HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie weary?

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 12:31 PM
thistle

vCash: 500
Comrie weary?

Don't know how recently this has developed....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...13_165509_3992

more specifically...."Sources say the 23-year-old Edmonton native is growing weary of sitting on the sidelines and is prepared to go just about anywhere to end this stalemate."

It appears that the Comrie camp may be relenting, good too see. Let the proposals ensue...

Old
12-13-2003, 12:36 PM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Yes!

Let the offers fly in. Hearing this is music to all of our ears. This means we can look at REAL offers that address our needs RIGHT NOW.

Beautiful.

It's the best thing Comrie has done for us all year.

Old
12-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle
Don't know how recently this has developed....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...13_165509_3992

more specifically...."Sources say the 23-year-old Edmonton native is growing weary of sitting on the sidelines and is prepared to go just about anywhere to end this stalemate."

It appears that the Comrie camp may be relenting, good too see. Let the proposals ensue...
Best news I've heard in this soap opera so far.

Old
12-13-2003, 12:39 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Awwww, poor baby!

Old
12-13-2003, 12:40 PM
H-Bear

Great article. The middle of the address has 20031213, which seperates to to be 2003, 12, 13 (ie: today).

I wonder what the six teams are that are inquiring about him.

"Edmonton general manager, Kevin Lowe told Sportsnet six teams in the past 48 hours have called to inquire about the restricted free-agent. However, he added a lot more research is needed before anything can or will get done."

I'll take my guess here:
  1. Anaheim - well duh.
  2. Phoenix - why else would Comrie make a trip there?
  3. Boston - just a gutt feeling, nothing more.
  4. Atlanta - perhaps still interested?
  5. NYI - these two seem to like trading with eachother.
  6. Chicago - They could use a skill upgrade, as they are missing MANY key players.

Old
12-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Hairball

I'm guessing that almost anywhere means anywhere but here? By the way, sportsnet links never work for me. What does it say?

Old
12-13-2003, 12:53 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairball
I'm guessing that almost anywhere means anywhere but here? By the way, sportsnet links never work for me. What does it say?
It says that sources say Comrie is getting very weary of sitting on the sidelines and is willing to go just about anywhere to end this messy situation with the Oilers. It also says Lowe told Sportsnet that he has had calls from 6 different GM's in the past 48 hours in regards to a Comrie trade.

It sure looks like this could be over by next Friday(Roster Freeze), I sure hope it is!

Old
12-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
Yes!

Let the offers fly in. Hearing this is music to all of our ears. This means we can look at REAL offers that address our needs RIGHT NOW.
Meh, I don't know... While Perry and a 1st wasn't exactly the best return, I think it's along the lines of what the Oilers should still expect, and I don't have a problem with that. I don't want a roster player coming in unless he's good (Legwand, Marleau, Zetterberg, etc.) and I can't see that happening. I really like the idea that Lowe's targeting a first rounder.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:20 PM
nikeisevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Meh, I don't know... While Perry and a 1st wasn't exactly the best return, I think it's along the lines of what the Oilers should still expect, and I don't have a problem with that. I don't want a roster player coming in unless he's good (Legwand, Marleau, Zetterberg, etc.) and I can't see that happening. I really like the idea that Lowe's targeting a first rounder.
I think we will get a defenseman and a pick.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
I think we will get a defenseman and a pick.
Yep, could be likely. But I'd love for that pick to be a 1st. I always have one eye glued on that damn draft!

Old
12-13-2003, 01:26 PM
nikeisevil

Quote:
Yep, could be likely. But I'd love for that pick to be a 1st. I always have one eye glued on that damn draft!
No kidding. That would make draft day interesting if we had 2 first rounders.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Bohologo

Has somebody just blinked first? If so, good for Lowe for sticking to his guns, it's better for the Oil that he gets the best deal he can.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:36 PM
windowlicker

I love it..... who did Comrie and Winters think Lowe was when they went up against him with such dumb fervor? Were talking about a very articulate, smart, strong minded individual, a former proud member of the NHLPA for 19 years, owner of 6 Stanley Cup rings, someone who went from Assistant Coach to Head Coach to General manager in a span of 3 years, ....overall just One tough MOFO on and off the ice. I may not always agree with all of his moves (at the time they happen usually, with time they pretty much always look better), but ive never felt any unease about him being at the helm here.

And this whiny little 23 year old, along with his wonderfull agent thought they knew what they were doing...

I love it

Old
12-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Oylerz

Quote:
I like the idea of getting a first as well, and Chicago would appear to have the best one of those six next year...
would Chicago go
Babchuck or Seabrook + 2003 1st
for
Comrie

That would be a great deal.

Old
12-13-2003, 11:23 PM
Oilercreeper

If the Oilers are going to trade with Chicago... Kevin Lowe is gonna want Tyler Arnason in a deal...

Old
12-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I think we need to address our soon to be thin goaltending situation, I would like to find either a cheap 35 gamer or a just about ready prospect like Oullette. The goaltending market is cramped right now, so I assume we could address that deal seperately down but I am not to comfortable with how things look now. The way I see things shaking down is these 6 teams called about Comrie...

Boston
Washington
Chicago
Phoenix
Florida
New Jersey

My gut tells me that he will go to the east, but my heart wants him in the west so we can boo him more often.

Closed Thread