. The only triple/quad kills I ever get is when I've snuck up behind them. Switching to the PDW. Slower fire rate, but stronger and more ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Hey, double XP is coming Friday.

For Xbox or both? Because Revolution is XBL only this month.

I might be 6th prestige before it even kicks in. I'm at 5th/lvl 46

That commercial was awesome. I want one.

Last edited by DuckJet: 01-22-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Richie10

Been using different, random perks/weapons/wildcards/equipment/scorestreaks lately out of boredom and for a challenge. I'm almost finished with every score streak challenge. Need a few more RC-XD, War Machine, and Death Machine kills.

Made a commitment to diamond camo the ARs this morning - not sure what I'm getting myself into, lol. I've finished the AN, FAL, and Type 25. About halfway through the MTAR and M8. So many guns.

BTW, some perks are just totally useless in this game, I swear. Blind Eye and Hard Wired are probably two of the worst perks in any Call of Duty ever.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:48 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Been using different, random perks/weapons/wildcards/equipment/scorestreaks lately out of boredom and for a challenge. I'm almost finished with every score streak challenge. Need a few more RC-XD, War Machine, and Death Machine kills.

Made a commitment to diamond camo the ARs this morning - not sure what I'm getting myself into, lol. I've finished the AN, FAL, and Type 25. About halfway through the MTAR and M8. So many guns.

BTW, some perks are just totally useless in this game, I swear. Blind Eye and Hard Wired are probably two of the worst perks in any Call of Duty ever.
Definitely a grind. I have 92 headshots with the M27 right now, the last gun I need to gold before I get diamond ARs. Should be able to finish it tomorrow if I can get on for about 2 hours.

I'll have diamond ARs and SMGs when finished. Not excited that I have to gold another gun though when the Peacemaker comes to town

At least I'll keep my diamond SMGs, even with the Peacekeeper in there not being gold.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:19 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

Hard Wired I agree with.

Blind eye I wont.

Blind eye will protect you against Choppers and Hunter Killers. It's always on my AA class.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
southpaw24

i havent played ina few days. things were getting boring a bit so im staying away till the new maps come out

Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
I don't see much point of Blind Eye either. In TDM there is never AI controlled support in the air to make it useful. Maybe in other game modes though.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:09 AM
FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Sick of the Skorpion. Even with extended mags. Trying to kill at long distance is a total crapshoot and usually takes my entire clip to pull the kill. Facing 3 or more enemies that can see me usually means death. I rarely make it out of those situations alive let alone get two kills before being taken down. The only triple/quad kills I ever get is when I've snuck up behind them. Switching to the PDW. Slower fire rate, but stronger and more ammo.

For Xbox or both? Because Revolution is XBL only this month.

I might be 6th prestige before it even kicks in. I'm at 5th/lvl 46

That commercial was awesome. I want one.
Thing about the Scorpion is if you got a bad connection in a game the rate of fire helps you out. Its become my crutch gun when I have to play people from other parts of the states in Merc Mosh Pit.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:06 AM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Thing about the Scorpion is if you got a bad connection in a game the rate of fire helps you out. Its become my crutch gun when I have to play people from other parts of the states in Merc Mosh Pit.
If I start to lag up I bust out my remington class. The one time I'll allow myself to be a ****

Old
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Snipeshow

Is it double XP yet? That mixed with new map pack should spice things up for me.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

I'm going to Ottawa Friday until Monday...I'm totally missing the double XP.

01-23-2013, 10:40 AM
RussianRocket10

I'll make sure not to miss this double XP since I missed the last one. I believe I'm 3rd prestige level 45 right now. I wanna make it to 5th prestige but that would be a ton of playing time.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Snipeshow

I ALWAYS miss double XP so I'm happy I can hit it this time.

