HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Watching all Canucks games in MB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2011, 11:25 AM
  #1
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7
 
Winnipeg Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Selkirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 1580
Watching all Canucks games in MB

I have a really annoying problem of being blacked out of most Canucks games in my area. I live in Selkirk, Manitoba and apparently the teams I'm supposed to root for are the Flames and Oilers so you can obviously see why I'm pissed about the subject.

I moved out here last year and unfortunataly the only internet I have here is wireless which is absolutely horrible and won't let me watch streams without freezing every 30 seconds. So I was wondering how I can get all Canucks games here in Manitoba. Apparently for $150 a season I can get Centre Ice but I've been reading there are still blackout restrictions, is this true?

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
  #2
HeadLikeAnOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Yes there are blackout restrictions but if you can't watch the games on SNet they wouldn't apply to you.

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 12:20 PM
  #3
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
I have a really annoying problem of being blacked out of most Canucks games in my area. I live in Selkirk, Manitoba and apparently the teams I'm supposed to root for are the Flames and Oilers so you can obviously see why I'm pissed about the subject.

I moved out here last year and unfortunataly the only internet I have here is wireless which is absolutely horrible and won't let me watch streams without freezing every 30 seconds. So I was wondering how I can get all Canucks games here in Manitoba. Apparently for $150 a season I can get Centre Ice but I've been reading there are still blackout restrictions, is this true?
I have this problem too. Centre Ice will black out games that you can watch on local channels (like SNET West, SNET Oilers and Flames, TSN, TSN2, CBC) but that's it. Or if they can't get a feed, but that's never a problem with the Canucks.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 01:24 PM
  #4
Sakic
Extra B is for BYOBB
 
Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,577
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sakic Send a message via Yahoo to Sakic
welcome to being a canucks fan in calgary

ive had to buy center ice for 4 years now. sucks.

blackout restrictions are retarded.

Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM
  #5
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7
 
Winnipeg Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Selkirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 1580
Okay, so if I'm understanding this correctly:

So I'm blacked out on Sportsnet Pacific like always when there is a Canucks game on I can switch to one of the Centre Ice channels and it will have that blacked out Canucks game playing?

Quote:
WHY ARE THERE BLACKOUTS?
Blackout restrictions exist to protect the local television telecasters of each NHL game in the local markets of the teams. Keep in mind that blackout policies and restrictions are different for every sports package that your system may carry. (NHL CENTRE ICE is designed for the NHL fan who wants to see NHL games from across the entire NHL).

If you are located in a team’s television territory, you will see all locally televised games on the local carrier*. You will not be able to see these games in NHL CENTRE ICE.

*Because CBC, TSN/TSN2, and RDS are the exclusive national TV partners for the NHL in Canada, the local telecasts of the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Vancouver Canucks can only appear on each of the respective Sportsnet regional channels, which cannot be distributed nationally. These telecasts are strictly local. If you are not in the local market for a team, you will need NHL CENTRE ICE to see the game on SNET.

If you are located in a team’s television territory and their local regional sports network is not available on your current cable or satellite provider, you will not be able to see these games in NHL CENTRE ICE. This is a distribution issue between the regional sports network and the cable/satellite provider. The blackout remains intact as the local regional sports network has the rights to these games in your area.
The bolded above means what I think it means, right?

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:25 PM
  #6
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Okay, so if I'm understanding this correctly:

So I'm blacked out on Sportsnet Pacific like always when there is a Canucks game on I can switch to one of the Centre Ice channels and it will have that blacked out Canucks game playing?



The bolded above means what I think it means, right?
Yes if the game is on SPAC you can watch it on CI.

The only games blacked out on CI are TSN,CBC and Sportsnet West(Van v. Edm or Van v. Cgy)

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
  #7
sobrio
Registered User
 
sobrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bucerias
Country: Mexico
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 50
Sports Bar In Winnipeg that carries all games?

I can see nothing has been done to remedy this putrid situation. I ordered SNET full package specifically to watch Canucks games and was told I could. Lies.

So now I'm desperately hunting for a sports bar or restaurant that has Center Ice, and even then I'm not sure the Nucks games won't be blacked out. I'm in hell here.

sobrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:51 PM
  #8
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENuck View Post
I can see nothing has been done to remedy this putrid situation. I ordered SNET full package specifically to watch Canucks games and was told I could. Lies.

So now I'm desperately hunting for a sports bar or restaurant that has Center Ice, and even then I'm not sure the Nucks games won't be blacked out. I'm in hell here.
Is CI not currently free for the month? It's only $50 fo rthe year this year, that's cheaper than drinking in a bar every night. Or ONE night.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
  #9
sobrio
Registered User
 
sobrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bucerias
Country: Mexico
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Is CI not currently free for the month? It's only $50 fo rthe year this year, that's cheaper than drinking in a bar every night. Or ONE night.
I tried finding on MTS and it tells me to subscribe so maybe that's bc my mom hasn't got a primo HD package.

I'm heading out to Boston Pizza on Kenaston Blvd tonight b/c they have Center Ice. bleh Go Canucks Go!

Vancouver I miss you

sobrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
  #10
BrandonL
Registered User
 
BrandonL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quality is always an issue with streaming games online from non-NHL affiliated websites, but it might be your best bet at this point.

This website is probably the best IMO:

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ice-hockey.html

BrandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:58 PM
  #11
serge2k
Registered User
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,380
vCash: 500
get game center live and unblock-us.

Works for me so far. You will miss out on TSN games and have to use CBC for streaming on saturdays.

edit: actually you don't even need unblock-us since you are out of market.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
  #12
theripper
Registered User
 
theripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
sportsnet will block out of market games,so you cant watch canucks,leafs,senators

BUT

centerice will let you watch out of market games,so that means canucks,leafs,sentors

So, if you have cable,with sportsnet west,tsn,CBC and NBC, AND center ice, you can have access to pretty much every single televised hockey game.

theripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
  #13
CCF
This is the year....
 
CCF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Across Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
As a Canuck fan in Sask - I know the pain. Have had Centre Ice for most of the last decade.

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
  #14
Hodgy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
Centre ice isn't that expensive guys.

Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
  #15
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENuck View Post
I tried finding on MTS and it tells me to subscribe so maybe that's bc my mom hasn't got a primo HD package.

I'm heading out to Boston Pizza on Kenaston Blvd tonight b/c they have Center Ice. bleh Go Canucks Go!

Vancouver I miss you
MTS changed their channels last month. If you subscribe to a channel you automatically get the HD channel.

And Centre Ice is free until the end of the month. It's in the 1800s

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.