HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Old
01-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
I would hate to lose him, but he deserves to be in Columbus. I think Columbus brass overlooks him and he is not considered a prospect to them. If Nick wants a true shot at the NHL, it will be with other org and I hate that.
You never know. Granted we have much better defensive depth now than we did, but that was the case with Clitsome and Roy as well. They suddenly got good looks in Columbus after being up and down (mostly down).

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Matt

They now have won six in a row and are sitting on top of the eastern conference. Let's hope that the Jackets don't call up a goalie and send Mason down. That would be a disaster for this team. York, Daintain and Mc Ilhenney are doing a fantastic job.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:15 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
You never know. Granted we have much better defensive depth now than we did, but that was the case with Clitsome and Roy as well. They suddenly got good looks in Columbus after being up and down (mostly down).
If we can package him with a pick for a scoring winger, I'm all for it. For the record, I like the guy.

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
bizzz*

Well, Chaput now with 12 points, +6 in 10 January games. He had just 6 AHL points in 2012. Looks like a proper developement.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Well, Chaput now with 12 points, +6 in 10 January games. He had just 6 AHL points in 2012. Looks like a proper developement.
This makes me so excited for next season, with proper training camps and preseason the players who deserve to be on the team will be. Also Murray, Jenner and 3 new faces will be there as well.

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Water Knight

Anybody know why Matt Schepke was suspended by the IceMen?

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Tonysil

I know interest in Spfld has died down the past couple of weeks but I thought I'd check in and comment on some things I've seen on here lately.

To all the people that have been suggesting that JAM get called up, mind your own business. No, just kidding. In all seriousness though, he needs some time down here to work on his discipline a little bit but I could see him making a great impression in camp next year. Optimistically with the right linemates he probably gives you a Brad Marchand type player; small, scrappy and could pick up about 50 points.

Chaput has been coming along very nicely since the callups and they have him between two veteran(ish) wings in Craig and Kubalik. I think he will spend next year with us but if his development keeps progressing he could see NHL time.

On Savard, I know Katy will disagree with me but if he's not going to see the ice at all please send him back. Our 3rd pairing has been pretty terrible lately and the revolving door isn't working.

As far as York goes, you can have him, I'm on edge every gave he's in net. He gives up so many rebounds, he's often out of position or just lays on the ice after making the first save.

Nobody seems to mention Drazenovic but this kid has taken the team on his back (with JAM) since the callups, I'm surprised he's so far under the radar. Guess he falls into that "career AHLer" trap.

Take good care of Cam, he's the most exciting player we've seen in the past 10 years and I hope he can bring you as much pleasure as he has brought us.

Tonysil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Drazzy, Jam, Chaput, Erixon, Savard, and even Kuby for a lil bit I am really high on for the future...i hope Jenner spends next year there unless he's overly ready to make the big club....

congrats on Jam and Erixon for being voted starters for the ASG!!!!

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:08 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
congrats on Jam and Erixon for being voted starters for the ASG!!!!
I know they want lots of teams represented at the All-Star game but Springfield should have more players there. There are defensemen invited from other teams with stats like 9 points and +4 plus/minus, 14 points and -12, 18 points and -6...those are All-Stars?

stickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:51 PM
CBJFan19*

i just saw Erixon was 13th in all of NHL for prospects, is he really that good or just a bad rankings? it was puckprospectus

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:32 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
i just saw Erixon was 13th in all of NHL for prospects, is he really that good or just a bad rankings? it was puckprospectus
Some places have him higher than that, some lower, some alot lower. It's all over the map. But he really is that good.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Tonysil

Erixon has great puck moving ability and could become one of the trendy new point scoring, bad +/- defensemen. Right now though he's really got to work more on his coverage and less on his belly-flopping.

Tonysil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:45 PM
CBJFan19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Some places have him higher than that, some lower, some alot lower. It's all over the map. But he really is that good.
top 2 D-Man good?

