HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers interested in Luongo?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 02:11 AM
  #501
alves
Registered User
 
alves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Chris, surely you can't be serious...

Holmgren would never leave the team with 9.29m left in cap room!
he wouldn't you're right. that would be ludirous.

alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:55 AM
  #502
kcunac
Registered User
 
kcunac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
If anything I could see

Philly: Gardiner, Ballard/Tanev
Toronto: Lou
Vancouver: Read, Grossman

Vancouver gets secondary scoring and grit on the blue line.
Toronto gets Lou without giving up any offense, which they don't have extra.
Philly gets a young puck mover with a lot of potential and a third pairing dmen. Tanev would be better but I would think Vancouver would throw in Ballard as a salary dump instead.
I find this deal interesting from a Vancouver POV. Not sure if Toronto would be up for it, but Read and Grossman are useful pieces for Van. Could any Philly fans give a bit more of a scouting report on Read? I know he is a good two way player and PKer, but is he more of a shooter or a passer? Did he play centre much, and how effectively? I imagine he isn't very physical due to his size?

kcunac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
  #503
kcunac
Registered User
 
kcunac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
Told the flyers only were willing to swap Bryzgalov + for Luongo.
This is pretty hard to believe unless you think GMs just troll each other for s**ts and giggles. Obviously Van has Schneider and would not be interested in Byrz coming back. IMO this casts further doubt on Eklund's original post about Philly not being interested in Luongo.

kcunac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
  #504
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang
 
FlyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Livin the High Life
Country: United States
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunac View Post
I find this deal interesting from a Vancouver POV. Not sure if Toronto would be up for it, but Read and Grossman are useful pieces for Van. Could any Philly fans give a bit more of a scouting report on Read? I know he is a good two way player and PKer, but is he more of a shooter or a passer? Did he play centre much, and how effectively? I imagine he isn't very physical due to his size?
His best assets are his speed, wrist shot and overall awareness. Because of that, he is a good PK like you said, and is solid defensively. He only filled in at times at C because of the depth we have, and I don't think his faceoff numbers are all that great, but that can be worked on. He's not Schenn out there, but he throws some hits around.

If we did trade him away I'd be sad, he was a fantastic under the radar signing that turned out to be a gem. He is a very versatile forward, so it would hurt bigtime if someone got hurt.

As for that deal, I'd pass. Gardiner isn't even healthy right now, and on a short season you need to win games, and you need to win them fast. The fact that it was a concussion a month ago makes it even scarier on a short season. Ballard/Tanev don't really interest me much personally, especially if they are supposed to replace Grossman, who last year made up our best pairing with Coburn. Flyers need to add right now, not subtract.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:31 AM
  #505
kcunac
Registered User
 
kcunac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
thanks!

kcunac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
  #506
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,838
vCash: 500
McKenzi stated during tonights pre-game show that he believes Luongo will be coming to Philly if Bryz flops this year.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:29 PM
  #507
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
Why do people think Luongo would fix anything?

We have no D and forwards who pretty much refuse to play D

__________________
Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
  #508
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
McKenzi stated during tonights pre-game show that he believes Luongo will be coming to Philly if Bryz flops this year.
well mckenzie's a moron. their both the same goalie. their both good but if we got rid of bryz it would be because of his contract. luongo's is a bigger nightmare for an older goalie with bigger mental issues. he aint comin back from handing the bruins the cup. i can smell the loser comin off him from here.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
  #509
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
well mckenzie's a moron. their both the same goalie. their both good but if we got rid of bryz it would be because of his contract. luongo's is a bigger nightmare for an older goalie with bigger mental issues. he aint comin back from handing the bruins the cup. i can smell the loser comin off him from here.
Sorry I had to.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:12 PM
  #510
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
One word..Why? Bryz has this season to prove himself or else he will be brought out. Not to hard to figure that out.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:07 PM
  #511
CootaRoo
Registered User
 
CootaRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
I don't see how Vancouver can trade him - if he retires at any point during the rest of the contract they'd get crushed by that silly cap recapture rule. They really have to bite the bullet, keep him this season and then buy him out.

CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
  #512
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
One word..Why? Bryz has this season to prove himself or else he will be brought out. Not to hard to figure that out.
I'd actually say he's proven himself outside of October and December of last yeaer



His stats outside of those two months and april since he was hurt, his stat line is :

2.11 GAA and a .924 Sv Pct

Edit : And I know people got angry with it before, but with Bryz the starter and not worrying about a backup taking his spot, he does best. More ice time means a more consistent bryz

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
  #513
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,189
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'd actually say he's proven himself outside of October and December of last yeaer



His stats outside of those two months and april since he was hurt, his stat line is :

2.11 GAA and a .924 Sv Pct
You're forgetting another important stat line for a team owned by a man who badly wants one more Cup:

3.46 GAA .887%

Edit: Let's also not forget he's signed for a long time considering his age. If he shows more disastrous inconsistency, he can still easily be bought out just to save this team from the future implications and substantial risk of his contract

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:32 PM
  #514
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You're forgetting another important stat line for a team owned by a man who badly wants one more Cup:

3.46 GAA .887%
Could you do a better job with a broken foot and hurt hip?

Bryz probably shouldn't have started in the playoffs since it was still obviously bothering him. But we had no one to play.

