HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 1

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 1

Continue here.

01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Columbus just traded Rick Nash for a bunch of lesser players.

They aren't going to trade those lesser players for even lesser players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
It's debatable that Hemsky and Gagner are lesser players than Anisimov and Umberger. It's a matter of addressing positional needs. In the Nash trade, the Jackets just went for the best value they could get. They didn't necessarily need the players they got in return. Having Brassard, Dubinsky, Anisimov & Umberger as capable top 6/9 centermen and with Johansen in the system it's quite plausible they could trade one for a skilled winger.

Not to mention Howsen could value guys like Hemsky a bit higher than other GMs for obvious reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I was referring more to the Gagner and a pick part. Should've specified.

I'm not sure I would trade Hemsky for Anisimov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotron View Post
I don't know why we are in such a hurry to get rid of Gagner...
given his stats/age/contract he isn't a bad 2C
the only person out on the market that is a better option is ROR and chances of us getting him is slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
If we could trade Whitney and Hemsky and picks/prospects to get the big second line centre we need I would move Sam to the right wing where he looked his best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Would depend on how good Anisimov's defensive game is. I have not seen enough of him to pass judgment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Was he not your #1C last year?

Hard to call his demands unreasonable if that is the case.
Last few posts from earlier thread.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 500
The fact that Duchene has said he'll stay at center all year and Colorado already has Stastny aswell, the thought of O'Reilly being available seems quite realistic.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Say, for some reason, we deal Gagner for Luongo... Can we get a C for Dubnyk if we ship him out? Can we sign a stop-gap C until the offseason?

Old
01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

I like what I've seen of Charlie Coyle from the Wilds. He may still be a prospect, but he looks like what the Oilers need at 2nd C. I don't think the Oilers will get the vetran C their looking for, unless it's a massive over payment.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
As I've been saying the last few years; Dubs is not a starter. Not saying he's the reason last nights game was 6-1 but he did let in a couple really weak sauce type goals.. as he does most games.

Gagner in my opinion is improving still. His face-offs are improving. His offensive game is improving. His toughness on the puck is improving. Why trade a 23 year old second line center when he's doing pretty decent.. Who's gonna take his place... Horquiff?

Old
01-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Sexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab
There was definitely some quality chances in the 2nd. Danis was able to make the saves though, so no one is talking about the bad defensive break downs.
We left 2 guys in the slot open twice in the 2nd period too? News to me.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Say, for some reason, we deal Gagner for Luongo... Can we get a C for Dubnyk if we ship him out? Can we sign a stop-gap C until the offseason?
Doubtful.. unless Arnott is in game shape and will sign here. Either way, it doesn't look good if we lose Gags.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Paralyzer008

I wonder if Tambo chooses to attempt a big move...

The goalie we need-Luongo?
The center we need-O'Reilly?
The D we need-Subban?
The power forward we need-Clowe (UFA)?
The defensive top 4 D we need-haven't heard a rumored name here

Obviously we only have the pieces to make one trade, and I say that guy is P.K. Subban. Hearing his name as a possible trade chip is perfect. Anyone know what would be the asking price though?

J.Schultz-N.Schultz
Subban-Smid
Petry-Fistric
Whitney?

Old
01-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Sexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post

The D we need-Subban?

Obviously we only have the pieces to make one trade, and I say that guy is P.K. Subban. Hearing his name as a possible trade chip is perfect. Anyone know what would be the asking price though?

J.Schultz-N.Schultz
Subban-Smid
Petry-Fistric
Whitney?
They would ask for one of the 5 young guys. Which will end the conversation.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
SDig14

The problem with Subban is we still don't know for certain what it is going to cost us to sign him and over how long, and then on top of that the price tag for the trade.

We don't exactly have a lot of intriguing assets that we are willing to trade. I am sure if Subban is available someone would outbid us for sure.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:

The D we need-Subban?

J.Schultz-N.Schultz
Subban-Smid
Petry-Fistric
Whitney?
Montreal will want the moon for Subban, considering he's young and has high potential. They'd ask for one of our 5 kids.

I'd be willing to part with Klefbom and a 2nd. That's about it. And I don't know if that'll get it done.

And I'm excited to see Klefbom here.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Kevotron

PK Subban is overrated, besides why do we need another offensive minded d ? priority for the Oilers is a big winger or C

Old
01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Paralyzer008

I know everyone thinks MTL would ask for the moon but I actually think they would get lesser value than normal because of the contract situation and teams knowing they were in a bind (which could be Colorado's problem with O'Reilly)

I wonder if Whitney, Paajarvi, Klefbom and a 1st gets it done. Or if MTL doesn't want Whitney because he hasn't been too impressive lately, maybe Petry, Paajarvi, Klefbom, 2nd

Old
01-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Lessy

O'Reilly and Subban meet the needs of this team to a tee. O'Reilly is the physical, defensive 2C that would be ideal playing with our smaller skilled wingers and Subban is a top pairing defencemen with #1 potential. Both are still in the age range of this team's core which would be ideal.

There's no way Colorado moves O'Reilly within the division without a massive overpayment aka one of our big five. Montreal would want one of the big four for Subban and that's not happening in all likelihood either. If they move Subban Bergevin needs to get something back that he can sell to the fans. Magic beans are not that something. An offer sheet would be a great tool to use provided we're confident we won't be picking at the top again. Too bad Tambo traded that 3rd...

Old
01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Lessy

Quote:
I know everyone thinks MTL would ask for the moon but I actually think they would get lesser value than normal because of the contract situation and teams knowing they were in a bind (which could be Colorado's problem with O'Reilly)

I wonder if Whitney, Paajarvi, Klefbom and a 1st gets it done. Or if MTL doesn't want Whitney because he hasn't been too impressive lately, maybe Petry, Paajarvi, Klefbom, 2nd
Value wise that's not bad at all for the Habs. I don't think they need Klefbom because they have Tinordi/Beaulieu. Petry would be a decent replacement for Subban and still young enough as well and Paajarvi is a nice piece. Petry, Paajarvi, 1st probably gets it done and that's two players that can go in and play right away for MTL and sell to their fans.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotron View Post
PK Subban is overrated, besides why do we need another offensive minded d ? priority for the Oilers is a big winger or C
He's far from one-dimensional. Would easily be the most well rounded defencemen on our roster.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:34 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Value wise that's not bad at all for the Habs. I don't think they need Klefbom because they have Tinordi/Beaulieu. Petry would be a decent replacement for Subban and still young enough as well and Paajarvi is a nice piece. Petry, Paajarvi, 1st probably gets it done and that's two players that can go in and play right away for MTL and sell to their fans.
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Old
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Fuhryous

I am not even going to attempt to make a proposal or if this has been suggested, but is there any way a three way trade between the Oilers, Canucks & Habs could work if they got Luongo, the Oilers got Price and Gillis gets what he wants out of both teams combined...or did I fall off my rocker?

Old
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I am not even going to attempt to make a proposal or if this has been suggested, but is there any way a three way trade between the Oilers, Canucks & Habs could work if they got Luongo, the Oilers got Price and Gillis gets what he wants out of both teams combined...or did I fall off my rocker?
Off the rocker. Subban might get moved, Price no chance.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
Carey Price's chances of getting traded are absolute zero, or -273 degrees Kelvin

Guy's not going anywhere

The only goalies available right now (that have a chance of being or are quality) are Bernier, Bishop, and Luongo, maybe Niemi if Sharks re-sign Greiss

Old
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
The fact that Duchene has said he'll stay at center all year and Colorado already has Stastny aswell, the thought of O'Reilly being available seems quite realistic.
I believe O'Reilly will cost a lot, money wise. I believe he is making 3 or 4M in the KHL right now, and read that if it costs them more to keep him they will give him more. I believe he wanted 5M from Colorado.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:00 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Off the rocker. Subban might get moved, Price no chance.
It would be safer to say that you be off your rocker to believe either gets traded.

Last edited by WeridAl: 01-31-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
jmoss45

What about Dubinsky from Columbus?

Hemsky for Dubinsky. Contracts are close in $$ value.

Hall-Nuge-Ebs
Dubinsky-Gagner-Yak

Oilers get more physical in their top 6 and a guy who can take draws if Gagner struggles.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:08 PM
wuzupdawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
This.

Leave the team alone. We're two games in with a fairly strong but as yet unproven line-up. Let them prove something first before going and mucking things all up, for christ sake.

Closed Thread