Old
01-26-2013, 04:48 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
top 2 D-Man good?
More than likely a 3-4 defenseman. But top 2 isn't impossible

Old
01-26-2013, 05:32 PM
CBJFan19*

Quote:
More than likely a 3-4 defenseman. But top 2 isn't impossible
so wait im confussed, how is a top lets say 25 NHL prospect on D not a top 2 guy? just curious, you would think those would be the elite players right?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:33 PM
stickguy

Quote:
i just saw Erixon was 13th in all of NHL for prospects, is he really that good or just a bad rankings? it was puckprospect
co
Very good offensively...train wreck defensively.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
so wait im confussed, how is a top lets say 25 NHL prospect on D not a top 2 guy? just curious, you would think those would be the elite players right?
Those rankings are based off potential. He has potential to be a top pairing guy, or elite as you say. But more than likely he's just a good defenseman.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:02 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Natalie has never sounded better!

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Welcome to the board! Nice to see another Springfield voice here.

As for Savard, I really do not want him here at all. I understand it's frustrating to have him sit in Columbus, but at least he's not turning the puck over that way. I think the Falcons should have kept Cullity up and sent down Weber. There are cracks in his game showing. Wish Ruth could go to Evansville as well, but he's a righty and Cullity a lefty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysil View Post
I know interest in Spfld has died down the past couple of weeks but I thought I'd check in and comment on some things I've seen on here lately.

To all the people that have been suggesting that JAM get called up, mind your own business. No, just kidding. In all seriousness though, he needs some time down here to work on his discipline a little bit but I could see him making a great impression in camp next year. Optimistically with the right linemates he probably gives you a Brad Marchand type player; small, scrappy and could pick up about 50 points.

Chaput has been coming along very nicely since the callups and they have him between two veteran(ish) wings in Craig and Kubalik. I think he will spend next year with us but if his development keeps progressing he could see NHL time.

On Savard, I know Katy will disagree with me but if he's not going to see the ice at all please send him back. Our 3rd pairing has been pretty terrible lately and the revolving door isn't working.

As far as York goes, you can have him, I'm on edge every gave he's in net. He gives up so many rebounds, he's often out of position or just lays on the ice after making the first save.

Nobody seems to mention Drazenovic but this kid has taken the team on his back (with JAM) since the callups, I'm surprised he's so far under the radar. Guess he falls into that "career AHLer" trap.

Take good care of Cam, he's the most exciting player we've seen in the past 10 years and I hope he can bring you as much pleasure as he has brought us.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:19 PM
bizzz*

Nick Drazenovic has 18(6+12) points in the last 10 games. Should be next in line for offensive call up. Goloubef picked up scoring from the blue line. They also fight a lot recently.
After the last night's bloody win the Falcons are in sole possession of first place in the entire AHL. They've lost JAM, Cam. Calvert, Moore, Erixon, Savard, now Holden, but still keep winning. Great place to learn how to win for kids.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:29 PM
stickguy

[QUOTEAfter the last night's bloody win the Falcons are in sole possession of first place in the entire AHL. They've lost JAM, Cam. Calvert, Moore, Erixon, Savard, now Holden, but still keep winning. [/QUOTE]

Great week-end for the Falcons...hope they can keep winning and maybe the Blue Jackets should watch video from the farm team's games to see what you can accomplish with some hard work and some heart!

Old
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I hate to see all of these call-ups already, but it seems that the CBJ are always going to be plagued by the injury bug. What, 5 guys down already? Really does speak well for our depth, though, since the Falcons thus far haven't missed a beat.

Keep it up, and hopefully we get healthier and get some guys back down there for the remainder of the season.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:13 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Moore goes down, Goloubef comes up. Man the Falcons are getting gutted. JAM, Calvert, Cam, Moore, Erixon, Savard, Holden, and now Goloubef.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Moore goes down, Goloubef comes up. Man the Falcons are getting gutted. JAM, Calvert, Cam, Moore, Erixon, Savard, Holden, and now Goloubef.
While that sucks for the Falcons and I would really like them to continue success, it finally says something about our depth. I realize these guys aren't seasoned NHL vets or maybe even ready for full time duty, however, they are solid prospects that appear ready for spot duty. It's good to know that we have capable fill ins.

Now if only we could get some high end forwards to tilt the offense downhill

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I hate to see all of these call-ups already, but it seems that the CBJ are always going to be plagued by the injury bug. What, 5 guys down already? Really does speak well for our depth, though, since the Falcons thus far haven't missed a beat.

Keep it up, and hopefully we get healthier and get some guys back down there for the remainder of the season.
It's a far cry from when we'd see a defenseman go down and know that the next plane from Syracuse was going to have either Aaron Johnson or Derrick Walser on it.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote