HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 04:30 PM
SiCKNESS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Nifty. Which forward, and are we flipping Mason? Anisimov would be stellar, or Dubinksy...but they just rode into town.....a prospect mayhaps?
Doubt Arty or Dubs, but would love either of em

Brassard?
Johansen?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Brassard would make the most sense, I think. Doubt they move Johansen.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post

Brassard?
Johansen?
Johansen!?! im going to say no. Brassard i dont know maybe but cerrtainly no chance on Johansen

Old
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Grub
First Line Troll

vCash: 883
Doubtful Luongo would waive his No trade clause to go to Columbus. But then again perhaps a shorten season would change that.

In other words, a deal may be in place but there's no deal if Luongo won't go there...

Gillis is bluffing.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:45 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Yeah. John Davidson's approach of "I love that we have 3 first round picks and potentially a high 2nd in a deep draft" and "brick by brick teambuilding" totally means we're going after Luongo. He also said he's not moving young pieces that will make the club better in the long run.

Nothing to see here. He's not going to Columbus because we don't want him and he wouldn't want us either.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
RECsGuy*

Forget that the Blue Jackets are lousy to begin with, but if you've ever BEEN to Columbus, you'll know Luongo isn't waiving his NTC to go there. Same goes for Edmonton.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Finn I'd like.

Biggs I really could go either way on...I'm not a big fan of his.

Well Kuli+1st and a cap dump isn't about as low as I can go. For all the crap Kulemin gets, and even my stance on him being a redundant asset, I think we could put him to use in place of someone like Weise on our third line (although I didn't like his game, his overall time here has merited the promotion to line three tonight).

I'll count the Kulemin/Connolly/1st deal as a maybe, I'm probably about to be set on fire by some fellow Canucks fans though.
Lol....i just mentioned our 1st....the pitchforks are being weilded by Leafs fans as we speak!!!

Old
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Zonk

It is easy to overlook that Luongo's contract is viewed as a negative by any potential trading partner that tends to spend near the maximum of the cap, but should be looked at as a positive by a team struggling to reach the cap floor.

Obviously, that is not as true now while the salary is $6.7 million, but it will be for the last four years of the contract. Especially if Luongo retires before the end of the contract, the cap hit without the salary expense will be a benefit to a low spending team.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:06 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Forget that the Blue Jackets are lousy to begin with, but if you've ever BEEN to Columbus, you'll know Luongo isn't waiving his NTC to go there. Same goes for Edmonton.
There is nothing wrong with Columbus. Big college town. There's worse in Ohio for sure. And I would not compare anything to Edmonton. Planet Hoth meets Texas.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post

Brassard?
Johansen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Brassard would make the most sense, I think. Doubt they move Johansen.
If it's Johansen, I will build a solid gold statue of Luongo and Gillis a GM place.

Brassard is a real "buy low" player at the moment for me, he's probably going to do great things, but this seems like a reclamation project. I'd rather hold out of Dubinsky TBH. Not cracking 20 goals or 50 points is a red mark for a highly drafted forwards, especially when we count his value versus Luongo.

As a side note, how many top six centers do Columbus have?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Lol....i just mentioned our 1st....the pitchforks are being weilded by Leafs fans as we speak!!!
I don't know, Bourne seemed...dare I say civil. He wanted a little more youth...any prospects that you'd throw our way for a 2nd or 3rd pick?...or make Connolly Komi?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:12 PM
CBJFan19*

Columbus just got Bobrovsky i dont think they'll give up on him after 2 games and if Luongo is brought in then i dont see it for much

maybe Mason and Calvert

Old
01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Numbers

Quote:
You want Kuli...talk to me, what else?
That's the problem I'm not sure what else. Kulemin is a good piece, but he is not worth close to Luongo on his own and I don't really know what I would ask for from the Leafs.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
I would do

Luongo+
for
Gagner+Paajarvi+Pick(2nd/3rd)

But doubt Oilers will like that much; however because they're same division I just don't see Gillis letting Luo go cheap.
Don't think that is a good idea for the Canucks. Sending Luongo to Oilers is asking for trouble. I would only use them as leverage.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
I don't know, Bourne seemed...dare I say civil. He wanted a little more youth...any prospects that you'd throw our way for a 2nd or 3rd pick?...or make Connolly Komi?
I would do Komi. How about you add a 2nd and we add Frattin.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Ok how bout

Kulemin, Frattin, Finn, 2nd

For

Luongo

And we will take Connolly off your hands at 2/3 salary if that adds value to you. I would take full salary but he won't fit under cap that way.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Ok how bout

For

Luongo

And we will take Connolly off your hands at 2/3 salary if that adds value to you. I would take full salary but he won't fit under cap that way.
No thanks, we don't need spare player for Luongo.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Is that including the first? So Kulemin + Frattin + Komisarek +1st for Luongo +2nd?

Could live with that. My only concern would be how much of Komisarek's salary we can handle going into next year.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Ok how bout

For

Luongo

I would probably do this. As far as Connolly, he's done this year so i'm not concerned with paying to give him away.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
There is nothing wrong with Columbus. Big college town. There's worse in Ohio for sure. And I would not compare anything to Edmonton. Planet Hoth meets Texas.
It's not just the city. It's also the franchise. The BJs are one of the most consistently losing franchieses in NHL history. They do not seem to be anywhere close to icing competitive product.

Edmonton, on the other hand, has a history of winning, and looks to be on the right track in their rebuild. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets have picked in the top 8 every year but one.

Luongo, at 33, is going to want to be with a competitor.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It's not just the city. It's also the franchise. The BJs are one of the most consistently losing franchieses in NHL history. They do not seem to be anywhere close to icing competitive product.

Edmonton, on the other hand, has a history of winning, and looks to be on the right track in their rebuild. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets have picked in the top 8 every year but one.

One is a franchise that had (note past tense) inept management from the start as an expansion franchise.

Edmonton's history of winning was from 20 years ago....that ship has long sailed, the fans of edmonton aren't going out because they're a proven winning franchise, they've been sold on hope. Recent history is of losing and losing badly.

Columbus isn't near as bad as people make them out to be....their 'team' is better now that Nash is gone.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Must be the "air" out in Vancouver. Some of these returns you think the Canucks are getting are pretty funny. I guess you might as well aim high.. No way in hell Gillis is getting close to the standard 1st line player, top prospect and 1st or 2nd round draft pick some of you think.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Must be the "air" out in Vancouver. Some of these returns you think the Canucks are getting are pretty funny. I guess you might as well aim high.. No way in hell Gillis is getting close to the standard 1st line player, top prospect and 1st or 2nd round draft pick some of you think.
Thats a nice insightful post there.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
After living in SoFla and Vancouver, I don't think Buckeye town seems too appealing.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:34 PM
CBJFan19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

they've only been around for 15 years compared to franchises being around decades apon decades. the city has very often been rated one of the best college towns in the country

Closed Thread