HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks Have Had "Long Interest" in Luongo; Potential Luongo Deal in Place with a Team

Old
01-23-2013, 07:43 AM
crazyhawk

vCash: 500
It was only one game but did you all see Crawford last night?
He played very, very well and was instrumental in getting the win.
For his second game back I would say nice work Crow!
What we appear to need is a solid back up ... unless Emery can find some semblance of a game.
Luongo is just wrong for the Hawks in so many ways.
He can't move that well from side to side and he flops more than a beached salmon.
Sure he is still pretty good but the game has passed him by now and his contract not to mention his choking in big games makes him a solid NO.
We need our back up to win 8 of 12 games this year and Crawford to keep playing like he did last night.
That coupled with the outstanding play of our forwards and D and we'll be contenders.

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:56 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
LOL at listing Khubodin
Khudobin is good, another guy Bowman **** the bed on acquiring. Mikko Lehtonen and Jeff Penner equates to Jeff Taffe and Shawn Lalonde. Yet Bowman once again concluded Ray Emery was far superior.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
It was only one game but did you all see Crawford last night?
He played very, very well and was instrumental in getting the win.
For his second game back I would say nice work Crow!
What we appear to need is a solid back up ... unless Emery can find some semblance of a game.
Luongo is just wrong for the Hawks in so many ways.
He can't move that well from side to side and he flops more than a beached salmon.
Sure he is still pretty good but the game has passed him by now and his contract not to mention his choking in big games makes him a solid NO.
We need our back up to win 8 of 12 games this year and Crawford to keep playing like he did last night.
That coupled with the outstanding play of our forwards and D and we'll be contenders.
Agreed. I was very happy with Crawford last night, good positioning, looked sharp. The problem last year was that he was coming out too far and losing his net, then after MONTHS of this going on without any change, he/Waite finally fixed it but his confidence was low, it was the end of the season and he just couldn't shake the slump.

This year so far, he looks exactly as he did in 10-11 so I fully expect it to continue.

You're right though, backup goalie is a major issue, especially in this shortened season. We can't give away anything to our opponents.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:12 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625

Luongo (With money taken off his deal)

Olesz
Morin

I don't think they'd do it, but if they want to get rid of him, they're going to have to be flexible on the demands.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:15 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post

Luongo (With money taken off his deal)

Olesz
Morin

I don't think they'd do it, but if they want to get rid of him, they're going to have to be flexible on the demands.
They're trying to relieve themselves of cap, they're not taking Olesz

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Cap buyout. It'd be cheaper, money wise, than doing it for Lu.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Cap buyout. It'd be cheaper, money wise, than doing it for Lu.
I dont think you can buy out players you acquire after the CBA was ratified.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I dont think you can buy out players you acquire after the CBA was ratified.
Oh, well, looks like we can scratch that off.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Khudobin is good, another guy Bowman **** the bed on acquiring. Mikko Lehtonen and Jeff Penner equates to Jeff Taffe and Shawn Lalonde. Yet Bowman once again concluded Ray Emery was far superior.
no, he isn't.
Khudobin is not better than Emery and trust me, I hate Ray more than you do. I hated him since he entered the league. Always hoped he never joins our team.

I would take Luongo. If he retires early, Cap Hit would be something like 1.5 million dead cap space

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Crawford was fine last night. Like I said before, wait a few weeks before collectively push the red button on our goalies.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:14 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post

You mean the soon to be 27 year old with 7 total NHL starts? I am all for taking someone who is unproven but with upside, this guy is barely a back-up and for a reason.
Because he's been behind Tim Thomas and Tukka Rask, and before that Backstrom and co. I think he's been easily one of the best players in Providence last year and did well on a **** Aeros team before that. Ask a Boston fan what they think of Khudobin, there's good reasons he hasn't a shot lately.

And, I love how some of you pessimists act like 27 years old is all washed up when you look at the free agent list of starting goaltenders and they're almost all in their 30's

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I loved the way Crow played last night. he was sharp, he stayed in position, and the best part was he was quick! I loved the way he got back on his skates after going down to the ice.

I can see an overall confidence from this team that was missing for most of last year, even during the beginning of the season when we played well. This team just looks different to me attitude and all than last year. I think Crow is included in that as he looks like he has a lot to prove as does Kane, Keith, and Bolland who all are looking very solid.

