HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Talk - Proposals, Speculation, Roster-shaping

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Yet the Isles have no reason to deal Niederreiter if they aren't getting a high quality piece in return. If Snow entertains it, he has to be looking for a high-skill guy and from Buffalo, that's pretty much Armia. I'm not too keen on it as I'd like to see what Buffalo has in their Finnisher, just looking from the Isles side. I suppose my point was simpler put as "Adam-Brennan-and-a-2nd is **** all bad".
yea, i completely agree with you. A package of "nice stuff" is not going to net you another team's top 5 pick from 2 years ago.

I'm just not trading Armia.

You don't swap lottery tickets.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Even the idea of someone like McNabb or Pysyk will strain things likely as soon as next season. With the cap drop, it wouldn't be a surprise if at least one of Leopold or Regehr aren't back, and while it scares the hell out of me, they're going to need a kid on an ELC earning his pay and carrying the load in place of one of those guys. If they deal one of McNabb or Pysyk, now Nino is stuck behind Pominville/Stafford and neck and neck with Armia on the depth chart prospect-wise -- it's not going to be all peaches for his camp -- and the Sabres are missing replacement depth for their older UFA d-men. Eh, kicking the tires is fine, but the pieces Snow would likely want aren't really making this a "oh yeah, we need that guy" sort of deal.

Pass for now. See what they have with their own kids. I have to admit, the thought of Armia and Grigorenko meshing is remarkably exciting.

01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Even the idea of someone like McNabb or Pysyk will strain things likely as soon as next season. With the cap drop, it wouldn't be a surprise if at least one of Leopold or Regehr aren't back, and while it scares the hell out of me, they're going to need a kid on an ELC earning his pay and carrying the load in place of one of those guys. If they deal one of McNabb or Pysyk, now Nino is stuck behind Pominville/Stafford and neck and neck with Armia on the depth chart prospect-wise -- it's not going to be all peaches for his camp -- and the Sabres are missing replacement depth for their older UFA d-men. Eh, kicking the tires is fine, but the pieces Snow would likely want aren't really making this a "oh yeah, we need that guy" sort of deal.

Pass for now. See what they have with their own kids. I have to admit, the thought of Armia and Grigorenko meshing is remarkably exciting.
fingers crossed! I hope they don't re-sign either.

Not that I want ELCs all over the lineup...

Nino interests me, only if Snow views the time as now... I mean, the Isles aren't a terrible team this year. They could dangle a high end prospect, that couldn't make the team, for NHL talent now.

I still don't see a match (since I'm a huge Sekera fan, and think he would be the type of centerpiece to a deal). Or I could see them looking to bolster their 2nd line (Stafford?)

Anyways... no reasons for Snow to swap prospects, or trade Nino at all... unless, he wants to make a win now type of trade (i dont mean win a cup, i mean, win games and make the playoffs)

Old
01-22-2013, 04:26 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yet the Isles have no reason to deal Niederreiter if they aren't getting a high quality piece in return. If Snow entertains it, he has to be looking for a high-skill guy and from Buffalo, that's pretty much Armia. I'm not too keen on it as I'd like to see what Buffalo has in their Finnisher, just looking from the Isles side. I suppose my point was simpler put as "Adam-Brennan-and-a-2nd is **** all bad".
1 pt in 55 games last year isn't exactly flattering. He could very well be a "bust" prospect. Obviously its to soon to make that call, but hes not really that impressive of a prospect. I think Brennan would not be a bad deal for us. PPG AHL D (Only behind Justin S) Since we have a logjam on D here. After Streit who is getting up there in age, the Isles don't have any quality offensive power play D men.

Also Ninos "Camp" wants him to be traded. Similar to how CoHos "Camp/Parents" wanted him to be patient. Kassian is not in the same league as Coho and that is quickly becoming evident. We destroyed the Canucks in that trade. Where is Grags even playing right now? ^_^

Old
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
1 pt in 55 games last year isn't exactly flattering. He could very well be a "bust" prospect. Obviously its to soon to make that call, but hes not really that impressive of a prospect. I think Brennan would not be a bad deal for us. PPG AHL D (Only behind Justin S) Since we have a logjam on D here. After Streit who is getting up there in age, the Isles don't have any quality offensive power play D men.

Also Ninos "Camp" wants him to be traded. Similar to how CoHos "Camp/Parents" wanted him to be patient. Kassian is not in the same league as Coho and that is quickly becoming evident. We destroyed the Canucks in that trade. Where is Grags even playing right now? ^_^
Kassian is playing on the top line with the Sedin's and has looked really good so far, so let's tap the brakes on how badly we destroyed Vancouver on that trade. Kassian absolutely was a top prospect and I would still love to have him on this team. Honestly, I think the Foligno>Kassian idea may have taken off too quickly. Not saying I regret the trade, just that it may not have been as lopsided as we all want to believe.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Presten

Quote:

How many points do you think Armia would put up with Pandolfo as his playmaker, getting 4th line minutes? Those 50 games are just meaningless to mention at this point, not a single offensive talent would be able to play up to his potential in a situation like that.

I really cant stand that organization.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:57 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Not sure where to put this but Perters said that Enroth is in tomorrow. Per Enroth himself.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Girgenburger

Rather have Armia than Nino

Old
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
Rather have Armia than Nino
Rather have both than one.