Bob? Yeah, let's give him another mental breakdown.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
  #515
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,189
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Could you do a better job with a broken foot and hurt hip?

Bryz probably shouldn't have started in the playoffs since it was still obviously bothering him. But we had no one to play.

Bob? Yeah, let's give him another mental breakdown.
Did he also have a stroke? Because he also struggled mightily with tracking the puck and being in proper position, even on shots where he didn't need lots of lateral movement.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure why it matters if I can do a better job. What matters is Bryz showing some form of consistency in the regular and postseason (which, if you look at his stats and performances, he has not shown recently), instead of being another MAF we have signed forever and mostly for his expected decline years.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:41 PM
  #516
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Did he also have a stroke? Because he also struggled mightily with tracking the puck and being in proper position, even on shots where he didn't need lots of lateral movement.
Let me hit you in the hip with a hammer and then break your foot and let's see if you have problems moving around with all that weight on you

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:42 PM
  #517
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Did he also have a stroke? Because he also struggled mightily with tracking the puck and being in proper position, even on shots where he didn't need lots of lateral movement.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure why it matters if I can do a better job. What matters is Bryz showing some form of consistency in the regular and postseason (which, if you look at his stats and performances, he has not shown recently), instead of being another MAF we have signed forever and mostly for his expected decline years.
He showed consistence from January until the end of the year...

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:42 PM
  #518
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,189
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Let me hit you in the hip with a hammer and then break your foot and let's see if you have problems moving around with all that weight on you
Oh please. I have hip and knee issues that used to require various treatments, ranging from rehab to ultrasound voodoo. They didn't affect me mentally. His mental game was most definitely shot to hell. He was making sloppy, sloppy mistakes and bad decisions.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
  #519
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,189
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
He showed consistence from January until the end of the year...
Not really. Look back at the box scores, and use your memory. In January and February he looked shaky on the ice and he had quite a few bad starts peppered in. He'd start to look better for a couple games, then he'd collapse for a game or two. It wasn't until March that he showed real confidence. January and February were marked by incredible fluctuations from really good to downright terrible.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:46 PM
  #520
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
His mental game was shot to hell because this city is a goalie graveyard. It's been so long since we've had a good goaltender and now almost everyone, including the media, automatically blames the goaltender for any goal. Hell, look at the idiots in the GDT blaming him for the losses the last 3 games.

If you had millions of fans booing you constantly and going out of their way on twitter to tell you that you suck, you'd have no confidence either.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
  #521
zelrio*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
I don't understand. What about Bryzgalov? He's making top-dog money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
Told the flyers only were willing to swap Bryzgalov + for Luongo.
Told this by his mother.

zelrio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:48 PM
  #522
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,189
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
His mental game was shot to hell because this city is a goalie graveyard. It's been so long since we've had a good goaltender and now almost everyone, including the media, automatically blames the goaltender for any goal. Hell, look at the idiots in the GDT blaming him for the losses the last 3 games.

If you had millions of fans booing you constantly and going out of their way on twitter to tell you that you suck, you'd have no confidence either.
He wasn't getting booed when he started sucking. That's the thing. This fanbase really wanted him to be good, and they really wanted to pull for him. He had plenty of support until his continued poor play eroded it away. It's not like he had one bad game and was a dog. He had about a month of inconsistent play where he costed the team games before people got nice and pissed.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
  #523
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfSeanAvery View Post
I don't understand. What about Bryzgalov? He's making top-dog money.



Told this by his mother.
People seem to think we'd buy him out and get luongo


It's a stupid rumor

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
  #524
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,189
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
People seem to think we'd buy him out and get luongo


It's a stupid rumor
Or better yet, we'd swap goalies. With the new CBA penalties we'd be playing Russian Roulette with our salary caps. Fun for everyone!

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
  #525
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He wasn't getting booed when he started sucking. That's the thing. This fanbase really wanted him to be good, and they really wanted to pull for him. He had plenty of support until his continued poor play eroded it away. It's not like he had one bad game and was a dog. He had about a month of inconsistent play where he costed the team games before people got nice and pissed.
What about the times he had great games only to get the loss because the forwards didn't show up?

That 1-0 shootout loss to the islanders was one of the big ones

There's probably a few others as well

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.