HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Diaz the $7million dollar defenceman??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
  #51
e46330ivs*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Fans here were ready to give the C to Komisarek so... EVERYONE overrated him.
fans were but not management............

e46330ivs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:48 PM
  #52
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Fans here were ready to give the C to Komisarek so... EVERYONE overrated him.
I was ready for it. He was a leader on the ice. Can't say otherwise. He was pretty much fearless.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
  #53
e46330ivs*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I was ready for it. He was a leader on the ice. Can't say otherwise. He was pretty much fearless.
I wouldnt say fearless, I didnt hate Komisarek, but he didnt use his size properly, his puck handling skills were suspect, his skating the same. He definetely was a good leader but not the intimidator a guy like that should of been. Some cried wolf when he wasnt re signed, in hindsight, and its easy to say this afterwards it was the right decision, so lets leave hockey decisions to hockey people, not fanatics.


Last edited by e46330ivs*: 01-23-2013 at 02:37 PM.
e46330ivs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
  #54
cjbhab
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wow, Diaz always had great potential.
Souray had a fluke year ? Whut.
Komi a top 10? Whut?...
And didnt you get the joke ? Read the thread next time.
And Markov is not an all star anymore.
Yes.. Souray was a fluke.

Yes Komisarek was 7th overall in 2001.

Yes, I read the thread. It's much like everything else on here.. a joke. Let's give PK Subban 7 million bucks folks.. He is the best there ever was.

Markov not an allstar anymore.. I bet you he makes the allstar game next year.. any takers?

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
  #55
e46330ivs*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Yes.. Souray was a fluke.

Yes Komisarek was 7th overall in 2001.

Yes, I read the thread. It's much like everything else on here.. a joke. Let's give PK Subban 7 million bucks folks.. He is the best there ever was.

Markov not an allstar anymore.. I bet you he makes the allstar game next year.. any takers?
cjbhab as to be a woman, she cant give you answers, her answers are everyones crazy cause were having a hypothetical conversation, its like when your with your buddies and you have a 2 hr conversation about if you would date a girl with no nose, as ridiculous as it sounds its what men talk about, but not cjbhab, girl with no nose you guys are crazy. Please explain why Souray wasnt a fluke apart from 3 good NHL seasons, and tell me why other then the fact he was drafted 7th overall Komisarek as lived up to his stature of wow 7th overall.

e46330ivs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
  #56
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive
 
FuzzyWuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Our team is like an onion.
I agree, having to cut up Habs would most likely make me cry.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:38 PM
  #57
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
I wouldnt say fearless, I didnt hate Komisarek, but he didnt use his size properly, his puck handling skills were suspect, his skating the same. He definetely was a good leader but not the intimidator a guy like that should of been. Some cried wolf when he wasnt re signed, in hindsight, and its easy to say this afterwards it was the right decision, so lets leave hockey decisions to hockey people, not fanatics.
He was Gorges fearless..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Yes.. Souray was a fluke.

Yes Komisarek was 7th overall in 2001.

Yes, I read the thread. It's much like everything else on here.. a joke. Let's give PK Subban 7 million bucks folks.. He is the best there ever was.

Markov not an allstar anymore.. I bet you he makes the allstar game next year.. any takers?
Wow, lets just negate everything without ever giving an argument.
Souray was not a fluke, he had 5 season of over 30 points, 3 of over 50. That aint no fluke.
He may go to the allstar but he's not in the top 12 dman in the league sorry.

In the end...PMS?

WHY SO MAD?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:39 PM
  #58
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Something Subban has not understood yet.
But Subban wants to be paid big money for learning how to become as hockey-smart as Markov!

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
  #59
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
But Subban wants to be paid big money for learning how to become as hockey-smart as Markov!
Markov doesnt have the looks that P.K. has anyway.

Markov is a O.G. P.K. is a tru harlem style gangsta. Rolling in his escalade with spinners, Tupac.. No mercedes and Russian rap rofl, markov, weak.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:45 PM
  #60
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
One thing Subban undeniably has over Markov is that he can play well in the playoffs. Subban has rocked both of his playoff experiences, including his rookie experience against Washington, Pittsburgh, and Philly. Markov, on the other hand, has never taken a step up in the playoffs.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:47 PM
  #61
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
Alright we've all seen this story play out before, Souray, Streit, Komisarek get their pay day from riding shotgun with Markov. Now I know the title is ridiculous but you guys know where Im coming from, could Diaz be the next????
The one guy who can really up Diaz's value is not markov so much as it is subban. The longer subban stays out, the more time diaz gets to showcase himself with markov on the PP. Diaz has had a nice start to the season, but let's not get too carried away. He shouldn;t be a primary option on the PP (its a special case here), and he's no more than a 2nd pairing d-man at the very best in even strength situations.

