HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
Still a possibility of signing Dekeyser as well
Probably will see Ouellet and possibly Dekeyser in the NHL sooner then later which will open some space for sure

Old
01-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
Still a possibility of signing Dekeyser as well
How quickly things change. I remember the prevailing opinion last season was that there wouldn't be an immediate NHL spot for Dekeyser, and so he would sign somewhere else instead.

It sure seems like there could be a spot for him now.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
ricky0034

it's too bad that 2011 draft wasn't a couple years earlier really

would be in much better shape on D right now with them ready and Ouellet and probably one of Sproul/Backman/Marchenko getting real chances to show what they have in the NHL with these injuries

Old
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
it's too bad that 2011 draft wasn't a couple years earlier really

would be in much better shape on D right now with them ready and Ouellet and probably one of Sproul/Backman/Marchenko getting real chances to show what they have in the NHL with these injuries
Even if it was just the 2010 draft we would most certainly be seeing Oullet right now, maybe even Sproul.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I'm not surprised. With the amount of d-prospects in next year's Grand Rapids roster and his big role with Linköping, this is really the only logical decision.

I wonder if the new 4 year rule for signing European draft picks is only in place for future draft picks or also the unsigned ones such as Bäckman?
Basicly the old system was same, like they signed him after two years and send back to Sweden and that 3rd year you have his rights doesn't burn that 1st year from the ELC.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
PensFreak

What do you guys think about Jurco having a rough year in the AHL? I've got him in a sim hockey league, and I have been considering moving him

Old
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFreak View Post
What do you guys think about Jurco having a rough year in the AHL? I've got him in a sim hockey league, and I have been considering moving him
Too early to make any conclusions. Depends of the price what you are getting. I would be patient with him.

Trade market is like a stock market. Sell, when the value is high and buy when the value is low. So it not a good time for you to sell him, the buyer wins.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Quote:
Growing pains and a lack of confidence. he's excelled everywhere he's played up until now. he was also 19 to start the season. but he has all the tools. as soon as he gets on a small roll I could see him turning into a major producer. If Gus, stays up in Detroit it will also help get him more Ice time with better players.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Way too soon to pull the plug on him. Lots of kids struggle their first year as a pro, and Jurco is on the younger side for a rookie too. Landon Ferraro is a good example of how a player can struggle to adjust to the pros but blossom in their 2nd year.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:59 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Growing pains and a lack of confidence. he's excelled everywhere he's played up until now. he was also 19 to start the season. but he has all the tools. as soon as he gets on a small roll I could see him turning into a major producer. If Gus, stays up in Detroit it will also help get him more Ice time with better players.
That is a big part of it, at this point how in the world do you play him in the top six with Nyquist, Tatar, Ferraro and Pare. They have a tough top six winger position to crack and when you don't perform there are other guys that get chances.

He is very young, but his confidence if pretty low. I think Jurco will be fine, there are still flashes of his talent. He has a quick release and very nifty hands. It is decision making and gaining more strength that are the biggest needs. Those are both things you expect guys to continue improving on and I think he will to. He also could use some pointers on skating, as he glides a lot and needs to be more deliberate and accelerate a little quicker.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
That is a big part of it, at this point how in the world do you play him in the top six with Nyquist, Tatar, Ferraro and Pare. They have a tough top six winger position to crack and when you don't perform there are other guys that get chances.

He is very young, but his confidence if pretty low. I think Jurco will be fine, there are still flashes of his talent. He has a quick release and very nifty hands. It is decision making and gaining more strength that are the biggest needs. Those are both things you expect guys to continue improving on and I think he will to. He also could use some pointers on skating, as he glides a lot and needs to be more deliberate and accelerate a little quicker.
I think Blashill is perfect for him. He is great with the young guys and knows how to develop them. So just give him time.

You're right about his game. I think the biggest thing for him is his strength, which will allow him to dominate near the boards with those hands and obviously everywhere else as well. He's not afraid to go to the dirty areas but he's too weak to be effective. I notice how he tends to float around as well. I don't know if its a lack of urgency or what. Definitely needs to work on his agility and speed.

One more thing I believe he's struggling with is he tries to be perfect out there. He's always making the safe, simple plays (dumping it in, etc.). Which is by no means a bad thing, it shows he's thinking out there and is aware, but I'd like to see him take a few chances (dangle, etc.). But I'm sure that will come with age.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:16 AM
InjuredChoker

Quine 1A +1.
Paterson 32/35 in a shootout win, saved all SO shots.
AA2 -1.
Sproul 2A, -1.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:26 AM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Not sure if anyone else has posted this yet, but here's an article on Quine from the OHL's website. I think he's gonna be more than what we thought of him in past years. he's always on the score sheet, has really good wheels; and his one real thing against him was his plus minus. Since the trade that has been no issue for him. I don't think he will be a star but I do see NHL potential in the style of Miller.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...rtunity/136908

I don't get the chance to see him play so I'm interested, how is he, before and after the trade to Belleville?

