HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester to any Eastern Conference team

Old
01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Perro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM17 View Post
as a devils fan this looks appealing to me
What would the "+" be?

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
It does? Why? Bouwmeester is hardly an asset our team needs, he makes way too much money, and we're still stuck with one too many defensemen.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Guido Sarducci

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I wouldn't mind LA (I know not East) picking him up if Calgary will retain some of his Cap Hit. Even at full hit I think they can fit him in next year.
TO CGY: Bernier, Lokitinov

With kipper getting older would be nice for Calgary to finally have a decent back up. Some Flames fans think they have that in Romo, but thought I would put it out there.
Lokitinov would provide add som centre depth which Calgary Needs
Darryl Sutter will not be willing to lose his job twice because of Bouwmeester. But if that trade is available the Flames should take it and laugh.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Guido Sarducci

People who think that Boumeester can be traded for actual assets are dreaming. If it was possible he would be long gone.

-GMs try to avoid bringing in players who are vastly overpaid and/or signed longterm
-GMs try to avoid bringing in players who have a soft style of play
-GMs try to avoid bringing in players who are perceived as being losers
-GMs try to avoid bringing in players who have earned a reputation of being "a pleasure to play against"

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE Feaster could catch a GM who is desperate and temporarily insane and simply unload him for next to nothing. But that will take luck and perfect timing. But as far as Flames fans wanting him gone and real tangible assets in return FORGET ABOUT IT.

These are more plausible Bouwmeester trades:

Bouwmeester, 3.33 million...........to Nashville..................Klein, 2nd

Bouwmeester..............................to Detroit.....................4th

Old
01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
People who think that Boumeester can be traded for actual assets are dreaming. If it was possible he would be long gone.

-GMs try to avoid bringing in players who are vastly overpaid and/or signed longterm
-GMs try to avoid bringing in players who have earned a reputation of being "a pleasure to play against"

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE Feaster could catch a GM who is desperate and temporarily insane and simply unload him for next to nothing. But that will take luck and perfect timing. But as far as Flames fans wanting him gone and real tangible assets in return FORGET ABOUT IT.

We know you don't like him.

Give it a rest already. When everyone disagrees with you, guess who is wrong?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Guido Sarducci

OK fine, I guess I'll just wait around for the Bouwmeester for Bernier trade.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:

So we trade a 2nd pairing d man on a home discount deal and a 2nd(2014, Montreal owns '13) for a 2nd pairing d man? Lateral move at best.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
It shouldn't. I have a long held belief Bouwmeester's biggest issue is the system Calgary has employed: i.e. Defensive. He was explosive in Florida due to their style, which suited his own. Sutter, on the other hand, utilized a structured defensive system that was almost suffocating. New Jersey tends to fancy variations of the same and I cannot imagine Bouwmeester working under it. He needs to be on a team with a near run 'n' gun mentality.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:08 PM
REM17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
It does? Why? Bouwmeester is hardly an asset our team needs, he makes way too much money, and we're still stuck with one too many defensemen.
because since the departure of Neids and Rafalski we are lacking PMD's. JBo would fit that bill and I still think he is one of the better players in the league and a change of scenery could do wounders. Of course, his salary is hefty but it balances out with the departure of volch's 4+ for the next 4 years.

REM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
REM17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
What would the "+" be?
no +, straight up volch

Old
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
I think Detroit is the best team for him, Babcock can probably get him playing great again, they lost Lidstrom and need a decent replacement.

They have some decent young guys and their picks would be good for Flames fans.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
REM17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
It shouldn't. I have a long held belief Bouwmeester's biggest issue is the system Calgary has employed: i.e. Defensive. He was explosive in Florida due to their style, which suited his own. Sutter, on the other hand, utilized a structured defensive system that was almost suffocating. New Jersey tends to fancy variations of the same and I cannot imagine Bouwmeester working under it. He needs to be on a team with a near run 'n' gun mentality.
i am not familiar with calgarys system but I would guess that he has less pressure in NJ and does not have to log 30 mins a game

Old
01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Zippy316

No way in hell any deal gets done between the Flames and the Devils. Devils problem right now is they have too many defenseman and lack scoring depth. Trading for Bouwmeester will just add to our strength, while completely ignoring our weakness.