I dont want to sound like I dislike diaz, because I don't. I just don't want people to get carried away with very high expectations.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
  #62
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
cjbhab as to be a woman, she cant give you answers, her answers are everyones crazy cause were having a hypothetical conversation, its like when your with your buddies and you have a 2 hr conversation about if you would date a girl with no nose, as ridiculous as it sounds its what men talk about, but not cjbhab, girl with no nose you guys are crazy. Please explain why Souray wasnt a fluke apart from 3 good NHL seasons, and tell me why other then the fact he was drafted 7th overall Komisarek as lived up to his stature of wow 7th overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He was Gorges fearless..



Wow, lets just negate everything without ever giving an argument.
Souray was not a fluke, he had 5 season of over 30 points, 3 of over 50. That aint no fluke.
He may go to the allstar but he's not in the top 12 dman in the league sorry.

In the end...PMS?

WHY SO MAD?
lol wow.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
  #63
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Diaz has improved his play compared to last year. It's a very good sign.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  #64
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
If Diaz can reach his ceiling he could be a #4, pmd, solid pp minutes, which would = 3-4m per year.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:59 PM
  #65
Yozzy
Registered User
 
Yozzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
norris, hart, book it

Yozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
  #66
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 50
Well, all joking aside, he has been improving constantly since his first game as a Hab. He gets physically dominated sometimes by bigger players but if he can learn some good position defense with Markov then, with his offensive upside, Diaz could be a permanent number 4 with us.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:44 PM
  #67
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,545
vCash: 500
How's Wiznewski doing?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
  #68
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
How's Wiznewski doing?
He's the Wiz, nobody beats him.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:36 PM
  #69
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
One thing Subban undeniably has over Markov is that he can play well in the playoffs. Subban has rocked both of his playoff experiences, including his rookie experience against Washington, Pittsburgh, and Philly. Markov, on the other hand, has never taken a step up in the playoffs.
And physicality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
The one guy who can really up Diaz's value is not markov so much as it is subban. The longer subban stays out, the more time diaz gets to showcase himself with markov on the PP. Diaz has had a nice start to the season, but let's not get too carried away. He shouldn;t be a primary option on the PP (its a special case here), and he's no more than a 2nd pairing d-man at the very best in even strength situations.

I dont want to sound like I dislike diaz, because I don't. I just don't want people to get carried away with very high expectations.
Diaz is a damn fine first PP guy. I agree that he's no first pairing material. But on the PP I have no problem with him there.

He has a great hard and accurate shot, crisp passing and he can keep the puck in with his mobility and great positioning, what would you want more ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
lol wow.
Yeah, that wasnt of great tase I agree. But I went with the trend of calling him a woman.

Anyway, people who can't bring a constructive argument will not receive a constructive answer.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:24 PM
  #70
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,183
vCash: 50
Lets be like the NYR and give out huge contracts based on a small sample

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 AM
  #71
doug88
Registered User
 
doug88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
he's been really good thus far and i think playing over here for zug really helped him to stay in shape

doug88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:45 AM
  #72
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Diaz will only sign for how much he is WORTH!

All those Swatch and Lindt endorsements -- major swag. If we're not careful with him, he might just quit hockey and join Sportsnet.



Seriously though - I've always liked Diaz. First game, everyone was shaky. I will, however reserve judgement until 10-15 games. He will go through bad patches and will be on the ice for goals. It's how he responds that will inform me. He does have a patented move though -- the head fake like he's going to shoot. I wonder how long before the opposition doesn't bite. Would love to see him blast one (or more) in.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:46 AM
  #73
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Our team is like an onion.
one stinking layer after another?

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:48 AM
  #74
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
fans were but not management............
Management was high on Komisarek, they wanted to keep him.

Toronto offered a superior deal.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:01 AM
  #75
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Toronto offered a superior deal.
and good thing gainey didnt fall for it and offer something better

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.