Three games in doesnt mean start the downtown celebration, but I think this team actually believes in its talent and understands what they should be doing on the ice as a collective unit. Dont know if it is from coaching, upper management, leadership in the lockeroom, etc...but this team seems to have that swagger that was missing for most of last year. Maybe actually producing decently on both specialty units brings confidence to the entire team. Very excited so far and there will be peaks and valleys throughout this season, I think the short season is the best thing we as Hawks fans could of asked for...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Hawkaholic

I still think chemistry is going a long way this year. People talked about how we barely made any changes so this team will suck again, but sometimes making minimal changes is good for a team.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:07 PM
coldsteelonice84

Crawford has played well. By no means does that diminish the need to upgrade the other goalie spot ASAP. Then we wait until the deadline, evaluate both guys, see who is available and make a decision to stick with them or bring in someone else in either or both cases. Time to get this right, and I still think just adding someone of Crawford's calibre will be fine. We'll see though.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I still think chemistry is going a long way this year. People talked about how we barely made any changes so this team will suck again, but sometimes making minimal changes is good for a team.
Agreed on the chemistry part. I want to see how far this goes though. Definitely part of this great start is our youth and conditioning. If the team is still dominating the play like this 10-15 games from now, then we can start saying the team is fine. I think some holes will show themselves by then though, but it's nothing that can't be fixed.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Agreed on the chemistry part. I want to see how far this goes though. Definitely part of this great start is our youth and conditioning. If the team is still dominating the play like this 10-15 games from now, then we can start saying the team is fine. I think some holes will show themselves by then though, but it's nothing that can't be fixed.
you now agree on the chemistry part but said Same Team = Same results... somethings wrong here

Old
01-23-2013, 03:10 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
you now agree on the chemistry part but said Same Team = Same results... somethings wrong here
I agree that chemistry helps (but not this much over a full season) And as I said in that post, I still believe this team has the same holes we've been arguing about for two years, a center and 1B goalie. I haven't changed my mind on that at all and think those two holes are going to be magnified as the season goes on.

If we have done nothing to change the team and it continues to dominate for many weeks, then all I would have left to say is that I was wrong and the holes never hurt us.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
I agree that chemistry helps (but not this much over a full season) And as I said in that post, I still believe this team has the same holes we've been arguing about for two years, a center and 1B goalie. I haven't changed my mind on that at all and think those two holes are going to be magnified as the season goes on.

If we have done nothing to change the team and it continues to dominate for many weeks, then all I would have left to say is that I was wrong and the holes never hurt us.
those holes are the same we won the cup with.

We missed a Center and a goalie. Still won the Cup.
Same team is never same results. Things will go different

Old
01-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

This thread is exactly why I shake my head at this board.

People want Khudobin who is 26, has played only 7 games but that's because he played behind good goaltending, and played great in the AHL.

People don't want Bernier, who is 24, has played 48 NHL games, won the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award for best goalkeeper in the AHL, and hasn't started because he is on a team with the reigning Vezina, runner up, Conn Smythe winning goalie.

REALLY!?

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Hawkaholic

I don't want Khubodin, at all.

I would want Bernier, but not if it cost too much.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Cullksinikers

I don't know who in the living hell Mike Gillis thinks he is. He honestly thinks he can dump Luongo and his abortion of a contract on a team and get quality pieces back. No one is helping you fill a need and clear tons of cap space. If a team works with you, you work with them, as well. No wonder Luongo is still in Vancouver.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
This thread is exactly why I shake my head at this board.

People want Khudobin who is 26, has played only 7 games but that's because he played behind good goaltending, and played great in the AHL.

People don't want Bernier, who is 24, has played 48 NHL games, won the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award for best goalkeeper in the AHL, and hasn't started because he is on a team with the reigning Vezina, runner up, Conn Smythe winning goalie.

REALLY!?
I don't know who doesn't want Bernier, but y'know the year before Quick another guy won the Vezina and Conn Smythe too.

Anyone who bashes Khudobin ought to bash him here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1330823

Old
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Because he's been behind Tim Thomas and Tukka Rask, and before that Backstrom and co. I think he's been easily one of the best players in Providence last year and did well on a **** Aeros team before that. Ask a Boston fan what they think of Khudobin, there's good reasons he hasn't a shot lately.

And, I love how some of you pessimists act like 27 years old is all washed up when you look at the free agent list of starting goaltenders and they're almost all in their 30's
27 isn't washed up, 27 and haven played on 7 NHL games, yes that is a concern, if he is such a talent why has he not played? Why haven't teams in need of goaltending gone and got this fine talent? Tells you something that a team that didn't need a goaltender is the team that traded for him.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
If you guys are complaining about his "awful" contract, I'm sure Gillis would be glad to take on a player the same age and with a virtually identical contract in a 1-for-1 deal.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
27 isn't washed up, 27 and haven played on 7 NHL games, yes that is a concern, if he is such a talent why has he not played? Why haven't teams in need of goaltending gone and got this fine talent? Tells you something that a team that didn't need a goaltender is the team that traded for him.
Crawford is 28 and played 8 total NHL games up until 2010