HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sellout streak coming to an end? Many unsold tickets.. Molson starting to sweat?

Old
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Looks like the streak will end tonight:

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...de-202653.html
Good. Ticket prices are disgusting.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Habitants

Canadiens attendance is down? will the team move to seattle due to economic difficulties?

oh wait they sell beer for 12$? they are fine.

maybe the end to sellouts will finally wake up management and put an end to these rediculous ticket prices and all their 'premium' seating and 'optimum' games.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
coolasprICE

So did we sell out yesterday?

Or did Molson save face and buy up all empty seats?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
So did we sell out yesterday?

Or did Molson save face and buy up all empty seats?
pretty sure i heard they sold out

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
pretty sure i heard they sold out
according to attendance on the game sheet it sold out but i hardly beleive it.

maybe some opinions from people at the game? i noticed empty seats on TV, but kinda hard to tell.

Last edited by Habitants: 01-23-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
according to attendance on the game sheet it sold out but i hardly beleove it.

maybe some opinions from people at the game? i noticed empty seats on TV, but kinda hard to tell.
I was at the game, and saw empty seats.. i did not see them report the attendance... maybe I missed it.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Cyclones Rock

If a non sellout materializes and Molson takes any issue with it, then tell him to meet me in Columbus for a mid week Jackets game. It'll be on me I'll scalp two tickets in the lower bowl for no more than $40 for the both of them.

The demand for hockey in Montreal is incredible. Molson will be laughing all the way to the bank if crowds would average "only" 18,000 (which won't happen).

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
There's always going to be empty seats in a midweek game, scalpers generally can't move them all.

Tickets did start moving fast in the last couple of hours, it could have been Molson buying them up, I suppose.

Although I didn't notice the Canadiens site, facebook or twitter trying to push tickets or advertise available tickets which seems like a logical move if you're worried about potentially not selling out.

BTW they did officially claim 21,273.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
There's always going to be empty seats in a midweek game, scalpers generally can't move them all.

Tickets did start moving fast in the last couple of hours, it could have been Molson buying them up, I suppose.

Although I didn't notice the Canadiens site, facebook or twitter trying to push tickets or advertise available tickets which seems like a logical move if you're worried about potentially not selling out.

BTW they did officially claim 21,273.
Yesterday there was nothing on the screen about the attendance

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
If a non sellout materializes and Molson takes any issue with it, then tell him to meet me in Columbus for a mid week Jackets game. It'll be on me I'll scalp two tickets in the lower bowl for no more than $40 for the both of them.

The demand for hockey in Montreal is incredible. Molson will be laughing all the way to the bank if crowds would average "only" 18,000 (which won't happen).
Not necessarily. His family and his consortium paid a huge price for the team under certain revenue & growth assumptions. If it's lower than they projected it's they certainly wouldn't be happy. The value of the franchise won't be increasing very much, and their net profits might not even be significant once taxes and interest payments on their loans are factored.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
7th Player

The event summary says 21273 but I'm sure the organisation trafficked the numbers or bought the remaining tickets.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...3/ES020029.HTM

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Yesterday there was nothing on the screen about the attendance
I just meant on canadiens.com and the boxscores they announced the attendance as 21,273 and so did the Panthers broadcast.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
boris4c

It's weird that people were saying that there are plenty of tickets left because when I looked yesterday for 2 tickets, it seemed like 95% of home games were sold out and the ones which weren't had tickets in the white/grey areas on top completely.

Unless scalpers bought them all, I'll have to look into that if I want tickets.

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:05 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
It's weird that people were saying that there are plenty of tickets left because when I looked yesterday for 2 tickets, it seemed like 95% of home games were sold out and the ones which weren't had tickets in the white/grey areas on top completely.

Unless scalpers bought them all, I'll have to look into that if I want tickets.
They usually release more as the game gets closer, even on game day. There was a point where the Panthers game was listed as being sold out (could have been an error too I suppose) and slowly more and more tickets popped up.