Old
01-24-2013, 09:10 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Håkan Andersson with some harsh words on former prospect Dick Axelsson

– We don't believe in Dicks ability to push himself on the ice or in the Gym. He does not have the physical status he ought to have, says Andersson.

Lazy ass dick

Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Håkan Andersson with some harsh words on former prospect Dick Axelsson

– We don't believe in Dicks ability to push himself on the ice or in the Gym. He does not have the physical status he ought to have, says Andersson.

Lazy ass dick
Any comments on the others? Like Bodin? It looks like he's jumping between Tranås(Div1) and HV71 U20. He played in juniors on the 20th and Div1 yesterday.

Btw, Pulkkinen just scored after a couple of games without points.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
JJTT

Pulkkinen scores his 12th goal of the year

Old
01-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Quine 1A +1.
Paterson 32/35 in a shootout win, saved all SO shots.
AA2 -1.
Sproul 2A, -1.
Good showing by most of those guys. RWC's most recent article is on Sproul with Jiri Fischer having good things to say about him.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:09 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
It is becoming somewhat likely with Hamilton up in Boston for the rest of the year that Sproul and Ouellet could win defenseman of the year in both the OHL and QMJHL. I am wondering when is the last time a team has done that? Has to be kind of unsual.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:17 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
It is becoming somewhat likely with Hamilton up in Boston for the rest of the year that Sproul and Ouellet could win defenseman of the year in both the OHL and QMJHL. I am wondering when is the last time a team has done that? Has to be kind of unsual.
I wonder if Ouellet has a shot at CHL dman of the year....

Old
01-25-2013, 01:02 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I wonder if Ouellet has a shot at CHL dman of the year....
How much do they value production versus complete game, and can overagers win?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:19 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

I hope Ouellet improves his speed if he's gonna have a career in the NHL, in the U-20 tournament he looked kind of slow imo, he was supposed to be recovered from the ankle injury so you can't blame it on that.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
How much do they value production versus complete game, and can overagers win?
Its complete game but you do have to produce to win it. Ouellets on a high profile team, wears the C, produces and plays very strong defensively

Quote:
I hope Ouellet improves his speed if he's gonna have a career in the NHL, in the U-20 tournament he looked kind of slow imo, he was supposed to be recovered from the ankle injury so you can't blame it on that.
Ouellets speed is fine. First of all the ankle was a factor, he hopped into the best junior tourney in the world without playing for over a month and secondly he didnt even look "slow" out there.

Hes not a burner by any means but hes a very good skater and smart positionally so its not a huge factor

Old
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Its complete game but you do have to produce to win it. Ouellets on a high profile team, wears the C, produces and plays very strong defensively

Ouellets speed is fine. First of all the ankle was a factor, he hopped into the best junior tourney in the world without playing for over a month and secondly he didnt even look "slow" out there.

Hes not a burner by any means but hes a very good skater and smart positionally so its not a huge factor
I like you newfy, i really do. But you're way too optimistic, I've never seen you write anything negative about any prospects. It's like a fairytale.

One kind of wish that Ouellet had Beaulieu's skating... it's not bad as in Pulkkinen/Frk-bad but I wish he'd amp it up so he can be a future top2 defender, he's looking more like a 4th D, which isn't too bad but still.

Ouellet is my favourite prospect after Järnkrok, so I have high hopes for him and wish he'd improve on the things that isn't as strong.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
newfy

Quote:
I like you newfy, i really do. But you're way too optimistic, I've never seen you write anything negative about any prospects. It's like a fairytale.

One kind of wish that Ouellet had Beaulieu's skating... it's not bad as in Pulkkinen/Frk-bad but I wish he'd amp it up so he can be a future top2 defender, he's looking more like a 4th D, which isn't too bad but still.

Ouellet is my favourite prospect after Järnkrok, so I have high hopes for him and wish he'd improve on the things that isn't as strong.
Saying he isnt slow isnt being too optimistic. Saying he was slow at the world juniors is being pessimistic lol especially if you want to say his ankle didnt factor into it. He hadnt played for over a month and jumped right into that tourney and logged as much ice time as any dman on Canada on big ice.

Is he an absolute burner? No not at all but hes a good skater, its one of his best assets and the red wings brass say his mobility is one of the biggest reasons they drafted him.

You dont get to where Ouellet is with being a poor skater to the point it may hamper your game.

And I do write things about prospects when theres something wrong with them. For example, the entire board being absolutely in love with Athansiou in the summer. Having a good year now and may even get looked at for Canada next year but not even close to sold on him. I think a lot of the time me posting good things about the prospects gets mistaken as me thinking they'll make the NHL. Like when I said Quine should get a contract after this season.

Dont ask me about Aubry this year, I also dont come in this thread to post all the bad things. When I see something good I post it so chances are if I dont talk about a guy hes not doing well

Old
01-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
One kind of wish that Ouellet had Beaulieu's skating... it's not bad as in Pulkkinen/Frk-bad but I wish he'd amp it up so he can be a future top2 defender, he's looking more like a 4th D, which isn't too bad but still
To be fair to Ouellet, his skating is much better than what we saw in the last few games at the WJC. He was skating very well in the summertime against Russia.

Closed Thread