Would people be willing to give up McNabb for Nino?? I talked to some Islander fans and they said they would be looking for something around McNabb or Pysyk.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Kassian is playing on the top line with the Sedin's and has looked really good so far, so let's tap the brakes on how badly we destroyed Vancouver on that trade. Kassian absolutely was a top prospect and I would still love to have him on this team. Honestly, I think the Foligno>Kassian idea may have taken off too quickly. Not saying I regret the trade, just that it may not have been as lopsided as we all want to believe.
It was a good hockey trade, nobody destroyed anybody. We got a badly needed potential #1C in Hodgson, and Gillis got a very badly needed top-6 bruiser PF with upside in Kassian. I will say we won based on the Grags/Sulzer swap, but not destroyed by any means.

Foligno is NOT as aggressive or physical as Kassian, but I feel he has a higher ceiling offensively.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Zip15

Quote:
A bit premature to say one way or another. Last year was a waste in every sense of the word, but they were fortunate that the lockout came and allowed him to develop in the AHL. Now, he's at nearly a point/game pace in what, until recently, was a very talented league--his numbers were nearly identical to Granlund's--who had the benefit of playing in the middle--and were better than players like Jaden Schwartz and even Ryan Johansen. Nobody would call those other guys "busts," and that word shouldn't be used about Nino because of the way he was mishandled by the Isles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Rather have both than one.

Would people be willing to give up McNabb for Nino?? I talked to some Islander fans and they said they would be looking for something around McNabb or Pysyk.
I'd think long and hard about a deal around McNabb. I think Nino has 1st line winger upside, while I see McNabb as more of a 2nd pairing type if all goes well. They both bring some bang to the game, and neither's game is yet free of warts.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Gerbe has killed the Isles during his career. Perhaps that might up his value to them a little bit. At least to peg him at "contributing third line forward" as opposed to "injury prone, small as hell 3/4th line tweener"

Old
01-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
It was a good hockey trade, nobody destroyed anybody. We got a badly needed potential #1C in Hodgson, and Gillis got a very badly needed top-6 bruiser PF with upside in Kassian. I will say we won based on the Grags/Sulzer swap, but not destroyed by any means.

Foligno is NOT as aggressive or physical as Kassian, but I feel he has a higher ceiling offensively.
I assume you have that backwards in the last sentence. If so I agree.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I assume you have that backwards in the last sentence. If so I agree.
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
ttcminaker

If Colorado can't sign O'Reilly, would you do a deal around Ennis and Sekera for O'Reilly and top prospect/draft pick?

O'Reilly is 21, is bigger, good on faceoffs and has all the Drury-esqe leadership/intangibles. I really think he is the type of guy Stanley Cup teams are built around.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcminaker View Post
If Colorado can't sign O'Reilly, would you do a deal around Ennis and Sekera for O'Reilly and top prospect/draft pick?

O'Reilly is 21, is bigger, good on faceoffs and has all the Drury-esqe leadership/intangibles. I really think he is the type of guy Stanley Cup teams are built around.
I wouldn't do Ennis for O'Reilly straight up.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:

It's not hard to be bigger than Ennis

O'Reilly isn't that big, he's just a sound defensive player. Colorado views him very high and he has a big trade value, so I doubt they would ship out a top prospect/draft pick with him.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Jacob582

I know it's early, but this young season feels like the beginning of last.

1. Promising start
2. Myers playing with his head up his ass (except making a lot more money this year)
3. Miller starting strong
4. Pominville and Vanek carrying the team on their back (offensive production)
5. Slow point production by Stafford and Ennis.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:08 PM
hockey18

thats because its the same team and will go as far as miller goes. COuple of new faces but main ones still the same. How in the world is myers worth all that money?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post

I think it's just the opposite, actually. Foligno brings a physical edge to the game with a lot more consistency than Kassian does, at least right now. There's no doubt in my mind that Kassian puts up more points if both reach their ceilings though. For a guy with Kassian's physical tools, his level of hockey sense and playmaking ability are pretty rare. Foligno can definitely keep up with more skilled players, but Kassian has the potential to create more on his own.
Hodgson's IQ, of course, is even better, and he looks like a great fit between Vanek and Pommer. And his on and off ice work ethic seem fantastic. Very excited about him -- future looks very bright.

If Sulzer keeps playing the way he has so far for Buffalo, we won the Sulzer/Grags swap by a landslide for sure.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

Ennis for O'reilly... done deal

O'reilly would be a much better fit in building a contender down the middle.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:02 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post

I like O'Reilly and would love him on the Sabres...but I can't help but think this would be change for the sake of change. I'm not certain it's a move the Sabres should make at this point in time...

Old
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I like O'Reilly and would love him on the Sabres...but I can't help but think this would be change for the sake of change. I'm not certain it's a move the Sabres should make at this point in time...
It sets up everything very nicely going forward...

Hodgson : 1st line #1 center
O'reilly : Shut down 2 way 2nd line
Grigorenko : 3rd line punish the weaker matchups

NEXT YEAR

Vanek-Hodgson-Pommer
Foligno-O'reilly-Stafford
Ott-Grigorenko-Armia

Old
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post

I'd also do Ennis for O'Reilly in a heartbeat. I still have my doubts that Ennis can cut it as a center at this level.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
I'd also do Ennis for O'Reilly in a heartbeat. I still have my doubts that Ennis can cut it as a center at this level.
agreed

O'reilly is the type of player you find on a contender.

Ennis has to become a very elite offensive player to be relevant in the post season. I have my doubts too.

Closed Thread