If it would have been the typical "weekend after the map pack" I would have missed it. Pleasant surprise.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:09 AM
RussianRocket10

I hear there's going to be some nerfs and buffs with the next patch. Haven't heard any specific guns being mentioned yet though. Plus here's some questions answered about the Peacekeeper and keeping/getting diamond camo for SMG's.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Currently prestige 8 , and doing a sniper only prestige . You can only use a sniper and semi-auto pistols . Can't pick up any weapons / can't play any party modes / no full auto pistols . Equipment is allowed .

Me and my friend do one every CoD together . It's funny though we always finish the game 1 and 2 , and we still do even when were sniping -.- .

Kind of OT but my friend got 31 defends on GroundWar dominition , and went 62-2 , a few days ago .

Old
01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Instead of worrying about the strength of weapons, Treyarch should concentrate on fixing their ****** ass'd lag compensation.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Don't count on it.
Really think they're going overboard with their double XP weekends. Either I'm really good or these opportunities are really easy ways to prestige. Thanks to the last DXP weekend I prestige twice in 4 days.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Ralph
Stevehead.

It will be up at 1PM EST across all consoles and PC through Monday.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
Instead of worrying about the strength of weapons, Treyarch should concentrate on fixing their ****** ass'd lag compensation.
Activision is making money hand over fist on these games, yet they're too cheap to pay for dedicated servers.

I bet lag compensation is their idea of "fixed".

Old
01-23-2013, 02:28 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Currently prestige 8 , and doing a sniper only prestige . You can only use a sniper and semi-auto pistols . Can't pick up any weapons / can't play any party modes / no full auto pistols . Equipment is allowed .

Me and my friend do one every CoD together . It's funny though we always finish the game 1 and 2 , and we still do even when were sniping -.- .

Kind of OT but my friend got 31 defends on GroundWar dominition , and went 62-2 , a few days ago .
I usually do this as well for every COD. Though I missed MW3 due to map sizing and playability. Just got really stale really quickly. Never got a map pack.

BO2 is currently suffering from the same thing in regards to letting me do a sniping prestige. The maps are too much of a cluster**** most of the time with poor sight lines.

I'll wait till the Map pack comes out before I really decide. Also, having ghost be only functional while moving kind of limits that as well. I do like it when I'm not sniping as it forces snipers to move and limits camping, but damn. How am i supposed to snipe if I'm always on the radar?

Old
01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
They never will.

And Vonderhaar will never acknowledge it being crappy. He ignores it when people ask. The most I have seen him even say about it was "Theater mode cannot be relied upon to show an accurate picture of what happened" which is fine, but then won't even comment on DVR recordings which show the issues plain as day.

You think he would ever comment on that EXCELLENT lag comp video explanation from earlier in this thread? Never. He's too busy being smug.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:43 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
I usually do this as well for every COD. Though I missed MW3 due to map sizing and playability. Just got really stale really quickly. Never got a map pack.

BO2 is currently suffering from the same thing in regards to letting me do a sniping prestige. The maps are too much of a cluster**** most of the time with poor sight lines.

I'll wait till the Map pack comes out before I really decide. Also, having ghost be only functional while moving kind of limits that as well. I do like it when I'm not sniping as it forces snipers to move and limits camping, but damn. How am i supposed to snipe if I'm always on the radar?
Play domination.
Cap B.
Find one of the million sight lines overlooking B on every map.
Snipe your heart out.

Especially easy on Drone.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
They never will.

And Vonderhaar will never acknowledge it being crappy. He ignores it when people ask. The most I have seen him even say about it was "Theater mode cannot be relied upon to show an accurate picture of what happened" which is fine, but then won't even comment on DVR recordings which show the issues plain as day.

You think he would ever comment on that EXCELLENT lag comp video explanation from earlier in this thread? Never. He's too busy being smug.
Can you blame him? He will probably get fired if he ever comments on it. I am guessing it is his Activision bosses who don't want dedicated servers...not much he can do.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Pete Mitchell
"Watch the canopy!!"

Finally finished off Diamond Camos for the Crossbow, Balistic Knife, Riot Sheild and Knife!! To go with Diamond Pistols, going to work on snipers next. Should be a breeze compaired to the specials and pistols.

Closed Thread