If Volchenkov or another Devils defenseman is going anywhere, the Devils would be demanding for a forward back. It's where we are really shallow. I can definitely see Volchenkov heading to Calgary in a separate deal, if Flames fans are interested in him, but the Devils would be looking for a top nine forward, preferably young.

It's not that I don't want to see Bouwmeester in New Jersey, I think a change of scenery would do wonders and his play fits DeBoer's system pretty well as the forecheck takes pressure off the D, but there's just absolutely no room, both on the NHL level and that we have a couple close-to-NHL ready prospects on the door step.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
because since the departure of Neids and Rafalski we are lacking PMD's. JBo would fit that bill and I still think he is one of the better players in the league and a change of scenery could do wounders. Of course, his salary is hefty but it balances out with the departure of volch's 4+ for the next 4 years.
It's not like Bouwmeester is putting up a ton of points. If he were, Calgary wouldn't want to move him. This just makes no sense to me, I'd rather make room on the roster for Larsson than for Bouwmeester.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
i am not familiar with calgarys system but I would guess that he has less pressure in NJ and does not have to log 30 mins a game
When Sutter was around, it was reminiscent of New Jersey, albeit Calgary lacks the forwards to actually make use of that system. Overall an inferior version of New Jersey and the wrong group of talent. 'Tis why I strongly believe Bouwmeester would be just as disappointing for the Devils as he has been for the Flames.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:11 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
I think Detroit is the best team for him, Babcock can probably get him playing great again, they lost Lidstrom and need a decent replacement.

They have some decent young guys and their picks would be good for Flames fans.
I think this would be best
something like
Tatar/Nyquist + 1st

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
BigHabs

Giordano would be of interest to the Habs I believe.

Just saying because the others were saying he has struggled as well.

What would be the asking price for him?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:19 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Giordano would be of interest to the Habs I believe.

Just saying because the others were saying he has struggled as well.

What would be the asking price for him?
Higher then the price for Jbo probably something around
Gio +
for
Plekanec + Emelin

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
hartley coaches an up tempo game since hes an offensive coach

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Asher

Why are you insisting upon a team from the East? Is JayBo so great that you need to worry about him coming back to hurt the Flames? There would be Western teams interested too.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:47 PM
devilsrock

[QUOTE=REM17;58164427]as a devils fan this looks appealing

The only way this would be appealing is if the flames add a 1st round pick and pick up some of his contract.

devilsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
This sounds like most of McPhee's recent transactions. Perhaps Feaster should give him a call.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:17 PM
captainpaxil

given his age contract and level of play is it safe to say hes a buyout candidate?

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:32 PM
EnglishDevil

Most of the reasoning behind my Bouwmeester for Volchenkov deal was that despite Bouwmeester having the much worse contract at current, he only has one more season left after this year compared to Volchenkovs three. As previous posters have pointed out, the devils currently have a bit of a logjam on defence, but i don't really expect that to be too much of a problem.

Salvador (36), Zidlicky (35) and Tallinder (34) are all in the latter part of their careers and Zidlicky is a UFA at season end with Tallinder having one more year left; it would give us the flexibility in the 2013-2014 off-season to reassess our defence and either resign Tallinder and Bouwmeester (on a much cheaper deal) or go with some of our promising youngsters (Merrill, Gelinas, Burlon, Urbom etc).

Just a thought anyway, not that i desperately want rid of Volchenkov or anything, but i definitely feel as though Bouwmeester could contribute here in NJ, especially with our philosophy to play three defensive pairs with relatively equal minutes and not require him to be the #1 guy on defence. Also with Zidlicky being 35 and a UFA, it wouldn't hurt to have another defenceman who can play the point on the PP, as he's pretty much our only option at current.

Additionally we can always ship out surplus defenders in addition to this trade, obviously we need to make space for Larsson, but one of Zidlicky, Greene, Fayne or Tallinder will probably find their way out of the door for forward help sooner rather than later anyway.

Tallinder - Larsson
Greene - Fayne
Salvador - Bouwmeester
Harrold

Would be fine with me.

EnglishDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Jeff L

I would think the Flyers would be very interested. They might have the thinnest d-corps in the whole league right now.

Bouwmeester - Timonen
Grossmann - Coburn
Schenn - Foster/Gervais

Slightly better, right? Wouldn't be too surprised if Ottawa looked into trading for him too.

Jeff L is online now   Reply With Quote