Maybe Huberdeau's family bought up all the remaining tickets lol.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:15 PM
habtastic

The real problem is that the scalpers buy up so many seats that those of us who are willing to spend the $$$ on Reds can't because those are now marked up by sometimes 50%. That's just way too much. Prior to this season, I'd overpay, but I want to see a frigging win so I'm tentative until I see some consistency if I'm going to shell out $300 (instead of the regular price of $175). Of course, it leads back to the original prices + the on-ice performance, but someone please explain to me (I'm naive when it comes to this aspect) how the scalpers can get so many tickets during the on-sale when everything is sold out by time I get in. (And sometimes it's only been ~5 min wait.) Can't you only get 6 tickets/transaction? I just don't understand how they get so many seats? Seems like stub hub or the ticket vault are the only way.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
The real problem is that the scalpers buy up so many seats that those of us who are willing to spend the $$$ on Reds can't because those are now marked up by sometimes 50%. That's just way too much. Prior to this season, I'd overpay, but I want to see a frigging win so I'm tentative until I see some consistency if I'm going to shell out $300 (instead of the regular price of $175). Of course, it leads back to the original prices + the on-ice performance, but someone please explain to me (I'm naive when it comes to this aspect) how the scalpers can get so many tickets during the on-sale when everything is sold out by time I get in. (And sometimes it's only been ~5 min wait.) Can't you only get 6 tickets/transaction? I just don't understand how they get so many seats? Seems like stub hub or the ticket vault are the only way.
Scalpers have season tickets and probably run a few different computers at the same time to get more chances of getting tickets

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:39 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
Scalpers have season tickets and probably run a few different computers at the same time to get more chances of getting tickets
Huh. Interesting. That, I didn't think of since I usually associate season ticks with fans who actually attend the games when they can (have a few friends who've had em for years and some on the waiting list) since the worst you do with not going to the game is giving it to a friend/business colleague or client.

I suppose having multiple computers log into the waiting room would increase their odd, but they must have multiple CCs and accounts to buy more than 6/scalper. (Which I guess when I think about their elaborate setup, isn't that hard to believe.)

On Sunday I was wayyyyy too hungover from the stinkfest the night before to even be able to move. I knew the sale was going on, and had been waiting for it for so long, but trust them to have a sale the morning after the first freakin game! I'm sure I wasn't the only one who suffered this fate.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Teufelsdreck

Why should Molson sweat? The lockout is over and fans are eager to watch Canadien hockey again.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:01 PM
davepeak
Too many pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Why should Molson sweat? The lockout is over and fans are eager to watch Canadien hockey again.
Fans are eager to do so, but it is not THE trend in town as it was earlier, well at least not before the team wins a couple of games. Even on the official website, there are a lot more tickets available than before. I'm sure it will get back to normal soon, but we can see the effect of a lock-out + last place in standings last year.

davepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
la25ecoupe

I could've bought 24 ticket sunday but i didn't. 60$ grey before fees.. fuuuu

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:41 PM
BLONG7

Just curious guys, is the Bell Centre boutique offering any discounts or sales on jerseys and hats etc?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Just curious guys, is the Bell Centre boutique offering any discounts or sales on jerseys and hats etc?
As far as I know they aren't. They were having a 50% off sale on the 17th and 19th though.

Wish they would extend it for half the season or something, but I guess not.

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:09 PM
thom

The condo project sold out

thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
LeHab

Just got email spammed by the Habs concerning available tickets. Looks like NJ is still not sold out.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:10 AM
bib
#believe

Besides that free practice at the bell centre (where beers were probably still selling for 10 bucks), have the habs really given the fans anything back?

Pretty ridiculous really.

And as far as the 50% off at the boutique, aren't they making changes to the jersey this summer anyhow? So, by next year, a lot of this merchandise will be the old stuff.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote