Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Red Sox/MLB 2012 Thread Part XXI-Maybe a Banner Year

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 10:14 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
Yeah, that's why i said after this season...
IF NOBODY can acquire Felix Hernandez, from Seattle, why get Morse, who had no interest in being a 1B, even if LaRoche had signed elsewhere, Morse is a below average 1B and a marginal defensive OF....

Old
01-17-2013, 10:16 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Victorino, and Aceves in WBC

Old
01-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Shaun

Bogaerts is playing for the Netherlands too.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:29 AM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
IF NOBODY can acquire Felix Hernandez, from Seattle, why get Morse, who had no interest in being a 1B, even if LaRoche had signed elsewhere, Morse is a below average 1B and a marginal defensive OF....
I don't see the relevance of Felix Hernandez here, but they looked into trading for him to be their 1B, so it seems safe to assume they think he can play first.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:14 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Old
01-18-2013, 07:45 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Morse

Quote:
I don't see the relevance of Felix Hernandez here, but they looked into trading for him to be their 1B, so it seems safe to assume they think he can play first.
ALSO A COMPENSATORY pick, as I recall,

btw, Pawtucket's voice also just was hired by Seattle.

Old
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Ellsbury/Saltalamacchia retained instead of arbitration

Old
01-18-2013, 08:14 PM
kman22

Quote:
ALSO A COMPENSATORY pick, as I recall,

btw, Pawtucket's voice also just was hired by Seattle.
What?

So I said that with Napoli signing a 1 year deal, the Red Sox might target Morse next offseason. You said he just got traded to Seattle so he's no longer an option. I said he's a free agent after this season (when Napoli's deal expires). You said, if no one can trade for Felix Hernandez, why would they want Morse? I said I didn't understand how Felix Hernandez came up.

That was just to recap, because I still have no idea what you are saying.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:00 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
What?

So I said that with Napoli signing a 1 year deal, the Red Sox might target Morse next offseason. You said he just got traded to Seattle so he's no longer an option. I said he's a free agent after this season (when Napoli's deal expires). You said, if no one can trade for Felix Hernandez, why would they want Morse? I said I didn't understand how Felix Hernandez came up.

That was just to recap, because I still have no idea what you are saying.
Morse isn't an option, even as a adequate defensive player, because if WSH had lost LaRoche, instead of extending him, WSH was going to make Morse LaRoche's replacement...

Old
01-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

All arb guys taken care of except Breslow but he and the team only 50k apart

http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston...1&feedID=10430

Old
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit

Awards:
Gotta get me this book.

Interactions with Red Sox players a key part of Terry Francona book with Dan Shaughnessy
Terry Francona’s willingness to protect his players publicly was a factor in both his success and downfall during his eight seasons as Red Sox manager. In his new memoir, “Francona: The Red Sox Years,’’ co-authored by Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy, he offers an often hilarious but never salacious peek behind clubhouse doors on the championship “Idiots” of 2004, borderline insubordinates of 2011, and all the good times and chaos in between.

Much of the book’s advance buzz has focused on management’s backward emphasis on sizzle and prioritizing NESN’s television ratings over baseball matters during the 2010 season, and there are other groan-inducing moments with his bosses. When the Red Sox balk at playing a makeup game during a grueling stretch in 2005, chairman Tom Werner, who is described as “constantly trying to assert his importance,’’ inadvertently confirms that gate receipts are prioritized over what’s best for the team when he suggests to Francona, “Just play the backup guys.”

But it’s the candor, often delivered with deft humor, about the players that will most appeal to Red Sox fans. There’s enough on exasperating man-child hitting savant Manny Ramirez alone to fill several chapters.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...sWP/story.html

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Old
01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Therick67

The story about how Larry was upset the day of the 2004 parade over shirts the players were to wear tells it all. He was more worried about how to make a buck, then actually celebrating.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Therick67

This book sounds like it's going to be a great read.

Texeria said the meeting with Theo and Tito went great, but meeting with Larry was a much different story.

John Henry hiring someone off Sons of Sam horn to give Francona lineup ideals is unreal.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Shaun

Larry Lucchino is worse than aids.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:38 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
This book sounds like it's going to be a great read.

Texeria said the meeting with Theo and Tito went great, but meeting with Larry was a much different story.

John Henry hiring someone off Sons of Sam horn to give Francona lineup ideals is unreal.
What a shocker...

Old
01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
JRull86

John Henry on his own accord honestly wouldn't be a bad owner. He spends money, and doesn't really dabble in the game side of it too often. Lucchino on the other hand absolutely needs to go. I'm sick of looking at his stupid face, hearing his stupid generic comments about whatever the topic of the day is, and frankly just because he's bad for the team.

I wasn't a Texeria fan, and I'm glad they didn't sign, he's gotten worse every year. But the fact that he comes out and flat out says the meeting with the GM and manager was great, and Lucky Larry ruined it, says all you need to know. Stay the **** out of the day to day ops Larry and let the people who know what they are doing do their damn jobs.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
BergyDGD
Friartown!

I'm not a fan of Red Sox ownership. But the 7-20 September collapse two years ago that ultimately cost him his job is on him and players. I guess this book may be his smear campaign towards ownership after what they did to him. I can't believe with all the crap going on in the clubhouse there would be nothing to say about players behavior during that collapse that was worth writing about. The fact that owners care more about money than anything else is hardly a revelation.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:45 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
I'm not a fan of Red Sox ownership. But the 7-20 September collapse two years ago that ultimately cost him his job is on him and players. I guess this book may be his smear campaign towards ownership after what they did to him. I can't believe with all the crap going on in the clubhouse there would be nothing to say about players behavior during that collapse that was worth writing about. The fact that owners care more about money than anything else is hardly a revelation.
Yes the players and Tito shoulder a large piece of the blame, but lets not forget who assembled them together and coddled them so much that they felt entitled to behave this way. That falls squarely on ownership, and as long as they remain, the issues that caused the collapse will persist, regardless of who they bring in.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
kman22

Quote:
Morse isn't an option, even as a adequate defensive player, because if WSH had lost LaRoche, instead of extending him, WSH was going to make Morse LaRoche's replacement...
Again, I am talking about next offseason. Washington has nothing to do with it, same with Felix Hernandez.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:26 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Again, I am talking about next offseason. Washington has nothing to do with it, same with Felix Hernandez.
doesn't matter Napoli's UNDER Contract

Old
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
kman22

Quote:
doesn't matter Napoli's UNDER Contract
Sadly, I can't tell if you are messing with me. My whole point was the 1 year deal with napoli allows them to look to upgrade next winter, with morse as an option. Telling me that morse got traded and napoli signed is just repeating what i said, minus my opinion.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:24 AM
kman22

Also, Justin Upton traded to the Braves in a 6 player deal.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:50 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Pedro Martinez returns as Special Assistant/ Ambassador as some clubs call them to Ben Cherington.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:52 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Pedro Martinez returns as Special Assistant/ Ambassador as some clubs call them to Ben Cherington.
Nothing more than misdirection and a PR move by the FO. Curious how this move happens 2 days after Francona's book drops. God I hate this ownership group...

Old
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Nothing more than misdirection and a PR move by the FO. Curious how this move happens 2 days after Francona's book drops. God I hate this ownership group...
In fairness, it was just a matter of time. But this did work out pretty well timing wise for the owners.

Closed Thread